Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[ CLASS ] Far From Home, and Left Behind (Gym + Trip) Fin 19 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 pm
Julian hadn’t known that Kumiho started off as foxes, too. He smiled and ran a hand through his hair. He couldn’t even think about them growing up and meeting boils, it was just too far ahead. Besides, there was no telling what he’d be like when they got that old. For all he knew, he’d turn out like Andor and be serious and mildly grumpy all the time.

He nodded when she said that they could protect each other, was going to say something about it, but his attention was turned when Red spoke. What had they written wrong on the form? Had he been one of the ones who… Nah, it didn’t really matter much. What mattered was going through with this, getting what was needed and…

And he watched as classmate after classmate stood and volunteered to join on the rescue mission for Jericho. Could he do that? He’d just gotten back, he was terrified of the insanity, of losing his friends, of losing his mind… And yet how could he just leave someone to deal with it? He was a second-year, most of them were third-years. He wasn’t cut out for this, he wasn’t ready… And yet…

Julian squeezed Lumi’s had and stood, moving closer to their teacher.
"I want to help in any way I can, Professor. For this, and for getting Jericho back… if you think I’d be of use." He wasn’t sure how useful he’d really be in the end, but… he’d try, if she needed him. A part of him hoped that after this trip to Christmas, she’d tell him to stay behind, but he knew deep down that he needed to try. He was no good to anyone if he didn’t try.

Wyntre IceBlade

Marushii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 pm
Lumikki ears twitched, she might need to go get stuff. Feeling Julian move she watched closely as he walked up to the professor. Oh jack this wasn't going to end well. Whimpering she pushed herself up and decided to leave really quick.

Coming back with jeans, her scarf, a fluffy jacket and her pouch that held her first aid kit. She walked up a little more confident.

"I...I'm willing to help. I'm not sure if I'll be of good use but."

She held her first aid kit closer before squeezing Julian's hand thinking he's going to get an earful.

Reeshie Hack

Marushii

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm
Alexander had handed in his form hesitantly, staring down at the words that he had written and wondering if it might have been best to just lie. He wanted to speak to Red, but he didn't know what to say, and so he kept his mouth closed for now as he shuffled back to his seat, hands buried in his pockets and eye down cast before he collapsed back onto the bleachers and waited for everyone else to finish and for Red to let them know it was time to go.

Belladonna's arrival was met with a smile that didn't quite reach Alexander's eye. He was wearing the scarf he had gotten during spirit week, though it hung loose over his shoulders. Other then that he was dressed in his usual. Black pants rolled up to his knees, no shoes or socks, a red t-shirt fitted over top of a black, white and grey striped long sleeve shirt and a black and red patterned tie to top it all off. "I'll be fine. The cold doesn't bother me." He shrugged, then just shook his head silently at the mention of first aid kits. His was back in his room, in his backpack which he hadn't thought to bring. All he had on him currently was his phone and the candy cane he'd procured from Christmasland upon his last visit.

It was the thick tearing sound of several sheets of paper being ripped apart at once that had Alexander staring back towards Professor Red once more. Her words broached no nonsense, and the zomboil winced inwardly at her sudden abrasiveness. Sophie's question had not gone unnoticed, but at the moment he just didn't know how to answer her. They still needed to sit her down and give her the facts, but so far time had not really been on their side. So for now it would go unanswered, until he could explain to her better what kind of death Red was speaking of.

Alex caught Mort's eye when the zomboil gave them each a look just before he rose from his seat. Automatically, Alexander also rose, but then stood and watched as his friend made his way, spanning the distance between where they sat and where Red stood. And then he followed, because that's what Alexander did. He followed, and he offered help where he could, and if anybody was in need of help right now it was his zombro. He made his way up behind him, placed a hand on his shoulder, his own face set in grim determination even as he listened to the exchange of words between Mort and Red.

When they were finished, he added in for himself. "I'd like to volunteer as well, if I am allowed." His voice was soft and low, almost a growl but not quite, and the determination was there, in his tone and in his gaze and in the posture of his body. He had told Mort he was in this with him, that he would do whatever needed to be done to help him. "Please, Professor. You let us help before, you let me help before. I need to do this."

Marushii-
Aye Avast-
Ol-j-man-
LOLTERNATIVE-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:29 pm
Sophie flinched as the paper's were ripped and she suddenly looked very worried. Had she done something wrong? The last thing she wanted to do was to get on a Professor's bad side. The fact that Alex didn't answer her question was not lost to her. However, she simply believed he didn't know the answer or it was something that you didn't talk about. The ghoul didn't press the issue and she left it alone. It wasn't her place and unless she believed it was something that effected those she cared about, she wouldn't press the issue.

However, when both Alex and Mort stood up to volunteer, Sophie noticed the pleading in their voices. They weren't volunteering to help, she realised. They were volunteering for themselves. Something they needed.. She didn't know what but the ghoul stood up, jumped down the bleachers and stood next to her brother.

"I'd like to volunteer, too," she started. "You said healers would be useful. right? I've done First Aid and First Aid Basics with Cricket." She tapped the kit on her belt. "I'm only a beginner, but it's better than nothing."

Marushii

Seussi

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Alicia Firestar

Fluffy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:31 pm
Getting a clue from Lumikki, Millie remembered that Christmasland is cold.
She too dashed out towards her dorm room only to return decked out in a fluffy lavender hooded jacket, some legwarmers and a pair of black earmuffs.

"I'll go too." She stated as-a-matter-of-factually.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:40 pm
He frowned as Red ripped up their forms, but it was no more negative an expression than usual. No, he hadn't particularly been paying attention to the intricate details of their trip, but that didn't mean he wasn't enthusiastic and committed. All she had to do was point, and he would fight. It would have to be enough.

West sat silently as some of the others made more vocal promises to throw themselves under the train if the need arose. He still hoped to punch the train out of the way long before it came anywhere close to plowing him down.  

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:54 pm
Roch was looking at Red, still wondering if he was the one she wanted to throw--or if it was the new kids that had no clue who Jericho was, much less what insanity could do to you. He looked at Terra again, then at the rest of the group, listening as they naively threw their names into the pot.

And he sighed, feeling old. Idly he reached down, touching the kit he'd attached to his belt just to make sure it was still there. Then he reached out, summoning his weapon, flicking his thumb over the edge and nodding slightly.

They probably wouldn't have to fight many Christmas people. But they would have to fight Jericho. He had no doubts on that one.

Terra, on the other hand, was tucking her pants into her boots and pulling on her poncho and gloves and things. She wasn't going to freeze!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 pm
All attempts at coddling her undead went mostly ignored, which only made the witch huff a tiny bit. They'd regret it when they tromped through all that snow, got their fingers and toes frostbitten and would have to get new ones. But far be it from the witch to go about reminding them of that, so she only pulled out a scarf from one of her many pockets and carefully set about curling it around her own neck. Had Mort not given her a kiss and Alexander not looked prepared for the weather, she might have gone into full out pouting. But they were thankfully saved from such and once done with her scarf task, she produced another and took a step toward Sophie, well aware of how annoyingly motherly she was about to be, when the loud sound of ripped up papers distracted her.
Oh... Apparently her wish of a joyful day did not resonate with Red. How unfortunate. There was little to do but stare at the professor, a bit wide eyed and mildly frightened, as the woman shouted at them all. It would be a lie to say the witch had not treated her form as something simple, had not written on it with a careless hand and for that she felt sorry. For once she was not the first to be up and across the gym, but unwilling to be the last, Belladonna was up on her feet and clattering down the bleachers.
For a moment she paused to give Julian and the cute ghoul with him a friendly wave and a single finger that meant 'Just a moment'. Surely she would be back in a moment to speak further with them. But for now, she had something else to do.

Finally the witch made it to the gym floor, where she clicked over to the professor and offered her a small smile.
"I apologize for my... Carefree manner of writing. I meant no harm, but am still sorry. I would hope you understand my want to help, but I know we are not close..." Way to make an understatement there, Belladonna. "So I shall make my intentions clear. I would like to volunteer and do my absolute best with this situation. I can heal quite well and you are already aware of my, ah... Willfulness in certain situations." Perhaps it was not the wisest course of action to speak so bluntly with Red, but Belladonna, however naively, believed she had this right. Already she'd exposed herself as both childish and willing to help, so why not just add a dash of boldness to that.
At least a sweet smile was tacked on and after she had said her peace, the witch dug around in her coat pockets and pulled out a fluffy, black scarf.
"And I am prepared as well!" Yes, that would definitely win her over to Red!

LOLTERNATIVE

Marushii

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 pm
Wings stiffening and fanning out, Marosa watched in awed horror as the Professor just ripped the stack of pages up as if they were nothing. He stared at her, idly wondering just what he did wrong, if anything. He'd listened, hadn't he?

Curbing his anger, Marosa scoffed to the side and simmered down, not really wishing to start a fight.

"Lassie, are ye with us?" He murmured softly to Shehk, worry evident on his features. He'd hold out a hand for her, but he wasn't sure if she could handle the side effects at this point, with the way she was reacting.

"Oi'm in," He stated to Red, wings fluttering darkly.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:26 am
The students that came forward to volunteer brought a small grin to her face. "Enough, enough," she called as she waved her hand dismissively. "We can do nothing for him now as we are. Today's class is only a precursor to it. There will be many risks involved with rescuing him, one that I will not force any of you to undergo. It will be you own decisions that determine whether or not you show up. Do not consider pride or peer pressure. Think carefully about what I told you, and make your own decision from there."

Red settled back on her heels, glancing at the clock. A couple students had dashed out when she suggested it. Would they return? Leave? In a benevolent move, the teacher decided to wait to see if they would return.

"Are we ready now?" Red asked, a hint of irritation in her voice as the last student returned. She held up the object she had fiddled with earlier. It was a small orb, barely bigger than the palm of her hand. With a gentle shake something white swirled within it. "Focus on the orb," Red instructed, "Focus... Focus..." She began to shake it, the small beads of white spinning and whirling faster and faster in the orb until --

With a startled thump, the students who were sitting down experienced a short fall into fresh snow. There was a sharp chill in the air as the students found themselves elsewhere. It was colder than Halloween was, even with its current snow.

Red tucked the mysterious object under her cloak. "Welcome to Christmas," Red began, sweeping her arms out to indicate the area around them. "We are in a gingerbread grove. The residents of this land grow candy on these trees. Today, they have... ah, vacated the grove."

The werewolf began to trudge through the snow, beckoning the students to follow her. "Scattered beneath these trees will be baskets. You will climb the trees to pluck the candy off of them to fill these baskets. You are required to fill one basket, however more would be... useful."

Red stopped at a gingerbread tree, picking up the basket to show them. "Keep in mind that these are elf-sized baskets and they might fill quickly. Also keep in mind that these are gingerbread trees, and they are made out of the substance they take their name from. A limb could suddenly crumble from beneath you."

She reached up and broke off part of the tree, holding it out towards the students to examine. "Parts of the trees will be covered with icing. It's on this that the Joy candy grows. These candies are not like Fear candies. Don't eat them." She paused, eying the pair of turtle doves in a nearby tree. "In addition, I suspect that the white frosting you see isn't entirely frosting. Eat at your own caution."

"How you get it out of the trees is up to you. If you need me, call for me. We'll reconvene in an hour. You may begin."

Surprisingly, Red didn't move to slink off towards the trees to lurk and stare and watch disapprovingly at them as teachers were expected to do. Instead, Red approached the students, making a beeline for one student in particular. "Are you all right?" She asked Shehk, her eyes flickering over her for signs of immediate injury.

The OOC

- In order to receive a credit for class, your character must fill one basket with JOY candies.
- If you eat a JOY candy quote me.

Harvesting Candy 101:
- Roll a 10-sided dice. Or roll multiple depending on your method.
- ie if you RP your character climbing a tree, chances are they're going to grab one at a time. You can roll only one dice, or 2-3. If, on the other hand, you opt to ram the tree instead you can roll up to 10-20 then gather the pieces that fall. Just hope the tree doesn't fall on you...
- It takes 20 JOY units to fill up a basket.
- You only need to fill one basket. It's up to you if you want to fill up more or not~
- You cannot go into the negatives.

Dice Table:
1) Somehow you managed to knock your basket over. You just lost half of your total! (ie if your basket had 9 JOY units, you're now at 5. With odd numbers, please round up!)

2) Success! You managed to grab a candy worth 2 JOY units!

3) You managed to score a large piece of candy! Unfortunately your excitement gets the better of you, and it breaks when you put it into the basket. Lucky, you manage to salvage 3 JOY units.

4) You completely fumbled and end up with no candy.

5) Every little piece counts, right? +1 JOY unit!

6) You acquire some candy. Yay! +3 JOY units.

7) Jackpot! You score plenty of candy, leaving you with +5 units!

8.) Oh man, what just happened? You somehow managed to lose several units. -3 JOY units.

9) Ugh! You earned nothing.

10) That particular piece of candy you just acquired looks tasty! +3 JOY units.

Help! I need some ideas!

Candy Get:

- JOY candies are essentially Christmas/Holiday candies. Candy canes, gum drops, etc etc. Essentially if you can see something on a Gingerbread House IRL, it can be found growing on a tree. Please don't go too wild~
- You can RP reaching up to pluck a piece of candy off the tree.
- Think of units = the potency of JOY in a candy as well as the size or amount of space a piece of candy takes up.
- Yes, you may Willy Wonka it up so long as it comes from a gingerbread tree AND is holiday/Christmas related~

Candy Lost:

- You reach out and stop yourself in time. That's not candy. Good thing you didn't touch it!
- As you reach out to grab the candy, the gingerbread limb beneath you crumbles! You land in a heap of gingerbread, icing, and the shattered remains of your ego.
- While kicking the tree, you manage to dislodge a large heap of snow which falls directly on top of you. By the time you dig yourself and your basket out, you realize you've lost half of what you've collected!

You have until Saturday, Dec 15th to complete this!
Time might be extended due to my IRLs~~~

demon_pachabel

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
Kanth rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 4, 5 Total: 10 (3-30)

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 am
Startled slightly by the sudden disappearance of the gym, and appearance of the snow, Marosa shifted and balanced himself as he glanced around in wonder.

He was used to snow. What he wasn't used to was the vast amount of it, hanging and covering everything. Blinking his golden eyes, Marosa followed Red and his mouth fell agape at the trees. This is what they had to collect? How curious. Back home, candy didn't grow on trees, but this was a strange new land that he was far too curious about.

At Red's dismissal, Marosa took a basket and walked up to a tree, knowing he was light enough to climb it, though some branches did look rather rickety.

Hefting himself up, the Gancanagh attempted to climb, only to fall back down instantly and knock his basket over, nearly breaking it. Abolished, he righted his basket and climbed up again, flailing just short of grabbing one.

Exasperated, the faerie fluttered his wings in a perturbed manner, scooting up the trunk of the tree enough to finally grab one. He stared at it curiously, admiring its gummi-like quality before tossing it down into the basket. Clinging to the trunk, Marosa peered around to see how the other students were faring.

Ice Queen rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 7, 5, 6, 7, 8, 3, 4, 4, 6 Total: 57 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:51 am
Roch hesitated, glancing around, then heading for a tree far from the others. Red hadn't said he couldn't summon his weapon, right? And he knew some things about strange lands, at least he hoped what he'd learned about Thanksgiving carried over to Christmasland--

"Terra," he called to his sister. "Don't eat it if y'wanna use your weapon!"

"Que?" Terra asked, already about to bite a handful. She dropped it quickly and looked a bit guilty. "What?" she repeated.

"Don't EAT the candy," he repeated. Then he hit the tree lightly. The JOY candy came pouring down and he started picking it up, dropping it into the basket--only a few pieces melted in the snow before he managed to grab them. He looked at the basket, frowning slightly. "Need one more piece. And probably another basket."

Total: 19  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ice Queen rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 4, 9, 8, 2, 5, 6, 6, 10 Total: 65 (10-100)

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 am
After snatching another basket, Roch trotted to another tree that was at a distance from the others, brought up his guitar--and tapped the tree. Twelve more pieces were foraged, one going to finish off the first basket, the other eleven heading to the second one.

Total: 1 box finished
11/20 box 2  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:27 am
Shivering momentarily from the shock of the sudden change in temperature, Millie felt extremely grateful towards Lumikki who showed Millie that T-shirt and shorts would not have been appropriate here.
She had no idea just how cold this place would be.

Thankfully, her jacket and legwarmers held up well against the cold as Millie listened to the teacher's instructions carefully.

As she walked over to look up a tree, Millie wondered how best to approach this task. She noticed one of the first students to harvest candy was Roch. Watching him. he had summoned his weapon, hit the tree and had filled and entire basket in nearly one go.

That looked like fun!  

Alicia Firestar

Fluffy Shapeshifter

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:34 am
Marosa got a weak smile, but Shehk shook her head. "I'm going to sit for a little while longer." She insisted. At least that seemed to be the plan until the scenery changed on them.

Surprise, perhaps mixed with fear instilled by a yellow door years ago.....

She took a minute to stand up, brushing herself off before taking a long look at the scenery - candy everywhere. The first whiff of it made her feel nauseous, actually. She wanted to hurl while they walked.

Which just made her seem all the more ill when Red approached to check on her. Looking to the werewolf, she tried to not frown, but her shoulders slumped slightly. "I'll manage." She answered, no attempt at a smile to try and 'sell' it, just a dead (well, reader than she was) look. There were no signs of injury, but there were signs that Shehk had been healing herself a lot.

Kanth

Marushii

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas