Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e - One Shot/Recruiting] Doorway to Chaos [6/8] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm
Sentinel's first two strikes completely and utterly miss his targets, however - his third strike connects a solid blow with the face of one of the red-skinned creatures. Like the others before it, the strike causes it to 'explode' throwing a purple pulse of energy out from its' body which damages both Toranis, and Sentinel before he is able to shift away. (5 Necrotic each).

With the beast dead, Toranis is safe from the strike it would have had for leaving himself open. The first bolt strikes the huge beast, filling the room with the smell of burnt fur and causing the beast to roar aloud in pain. The next bolt, targeted toward one of the red-skinned monsters, strikes the ground beside it - preventing further strikes.

The huge fur-beast lumbers forward, each footstep causing loud thuds across the stone floor and causing small rocks and other debris round its' feet to bounce off the ground. It raises up with both its' fists, swinging them down to pound both Red Herring and Barberie into the ground - however, Red is able to sidestep it, and its' aim is off when it comes to Barberie - causing the stone floor to crack and break under each fist but otherwise doing no further harm.

The fat blue-skinned creatures lumber forward, walking unsteadily due to their massive bulk. One reaches into its' belly and tears out a hunk of red flesh before hurling it, while the other hurls one it already had in-hand. Tearing out this flesh seems to cause them harm, but not much. Both hunks of flesh fly into the middle of your group and burst in an array of fire and necrotic energies - the first burst only is able to affect Soveliss, while the second burst harms Barberie, Xavier, and Toranis.

[ The brown blots are mark points, and the brown area centered on Sentinel is to help me remember the REF/AC shield bonus. Also, I'm trying to include extra info in my notes (like marks, bonuses, auras), so if I'm missing anything from the below - point it out to me, I may have just forgotten to scribbe it in. >.> Anyway:

@Sentinel: The bonus from Stalward Guard stance is Shield, so wouldn't the overall bonus be +2 Shield bonus to AC/Ref for everyone adjacent, not +3?
@Sentinel (DMG): 5 Necrotic
@Toranis: The attack roll was 32; so I believe it hits regardless. I feel so bad that your attack missed on #2. ;p Also, you are immobilied - I didn't see you make a save on your turn. o.,o
@Toranis (DMG): 5 Necrotic, 17 Fire/Necrotic [22 Total]
@Soveliss (DMG): 19 Fire/Necrotic
@Xavier (DMG): 17 Fire/Necrotic
@Barberie (DMG): 17 Fire/Necrotic

G7 is downed; and explodes.
G is hurt, but not even close to being bloodied.

[ Initiative - Round 1 || Click For Map || ]

[37] R
[33] RD
[28] G3, G4, G5, G6, G8

[28] Sentinel [5 Damage]
-------- Mark: G3 (End of Next Turn)
-------- Mark: G8 (End of Next Turn)
-------- Allies gain +2 Shield AC and Ref while Adjacent
[27] Toranis [29 Damage] [Immobilized - Save Ends]
-------- Lightning Field (End of Next Turn) (LitDMG to creatures moving adjacent or attacking)

[26] G [36 Damage]
[25] S1, S2

[23] Xavier [17 Damage] | Turn |

[20] C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8
[18] I1, I2

[16] Soveliss [19 Damage]
[14] Barberie [24 Damage] [Immobilized - Save Ends]
[12] Red Herring [24 Damage] [Immobilized - Save Ends]
-------- Firesoul Aura: 5 fire damage to anything which hits him in melee.

Round 1: Xavier - Go! ]

Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:16 pm
Saving Throw vs Immobilized = Failed

[[Permission to spend my action point now, Reev? It'll just be against the small G's, because I... y'know... had expected to kill a few >_>' ]]  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:19 pm
[ Sure. Just let me know how and I'll update the map as quickly as I can. I don't think it could/will undo anything already done.]  
Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 pm
ACTION POINT

Quote:
Lightning Strike, +21+2 (Tactical Presence) vs G4's Reflex. If it hits, G4 takes 2d8 + 16 damage, and G3 takes 12 lightning damage.

ELECTRIC ACTION

Quote:
G5, G6, and G8 take 5 lightning damage.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa rolled 4 8-sided dice: 1, 8, 6, 7 Total: 22 (4-32)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:29 pm
34 vs G4's Reflex

2d8 = 9 or 13 + 16 = 29 lightning damage

If it hit, G3 = 12 lightning damage

--------------

Regardless of hit or miss:
G5 = 5 lightning damage
G6 = 5 lightning damage
G8 = 5 lightning damage  
bamaotaku rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:33 pm
Eyes lifting as the massive creature lumbers up behind its much smaller cohorts, the Eladrin wizard crosses his two staves before him, both beginning to glow and add their power to his spell.

"While the blind may seek lost sight, those who follow false visions shall be doomed to suffer the pain of their ignorance....Mirror Sphere!"

What appears to be a reflective ball materializes floating in front of him and he hurls it at the massive creature, causing false images to assault its mind. Rather than take further actions, he looks over to Sentinel and speaks directly to him.

"I want to stand where you are once you move. I'll be able to push away those foul beasts once closer."

Standard Action
Quote:
Mirror Sphere - Encounter - Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic
Attack: Intelligence vs Will

Effect - 1d10+Int mod psychic damage. If the target makes an attack roll before the end of its next turn, it takes damage and is subject to all other effects of that attack as if it had hit itself. Any resitances and immunities of the target do not affect the damage it deals to itself in this way. It still attacks the original target normally.

Targetting Big G

Attack
Quote:
1+22=23

bamaotaku
Crew

Reevinja Mk II rolled 10 20-sided dice: 12, 5, 14, 18, 13, 20, 6, 9, 12, 9 Total: 118 (10-200)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:01 pm
vs. Sentinel [x2]
vs. Red Herring [x4]
vs. Barberie [x2]
vs. Sentinel
vs. Soveliss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:36 pm
Toranis' lightning bolt strikes the first beast, which arcs to the second beast and the residual lightning from him hits three others - causing, almost at once, five pulses of dark energy which go off in the immediate vicinity of his allies. Unfortunately, Xavier is unable to be as effective as his ally - his spell having no effect whatsoever on the lumbering hairy beast.

The canines suddenly lunge forward now, it pairs of two. Four go for Red Herring, lashing out from a distance with their tongue - only one is able to slam it across the gensai's chest, fire swirling around it and killing the creature. Two make for Sentinel, but neither is able to get past his defenses. Two more go for Barberie, with one making it past to smack her upside the head.

The two immolated creatures move forward, circling around the outsides of the area and uttering in abyssal the words of a curse - both Sentinel and Soveliss find a ball and chain made of fire appearing around them, shackled to their ankles and slowing their movement.

[ See my previous post for extra information (top of the page).

@Barberie: 25 Damage (5 Necrotic (x4), 5 Damage] [Dazed - Save Ends]
@Red Herring: 15 Damage (5 Necrotic (x2), 5 Damage) [Dazed - Save Ends]
@Sentinel: 5 Damage (5 Necrotic) [Slowed - Save Ends]
@Soveliss: Slowed - Save Ends

G3, 4, 5, 6, 8 are downed, and exploded.
C4 is killed by Red Herring's fire aura.

[ Initiative - Round 1 || Click For Map || ]

[37] R
[33] RD

[28] Sentinel [10 Damage] [Slowed - Save Ends]
-------- Allies gain +2 Shield AC and Ref while Adjacent
-------- Afterffect: Ongoing 5 fire damage - Save Ends [After saved vs. Slow]
[27] Toranis [29 Damage] [Immobilized - Save Ends]
-------- Lightning Field (End of Next Turn) (LitDMG to creatures moving adjacent or attacking)

[26] G [36 Damage]
[25] S1, S2

[23] Xavier [17 Damage]

[20] C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C7, C8
[18] I1, I2

[16] Soveliss [19 Damage] [Slowed - Save Ends] ||| Turn |||
-------- Afterffect: Ongoing 5 fire damage - Save Ends [After saved vs. Slow]
[14] Barberie [49 Damage] [Immobilized - Save Ends] [Dazed - Save Ends]||| Turn |||
[12] Red Herring [39 Damage] [Immobilized - Save Ends] [Dazed - Save Ends] ||| Turn |||
-------- Firesoul Aura: 5 fire damage to anything which hits him in melee.

Round 1: Soveliss, Barberie, Red Herring - Go! ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Genericho rolled 9 20-sided dice: 1, 15, 20, 16, 10, 10, 8, 1, 6 Total: 87 (9-180)

Genericho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:01 pm
Leans on his sword as the overeager little buggers suicide on his aura.

"Well I guess that's one way to get rid of them. And here's another~"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[+19 vs Reflex on 9 targets, DM can choose the order.

1 +19 = critical miss
15 +19 = 34
20 +19 = 39
16 +19 = 35
10 +19 = 29
10 +19 = 29
8 +19 = 27
1 + 19 = critical miss
6 + 19 = 25]

Genericho rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 4, 5 Total: 14 (3-18)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:04 pm
[Damage roll, 3d6+6 = 20 fire damage and anything hit (and still alive) gains Vulnerable 5 Fire until the end of my next turn]  

Genericho

Genericho rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 9 Total: 25 (2-40)

Genericho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:07 pm
[save vs immobilization and dazed, and that's all I can do.

Also a reminder since fire damage seems to be coming into play that I share my 15 fire resistance with allies within 2 squares of me]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:30 pm
As the roaring inferno created by Red Herring dies down, a light gray smoke lingering in the air, only one of the canines remains and the furred-beast appears unharmed, as does the creature made almost entirely of fire - this creature, in fact, lets out a cackle as if amused by the attempt to destroy fire with fire.

[ C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C7 are all dead. I2 is hit, but unaffected.
Saved vs. Immobilize.

Since that.. really clears the map, I've decided to do another quick update: Click Here

Barberie, Soveliss - Go! ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Genericho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:35 pm
Reevinja Mk II
this creature, in fact, lets out a cackle as if amused by the attempt to destroy fire with fire

Points my sword at him and shouts in Primordial

Hey! See this? This is going up whatever passes for your a** as soon as I can... move

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:29 am
Reevinja Mk II
@Sentinel: The bonus from Stalward Guard stance is Shield, so wouldn't the overall bonus be +2 Shield bonus to AC/Ref for everyone adjacent, not +3?
@Sentinel (DMG): 5 Necrotic

((you're right, I was expecting stalwart guard was a power bonus. My armor also gives me resist 2 all, so I should only take 3 damage each from the popping minions ))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
iDragow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:48 am
((As a note, anyone who spends an action point to take an extra action gets 1/2 my Int mod to attacks (+2), my whole Int mod to damage (+4), and can teleport 1 square. 3nodding ))

"Good job, Toranis and Red! If we can keep up this pace, we should have no problem cutting a path through their numbers, and right to their leader!" The Eladrin decked out in heavy scale armor shouted over the din of combat, addressing his fellow warriors.

Time to press their advantage. "Barberie! Let us avenge the wounds that these monstrosities have inflicted upon our allies!" Barking out some encouragement to the female warrior, Soveliss made a move.

Pushing himself into the front of the group, he drew his spear with the practiced expertise of decades that most Eladrin have. Gripping it loosely in his right hand, he came to a stop. Forward moment and all the strength in his body pushed the point forward as he jabbed at the awesome foe before them.

If he could land the blow with as much force as he wanted, he could possibly force it a few steps back, and give them some more time to deal with his smaller brethren.

Quote:
Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Barberie. Healing Surge+4d6(16)+Int modifier(+4)+Cha modifier(+3).
Move Action: 1 N, 1 NE
Standard Action: Driving Spear on G.
Attack: 1d20(18)+22=40
Hit: 2d10(15)+13=28 damage, and you push the target a number of squares equal to your Intelligence modifier (+4).
Saving Throw: 10 vs. Slowed

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces