Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How old were you when you knew you were Different? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 am
Very young. I used to crush on the Chip teapot from Beauty and the Beast, hahaha....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:26 pm
Young.

I remember having a crush on my then best friend, but at the time I didn't know about sexualities and such. I just knew I enjoyed his company a lot.

It was only when I realised I had very little to no interest in girls that I wondered what was "wrong" with me.
Obviously now, I see there's nothing wrong with me but at the time the guy friends I had all liked girls and I was the only one that I knew of who didn't.

Anyway, in answer to your question I was young.  

G l2 4 V 3

Newbie Member

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aexi

Girl-Crazy Fatcat

6,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:08 am
When I was 11 I was bisexual since I liked girls and boys at the time then I started liking girls more and more and by 12 I came out to myself that I was a lesbian.
Now, I'm going to be 15 soon and I am out to everyone in my school and most of my family (:  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:32 am
In Junior High. Whatever age that was. I dunno. Girls I knew started talking about guys and dating at that point and I just thought, "why the ******** would you do that?". I didn't understand why everyone was suddenly so interested in guys. So for a while I just went along with it and commented on how hot some guy was because I just figured if I acted like I knew what the hell was going on I'd get it eventually. Which y'know, worked terribly. In high school I finally figured out what was going on with me and came out as a lesbian. And I felt so much better.

Of course in college I had the realization that maybe some guys are kind of alright. And then I crushed so hard on a guy. Who was really incredibly gay. But whatever. So I finally figured out that while yeah I really really like other girls, I'm not opposed to men either or anyone else. I like who I like and ******** their gender.  

Anja Sedai

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150

liveXdarkheartXevil

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

8,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:00 am
Middle school! I was (and still am) very sheltered from the world, and when I was younger, I never really noticed people in the crush/romantic type. Anyhow, when I was in eighth grade, I started noticing the people around me in the romantic context - I thought I was heterosexual since that was the norm.

Although I thought the "straight business" was a done deal, I was struggling to explain why labeling myself as "straight" felt weird... It dawned on me one year later when I noticed that I had crushes on females too.

So yea. When did I know for sure? Just last year when I was fourteen! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:09 pm
When I was really little, like maybe 8 years ago, (I'm 17 currently), I got my best friend who I have had in my life for 8 years. We are still friends, and she was my first crush. Well, girl crush. We were both being raised as straight Christians, but we knew we liked each other. I've known since then that I liked girls, and tried to deny that I even looked at another girl that way. I finally admitted to myself, and anybody who asked, that I am a lesbian, and proud, when I was 15 or 16. But I've known secretly deep down inside for about almost all my life really.

PandaCub3

Romantic Pirate

Wormmon

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm
Around age 14 is when I noticed something was different. It wasn't until I was 18 that I understood a bit more with what that something was. And even now at age 23, I feel like I'm still a little confused about myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:29 am
I knew I was different by about 7th or 8th grade, but didn't fully realize what was different until freshman year in high school... 3nodding
In a way, in 8th grade I kinda tried to deny to myself that I was different

KChan_Nihon

CrazyKidd22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:40 pm
even with all the crossdressing and girly things i did i didnt feel that diffrent but about a few years i had a dream and i thought i might have been gay but then i crushed on a girl so i knew that wasnt true so i thought i was bi but i never really looked for guys so at 23 i figured out that i was pansexual just cause the idea of being with a guy or a girl didnt bother me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 am
I was in 7th grade, I think.
I had been best friends with a girl that had moved into my neighborhood. I hd loved her as a best friend but then I started to realize it was a bit more than that. One day, I had went over to her house and she just kissed me. I didn't mind it and I kised back. And it was at that exact moment that I knew I was bi. I currently have a boyfriend and don't lust after any girls, or guys for that matter. But, I do still find women sexually attractive.  

GrimeasaurusRex_

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Jaxinc

Business Browser

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 am
At some point in my teens, probably 15 or 16 when i realized I had zero interest in either gender.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:19 am
Rose Calvert
how old were you, and how did u come to realise that you were Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Or trans-sexual, or anything else.

Twelve or thirteen. I always knew I was different from everyone else, though. Always have been...  

isoldevonderwiese

Interesting Capitalist

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Hugel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:38 pm
I'm a 23 female and I still don't know what I am. I just know I don't see men as romantic partners, but at the same time I don't see myself with a woman either, even though women in gentlemen's cloths really gets my heart pounding.

And yet... almost every week I desire snuggling, I get lonely.
I think asexual fits, but I'm not entirely sure.

Though I have to say when I was about 16 I figured out that I just didn't see what my girlfriends saw when they were gushing over guys. Or what people said when girls were "hot". Every answer to "hot or not?" was... "eh... they're ok, I guess."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:44 pm
11 years of age C:
But i didn't accept it till i was 13  

-kakashiandyaoi-

Sweet Man-Lover

Raeiko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:29 pm
ever since I can remember I can blame SailorMoon for that I always thought the sailor scouts were hot but I was in denial till about 12 or 13 when two of my former close friends who I had a crush on cameout and then I sat there trying to make sense of it all then i was lost deep in thought when i came to i realized I liked girls allot! emotion_jawdrop emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart but I was bi then. Ive had 6 boyfriends growing up and all of them horrible I was repulsed by there slightest touch, but as I got older I started to like girls more and more now I believe I am a lesbian and I believe I have been since the age of 14 I am 20 years old now ,and some guys I may be like oh they have a nice bod but I would never touch I go crazy over girls I love them and it just feels right being with one. emotion_yatta  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff