Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:15 pm
((Glomps the Beautimous & Prettiful Icy))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:27 am
I've come to realize that the story itself likely will not be started on December 1st for the following reasons:

-It might actually take a few days to get a final outline done and approved by the players.

-I just realized yesterday that Ayami/Leko is out of town for an amount of time I am not privy to and I don't know if her recent withdraw from the roleplay includes the Wonderland Project.

-I don't know if Kai is still interested in participating, and if he isn't, I'll be hard pressed to find an adequate replacement for Hatter. emotion_facepalm

Edit: well, the last one is resolved at least. I think I might continue with the outline under the assumption Ayami/Leko might still want to be a part of it, and if not, just tweak it to take her characters out.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:38 pm
Here are the results~

Major Roles

Alice - Miro
The White Rabbit - Draa
The Cheshire Cat - Kits
The Mad Hatter - Kai
The Queen of Hearts - Psyzapp-d
The Jabberwocky - Velcore

Minor Roles

The Caterpillar - Leko
The Duchess - me whee
The White Knight - Vassnta
The March Hare - Kaori
The Dormouse - Anira
The Tweedles - Karrie and Mitri
The White Queen - Ayami
The Red Queen - katana
The Knave of Hearts - Tes
The King of Hearts - Mr. Giovanni

Additional Roles not on the Ballot

The Snow White Queen - Icy Reign whee
The Joker - Tauschung {his role will be explained later}

If enough people are curious enough to see the exact numbers, I will save the ballots for a while longer so they can be posted. Rilu'oh, I do naut want to hear any drama queening over the numbers if they are posted talk2hand

There is one role that received an equal number of [yes] and [no] votes {if you count the director's personal vote}, which would be dame as the Duchess' "Babe". Because the director sees no actual use for this role, it was left out of the final role call. If fair dame still wishes to play the part, she can, rilu'oh a new character description from the director will be given rather than it being played as it was posted.

One terini'nestg suggestion that came in was Vassnta to be the White King to Ayami's White Queen, jhal that can be discussed after it is determined if jallil will be participating sweatdrop

For those whose roles were cut due to too many [no] votes or not enough [yes] votes, be sure to post that you still want to be a part of the project and a role will be found/created for you. Also, if you have another character you wish to have be a part of the project, be sure to speak up. On another note, the director is giving the Queens free reign to assign whomever they wish {who does naut already have a role} to be a part of their entourage {servants, guards, cooks, etc.} without needing approval from the director.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the outline, the current plan for the story is as follows:

Wonderland is divided into two main territories: Red and White. These two territories are further split into the following subdivisions: diamonds, hearts, clubs, and spades. The Red territory is ruled by the Queen of Diamonds {katana} and the Queen of Hearts {jabbress} while the White territory is ruled by the Queen of Clubs {jallil} and the Queen of Spades {Icy}. {On a personal note, judging from Icy's tryout, I think Constantine would make an excellent Ace of Spades wink }

The story will basically be centered around Alice and her journey through Wonderland as she attempts to find The White Rabbit, who she always seems to be just a few steps behind from.

What will effect the finer details of the outline is which queen each character is loyal to. So the next step I would like from the players is an indication of your loyalty. Your character can also be neutral or a rebel of the entire system. If for whatever reason you wish for your loyalty to remain a secret that will be revealed within the story instead of upfront, at the ves least it will be needed to know in which territory your character resides {or if they wander}.

For instance, myself and my close associates are as follows:

-I will reside in Red territory and am completely loyal to The Queen of Hearts.
-Quortek resides in Red territory {the Queen of Hearts' castle in fact}, jhal is actually neutral.
-Draa... same as Quortek
-Vassnta resides in White territory and is loyal to The Queen of Clubs
-Tauschung wanders all of Wonderland and has no loyalty whatsoever.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:25 pm
Also, there are two different ways I came up with that this can be played out and would like input on which the players would prefer.

The first would be simply playing out the story as we would normally play out anything else, assuming this is all some alternate reality or mass hallucination with absolutely no solid ties to Geezerville as we know it.

The second way would be for this to be played out like a movie shoot, perhaps some kind of financial endeavor Psy decided to throw money at. All the "special effects" would be accomplished via Liada's potions and magic users. This method will be a bit more random as you'll have the added factors of actors butting into scenes they don't belong in, incompetent film crew, and the director being an a*****e and telling you to redo scenes if he doesn't like them emotion_awesome This one could be very loosely tied with Geezerville, but being that it's not on the same timeline as Geezerville's "real time", that could create some problems.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:28 pm
Kits will live in Red territory mostly, but wanders sometimes and is permamently loyal to nobody. (feral cat cat_xd )

Karrie and Mitri will live in White territory and be loyal to the Queen of Clubs.

Velcore lives in Red territory, loyalty unknown.

Both ways of playing it out would be fun, but I think doing it as a movie might give us more freedom. As for tying it in, movie shoots can take a long time, and we would go on with our lives as normal in the meantime. After a scene is completed, it could be discussed in the "real time" Geezerville.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:44 pm
Awesome xd I actually intended to, but forgot emotion_facepalm , that I was going to exclude you from the choice of residency for Velcore or loyalty for the cheshire cat, but you ended up choosing what I was going to dictate so it works out anyway emotion_awesome

I don't at the moment have any specific plans for the Cheshire cat, but it's feline nature to be whimsy, and my intention for Velcore is for him to be somewhat of a pet to the Queen of Hearts.... of course, that doesn't necessarily mean he's loyal.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:56 pm
*Narrows eyes to see who's loyal.* User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 pm
cat_xd Well, good to know I had the right idea, then.

I realized that "permanently loyal" could be a bit confusing. By that, I mean that you can temporarily win Cheshire's loyalty, but she may change her mind.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 pm
Updated the poll and the first post  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:10 pm
Kits Rose
I realized that "permanently loyal" could be a bit confusing. By that, I mean that you can temporarily win Cheshire's loyalty, but she may change her mind.
I kind of figured that's what it meant {and is what I would have suggested ninja }, so I put Kits in the "questionable" category since it's not exactly neutral.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:18 pm
neutral ... My loyalties lay only with that of my Queen. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 pm
But there's four Queens!
Is that to say you still want in on the project? Because if so, I already have a role in mind for you.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:36 pm
Apparently the heart wasn't clear enough for you? We all know that I am loyal to only one Queen. heart

And to answer your question ... Yes. What did you have in mind?
neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:09 pm
It was a joke neutral

Anyhow... Red Knight was my plan.

In the scenario that we were playing it out as a movie shoot, Dougherty was given a more minor role due to casting not feeling he was photogenic enough and you can do all the jealousy of not getting to be king to your queen that I'm sure will come naturally.

The Red Knight has long served the Queen of Hearts faithfully, going above and beyond the line of duty to try to earn the Queen of Hearts'... heart. So you can imagine his feeling of being slighted when the queen is instead married off to someone else who, in the Knight's point of view, did nothing but coincidentally be born into the right family.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:20 pm
Sorry, I can on rare occasion be a little slow in the joke dep't. sweatdrop

So, Red Knight ... In other words, pretty much the opposite of what Cop is going through now. In short, putting him into Giovani's shoes, so to speak. Needless to say, this would be a very challenging role for him to play.
stressed

Just to clarify, this is for the Queen of Hearts, right? sweatdrop

edited

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out