Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply 古[} Recycle Bin
[≈] The Lonely Island : Home of Jack Harren Snipe Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:24 am
User Image

Of all things, the plaguebearer seemed to hesitated before snarling, bringing up his hands, and forming the seal that all shinobi knew well: the ram. The snakes reared back and exhaled a blast of black smoke, rushing forward in waves to try and take out the light. The burning ash swept outwards, and met the light with a clash of sparking energy. It absorbed some of the impact, and what remained was absorbed by Shadow's arm. Yet as it cleared it would reveal the Plaguebearer, green-yellow eyes pressed up against the unseen barrier the ash had struck, staring at Shadow with an intense hatred and rage. Out came a gurgling, hissing voice, as if he were choking on his own blood. "Shadow~...I see you, Shadow~..." A highpitched clicking came from his throat, laughter through the blood that flowed out from between his lips. "You killed me, Shadow~...And I want revenge..."

A laughing noise came from behind as the shadows retreated, as the sky above creaked and groaned with the noise of dying whales. Haunting sounds that captured the pain of millions in its sorrow. Above, black tendrils reached out from a singular eye, a black slid with red pupils staring down while things wriggled within its depths. And behind? Behind a voice came that personified what it meant to be insane, as if the depths of madness spoke forth. "Ah, so this is Shadow...A beacon, a call, from the darkness...I wonder, what do your entrails taste like, little man?" Words echoed almost as if from within a great cavern, and it's owner? A creature made of black, writhing flesh with the possible consistency of ink, humanoid in form with pure white eyes that glowed and a mouth that split somewhere behind his ears. This lolled open, a black and red tongue twisting as it licked the air hungrily, salivating as it eyes Shadow with interest.

For once, the Dream of Jack looked terrified, and he brought his hands up in strange formations. "Get back, Devourer! Come closer and I will ensnare you back into your prison!"

And with that, the Devourer just laughed, but the laughter came from everywhere at once.

Royal Burrito

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:58 pm
User Image
F I F T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N

S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r
A phantom walks to the sea, fades and secretly drowns until his heart's appeased.

O I N I N N I N J U T S U - P U P P E T E E R U K Y O

And we will go where no one ever knows. And we will never have to play the part of afeared in the dark.

[x] The absorption worked, thankfully, but was mostly unneeded, as whatever barrier the light provided dispersed the majority of the attack. Still, when the smoke cleared, I was met by the Plaguebearer's glowing sickly-yellow eyes as he pressed himself against the light as if it were a pane of glass, blood leaking from his mouth in thick globs while he spoke of revenge. But it was his gaze that I couldn't break away from. Were it not for the protection this place gave me, I'd have probably been dead by then. Or dying slowly and agonizingly. Almost guaranteed to be the latter. Though I was fairly certain so long as he could see the life leave my eyes he would be satisfied. Even knowing I couldn't use the same ability again immediately, I didn't shift my stance, hands clasped firmly in front of me as I exhaled jittery breaths, unable to keep my arms steady. I couldn't look away, not when death stood only a few yards from me.

Until Saiken's voice boomed through my mind, making me flinch away. [There is something far worse here.]

Heart pounding, I turned my gaze skyward. What should have been a moon had become an eye, red as the blood that ran from the Plaguebearer's lips with a slitted pupil that watched us in mirth. Black tendrils reached for us, pushing against the shield of light that kept us safe for the moment. And from the opposite side of our little capsule, closer to the dream Jack, came wicked laughter. Insanity wasn't a word to describe it, but it was a sound I had experienced once before, and was the very presence I knew had been watching me since I arrived. Except, when my eyes settled on him, he looked nothing like I remembered. Blank white eyes started at me--or more through me--from beyond writhing pitch. Jack put the name Devourer to it, but was this truly the same being? He was likewise halted for now, but I had no idea for how long. The light was still shrinking.

A small part of me couldn't help wondering if Jack actually could trap him again, or if it was a bluff. The Jack I knew didn't tell lies, but if it meant saving our lives, he might. If the Devourer was the thing the puzzle pieces were meant to stop, then what good were empty threats? Something told me he knew we were helpless.

No, not helpless. I just needed to bide enough time for the other keys to arrive at the office. I wasn't going to risk opening the doors yet, out of fear that our barrier might shatter or the light be snuffed out. I'd only do it when I was sure I could grab the pieces and put them in place before we were taken over.

But then the question was when would I know? If I'd known what to expect here, I could have prepared by leaving a clone, or... something. Why hadn't I thought this through? I knew how dangerous it would be.

For the moment, neither monster could make another move, only scratch longingly at the closed door. Which meant I had time to think. Taking several deep breaths, I forced away my terror to focus on what was at hand. My eyes fell to the crystal casket the real Jack slept within, and the four spheres of darkness that remained there. However, I spoke to the dream Jack. "What do you know about the Devourer?" Any information that could spark an idea was the only place I had to start. In the meanwhile, I pulled and inkwell from my belt pouch and unscrewed the brush from the end of my tanto. As much as I didn't want to, I stepped toward the Plaguebearer moving away from the crystal about ten feet. There, I quickly drew a shield on the ground. Typically, it was meant for physical attacks, or at the very least elemental based ones, but if thought could create reality in this place then what wasn't to say that the very essence of a fuuinjutsu could be twisted as well. At the center of the shield, I drew the kanji 闇 (yami), which represented darkness. Approximately three feet across, it would grow to be huge whenever I actually activated it. I then moved about five feet to the left, counterclockwise, where I drew another. So long as I went unhindered, I'd have more than enough ink to complete a ring around us. A last measure of defense that I planned on activating just before opening the door. It would hurt, drain my chakra significantly, but if it worked we would be safe for a few extra, precious seconds until they were overcome.

Or, at least, that was the hope that I clung to.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

I'd never meant for you to mend this heart back in from two...

┃ a c | 29620
┃ r y o | 10330
┃ c h a k r a | 1080 / 1085
┃ s t a m i n a | 435 / 435
┃ m o o d | terrified
┃ h e a l t h | fine
┃ i n j u r i e s | none

Artwork and character © Taorito. Lyrics © Secret and Whisper.  

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:59 am
User Image

Jack's expression slowly calmed as his heart rate dropped, his hands lowering to his sides. Eyes watched the Devourer with some level of fear, he considered how to best respond to Shadow's request. Perhaps the truth, or at least, a part of it. "The Devourer...His name is Junan Kuragari..." Licking his lips as the creature's eyes turned to him, he continued. "Trapped two hundred years ago in the Dark Realm of Death, a shinobi once, like us. His powers drove him mad, or perhaps his powers twisted because of it. Either way, he eats everything. His power is to devour matter and convert it into Chakra, which sustains him. The bloodline he possesses doesn't exist yet, but...it allows him powers of the soul. Whatever you do, do not look him in the eyes."

A laugh erupted form the monstrosity as the shadows slowly fled from his flesh, as his eyes turned blacker than the night sky and his body became the nightmare Shadow remembered. The stitched grin upon his face mask shifted as the insane laughter continued for a moment more before knifing off with a suddenness that left the silence...deafening. "Yes, Jack, tell him. But see, I know you don't know. Not everything~" The voice was dark, twisted, and much higher than perhaps one would have normally thought for such a man. Almost...childlike in bearing, in fact, though with a faint echo. "How about you let me in to show you the rest, eh?"

A crack thundered out in the silence, a creaking sound followed after. Almost like a door was somehow being opened in the distance. Instantly Junan's eyes widened in delight, as he slowly turned to face a doorway that was even now opening behind him.

Royal Burrito

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:45 pm
User Image

A world upside down might normally have caused one to feel...uneasy. However, for Shadow gravity still pulled downwards to his feet, making him immune to what otherwise would have been a rather nauseating experience. However, his mad dash to the light meant steering his course through Junan, who continued his rapid series of handseals. And when it was that Shadow closed, the creature formed his last seal, the seal of the Dog. The sky already black with the powers of Nightmare, obscuring what lay beyond save the giant eye, slowly filled with a black, white mist, a cold wind forming upon the air. Black flecks began to descend, thick and slow, bringing the chill ever closer to the ground. How, when it defied gravity, wouldn't be entirely clear for the moment. Lowering his hands the Devourer cocked his head at Shadow, and the tongue thrashed against his lips as he spoke. "It took the lives of three Kages to just imprison me, little boy~ Do you really think for a moment you can defeat me on your own?"

Blackness stretched from his fingertips, long, twisting blades extending from their tops that dripped with some sort of vile, black ooze with an acrid stench. This fell upwards, up his arms and onto his face, though it did little more than sizzle and cause puffs of steam to rise from him as it disintegrated upon his flesh. Eyes unstaring, the creature spread out his legs with his shadows pressing against him, holding him in place as he readied for Shadow's assault, the snow drifting further and further down. In a few short moments, in fact, it might well reach Shadow himself.

Jack saw what it was that Shadow hauled with him, and it was this that he hoped for. Dream Jack twisted raised his arms in supplication, the world rotating around them to its former space. And as he did the light began to spread, the nimbus of dream energy pushing outwards another five feet before the darkness of Junan's aura forced it to a standstill. Already, sweat beaded upon Jack's brow, eyes twisted in concentration as he bit his cheek to maintain focus. Through lips bloodied by his split cheek, Jack nearly cried out, though little more than a squeak would issue forth. The strain of keeping everything else out while Junan and Shadow fought was taking its toll, for the monstrosity brought out the worst this place had to offer. Keeping it unseeable, locked behind the Dream, was taking all of the power and will allotted to him by his True self. "Gods be damned, if only Nightmare were here..." Strangled words barely more than a whisper, wishing that his other half were around to help.

Royal Burrito

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:03 pm
User Image

A phantom walks to the sea, fades and secretly drowns until his heart's appeased.

And we will go where no one ever knows. And we will never have to play the part of afeared in the dark.

[x] As I approached him, Junan finished his string of seals, and immediately a layer of mist filled the air, a bitter wind picking up. It wasn't so thick that I couldn't see, but enough that I didn't notice the flecks of... ash? until they were on me. I would have guessed snow given the cold, but the substance that fell from the sky was black. And I wish I'd been prepared for it.

Most fell near harmlessly onto my jacket, although they left a speck of dark ice behind. Oddly, the chakra in them was enough to active my shield, the one from the UHV battery I kept on my hip. It puttered out a moment later. Then a flake touched my cheek, just under my right eye, and it burned, not out of the sense of heat, but of sheer cold. And I should have guessed, should have connected the dots when I saw it land on my sleeves just before. I flinched, nearly losing my footing even as the Devourer spoke. His words reinforced my determination, but I found it dwindling again as more of the snow met exposed skin. The flurry was light, but enough to be a concern. I pulled my scarf over the lower half of my face and my hood over my head to protect it the best I could; the rest of my skin was covered by some form of clothing.

Junan waited for me to get close. Given the fixation on me, I assumed he expected me to attack. Although his intimidation attempt had failed, I still knew that I couldn't take him on my own, and had no intention of engaging. Still, I needed a way around him. Halting myself maybe ten feet away from him, I made my own quick string of signs and then slammed my puppet hand into the ground. Assuming he wasn't instantly on me, the ground would snap up around him, aiming to crush him within. I doubted it would work but could at the very least slow him down until I reached the barrier.

And I didn't wait to find out whether or not I did catch him.

As I took off once more, the world shook again, and anything that wasn't held down by gravity firmly fell into the sky indicating it had been reversed back to normal, although I couldn't physically see it since 'down' was still the same direction for me. The shadows were pushed back, putting me quickly within the small haven's safety. "I have the keys!" I announced breathlessly to Dream Jack, once I was close enough and past my painted shields. Then making yet another bunch of handsigns and hitting the ground beside the first one I'd drawn I activated them as well. The sudden drain on my chakra hurt but it was worth it to see the ink defense pull itself free of the ground and rise up in eight mighty shields. I didn't have time to admire them, however, and immediately pulled the objects I'd retrieved from my bag. Hurriedly, I held each in turn to one of the dark orbs in turn, glancing every few seconds to make sure our bubble of light held strong. The white orb, vest, grimoire... and finally the dagger I watched spiral into one of the bright stars on the casket. I waited for whatever was meant to happen.

And nothing changed.

That panic I'd tried to suppress before returned full force. I spun to face Dream Jack with wide eyes, face stinging from cold, unable to hide my fear. "Jack..." Words failed me, and the one I'd managed to get out was feeble. Why wasn't it working? Did I do something wrong? ...Did I doom the village again? I hoped that he could understand my questions even if I couldn't speak him, and once more I was forced to wait for an answer I dreaded hearing more than anything. What if this was hopeless?

Techniques Used:
Ganban Kyuu [Rock Plate Coffin] - B
After forming the needed hand seals, the user will generate plates of rock which will rise from around his target, entomb and then crush them. A ninja skilled in Earth Element abilities can avoid being crushed and emerge from the coffin.
Kuchiyose: Ink Shield [Summoning: Ink Shield] - B (x8 )
This technique allows the user to summon forth a shield from their scroll to block physical and element attacks. If the user draws a sword as if it were a crest, overlaying two swords, then it will block a physical attack up to a rank lower than the shield, and any normal strikes. If they draw the shield engulfed in flames then it will block a fire jutsu up to one rank lower than it, and so forth and so on. This applies to any element that the user can think up something to draw. It can only block projectile attacks or regular physical strikes however, meaning that it can not disrupt the formation or use of things such as the Hyouton Ice Mirrors. Retains its Suiton and water weakness.

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃ a c | 29620
┃ r y o | 10330
┃ c h a k r a | 1720 / 1085 (-360)
┃ m o o d | terrified
┃ h e a l t h | fine
┃ i n j u r i e s | none

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:15 pm
User Image

The clashing of the rocks around Junan resounded in the silence and cold, though it was followed by a crazed screech of fury following it. Clearly, Junan was not happy about the recent turn of events to the point that he was just about ready to go on a rampage. Instead, it erupted in darkness, the shadows evaporating, turning into nothing as they poured from the cracks. With it the screeches quieted, seeming to fade into oblivion, though the truth of the matter was quite worse.

A moment later, the clicking of the portal door into the office would be heard.

Silence followed, but Dream Jack was clearly not letting his guard down. Turning to his sides, casting his gaze about carefully, he choked back a sob as the world around them rippled, as the trees seemed to hoot and holler in strange, otherworldly tones that defied explanation. The eye above slowly narrowed to a slit, and as it did a deep emerald light poured out from its depths, as if it were focusing down, but the colors revealed odd, inhuman shapes twisting and writhing against the outside of the light's radius, so many in fact that they were not only on the perimeter but on the ceiling as well.

Groaning, Dream Jack collapsed to one knee, sweat still pouring from his face in beads. Through heavy breaths he continued, mind racing. "I think...too much evil exists. There is no balance, not with Nightmare eaten, and I on my last legs. We need something, a sacrifice, something that is intimate to Jack and yourself, something you couldn't live without but must for him to be whole." Tears joined the sweat as he coughed up blood, black and struggling to shift in the light bubble. "I'm sorry, Shadow. I thought...I thought I could protect you..." Slamming a closed fist to the ground with incredible strength, his hand split open at the knuckles from the impact. "I'm sorry...Shadow, it has to be you. Your memories. I...don't know. I don't know what will be taken..."

Royal Burrito

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:01 am
User Image

[x] "My... memories?" One of my many curses that I'd always prided myself on was having a perfect memory; I remembered everything, every small detail that I saw, from books to a pickpocket on the street out of the corner of my eye, to a small sound or a texture I touched in passing. I might not immediately notice it, but those details were imprinted on my mind the moment they happened, and with enough coaxing, I could recall them. The inability to do so terrified me, and had only ever happened a couple of times, following incredibly stressful situations, such as the hours following my arm being torn from my body. The images were still there, but hazy.

At the same time, it was indeed a curse. Sometimes the memories were twisted by an overactive imagination and turned into monsters. These creatures among other drawings were the pictures that covered the walls of my room, layers upon layers of paper, although I was never entirely sure what the purpose of doing so was. It was just something I did. Maybe in preparation for something like this.

But that wasn't what he meant. He wasn't talking about sacrificing an ability, but the only thing that I had that I shared with Jack: the actual memories themselves. After my parents died, I was constantly driven off by others for the way I looked, since the man who killed them used some sort of fuuinjutsu to change my appearance. To this day I still haven't been able to reverse it, and I wouldn't be able to until I found the seal... which I had the feeling had been entwined with Saiken's seal.

Jack was the first person to give me more than a passing thought. I don't know if he just saw a child in trouble or saw something in me, but he took me in and became a brotherly figure to me. As much as I got angry at him for the things that he did, he was the only family I had.

And Dream Jack wanted me to give up those memories.

I tore my gaze away from him, to the shapes of monsters that surrounded us. Our safe haven wouldn't last much longer, and if those things got through, well, I'd probably die anyway. So I was being faced with an ultimatum: give up the thing I held most dear or die. I guess the weird cube thing hadn't lied after all. I laughed at the irony, that it wanted the one thing I hadn't thought of, out of anger, terror, or some combination of emotions I couldn't identify. Why should I, for a village that didn't even like me, that actively avoided me, because of the jaded creature I'd become? No, doing anything at this point was for the preservation of my own life, just like my actions had always been. I found myself wanting to go through with it more because I didn't want their blood on my hands than an actual want to save anyone. And I hated myself for it.

But maybe it would only take essentials, take how we met, since that seemed to be the most precious moment for me. Even he said he wasn't sure. But in my silence, I was just wasting time. Curling my hands into fists in an effort to stop their shaking, I turned back to the effigy that called itself Jack, half wondering for a moment if he really was a copy of the one I knew and not just another part of the nightmare. But then I saw his tears. He was dying. I knew in that instant I was lying to myself. I did care. "How bad can it be, right...?" It was a rhetorical question and I hoped that he would catch on to that past the fake smile that lit my lips for an instant. The expression quickly became pained. "What do I need to do?"

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃ a c | 29620
┃ r y o | 10330
┃ c h a k r a | 735 / 1085 (+15)
┃ m o o d | terrified
┃ h e a l t h | feeling sick
┃ i n j u r i e s | none

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:59 am
User Imagex━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━ [ • Ν o z o ɱ ɩ • Α Ь ʋ ɾ α ɱ е • ] ━━━
xxxPeople who are [[ loyal ]] to their ⇨ soul ⇦
xxxxxxxxxxxxare the strongest beings to ever existxx ----
━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━

Running after him, she breathed heavily through the mask. It was getting dark and cold. She was doing her best to ignore the darkness. But Shadow was faster than her, by far. Of course. He was more advanced and experienced. Even then, he shouldn't have to face this alone! They are Kirigakure shinobi. They are suppose to be family even though she doesn't like him and she was sure he doesn't like her either. He shouldn't have to face the darkness alone, no one does. Then something had grabbed her right ankle and left wrist as she struggled to break free, more claws and it was so cold. Her body shivered as she sent only two beetles, having to learn her lesson about what happened a moment ago when she used her genjutsu. They were gone. Just like that. The last words she heard, that it was so cold. Did...did they freeze? She struggled a bit more but then went down on one knee, conserving her energy and a bright light from afar had blinded her for a moment. With a sharp inhale and exhale, Nozomi does her best to gather her energy and waited for the perfect moment. So her beetles would freeze. What would happen if she used Genjutsu? Shivering, Nozomi does her best to watch the light, and waited for the right cue as she exhaled and fought against her dark thoughts and feelings.

Kirigakure
Bloodline [ Aburame ] | Genjutsu | Genin
| 460/480 Chakra | 225/225 Stamina |
1450/1450 Kikaichu

♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥

Actions:.

Butterfly Kisses - Nozomi is able to cast her genjutsu, if they are touch based, through her insects. She makes the handsigns, but the jutsu is delivered by the insects. Example, if Nozomi have six insects on six people, all would be affected by her genjutsu. It would cost 2 ranks less per person to use. Such as if the technique is A-rank, it would cost C-rank chakra per person. While the cost of the technique drops two rank, so does the power.

Class Discipline/Personal Attribute:

Mother's Heart - Nozomi is able to communicate with anything living that is of the Arthropoda phylum order. She can gather Intel from the Arthropoda phylum creatures that is within 10 meters radius, usually used to track someone down.

Out Of Caffeine

Lanfaer

Royal Burrito

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:56 pm
User Image

Casting his eyes downward in shame, in grief, the aspect of Jack's Dreams nodded jerkingly before fighting to stand. It was difficult, given his white-knuckled grip upon his other arm, to stand with no free hands but he made it. Breathing rapid and strained, true, but he made it. Turning wide eyes around, however, the pale green depths constricted in worry as a whisper came from his already parched lips, a tone of worry and fright. "Shadow...There's...someone out there..." Eyes followed and looked down upon a face in the darkness, and a pained whimper followed the agonized words. Nozomi. He could see her, and he could also see the things coming for her. Darkness...things without a shred of integrity of concern within their miserable existences, the personification of nightmares manifesting into something their minds could comprehend. Oh, by the thousand gods, if they could see what he saw, could see their true forms...shaking his head, looking away from the spectres, Jack turned to Shadow and locked eyes with him. "I can save her, if I'm whole. Please, take your blood, draw your name upon the coffin. I'm sorry, Shadow..."

Stopping, the form of the Dream Aspect seemed to blur as a shiver ran through him. Pain was evident upon his face, but there was something more. Fear. Terror. Something haunting as he stared into the face of eternity. He could see his death, and it was coming. No words could come to him as he looked beyond Nozomi, beyond to the darkness in the distance, where something came for them. Something darker than anything else, something that made even the nightmares scatter in fear. He knew it. With that look, perhaps Shadow would know they had ran out of time.

The creatures surrounding Nozomi seemed to hesitate, the feeling of being watched lessening for but a moment. Then..something else. Something deep within her was touched, grabbed, and pulled. A pain that was not pain, but despair, whipped through her as the things around her touched her soul, touched what gave her life meaning. And when they did...She saw them. Or, at least, a part of them. What she saw had no words, for no language created by things of this world could describe the horrific beings that touched her, with slavering jaws and talons the least of the issues. Simply put, they were not of her world, but of some demented, twisted deity with a penchant for horror. And in their hands was a white light, a rope that attached to her chest and even further. And each wrench brought more nausea, a blurring of the eyes, and a sound that crawled across her skull like an infinite number of razors digging into her brain.

Royal Burrito

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:37 pm
User Image

[x] Someone else was there? They'd made no sound following me, so I hadn't even noticed. And still lost in the darkness out there they hadn't called for help. I turned to look at whatever Jack saw and my eyes fell on Nozomi; despite the lack of light, I could vaguely make out her red hair. Why... did she follow me? Why didn't she just listen? Just like during the Sero disaster. The door had been closed, and now she was as trapped as I was. No, more so because she was stuck out there. While I was inside the safety of my shields, although I knew they wouldn't hold much longer themselves. I couldn't bring myself to go after her, the terror I already felt holding me in place.

Then Jack spoke again behind me. He could save her once he was whole. All I had to do was sign my name. My gaze returned to the crystal casket and I lifted my left hand to my mouth, biting hard on the skin of my index finger, not unlike what would be done for a summoning technique. Since losing my right arm, I hated damaging my hand in any way--the puppet hand was flexible enough to hold something, but it had no sense of feeling; I couldn't draw or write with it. Given what I had to do it was the only choice I had. "Stop apologizing..." I clenched my fist trying to control my trembling. The Dream aspect's insistence was only making it harder for me to do what was needed. "When I took my headband, I swore to protect the village until my last breath. At least it's not my life I'm giving up."

I signed my name. Since no exact instructions were given, I gave my full name: Shadowseeker Hunyistir. The handwriting was sloppy, and I was forced to hold my hand still as it shook. But I finished, and took a step back, waiting once more.

At first I wasn't sure it had worked. And then I felt it, almost as if something was tugging at my mind. Though what exactly left me, of course, I had no way of knowing because, well, it didn't exist anymore. That, I think made it scarier than anything, and I felt the gaping hole that was my panic sitting in my stomach slowly inch its way upward. As the pull continued, the crystal around the real Jack's body constricted. For half a second I thought something had gone wrong but I could see the material actually merging with him. I took the brief relief to focus on my memories, trying to piece together what was being taken. Strangely enough, I still had clarity. I could still remember receiving my headband when I was ten, the year of training before then in the academy, Jack leaving on his journey, when we met after being shunned by other villagers, after running for so long that I couldn't go any further...

What was I running from?

The thought crossed my mind, and it felt like the blood in my veins froze. I pushed backward, searching for the answer to that question, but I was met with the edge of a cliff and a great black abyss. What was I running from?! Even as the mental shout echoed into nothingness, the metaphorical ground crumbled beneath my feet and I was forced to retreat or be swallowed whole. But what did I lose? I scanned my memories again, and was halted around the point when Jack traveled, leaving me to fend for myself on the island, when I truly learned about living there and what that meant. Even then, details were becoming hazy.

I couldn't bring myself to speak as the real Jack came, essentially, back to life. Or at least it seemed that way. I'm sure the panic and fear in my expression spoke more than volumes about my state of mind that was decaying as quickly as the light around us was fading. This wasn't what was supposed to happen.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃ a c | 29620
┃ r y o | 10330
┃ c h a k r a | 750 / 1085 (+15)
┃ m o o d | terrified
┃ i n j u r i e s | minor frostbite

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:57 pm
User Image
User Image
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx
xxBody Rank :: A - ranked // Title :: Mizukage (Konin) // Village :: Kirigakure no Satoxxxx

Chakra Pool :: 1, 565||1, 565______AC :: 60, 000
Stamina Pool :: 705||705______Ryo :: 100,000 [20,000 In Bank]
Sage Chakra :: 488||488

-----[ T ] he crystal made its final departure into Jack's depths, the solid surface sliding into his skin without a trace. The shadows, their hands and appendages wrapped firmly around the wall of light and Nozomi's spirit, froze in place. Fear resonated from the beings as the Mizukage's body began to glow, a strange chakra suffusing his form. His body changed, with a cloak of some sort of silvery, mercurial material forming around his shoulders and sweeping, curved lines forming upon his cheeks and around his eyes. These lines were a pale, bright green, and the shadows under his eyes turning a pale blue similar to the reflection of the sky on a clear snow-covered plane. Slowly the mercurial films shifted, sweeping against one another in the barest of whispers as they unfolded into six beautiful, large dragonfly wings. Or, at least, they resembled them in some strange way, though they did bear a similar shape to several other insects that were difficult to name on sight.
          -----Flecks of silver danced through the air, releasing a light chiming that caused the shadows to release Nozomi and cover their ears. A strange, ethereal howl echoed from the woods as they writhed, but their pain faded to abject terror as Jack's eyes opened.
          -----And they crimson, ruby depths burst into light.
          -----Hovering in midair for a moment longer, Jack, with his hat on straight, the book at his side bound with steel attached at the hip, a dagger in one hand and his cane in the other, twirled the aforementioned cane and brought it down upon the earth with a burst of light. Instantly the bubble erupted outwards, the light released with a hissing flare that seared through the shadows in tendrils that burst from Jack's rod. The great eyed creature above roared with pain and wrenched backwards to flee, only to find the sky torn asunder as hands as monumental as creation dragged the thing deep into a rift in space. Light poured into the sky, a cataract of power that brought a swelling of joy and peace to the minds of those nearby.
          -----And those shadows?
          -----They died in droves, their essences boiling with light and life before they erupted, and then imploded, gone forevermore.
          -----The darkness was pushed back, the ground sprouting flowers and leaves in all direction,a grassy plain with flowers as far as the eye could see, colors that had no names reflected in the mural of beauty. Soft, white clouds lazed on by above while a yellow sun brought warmth to the two who remained. Around them a clearing with soft, lush grass laid out a base camp, with Shadow lying at the center and Nozomi at the farthest point. Where Dream Jack had gone would remain unknown, for now only Jack stood,though his wings slowly lowered to become a cloak about his shoulders once more.
          -----Jack moved with haste to Shadow's side, his ruby eyes draining of their vengeful color and becoming the warm emeralds they should be. Multifaceted as they were, it generally looked on, but he cared little. Reaching out and touching Shadow's brow, Jack's expression became one of pain, and his words, spoken through parched lips, held his true emotions bare. "Shadow...No...What have I done?" The other hand, free of Shadow's flesh, trembled upon his cheek, a light touch that exposed to him just how little he controlled his emotions right then.

►► |•| O. O. C. |•| ◄◄

|•| Passives |•|
► Genni Genjutsu [ Strengthen Genjutsu ]
By having the Sakkakugan active during a genjutsu, the user powers up the technique to the point where it can no longer be discerned as real or fake by non-Sakkakugan doujutsu. In addition to this, if the afflicted manages to find out they are in a genjutsu, it will require an additional [15] chakra for them to activate Kai. It also takes as much to use this technique.
► Izumi no Seirei → Custom Belt Buckle
Triples the recovery of chakra/stamina, the amount of which depends upon the method used [Must use listed methods in guild rules for base recovery cost]

► Tattoos and Contingencies → Open Spoiler

||→|| [All Tattooed techniques are stored using the Time Sealing technique, and made permanent by Tattooing and set storage length to "9,000 Years". Activation requires chakra to be placed into it via Contingency or direct use, but fuinjutsu never fades due to it being tattooed] ||←||

► [Chain] Contingency || → A fourth dimensional object tattooed upon a two dimensional plane, it causes a slight headache when looked at for too long.
Has several triggers locked within it that can activate depending on actions taken. The triggers are listed below, as well as the effect that occurs. Unless triggered effect is awakened, fuinjutsu does not appear to be a technique in nature, though double sensors will see a faint trace of chakra within the formation of the technique. Read technique description for more information.
• When right pinky is curled into a ball, but the other fingers are not, activate False Place Technique fuinjutsu, placed left of the Contingency tattoo, as per direction. Unless otherwise specified by twitching the right big toe at time of casting, Genjutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin above heart for upkeep.
• When the middle right part of upper lip is nipped with teeth, activate Voice of Persuasion fuinjutsu, placed just above belly button. If left upper lip is nipped with teeth, activate Voice of Terror instead. Unless otherwise specified by the twitching of the right big toe at time of casting, Genjutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin on right wrist for upkeep.
• When left foot is angled at a nine o' clock orientation while the right is at a one o' clock orientation, activate Scattering Ashes fuinjutsu placed above the center Contingency tattoo after two second delay. If "stay" is spoken before time is up, this Chain is stopped. At time of casting, destination must be within Jack's mind, else the fuinjutsu is set to transport Jack and all in contact with him to his Island. If successive casting is required for destination to be reached, cost is paid automatically. Unless otherwise specified by the twitching of the right big toe at time of casting, jutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin to the above right of the Contingency.

► Tensa Fuin || → Tesseract Tattooed to the Upper Right of the Contingency
Allows the storage, and retrieval, of Energy such as Chakra, Sage Chakra, and Stamina within it, without limit.
_____→ {2 5, 6 0 0cp} // {1 6, 6 6 2sp} // {1 4, 7 7 7sc}
► Tensa Fuin || → Tesseract Carved Into Cane Just Beneath Cap
Allows the storage, and retrieval, of Energy such as Chakra, Sage Chakra, and Stamina within it, without limit.
► Scattering the Ashes || → Shape of small candle flame above Contingency
Acts as technique of the same name when Trigger is activated or chakra placed into it.
► Voice of Persuasion || → Violin shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo.
Acts as jutsu of the same name
► Voice of Terror || → Mask of fear shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo, just right of Voice of Persuasion
Acts as Jutsu of the same name
► False Place Technique || → Standing Mirror shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo, just left of Voice of Persuasion
Acts as jutsu of the same name.

► Kokohi no Jutsu [ False Place Technique ] || → Anime C Rank [Set to Trigger]
Kokohi no Jutsu is a simple Genjutsu technique which changes the appearance of a nearby object. The object is no larger than a human, maximum, and can be interacted with as if it were the appearance given.

|•| Techniques Used |•|

|•| Techniques Active |•|

Royal Burrito

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"I Must Drag Truth Kicking and Screaming into the Light"
"I Will Show You What You Truly Are"
"The Savior... or the Beast..."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:17 pm
User Image

[x] I don't think I've ever been so happy to see Jack--think because my memories were still crumbling away from whatever curse I'd been inflicted with. As it had taken away my past, at this point I didn't expect it to leave me with anything, but it didn't stop the numbing terror that was slowly putting my body into shock. I could barely bring myself to move from where I stood, as if doing so would make them fade faster while my mind desperately grasped at them before they vanished into the abyss before me. I watched as my friend who was gradually becoming a stranger change into some sort of manifestation of his sage abilities, and the pressing shadows were suddenly converted into light, obliterating the crawling creatures as it pulsed outward from our little safe haven. My shields dissolved into nothing. They weren't needed anymore anyway. I guess my sacrifice to bring him back, while it cost me more than I ever hoped for, meant that the demons were gone.

But what now?

The darkness gone, I found myself standing in a field of wildflowers, warm sun shining above, and with it exhaustion swept over me. Dream Jack was no longer there; I assumed he had disappeared when the real one woke, as dreams tended to do. Nozomi, too, stood some distance away; although not unscathed, she was alive. For a brief moment the anger of her lack of cooperation swelled again--she never would have been in danger if she had just followed instructions--but it was gone as fast as it came. Part of me was grateful she'd tried to help me. The other was overwhelmed as yet another chunk of memory broke off into nothingness.

What was that saying? That you never noticed how much something meant to you until it was gone? Except I had no way of knowing what I'd lost.

Well, it wasn't so much that, or at least not yet. I knew what was gone: the first several years of my life and at some point I met Jack and became a shinobi, and gained ranks, but the details, those things that were my expertise were missing, and only growing foggier, and so did my ability to comprehend what was happening to me. Soon I wouldn't even know anything happened to begin with.

Jack was beside me in an instant, his eyes returning to green as the flames of anger died away. He spoke, asking himself what he'd done. Why was he blaming this on himself? Still, tears welled against my will spilling down my cheeks. "You know that feeling when you can't remember something important?" I managed to ask shakily with a forced grin, glancing to the side and taking a step back. "Well, I don't. Or I didn't. I think." I lifted a hand to my head, my expression becoming pained once more. "It's hard to tell. It's like there's fog in my head." Falling silent momentarily, I scanned my memories again, taking a deep, shuddering breath when I found where they stopped, and looked back at him, unable to meet his eyes. "Jack...?" I paused, but not waiting for him to respond, simply gathering my thoughts.

"I'm scared."

Fear was something I knew for a fact that I'd never admitted before. Call it a gut feeling, more than an actual remembering. I didn't have any hope at this point that my mistake was going to leave me with anything. Mistake? No, whether I was being selfish or selfless, it wasn't a mistake. I'd saved people, right? No one died. That was more than I could say for... for what again? Vague images of a monstrous tree, a flood. The six months after remained, although even they were beginning to drift.

But what could I do as I waited for the heart of the island to claim its prize. It might not have been so bad if it didn't take concepts along with it. I knew what a shinobi was, and that I was one, but what did that mean? Things like that. I looked back at Jack, opening my mouth to say something, but no words came. I wasn't sure what I intended on saying anyway. However, I subconsciously tried again. "I'm sorry." Why? Maybe he knew. I just felt like I should, before I didn't have a reason to.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃ a c | 29620
┃ r y o | 10330
┃ c h a k r a | 765 / 1085 (+15)
┃ m o o d | terrified

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:59 am
User Imagex━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━ [ • Ν o z o ɱ ɩ • Α Ь ʋ ɾ α ɱ е • ] ━━━
xxxPeople who are [[ loyal ]] to their ⇨ soul ⇦
xxxxxxxxxxxxare the strongest beings to ever existxx ----
━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━

So cold. It was all Nozomi could think about. She grimaced slightly behind the mask as she was trying to cling onto what little light she has. Nozomi felt things around her started to hesitate, was this my cue? Her facial expression went from confusion to complete pain as she did everything she could to not scream as despair and darkness consumed her. Gods. She wanted to die. A soft whimper escaped from her as she saw them. Her eyelids closed immediately as she was doing everything she can to keep her sanity. And hold onto that little ... what was it? Where did it go? Her light... it was gone. She couldn't think about it as nausea taken ahold and that her mind was having razors everywhere. She couldn't focus. Tried as hard as she could to even remember one genjutsu to use. Finally, she remembered one genjutsu as she was about to- everything faded as fast as it happened. Nozomi collapsed onto the ground, breathing heavily when the grips were released. Slowly, her head rose to witness everything that was happening before her. With a wince, Nozomi turned her head away from the sudden bright light compared to this pitch black darkness as they were rapidly fading away. Flowers... sweet scent entered her nose as she exhaled sharply. She was still slightly sore, but she was okay... maybe. Shakily, Nozomi stood up as she glanced towards the two. She knew her demons were difficult.. but she had no idea that.. this was Jack's...? Gods. The pain he must face everyday... he was stronger than she had ever imagined. If she was facing this kind of pain, she wouldn't be alive.

Wait. Don't talk like that. Not caring for herself, Nozomi made her way towards the two males. "A... are you two okay?" She quetioned, softly, wondering what she can do to help but she can see the pained expression over Jack's face and a confused one on Shadow. Maye he was a bit scared? What happened? How can she help? "How can I help?" Nozomi didn't care for herself or the fact that she wanted to eliminate her own life moments ago. No. She cared for others, it was her biggest flaw. She wanted to pull them both into a hug but she realized, their connection and bond was so deep, it was as if they were brothers. She did not wish to invade. The beauty here, right now, was beautiful. Yes. But their... energy right now was not beauty, it was ugly. And Nozomi stood strong, waiting for Jack to tell her what to do. Check on people? Anything... anything to help.

Kirigakure
Bloodline [ Aburame ] | Genjutsu | Genin
| 460/480 Chakra | 225/225 Stamina |
1450/1450 Kikaichu

♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥

Actions:.

Butterfly Kisses - Nozomi is able to cast her genjutsu, if they are touch based, through her insects. She makes the handsigns, but the jutsu is delivered by the insects. Example, if Nozomi have six insects on six people, all would be affected by her genjutsu. It would cost 2 ranks less per person to use. Such as if the technique is A-rank, it would cost C-rank chakra per person. While the cost of the technique drops two rank, so does the power.

Class Discipline/Personal Attribute:

Mother's Heart - Nozomi is able to communicate with anything living that is of the Arthropoda phylum order. She can gather Intel from the Arthropoda phylum creatures that is within 10 meters radius, usually used to track someone down.

Out Of Caffeine

Lanfaer

Royal Burrito

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:18 pm
User Image
User Image
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx
xxBody Rank :: A - ranked // Title :: Mizukage (Konin) // Village :: Kirigakure no Satoxxxx

Chakra Pool :: 1, 565||1, 565______AC :: 60, 000
Stamina Pool :: 705||705______Ryo :: 100,000 [20,000 In Bank]
Sage Chakra :: 488||488

-----[ P ]ain. Few knew what it truly meant, what it truly felt like. A sword thrust through the gut, the stripping of flesh from muscle, even the forced dismembering of a limb were nothing compared to the twisting, hollowed agony that filled Jack's core as tears slid down Shadow's face. With Sage Chakra burning through him his mind's processing was increased, giving him access to the memories of his two halves in rapid succession.
          -----And those memories tore him apart.
          -----Fear was a tool, a weapon, a primary emotion. It was a knife in the gut, a fluttering in the stomach, a bath of cold upon the nerves. It was protection, it was weakness, it was what kept you alive and made you dead. All of which had no place in Shadow's life, as Jack knew it, and yet...Fear was a tool he wielded with precision, bringing to others their worst fears and forcing them to face it. Time and again the Mizukage had tried to show others that facing fear was not a weakness, but a strength, a hurdle in the path to greatness, to Truth. And now? Now he hated it, now that pain and misery he had inflicted on so many others came back as a form of instant karma as it filled Shadow's tear-filled eyes and ran down his cheeks in glistening terror. Shadow's strength was his memory, his pride and drive, and now? Because of what happened, because of his gods-be-damned attempt at defense had awakened a curse that should never be unleashed, and Shadow was paying the ultimate price for it.
          -----Stepping forward the wings around Jack's form moved outwards to enclose them as he took shadow into a tight, fierce embrace, as his voice broke while he tried to comfort the only family he had ever known. "You have nothing to apologize for, Shadow. Not now, not ever. I knew. I always knew." Patting his head, one arm angled upwards to tangle within his hair as he pushed the jounin as close to him as he could, Jack clenched his eyes shut in pain. With every fiber of his being he called out to the world, to the gods he knew existed, to the powers of the Dream Heart, to whatever power or spirit or demon that existed to please, please stop this. To take Jack instead, to leave his precious brother as he was, to not have to pay this price for Jack's mistake. Slowly, the sage aspects of him faded, returning him to the Jack Shadow would remember: the old coat, the hat upon his brow, the feathers reaching up over his head into the air. "It is okay to be afraid, Shadow. It is okay. I will fix this, I swear it. I will fix this, just..." Lips quivering, eyes watering, chest heaving to fight the tears welling up within him, he spoke in a pained whisper. "Please, don't leave me!"
          -----This close, the Mizukage would clearly have heard Nozomi's words, but he couldn't speak to her. He would think of anything except the tragedy unfolding before him, his heart twisting in pain, a hallowness that nearly stole his voice. Flesh colder while he burned inside, sorrow and pain he'd never felt before welled up within him with a ferocity to cast the sun asunder.
          -----Shadow dying had been painful, yes, but losing him? Losing him was the greatest fear Jack had ever known.

►► |•| O. O. C. |•| ◄◄

|•| Passives |•|
► Genni Genjutsu [ Strengthen Genjutsu ]
By having the Sakkakugan active during a genjutsu, the user powers up the technique to the point where it can no longer be discerned as real or fake by non-Sakkakugan doujutsu. In addition to this, if the afflicted manages to find out they are in a genjutsu, it will require an additional [15] chakra for them to activate Kai. It also takes as much to use this technique.
► Izumi no Seirei → Custom Belt Buckle
Triples the recovery of chakra/stamina, the amount of which depends upon the method used [Must use listed methods in guild rules for base recovery cost]

► Tattoos and Contingencies → Open Spoiler

||→|| [All Tattooed techniques are stored using the Time Sealing technique, and made permanent by Tattooing and set storage length to "9,000 Years". Activation requires chakra to be placed into it via Contingency or direct use, but fuinjutsu never fades due to it being tattooed] ||←||

► [Chain] Contingency || → A fourth dimensional object tattooed upon a two dimensional plane, it causes a slight headache when looked at for too long.
Has several triggers locked within it that can activate depending on actions taken. The triggers are listed below, as well as the effect that occurs. Unless triggered effect is awakened, fuinjutsu does not appear to be a technique in nature, though double sensors will see a faint trace of chakra within the formation of the technique. Read technique description for more information.
• When right pinky is curled into a ball, but the other fingers are not, activate False Place Technique fuinjutsu, placed left of the Contingency tattoo, as per direction. Unless otherwise specified by twitching the right big toe at time of casting, Genjutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin above heart for upkeep.
• When the middle right part of upper lip is nipped with teeth, activate Voice of Persuasion fuinjutsu, placed just above belly button. If left upper lip is nipped with teeth, activate Voice of Terror instead. Unless otherwise specified by the twitching of the right big toe at time of casting, Genjutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin on right wrist for upkeep.
• When left foot is angled at a nine o' clock orientation while the right is at a one o' clock orientation, activate Scattering Ashes fuinjutsu placed above the center Contingency tattoo after two second delay. If "stay" is spoken before time is up, this Chain is stopped. At time of casting, destination must be within Jack's mind, else the fuinjutsu is set to transport Jack and all in contact with him to his Island. If successive casting is required for destination to be reached, cost is paid automatically. Unless otherwise specified by the twitching of the right big toe at time of casting, jutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin to the above right of the Contingency.

► Tensa Fuin || → Tesseract Tattooed to the Upper Right of the Contingency
► Tensa Fuin || → Tesseract Carved Into Cane Just Beneath Cap
► Scattering the Ashes || → Shape of small candle flame above Contingency
Acts as technique of the same name when Trigger is activated or chakra placed into it.
► Voice of Persuasion || → Violin shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo.
Acts as jutsu of the same name
► Voice of Terror || → Mask of fear shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo, just right of Voice of Persuasion
Acts as Jutsu of the same name
► False Place Technique || → Standing Mirror shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo, just left of Voice of Persuasion
Acts as jutsu of the same name.

► Kokohi no Jutsu [ False Place Technique ] || → Anime C Rank [Set to Trigger]
Kokohi no Jutsu is a simple Genjutsu technique which changes the appearance of a nearby object. The object is no larger than a human, maximum, and can be interacted with as if it were the appearance given.

|•| Techniques Used |•|

|•| Techniques Active |•|

Royal Burrito

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"I Must Drag Truth Kicking and Screaming into the Light"
"I Will Show You What You Truly Are"
"The Savior... or the Beast..."

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:34 am
User Image

[x] Nozomi spoke, having caught up with us, asking if we were alright, despite tear streaked faces that were clearly from grief. I couldn't stop the small amount of resentment her words brought about, but it faded as quickly as it came. There was no point being angry with her. She didn't know and couldn't comprehend what was happening. Even a normal person, as scary a losing their memories might have been, couldn't fathom the terror that turned the blood in my veins to ice, couldn't understand what it was like for a perfect memory to just... vanish.

And just like that, she was a stranger, yet another part of my mind crumbling into the abyss. My head throbbed painfully, forcing me to close my eyes. I was running out of space to move.

The red-headed girl asked what she could do to help, but Jack gave her no answer. Instead, arms wrapped around me and he held me close. He said there was no reason to apologize, but I couldn't remember what I'd apologized for. I hoped that he knew. He continued, though, explaining that there was no reason to be afraid, and that he'd fix everything. He begged me not to leave and I closed my eyes again, mustering up what words I could manage past trembling limbs and a shaky voice. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be here." Where was 'here' again? The sickening feeling jolted through me, and I bit my lip to stop a sob. It didn't prevent my chest from heaving as I took a deep breath, giving away my distress. What made it worse was that I knew academically what I meant to him, but I didn't know what made that bond so important anymore. I knew the words I needed to say, but not why. "Jack..." My voice faltered, and I tried again. "Don't lose yourself because of this. You will find a way, but everyone else needs you more." Myself from a few seconds before prepared those words, even if they bore no significance to me.

I shuddered, and slowly released my grip on Jack's thin arms, not realizing how tightly I'd been holding him. Did I hurt him? I let my hands drop to my sides. I'd said what was needed, so there was really no point in holding on any longer. It would only draw out the pain, and that was the last thing I wanted for either of us. I think I was overcome with fear and fainted, or maybe I willed my consciousness away, not ready to face immediately losing what was left. Probably the latter. I didn't want him to confront the me who didn't know him only seconds after he was the only family I had. I let the last of the cliff on which I stood break away, and I was swallowed by a warm embrace in the darkness.

Maybe this would be for the best?

[What's going on?]

[Shadow?]

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Lanfaer
Lily Platypus

┃ a c | 29620
┃ r y o | 10330
┃ c h a k r a | 780 / 1085 (+15)
┃ m o o d | --
┃ h e a l t h | unconscious

古[} Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff