Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 pm
Kojiro stumbled backwards a little from the force of the blow and steadied himself before Hogai dropped to one knee. The ringing in Kojiro's ears would've blocked the words of any other man, but he had heard Hogai clearly.

"I thank you for this match, Lord Hida." Kojiro bowed deeply to the older Crab warrior and sheathed his katana. I finally appreciate a lesson my teachers tried to instill upon me. I shall remember to match the tools to the battle and I hope the next time we fight, I can give you an even greater challenge." With that, Kojiro would clumsily pick up his kusarigama and unsteadily walk back to where he was before.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:16 pm
@ Martial Duels:

A short while would proceed, while all the appropriate Path to Inner Peaces would be cast. Seppun Benjiro would announce the following brackets.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With Kakita Zanzen's next opponent yet unsecured, the upper half of the brackets would continue as normal!

--------------------

Yoritomo Susumu and Horiuchi Sayoko would stand apart from another. Susumu would glare at Sayoko, calling out to her, "I'm not frightened of you, you little pissant! You'll be bleeding on the ground before you can even swing that fancy hammer of yours!" the Mantis would call out to her, tightly gripping his paired kama.

Sayoko would simply wait, in silence. Which only pissed Susumu off only more.

Round 1

Unfortunately for the Mantis, however, the Unicorn Bushi would win initiative. She would remain motionless, however, merely focusing on the Mantis.

"What, is this one of those honorable misconceptions of yours? Let me show you exactly what I think of your honor, Unicorn!" Susumu would announce, charging her for a full attack. {21 vs her TN... miss...} His attempt to use the Free Raises to butcher the Unicorn blew up in his face, and unfortunately for him, it probably wouldn't be the last thing to do so.

Round 2

With the Mantis right in front of him, Sayoko would raise her Dai Tsuchi upward, the head of the massive hammer eclipsing the sun from her opponent's perspective. On Full Attack herself, she would even raise twice, getting a total net of 9 raises dedicated to damage, before she laid into the Mantis {38 vs TN 24}.

With a crunch that probably echoed more loudly than Hida Hogai's headbutt, the Unicorn woman crunches the Mantis, Yoritomo Susumu, beneath the full brunt of her hammer blow; he is knocked prone and skids about 10 feet through the dirt, ending at the feet of several bushi. It looked like every single rib was broken, and he was bleeding profusely. Sayoko would simply turn and walk away once more. {56 out of 57 of Susumu's wounds}.

Shugenja and servants would all rush to the Mantis to see if he was alive, while several bushi backed the hell away.

Winner: Horiuchi Sayoko

--------------------

After the repercussions of a second rather brutal victory on her behalf, Kaiu Kagae would be next up to fight. Isawa Sosuke would look at his opponent with uncertain eyes, glancing repeatidly at the recently made trench.

"As much as I would relish an opportunity to engage such a skillful craftsman in battle... I've recently become indecisive about how badly I desire victory," he would mention rather casually to Kagae. He seemed more interested in learning how the Crab felt about recent revelations than starting the match.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 5, 8, 7 Total: 30 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:00 pm
@ Go Competition:
Rain Yupa
It wouldn't take very long before the Asako caught on to Kyumi's little game. Er, no pun intended.

"Don't think this will be an easy victory for you. I've read many pieces of literature about tactics and strategies in these games. My knowledge on the matter is quite extensive."

Sumi would play almost as if reciting a poem that she had memorized, knowing exactly where she would want each piece to go... and what would be best to counter Kyumi's aggressive moves with some of her own. {Games: Go check of 23 vs TN 20}

Kyumi didn't answer, focusing entirely on the board, and quickly becoming a little frustrated. Perhaps her "cunning strategy" wasn't as cunning as she thought... For every move she made, the the Pheonix countered her easily enough. Without realizing it, she puffed out her cheeks ever so slightly; not enough that everyone might notice, but... Someone who knew her well enough would recognize it for what what it was.

She continued on, trying to snatch what territory she could, and did her best to try to keep the littler areas of the board that she managed to grab.

((4k3; 30 vs TN 10; sweatdrop Apparently I put down the wrong TN.))  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:06 am
Wincing slightly as the healing magic done its work he replied to Kaori, "Sorry but I live quite a sheltered life and though I can expect all clanmates to be able to stand their own on the wall I did not think that you would choose to partake in the martials. Pardon me if I have offended you..."

Kagae was blushing from shame and from the contact of a female he hoped she would not notice and thought that he was blushing from shame.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:16 am
With Sozen not wanting to talk, the Crane went back to watch the duels, in particular the first. It was a crushing victory, but an interesting one.

"Horiuchi Sayoko. Interesting. If I face you, I'll have to have a way to beat that hammer."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:37 am
"She is rather lethal, isn't she?" Kojiro commented to the Crane observing the duels. "I would not worry too much about her right now. Nothing good ever comes from planning for the wrong battle."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:38 am
"Yes, I might have to cut through you or him." The last word had a hint of venom, obviously due to the Crane and the other's houses.  
Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 8, 5, 9, 9 Total: 40 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:52 am
"Him? Who him?" Kojiro turned his attention to the object of Zanzen's glare. "Oh! He...HIM" The Scorpion let out an exasperated sigh. "What a way to prove the Bayushi school's ability. I have yet to fight a samurai who is whole." Kojiro will shrug while trying to keep track of Horiuchi Sayako.

OOC: Investigation (3k2 result=17) roll if needed Last two are exploding dice.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:30 am
@ Go Competition:

Sumi would smirk at the sudden bout of silent treatment. It wasn't often she had the upper hand on someone like this. Coming to this tournament was a good idea after all.

She would slide her glasses up the bridge of her nose again, and confident of the moves she's made so far, suddenly and unexpectedly moved to conquer Kyumi's territories, overtaking white with black. {Games: Go check with 1 raise, 24 vs TN 20}

Kyumi, your TN is 20 for your next roll!  
Mongooseh rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 6 Total: 20 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:32 am
Kagae once again dressed himself after Kaori had healed him to make himself more presentable to the new person.

"Thanks for the aid Kaori-san..." thanked Kagae as he turned to talk to the phoenix.

"Well... I do not enjoy battle it is just that this was the only thing today that I'd be good at..." replied Kagae as he approached his opponent, "though I might aswell try where others have failed..."

With this he presented his katana and bowed to Isawa Sosuke.

(3k2 initiative Ill keep all three dice to account for the exploding so initiative 20.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:52 am
@ Martial Duel:

The Phoenix bushi would nod his head. "Very well. The Kaiu are known for their great smithing abilities. If you are the hammer, I will be your anvil. Let us see what we create, noble Crab!" Taking the basic attack stance, Sosuke would swing his nagamaki around, balancing it over his shoulders.

{Initiative of 15}

Kagae, you have initiative!  
Mongooseh rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:56 am
Kagae nodded back and drew his katana taking a full defensive stance.

"Lets see how well your fire heats my blade phoenix."

(Current tnbh is 35)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 6 Total: 16 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:00 pm
Rolling d10's because of stupidity.  
Mongooseh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:01 pm
Exploding dice.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:07 pm
@ Martial Duel:

Sosuke would furrow his brow, tightening his grip upon the handle of his nagamaki. "Ready or not, here I come!" he would announce, stepping confidently forward and slashing his nagamaki down upon the Kaiu's position! {Spears roll of 23 vs TN 35, miss}

The blade of the weapon would spark as it grazed off of the Crab's heavy armor, causing not even a single wound!

Kagae, you're up!  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games