Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:04 am
User Image
Echo is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish at the Libraryspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Pieraspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Amusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'She has a point...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
When they take us up and throw us with the lobsters out to sea. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
════════════════════════════════════════════════

Echo sat next to Piera, his brow wrinkled. He bit his lip, considering. "I could try... although I'm not sure how good of a tutor I'd be. I mean, I figured out the match to needle thing alright, but it took a while." Of course, that might have been because he'd been trying, very unsuccessfully, to use the equation... without knowing how to even begin doing so. After a while, he'd given up and used his sister's method, the one he thought was taught more traditionally. He'd cleared his thoughts, concentrated, and visualized the transformation. That hadn't worked perfectly at first, but it'd gotten results eventually, unlike the equation. He totally understood not wanting to ask Gypsy, though. She had a big personality, and could be really intimidating. Honestly, he hated asking her for help because she was his sister... and she was incredibly abrasive at times. So he'd try to help Piera... if he really had to, he might ask Gypsy to help him, and then relay what she taught him to his friend.

When Kas joined them, his brow crinkled in confusion. The normally zen redhead seemed rather flustered. When he apologized for being late, Echo assumed that he must have been planning on meeting Piera. He chuckled a bit at the blonde scolding Kas. It was like she was mothering him.
                                                          "Well, if you guys had plans, I don't want to interrupt. I was just going to read. I'll leave you guys to it." Echo would really prefer to join them, honestly, but he also didn't want to intrude. He'd approached Piera because she'd seemed flustered; now he knew why. But if Kas was going to help her, there was no sense in him getting in the way. He did wonder what had made Kas 'late' to the meeting, though, since Echo'd pegged him as the sort to be very punctual.

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ But the snail replied, "Too far, too far," and gave a look askance,
                                                          Said he thanked the whiting kindly but he would not join the dance. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Right.

Well.

Resisting the urge to slump down on the table in humiliation and despair when he realized he just might have given himself away, the redhead forced himself to sit up properly as Piera reprimanded him on his rather hasty way of showing up to the study date and breathed evenly through his nose. Asthma? Said nose crinkled. "I don't get asthma, Piera," Kas replied distractedly, trying to get his breathing back to normal. He would admit, he might have been just a bit out of shape since the summer before, Jaime had been in Cairo and he no longer had to engage in mad running sprees to indulge himself with the food at home.

He would have to remedy that, this was embarrassing. Even Echo was finding the situation amusing- - - of course he was, he was chuckling!

"I lost track of time," the redhead finally admitted. "It's a gift. I was a bit distracted and I thought I had spent far more time than I did in the kitchens." Fighting back a blush, and succeeding, dammit, he would not allow anything else, he realized he had just his guilty pleasure- - - sort of, anyway- - - to both the people he was with. Drawing away the attention from himself, the redhead turned it on Echo, who had announced his intentions to leave and pointed imperiously to the empty seat at the table.

"Not interrupting. Like we'd have you turning into a social hermit on us. Take a seat, you'll probably end up helping both of us with this since it's Transfiguration," he said, crinkling his nose at the subject. Smiling at them both, he continued. "Indulge my lack of motivation at the moment. Transfiguration will never top a trip to the kitchens."

Piera Touko

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:45 pm
User Image

Muggleborn // Single

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Darren nodded, knowing the feeling. He wasn't sure how the muggleborns could keep up with everything. He had an older sister in school and didn't understand anything, "Ah, well, you're not alone there. I'm muggleborn as well, I was struggling last. I even skipped classes to have time to make up homework that I had fallen asleep doing the night before," Darren frowned and set his own textbook on the table and looked at Ashley, "Do you need help? I'll see if I remember anything."

User Image

Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:17 pm
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————User Image
    .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
    яανєи¢ℓαω нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ 1ѕт уєαя

oooPiera listened as Echo explained that he wasn't sure if he would be a very good tutor but pouted when he said that he could still turn the match into a needle. "I couldn't even do that... I kind of made the match stick needle shaped though..." She just couldn't understand how the magic was changing the very nature of an object the idea was so foreign to her even though she spent most of her free time reading about such fantastic feats.

Looking back at Kas as he stated that he couldn't get asthma she frowned and glared at him in a way very similar to her mother's and said pointedly,
                          "You could get it though. Better safe than sorry." As he said that he lost track of time, Piera regained her smile and shrugged good-naturedly, not the least bit annoyed at him for it.

When Echo said that he didn't want to interrupt them, the Ravenclaw girl shook her head, making her braids flail as she did so. She was about to speak but Kas took the words right out of her mouth and she giggled before she became momentarily distracted
                          "Wait you were in the kitchens? You can go there? I mean...yes, transfiguration...wheee... C'mon Echo, we're desperate!" She looked back at Echo as she brought up, "So you said that we don't really need the equation? How did you get the matchstick to morph or transfigure then?" Piera really did want to get better even though she didn't particularly like the subject.

σut σf cαndу:ooThe Blue Trio~

ωhεɾε Library, Study Area. oooo ωσи∂єяιиg How does Transfiguration work? oooo ωเtђ Kas and Echo. oooo wєαríng Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.

Greycast

Cara MiaKitty

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
    • Forum Regular 100
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Friendly 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:12 am
    User Image
    CURRENTLY WITH // Piera and Kasspacesp

Echo laughed a bit at Kas speaking of the lure of the kitchens. He didn't know much about the kitchens at the school, except that they were staffed by House-Elves who were amazing at their job. When both Piera and Kas requested that he stay with them, he smiled, flushing. "Sure, I'll try to help. It's not... I'm not sure how much of a help I'll be, but I'll try." He set his book down on the table. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde would have to wait.

When Piera asked about not using the equation, he smiled. At least he knew the answer to that question.
                                                            "I think the equation is actually a new convention. I'd never heard of it before this week's lesson. I was always taught that the way to do it was to clear your head, focus, and just... sort of... picture the transformation happening. Like, get a really clear picture of it in your head. And then perform the spell. It can take a while to get it right." He shrugged. "Transfiguration is supposed to be the hardest branch of magic. So if it's not easy at first, it's no big deal." He didn't want Piera to feel self-conscious if she couldn't get it just right. Or Kas, for that matter. He'd barely figured it out himself, and he'd grown up in a house with two people who made it look like a walk in the park. Of course, that didn't mean it would be easy for him, either, but he at least didn't have the bias of thinking it was some impossible thing like some did.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:46 am
    User Image
    Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                                All these distractions
                                                                Our futures coming soon
                                                                We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                                But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Mischievous
                                                                Thinking : And maybe I'll help her there... if I can
                                                                Doing : Escaping Reality
                                                                Where : Study Area in the Library
                                                                With : Lyre

XXXXXXX Her curious gaze made Xavier bite his lower lip. Surely, someday—which he think is soon—he’ll tell her about his mom. No more… secrets. And at her widened eyes, he just kissed her head lightly. And he grinned again as she blushed. And continued to blush. And more blush. She’s so cute… he thought as she scuttled off to continue to work on the scarf. ”And well, from the looks of it, the colors are definitely not for the house of bronze and blue.” He stifled a proud grin. And she even thought to avoid that kind of question when he’s around. Acting like he was oblivious, he tilted his head to one side then asked, ”So… who is this lucky lion that managed to get the beautiful Miss Lutrix to make a scarf for?” He grinned again, this time chuckling playfully.

Then, a couple of students walked in. He shifted his place and turned the chair to the table then randomly opened the book somewhere in the middle. He raised the book to cover his mouth and leaned closer to Lyre. ”Wanna escape this place?” He grinned at her, blue eyes twinkling. But before she even got the chance to answer, Xavier stood up, returned the book to wherever he took it, ran back to the table where Lyre was, kissed her cheek, then took her knitting materials. Another playful grin twitched on his lips as he tugged Lyre gently by the wrist, then pulled her up. The same gentleness as before. He returned her seat properly back to the table and, clutching her materials, ran outside.

”Let’s have a little ‘date’ shall we? Just by the Clock Tower Courtyard.”

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                                It doesn't matter where we are
                                                                It'll be alright
                                                                Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ: *Exit to Clock Tower Courtyard*

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                                There's nothing we can do
                                                                Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                                No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                                You know its true,
                                                                I just wanna be with you

Miss GryffindorK

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Flatterer 200
    • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
    Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
    • Gifting Gone Wild 250
    • Autobiographer 200
    • Pet Lover 100
    PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:32 am
    User Image
    User Image
    User Image

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
    You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
    May you never take one single breath for granted
    God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
    I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
    Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
    Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
    And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I Hope You Dance

Lyre blushed at the boy's question about her choice in yarn colors. He asked who the lucky Lion was and she gave a silly grin. "W-well, my mummy already made me a scarf, so... so I don't need one, but I thought... maybe you would need one, so I...." She shrugged a bit, then went back to attempting to loop thread.

Violet eyes glanced up when Xavier asked about escaping this place. Lyre looked around, completely confused, before settling her gaze upon him again. "Wha-?" Before she was finished, he darted off, leaving the girl completely bewildered to his actions. He returned and kissed her cheek, causing color to rise, then the boy began grabbing her things from the table. "Xavier! What are you doing?!" She was really lucky her voice was naturally quiet. She didn't want to get in trouble in her favorite place. He grabbed her wrist and tugged on it, pulling the girl to her feet. He invited her on a date at the Clock Tower Courtyard, and with a small nod, she accepted. The boy began to run outside, leaving the clumsy girl to try and do the same, despite repeated trip-ups she seemed to be having.

IceGrayWolf

{OoC: Exit to Clock Tower Courtyard}

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
    Never settle for the path of least resistance
    Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin'
    Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin'
    Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
    When you come close to sellin' out reconsider
    Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
    And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:53 am
    User Image

David Sinclair League
    [Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
    Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
    Current Age: 11
    Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
    Year at Hogwarts: First Year
    Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

I go to the library to avoid my housemates and... oh yeah, we're Ravenclaws...

David had gone to the library to study, to engross himself in his textbooks and readings, to ignore his classmates and forget about the fact his housemates were still apparently not talking to him. And then there was the fact in potions he had gotten in trouble by arguing with the annoying Gryffindor who had to question everything but had nothing to back up his questions.

David was walking down the study area and glanced up when he noticed his classmated Piera, Kas, and Echo studying together. He frowned and glanced away towards the ground and took a seat several spaces down and pulled out his book. He didn't know how to deal with the situation-if they had approached him he knew he would apologize but they seemed happy enough without him around and he wasn't going to invade that bubble. Pulling out his potions textbook and the notes he had made in class and over the summer he began to study.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
    • Deal Me In 50
    • Married 100
    • Person of Interest 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
    • Conversationalist 100
    • Contributor 150
    • Peoplewatcher 100
    PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:42 am

Rolling his eyes good-naturedly, the redhead leaned forward and rested his head on his folded arms. "Relax, Pie. I'm fine, I promise," he said, burying his face in his hands for a moment before nodding at Piera's inquiry about the kitchens. A nap would be amazing, after food that good.

Except then he'd get fat.

Nevermind, then.

Listening to the conversation from the table- - - he had given in and lost the dignified position and was now resting his head on his forearms on the table- - - Kas decided to put in his own two cents. He had managed to transform the matchstick, but he was sure it had been more fluke than him really concentrating, since he distinctly remembered being in a mental slump at the time. Putting in his own two cents, he spoke up. "The equation's more of a breakdown of the whole thing. I think it's supposed to help us understand the mechanics better, but it depends," he sighed. He had needed to puzzle it out before he could actually understand the thing. "Basically, it's what constitutes for the spell, what affects its performance plus the element of magic needed to perform the spell."

"Never mind, that was a worse explanation, wasn't it?" He had understood the formula and even though Echo's advice about envisioning the transformation was probably easier, he was.... lazy. And he had already learned the formula, so it was that too. His faineance would have been his undoing, if he had had the opportunity to map out his life. He was simply disinclined. "Ignore me, I'll just listen," he said with a smile.

Piera Touko

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:07 pm
    Rawwry

Staring up at the midnight Sky.
    I wonder what it would be like to fly.
    As I soar past and it's a storm in my soul.
    Now I'm ready to let go. Now Let's go.
    Ready to live the Best Night Ever.
    Come with me and this will last forever.

User Image

Ash blinked as the older boy said how he was muggle born too. "Well then you get what I mean. All this stuff about magic and witchcraft. I thought they were stories and myths." he said shaking his head. "Now suddenly I'm slammed into a new world, and expected to leave my friends behind, and this place doesn't even know what football is." he said with a shocked tone. How the heck am I to make a life in a world like this? he thought.

Let Us Go: Library, study area :: Let's Forget the Pain: Bored :: Just us together: Darren :: Forever together Single ::

Now Lets Go. Let's Fly. Let's Soar.
    And forget the pain that was around.
    Just a view of the midnight sky.
    And a simple question of why.
    I set off and I fly.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
    • Battle: Cleric 100
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    • Flatterer 200
    PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:50 pm
    User Image

Muggleborn // Single

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Darren nodded again, sympathetically. "It is a very difficult transition. And I suppose it would be easier if you didn't fit in with muggles as much," The older boy mused. When Ash mentioned football, Darren perked up a bit, "Oh, I like football. I could play a game right about now," He said more to himself than to the boy in front of him. "Were you good? At football, I mean."

User Image

Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:17 pm
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————User Image
      .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
      яανєи¢ℓαω нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ 1ѕт уєαя

oooPiera smiled, glad that Echo was going to stay and help them figure out Transfiguration. She focused on the other Ravenclaw boy as he explained that the equation written in their Transfiguration textbook was relatively new and not quintessential to performing Transfiguration spells. But as he suggested a different way to help visualize the transformation occuring, the pigtailed girl frowned. She usually had a pretty good imagination since she was reading all the time. But that was with the aid of words to pain the picture for her. She didn't even know where to begin in trying to visualize a matchstick transforming into a needle.

Her mind was still in a mostly muggle mindset and she was still trying to wrap her head around the impossibility of magic changing the very nature of an object. She wasn't sure what a wood molecule or a metal molecule looked like so visualizing that wouldn't help. Maybe go more simple? Gah her head was starting to hurt.... She frowned and didn't feel much better when Echo assured them that Transfiguration was the hardest branch of magic.

Holding her head in her hands, Piera tilted her head to glance at Kas, who was now in a more relaxed position as he said that the equation was a breakdown of how the spell worked. Looking over said formula in thought, the Ravenclaw girl said,
                            "I think that the equation would help...but I'm terrible at math. It looks just like algebra to me and I never even got that far in school..."

Piera pouted when Kas said that he would just listen since he was just making it more confusing. "Nooo. I need help! Maybe if you guys can walk me through the formula that will help. Usually talking through math problems helps me more. Then I can get a better visual! We can practice the spell in here, right?" The young witch wasn't sure if magic was allowed in the library, but hoped to see if she could manage the spell after she went over things.

As she looked back at Echo, she saw another Ravenclaw first year enter the study area and watched him sit down out of the corner of her eye. She gave a tentative wave with a friendly smile. She almost wanted to invite him over to sit with them, but wasn't sure if that would hurt rather than help. Did Kas hate David now or was their argument a one time thing?

σut σf cαndу:ooThe Blue Trio~

ωhεɾε Library, Study Area. oooo ωσи∂єяιиg How does Transfiguration work? oooo ωเtђ Kas and Echo. oooo wєαríng Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.

Greycast

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
      • Forum Regular 100
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Friendly 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
      • Deal Me In 50
      • Married 100
      • Person of Interest 200
      PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:33 pm
      User Image

David Sinclair League
      [Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
      Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
      Current Age: 11
      Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
      Year at Hogwarts: First Year
      Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

Alright... I'm just confused.

David noticed movement out of the corner of his eye as he glanced over his notes and looked up to see Piera give him a tentative wave and a smile. His first thought was: What the Hell is that supposed to mean? Then, he thought for a moment and decided to do what his mother would do, she had her faults but she was good at handling people... scary good, actually.

He gave Piera a small smile and gave her a polite nod. He thought about merely returning to his Potions studying but he had heard them discussing Transfiguration, and he knew he had his notes from the summer with him on that. Would it be rude to offer them to her as secondary or tertiary help?

He ducked down dug in his bag and pulled out a stack of notes written in neat print on transfiguration, evaluating the formula. He set them between him and Piera and the group and returned to his Potions textbook and notes. It was up to them if they wanted to accept his help or not.

Piera Touko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:53 pm
      User Image
      CURRENTLY WITH // Pieraspacesp

Echo frowned when Piera started asking about walking her through the equation. He was no good at math. He never had been able to really follow it. He was more of a literature kind of kid. Fiction. History was cool, too, since it was mostly storytelling. But math was not his forte. He blanched a bit. She was expecting him to be able to help, and Kas had made it sound as though he didn't think he'd be much help, either... which left Echo with a question he had no idea how to answer. His hand went to his head, scratching gently. "If... if you want to be walked through the equation, I'm no help. I'm awful at it. Math, I mean. I've got no idea. I read the chapter in the book over and over and... I just.. can't quite wrap my head around it." He sighed. Wow, that was helpful. He shrugged, trying to think of something he could do. "If you're set on the equation, I'm not going to be any help... I can maybe walk you through the visualization method, maybe I could treat it like a guided meditation or something. But I have no idea how to work that equation." Echo chalked it up to his fundamental misunderstanding of math. Math was supposed to deal with defined principles, factors and values that were set out. It was used to determine amounts of space and quantities and things. So, he wasn't entirely sure how exactly to apply it to something subjective. How was one supposed to apply a numerical value to how well a word was pronounced, or how much a person wanted something to work? It just didn't make sense to him... if the book had provided values, perhaps he could understand, but it hadn't, and so he was lost.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
      • Demonic Associate 100
      • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
      Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
      • Bunny Spotter 50
      • Waffles! 25
      • Team Jacob 100
      PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:46 pm
      User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Library: Study Area

Chloe came to the library in hopes that she could get some studying done for her OWLs. She was currently looking over potions since it was the one she was currently worried about. She had to pass potions it was a very important class to her. Looking through her notes Chloe overheard a group of Ravenclaws talking about Transfigurations? They were first years from what she could tell. 'Maybe I could help...' she thought before remembering what house they were in. 'Then again they probably won't need it...'

With: Other students...

Wearing: Blue and Red study outfit

OOC: ---  
      The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out