Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Gold Flight] A Golden Afternoon: Fianth's Flight! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Uta generated a random number between 1 and 62 ... 27!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:51 pm
[Btw. If anyone is looking for Olliah she's not at her weyr but outside in the Weyrbowl. She'll get to her weyr eventually, I think.]]

As Fianth flirted with her suitors, so too, did Olliah. A mating flight might pull rider and dragon apart through distance, but it brought them together overwhelmingly as one in other ways. She was not entirely herself with Fianth having most of the control. So it was, as the men finally began to arrive, the dark haired woman's smile was genuinely bright.

She hardly saw faces, hardly cared who was there, because she was soaring through the clouds with Fianth. Hardly able to contain herself, she reached out, to let her fingers trace gently over O'tas's chest, unaware, and unconcerned, by his lack of clarity. "How nice of all of you to come," she purred, turning next to Be'ren. She slipped closer, her smile feral, a burning passion having gripped her. "I believe I might," she confessed, before Fianth's playfulness suddenly gripped her once more. Pulling away, not wanting yet to be caught, even on ground, she laughed, and instead turned to look at her other suitors. Gr'm was not one she recognized -- but her bond with Fianth pegged him as Praetoth's. She smiled at him as she passed, reaching a hand out to lightly let her fingers brush past him. "So many fine males -- whoever shall I pick? Oooh. Not him though!" And she pulled away, practically giving a hiss herself. The Weyrwoman Second was clearly wrapped up with Fianth, echoing her dragons sentiments and thoughts. "You'll have to do better then that!"

The woman found herself closer to where A'ryx stood, though she noticed he was separated. "No need to be shy," she encouraged, reaching a hand out to tug the man a bit closer. Like Fianth, all her suitors needed to be assessed. Would one of their dragons win? Or would Fianth choose one who was no present, and leave her rider to fall into the arms of one of them? Only time would tell. When M'yk approached, the woman seemed to brighten considerably. Another who had come to chase! And Ulix, with his music, also caught her attention. "How nice of you both to join," again, her words were more of a purr, an echo of her dragon's lust that so gripped her.

If it were any other moment, Olliah might well have been mortified over her behavior. But Flights were strong, powerful things -- would anyone really remember after was all said and done? Would she?

- - - -

High up in the sky, hidden within the clouds, she queen quite suddenly dropped like a stone! While her suitors hovered, sought her out in other clouds, or had flown on ahead -- she went down! Down, down, down, wings furled, crowing her delight and joy! To all her suitors she called out, Ah, lovelies, you have all gotten a bi ahead of yourselves! Hurry now! Her encouragement was mixed with pure joy and pleasure. Flights were serious business, certainly, but who among them might catch up??

She was no green, but down, down, down she fell. Like a falling star, Fianth picked up speed, laughter in her wake. Though a queen needed to fly high, she had time yet -- this was her Flight, and she would shake them up! Who among them could turn around and keep up? As she fell, she reached out to Krahsujunth, sending the blue a wave of love, lust, and desire. A dream, of the large blue falling with her, necks and tails twined, a sight to behold. It was all she could give him, all she could dream of.... for she well knew that soon, she might well need to pick one of brown or bronze. Are you faring well, my handsome blue knight? I might have many a male after me, but I fly only to impress you.

Angling herself as she fell, as soon as the peeks got too close -- far too close -- the queen spread her wings to catch herself, and to continue her chase closer now to those craggy peaks. She was smaller for a gold, a bit more lithe than some of the larger queens, but not nearly as agile as the bright greens of the Weyr. Still, she flew with confidence and joy, glancing behind her to see who had managed to catch up with her!

To the bronze Garganth she sent forth a merry laugh. He is certainly my mate, and I could ask for nothing more! You are very kind to be so thrilled, sweet Garganth. I am sure, whether it is with me or another queen, that you will have a strong clutch -- and with luck, some as sweet as you!

Bronze Tarenoth was given a small hum of satisfaction. This one had some fight in him. A good quality, to be sure. Then I look forward to seeing such a display! Stretch those wings, and impress me! It was almost a challenge, but her good humor and warmth was laced throughout. As if to show, she swooped around a mountain peak, changing course and direction once again.

Soheith seemed sweet enough... but also a bit irritable. While she understood that Krahsujunth was fighting literally with tooth and claw, and she did not expect her suitors to take it.... A small flare of protectiveness did wash over the queen. She had never objected when Krah and Yisketh fought over her -- but this was different. Still, her beloved blue could take down any suitor here he wished! If I need call my beau off, Soheith, simply say the word. You need not speak to draw my eye.

The brown Kalikath was given another happy burst of sunshine. Should not a dragon be considerate of others feelings? Compassion and kindness and goodness are strengths. Are you strong in such feelings, Kalikath?

Ah, her dear Silmarath. Though he still seemed forlorn, she sent him a wave of fondness and affection. You are too good and kind and sweet, precious Silmarath. I may not love you as I do Krahsujunth, but do not doubt my fondness. You would make a lovely clutch Father. And yet, the queen had to wonder if it would not be cruel. She had never known his love until it was too late -- Yisketh had caught her eye as a young queen, and Krahsujunth after. There would surely be another love Silmarath's way.

Bronze Meigth certainly had given her an epic display in the clouds.... but how might he fare among the peaks? Such a strong one, handsome Meigth! And so confident in your skills, too. All desired traits for a future clutch.... But are you quite sure nothing could tear you from the skies? Not even my beloved? She asked, almost impishly. She was curious what he might say, and with a splash of good humor, she continued her flight.

Brown Elzebuth was certainly a crafty one. Still, he was young, and bold -- none of the other youth had taken flight. Did they doubt their chances, or were they simply enraptured with others? Uridith was a strong queen, and Elzebuth didn't fall far from the tree. Ah, such a gentleman! Then don't keep your lady waiting. Can you fight your way to the front of the pack, Elzebuth? Can you outwit and outfly the rest? She sent him another joyous laugh, and a silken caress in return. Let him get a taste of what he gave so freely.

Bronze Gareth's words delighted the queen. She might not have Krahsujunth to finish the flight, but this was as much for him as it was for her. Whatever clutch she carried would be theirs, and Eveleth could eat her tail if she dared to stop Fianth from such a display. Such kind, sweet words. Delyth is as lucky to have you as a mate, as I am to have Krahsujunth. The world needs more love and less judgment, don't you think? Especially in such trying times.

Jirkath was simply snubbed. She had nothing more to say to the bronze, too disgusted by his earlier comments to bother. He could argue his point all he wanted but it was flawed. Even if she chose the weakest among them, her children would still be strong -- because SHE was their mother! Hmph!

To Aveth, it appeared as if the bronze was still conserving his strength. She sent another wave of encouragement, but did not push. She did not wish to call him out, after all, and he didn't seem to want to speak.

Bronze Praetoth was sent another wave of pleasure and delight. Mmm. Strength is certainly a good trait. There is no doubt you would make an excellent protector, and an excellent asset to the lineage of High Reaches. Are there other traits you might wish to call my attention to, besides physical prowess? It was almost a tease, and perhaps, of course, a test.

The bronze Reyinath confessed that he was here for another! Sending him a bugle of joy, the queen was nothing but encouraging. Then I hope you are able to do so! Impress him, and once you have him, don't let go. If he's meant for you, then I bless you, this joyous day.

The brown Lireloth was still far behind, but that didn't bother the golden queen. Instead, she sent him encouragement in the form of a gentle burst of laughter and fondness, almost akin to a caress. How wise of you to conserve your strength... and to avoid my beloved's ire. Such fine qualities. Is there nothing I can do to encourage you closer? There was time yet....

Ah, sweet Zijianth. The queen could not help but be pleased by his desire for a clutch. She understood not every dragon on Pern would get such an opportunity. She could grant this bronze his wish... She did not doubt he would support the clutch. But would he oust Krahsujunth from his role? Hmm. Still, she sent the bronze a wave of pleasure and delight. Then fly on Zijianth! Catch me if you can, and I will make your dreams of fatherhood come true. But you must share in such a role, must share with my Krahsujunth. Would you be able to handle such a request? No reason not to ask.

The brown Dobrokhoth also wove sweet words. His desire for a clutch did not fall on deaf ears, and the queen trilled in pleasure. She was touched that the brown even confessed to possibly, potentially, stepping back into the limelight -- to allow Krahsujunth what he wanted and desired. Fianth was unsure how she would treat the clutch father... but Dobrokhoth was kind. Oh, sweet Dobrokhoth. You paint such a pretty picture -- but do not necessarily need to paint yourself out of it should you win. I am certain you would make an excellent choice. There is never too much love to give young hatchlings.

Iptoneth's words calmed any last uncertainty and disgruntlement she had. Mostly. Not every bronze was Yisketh, after all.... though it was ironic that her ex-mate had wound up catching Ariath as well. She could not help but feel protective of her golden kin who had been done wrong by many.... and yet, had her mate flying high above the peaks. Perhaps it had simply been instinct driving him. I know your hearts were in the right place... I have no doubt Ariath will provide you with a large clutch someday. Fly well, Iptoneth, but if you need return to your Queen, or follow her to where she left, I would not begrudge such a thing. So long as Ariath was not here, Fianth did not mind. Love was love, after all, and she had plenty left to choose if necessary.

Nessuth was given a surge of warmth and amusement -- but also interest. If you've flown long and far, then I suspect his flight will be an ease! A bit longer, a bit farther... Surely, a strong brown like you won't mind? He was impressive... but he was also Krahsujunth's ledgemate. All interesting things to consider as she flew.

Bronze Rynsaith was nothing but sweet! The queen practically glowed at his praise, and sent him a gentle stroke of encouragement. How sweet of you, Rynsaith! But you need not be jealous. I am certain you will find someone to make your hearts sing! There is ample love in High Reaches, and beyond.... I have no doubt you will find a happily-ever after!

The large brown Mharlith was sent a gentle caress up his back, and a surge of joy and pleasure. The big brown was certainly impressive, and very kind. Physically, he was imposing, and his big wings could certainly keep hatchlings safe. Hmmm. A protective brown, are you, sweet Mharlith? Would you support all of them, regardless of color? Would you love them, even if the title of father might need be shared? A curious question, but an important one to the golden queen.

The bronze Vagarath was sent a wave of sympathy, and a stroke of affection for good measure. While she did not mind how Krah tore through the skies, attacking those who drew too near, she was also not entirely heartless. Who among htem would persevere? Who among them needed to be coddled? He is a fierce creature. I suppose I have a soft spot for such protectiveness, such strength.. I have faith you will manage, even with a few battle wounds. And such wounds, I've heard, can be quite fetching. But if I need call him off, simply say as much, kind Vagarath. I would rather you not fall from the skies, for it is you, who should be catching me... not the other way around! It was a gentle tease, a burst of humor and mirth through her words. She knew he was more hardy than all that, after all.

Brown Avroth was putting up a show of it, and she purred at him, urging him on. Your best is all I could ever ask for, Avroth. No more, no less. I have faith in your skill and your aerial prowess. The flight is not over, after all...

Rixth and his smooth words made the queen laugh. She let it flow over the other, like water over rocks, and she encouraged him to continue the pursuit. I like to know all my suitors, Rixth. What might you tell me that I might never forget? What about you might make you a cut above the rest?

Irath was doing well enough, and the queen was pleased. Quite true, quite true. How good of all my suitors to be so pleasant... with only but a few irritants among them. Do you love to dance, Irath? Might you show me some of your skills?

Ihiannsith's words amused the gold. Ah, but it was such a joy, such a time to be alive. There's nothing wrong with being so full of bulk. It was almost a purr, though her good humor was mixed within her words. I am not so bulky as all that... But a closer look might indeed be nice. If only she could entice him closer.

The musical Argoth was given a happy trill. How delightful! Another poet . .. though her beloved Krah was a more well versed Harper, if she did biasedly think herself. Still, Argoth was a singer, and such creativity might do well on her future clutch. It was almost as if Krah's own talents could be passed down. Do you take requests, Harper? Might you craft me something sweet, something to make my hearts sing? It is a day of love, a day of joy... And your music sounds divine!

Zioneth was getting into an awful amount of trouble back there. Still, she sent the brown a wave of humor and intrigue. While he might be in trouble with some of the dragons, he had never actually done anything offensive. He was an outlier, an outsider, and someone who might not bother Krahsujunth or herself. Still... A little fuss and fight was common, and she would let him get out of the mess, or see if he could. You don't seem well liked.... but I suppose how they feel about you doesn't matter, does it? The only one whose opinion matters this day is my own. And, of course, Krahsujunth. Fight strong, and fly strong. I have no doubt you're clever enough to get out of any mess you find yourself in.

Tinserath was given a happy croon, and a wave of encouragement. Surprises? Well, she was a queen who liked surprises. How sweet of you, Tinserath. Emotions do run high...but I think the clouds have helped cool my head. Now, what surprises do you have in store for me, hmm? Shall I be thoroughly amazed and shocked? She teased, her laughter as sweet as honey.

Oboteth was a bit of a surprise. To suddenly be shown a clutch, but that of another Queen, meant mixed feelings washed over her. On the one hand, to see such adorable blue babies, little Krahs, had her hearts practically burst with desire. On the other hand, these were Oboteths, and would not, and would never be, Krahsujunth's. The knowledge that she could not claim her beloved blue was like a blow, but she kept the pain deep within. Now was a time for joy, after all... Not regret. This was what it was. There are a few here who have been Father's.... but many who have not. Would it not be more generous and kind to offer one who has not fathered a clutch, than to choose one who has? You do make a handsome brood....

Ah, but what to do. There was something alluring knowing that Oboteth might step aside. He clearly could woo other queens. Hmph. But no, she would not think of other golds -- why were so many sending her such reminders!?

Picassath was sent a smile, and a bright burst of support. If you are giving 100%, then that is all I need! Let us see how well you do, and where such effort takes you! Surely, if the dragon wished to win, he would have to give nothing less.

Lennoth seemed more interested in speaking to her beloved than herself. Well, she would not interrupt! Krahsujunth was a handsome and fierce blue -- why shouldn't any one of them wish to talk to him? Even if they might find him at their throats...

Hinburth and Severith she continued to keep an eye upon. But as the two had nothing more to say to her, it allowed her time to focus.

Swerving around the mountains, cutting tight corners (for a gold), and surging onward, Fianth was not at all finished! She had energy to spare, even as she flew due northwest, over the mountains, slowly but surely, starting to gain altitude once more. If she wanted a good clutch, she needed to fly high. But not yet.... The game had only just begun.

- - - -

Please roll Dexterity + Strength + Stamina! She's taking y'all on a mountain retreat. Who doesn't love the pine filled peaks, the cool air, the craggy walls, the stone to fly into....

1. Strength 25 + Speed 10 = 35 // 26
2. Strength 25 + Dexterity 12 + Wits 10 = 47 / 1
3. Dexterity 12 + Strength 25 + Stamina 25 = 62 / 27

Total: 54

- - -
The Pack
Krahjusunth: 63
Silmarath: 63
Dobrokhoth: 59
Mharlith: 55
Fianth: 54
Nessuth: 52
Tinserath: 52
Kalikath: 50
Soheith: 49
Meigth: 47
Irath: 46
Lennoth: 46
Zijianth: 43
Jirkath: 41
Vagarath: 40
Rynsaith: 37
Oboteth: 37
Ihiannsith: 36
Praetoth: 35
Rixth: 35
Picassath: 34
Hinburath: 34
Elzebuth: 32
Zioneth: 29
Garganth: 26
Gareth: 19
Iptoneth: 19
Argoth: 18
Aveth: 17
Severith: 13
Lireloth: 12

Reyinath: ??? Somewhere above 35.
Avroth: ??? Somewhere above a 9

- - - -
Fianth's stats
Rising Gold: +55
Between 6-20 turns: +10
Fit: +10 points
Blooding Bonus: +10
Total: 85

Strength: 25
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 28
Wits: 10

faesinger

houllow

Tsunake

tatterpixie

Mr Cheri

Shaddaling

ChaosTheories

Meepfur

Andranis

BastetAmun

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel

magnadearel

Smerdle

AstoriaFallen

medigel

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Strawberri Stardust

stella cinere

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Sinders Path

Revel1984

Thaliawen

Nilah44

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 40 ... 8!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:20 pm
Garganth's trumpet of surprise, of revelation, left Krahsujunth snorting. Had it not been obvious? For shame. The blue was amused, but just very very slightly concerned—he would have to make sure to be more open in his devotions for his perfect golden love. Though, then again, the bronze seemed to be a bit on the dim side. Tough, experienced, but...slow. On the wing and in the mind. Still, he was not a bad sort. Nor, perhaps, a bad choice.

His musings were interrupted as he was forced to tangle with Soheith again. For a moment they were locked together, both with teeth sunk into the other's neck, twisting through the air like eagles locked in battle. Though while the bronze resisted the urge to wrench and rip, the blue felt no such compulsion. The pain of the bite was an echo of turns and turns of battles in the air with Yisketh, and he snarled around the mouthful of flesh, digging his fangs in deeper. Do you think I failed to hear your first warning, bronze? You scold me like an errant child, so now I will warn you. These skies are mine, by the grace of all the goodness in her heart, Fianth has deigned to be mine, though Faranth herself only knows why. I will do anything for her, for this clutch, to ensure its sire has strength to match my beloved’s. His words were violent, impassioned, and at last he wrenched himself free of the tangle, taking no chunk, but leaving deep holes weeping ichor behind.

He had others to contend with, and he carved a trail of flinches and roars and aches through the sky. Nessuth too proved bold enough to strike back, and the blue let slip a low grunt as the brown's tail slammed into his side, shaking his head and worrying where he bit before releasing his ledgemate. The brown and he were nearly matched in size, and he regarded Ness for a long moment before whirling away again. Do not fear, brother, you know I'll not take more than my due...!

And take he did, sinking tooth and claw into a number of other suitors who dared too close, or blocked his view of their mutual interest. Some were ninble enough to duck away. Others were not so lucky. He paused when he heard Lennoth’s words, a seemingly genuine wish...and snarled, twisting at last, pivoting with as much speed as his bulk allowed—compared to many up here he may as well have swung ‘round on a wingtip—to plummet down like a blue bolt into the band of clouds after his hearts’ mate. He would not be counted out, just because of his color, again! As long as his wings had strength and his lungs breath, he would fight to break this tradition. It may never come to pass, but the day he stopped trying would be the day he was no longer worthy of Fianth’s love.

And what a love it was. He lacked the weight of larger brutes, and his descent was slower than it might have been; when Fianth’s touch and inflaming thoughts reached him, like a rogue wave swamping the shore to clutch it close and meld together, he was still nearly invisible, thick clouds wound round him, only to at last break off in faint pale streaks when, trumpeting ecstacy and pride, he erupted from the other side after her.

My Fianth, they could wrench my wings from their sockets and still I would fly, just for a glimpse of your grace and splendor! Should I lose every fang to the thick hide of my rivals, still it would be worth the battle for your notice, my most treasured one! The image of them both, falling, twined, spurred him on, and he drove with increased furvor at any who had the misfortune to pass between him and the queen sliding like molten gold, fresh from the forge, between the craggy peaks. You need simply to be, my darling, his voice dropped to a tender whisper, just for her, Simply to be, and that alone is more than enough to impress me. You alone have seen me, Fianth. Taken me for my hearts and not my hide. I cannot paint myself brown or bronze for you, but you have never made me feel the need to. You have seen inside me, to where it all is only black and white, and considered that enough. Impress me? Fianth, you shatter me. And even if our dream cannot be, that we share the dream at all is worth the fight to try to reach for it. To reach for you.

-----------------------------

KRAHSUJUNTH'S STATS
Strength: 12
Speed: 18
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 18
Wits: 13
Bonus +10 to all rolls

Rolls: 22+41+18+X+X=81

Beware Krahsujunth!
Danger zone: Roll of 11-25 OR total score of 71-91

If you roll in this range, roll an additional D4 and check your results below!
1 - The furious blue comes streaking towards you, claws outstretched! You manage to duck out of the way of his strike, but it costs you a bit of movement. -2 to total score.

2 - Pain lances through you as Krahsujunth's teeth sink into a softer patch of flesh. You trumpet alarm and manage to pull free, but you've fallen a bit behind in the process! -6 to total score.

3. Out of nowhere the blue swoops in, flying right into your path. For a moment you think you can duck around him, then CRACK! Like a whip his tail snaps out, striking across your snout! -3 to total score.

4. You edge a bit too near to the blue for his liking, and he snarls a warning at you. Thankfully, another rival catches his eye at just that moment, and you're spared the feel of his claws...for now.

ShinosBee

Nerd

houllow generated a random number between 1 and 48 ... 12!

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm
The words of the blue stung almost nearly as much as the bite to his flesh, and even though he'd tempered his rage and allowed such abuse - was he even allowing? No, it was something that would happen to him regardless, as it was clear this blue would tolerate no one. His words would not be received well no matter how he spoke them, and to try again would mark him a fool.

An even larger fool who, apparently, was either being considered or pitied by the fair queen he chased. Her offer to call of her mate was met with...confusion. For whose sake was she offering? Surely not the blue - such a proud and powerful dragon likely did not need protection. For him then? Was her concern for him that strong, or was she simply trying to save his pride? Such an act of (perceived) kindness from her warmed his hearts.

Fair sun, there is no need. Yours is truly a wonderful dragon, powerful and proud. Although I am causing - His thoughts were interrupted once more by action from the mighty blue, and he winced both physically and mentally as a tail struck him squarely on the face. It hurt less than the ache and spilling of ichor from his throat, and he made a small vow to just.....well. I...am causing the both of you strife, it is an honor to be here. To fly after you, alongside him, is...an experience. For someone who tripped over his words, usually, he felt fairly eloquent.

Part of him still wanted to bite Krah on the neck and rip out a chunk of flesh, but it was not his place. This was not his Weyr, but that didn't stop him from snapping his jaws at the tail as it retreated. There was no warning though, the blue had spoken truth - it was wrong of him to command or threaten or anything. O'tas, were he properly able to listen, would have been displeased.

++

And speaking of O'tas, the rider had to restrain himself from grabbing Olliah's hand as it touched his chest. While he wasn't quite as overcome with flightlust - yet - it was clear the Weyrwoman Second was channeling more and more. So many people had gathered about the pair, and even though O'tas hadn't really participated in any Flights recently he still understood there was some....rules.

Maybe?

Uta
speaking to fianth/olliah

ShinosBee
snapping at krah

-------------------------------

NPC Bronze Soheith, of O'tas

Soheith: Soft and peaceful, he is a small bronze who is often mistaken for a larger brown. Contented to follow, yet lead when needed, he does not hesitate to defend when pushed. Fancies himself a protector, but only in some cases. Was hurt during Threadfall, but has recovered enough to chase.

O'tas: Mid-forties. Often volunteers himself in places that don't need help. Currently helping with chores, because he feels it's the least he could do to thank the Weyr. A little sheepish. Probably still a virgin? Very awkward.

SOHEITH'S STATS:
Base points for bronze: 45pts
-30 turns: +10 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points
-Unaffiliated: +1
-Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts
POINT TOTAL: 71 points

Strength: 18
Dexterity: 8
Stamina: 22
Wits: 13

round 1 21 [ speed + strength = 28 ] ( danger zone hit: -3 ) 18
round 2 37 [ strength + dex + wits = 39 ] ( danger zone hit: -6 ) 31
round 3 12 [ dex + strength + stamina = 48 ] ( danger zone hit: -3 ) 9

total : 58  
houllow rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:06 pm
[ please leave the krahnger zone, sohieth ]  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 40 ... 28!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:08 pm
For that chance, for that greatest of treasures, I would do anything, the bronze pledged, hope flaring in his hearts alongside desire. He had but to prove himself worthy of the honor of catching her, and he could have the most precious of all things! That hope drove him onward, to follow as best he could as she fell from the height she had climbed to, only to lead them near the peaks of the mountains. He was not typically a dragon who shared readily with just anyone, but if he had to choose between sharing and not having something at all, then he would choose the former without hesitation. And who knew? Perhaps, in time, Krahsujunth could be a friend, and he might gain another brother through all this.

No sooner had that thought crossed his mind, though, than the blue came streaking towards him, forcing him to duck to the side and skim dangerously close to a rocky outcropping. Zijianth snapped his teeth after the other male, though it was not a true attempt to strike, and his jaws closed on nothing but empty air. There was an amiable edge to the irritation, like a 'playful' but no less rough punch to the arm from a human giving their friend a hard time.

A'ryx clenched his teeth when his dragon clacked his jaw, and became no less tense when Olliah reached to pull him in closer, told him not to be shy. His reflex was to grip her arm, wrap long fingers around her wrist - not too hard, not enough to keep her from pulling away if she wished, but mid-Flight, it was hard to suppress the instinct to catch when given such...encouragement, even if it was only slight. "Just as well there is no need to be shy," he replied, soft voice low, "When there are so many other needs..."

---

Zijianth's Stats
Base points for bronze: 45pts
Between 6-15 turns: +7 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
A High Reaches resident: +5pts
Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts
Total: 72

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 16
Wits: 14
Strength+Dexterity+Stamina=40

First Roll: 22-3=19
Second Roll: 24
Third Roll: 28-2=26
Current Total: 69

Meepfur rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:09 pm
Danger roll for Ziji~  

Meepfur
Crew

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 40 ... 21!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:10 pm
Fianth was a playful gold, that much was certain, and Lireloth gave a delighted trill as she dove down, down, down to the mountains below them like a shining stone. He folded his wings against his body to give chase, letting gravity do the work so he could save his strength. He did enjoy a gold who wasn't haughty or high and mighty and Fianth certainly fit that perfectly. She was kind and sweet and loyal to her mate, that much was clear, but she was also a tease, a challenge, and he loved it.

As she unfurled her wings he did as well, staying a bit above her and behind to track her movements easier. He swerved around mountain peaks, shadowing her movements until she spoke to him. It was then that he pushed a bit harder, catching up as he had planned on doing. Now that the flight was well under way he could afford to spend some energy.

Your teasing is reason enough to come closer, Fianth, he said in his own wry tone, a mental caress followed by a little nudge joining his words. I do hope to catch your eye among all those gathered. I know I won't surpass Krah, but I'll accept second bes-

As if saying the blue's name had summoned him, a blue streak rocketed towards Lireloth. The brown acted on instinct, shifting to dive, but the powerful forked tail caught him squarely between his eyes, his words cutting off as the crack of hide hitting hide echoed in the little valley they were flying through. It stunned him enough that his wings stuttered a bit, making him lose just a bit of speed and perhaps a bit of pride. Where on Pern had that dragon come from?!

Crackdust, but he's everywhere at once! he exclaimed, lifting a front paw to rub at the aching spot between his eyes.

---

Base points for brown: 40pts
Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts

Total points: 67

Strength: 11
Stamina: 19
Wits: 9

Round 1: 8
Round 2: 4
Round 3: 21 - 3
Total: 30  
SilverLutz rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:12 pm
Finally a danger roll for Lireloth!  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 36 ... 7!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:13 pm
Oh, she was falling! Dobrokhoth had not expected that, and bugled in surprise as he dove to follow - down, down close to the mountains. Rather dangerously close! The dusty brown cut it perhaps a bit too close in his attempt to be flashy, and thought he banked away at the last moment, he did so just a little too sharply, and could feel the muscles in his wing protest. But it was fine! It would be fine! He kept on anyway, brushing away the ache and allowing desire to take his mind off of it. The knowledge that, if chosen, he need not step completely aside, thrilled through him, and he trumpeted, driving forward again. They would not lack for love, I can promise you that! With the three of us to look out for them, they would surely lack for nothing. They would be strong, and good, and the finest High Reaches has ever seen!

Even as M'yk arrived, finding it so odd that there were so few, others reached Olliah as well. If she'd had quite this crowd to start, he'd have been more likely to hold to his resolve and continue past, satisfied that she would have the regard she was due, but now that he was here and she'd noticed him, he couldn't just go, even if the more rational part of him might have favored that. Still, logic also supplied that he and his dragon were each unlikely choices, whatever happened, so he could linger with little risk, and slip safely away once a conclusion was reached.

The rest of him, though, caught up with Dobrokhoth, appreciated the purr in the goldrider's voice, and clenched his teeth when others touched her, regarding them with a different sort of disapproval than he ordinarily would have. He nodded stiffly in acknowledgement, but found he had little to say - this was definitely not his area of expertise. What did finally leave his lips had the edge of a growl to it. "Whatever you need, ma'am."

Uptight, much? But he hadn't done this in turns.

---

Dobrokhoth's Stats
Base points for brown: 40pts
Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts (unless you're foreign. hiss!!)
Total: 67

Strength: 10
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 11
Wits: 17
Stength+Dexterity+Stamina=36

First Roll: 24
Second Roll: 37-2=35
Third Roll: 7
Current Total: 66

tatterpixie generated a random number between 1 and 55 ... 44!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:25 pm
Aveth saw Fianth suddenly plummet toward the ground, and with a roar he too tucked his wings and plunged downward in pursuit. He didn't care if he caught her or not -- it was the thrill of the chase that he was in it for! Ah, clever girl! You take after your mother!

Meanwhile, R'nar allowed the flight lust to carry him where it would. He didn't know whom he would end up with, and he didn't care. It was all good times as far as he was concerned!

~~~~~

Bronze Aveth's Stats
Bronze: 45pts
44 Turns: +10pts
Fit/Motivated: +10pts
HR resident: +5pts
Respectful: +5pts
Total = 75 pts

Strength: 20
Stamina: 20

Roll 1: [Strength + Speed] 13/30 - DANGER ZONE 0 = 13
Roll 2: [Strength + Dexterity + Wits] 4/45 - DANGER ZONE 0 = 4
Roll 3: [Dexterity + Strength + Stamina] 44/55 - DANGER ZONE 0 = 44
Total = 61

Aveth will not win this flight, even if he is a contender.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 52 ... 41!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:27 pm
Total: 72 Points

Stamina: 22

Strength + Speed = 30
-rolled a 7
Strength + Dexterity + Wits = 40
-rolled 18
Dexterity + Strength + Stamina = 52
Rolled 41

Total so far: 66

Then I look forward to seeing such a display! Stretch those wings, and impress me! Her words coursed through him, spurring him and with a burst of energy and a deep bellow of passion he soared into the sky after her with such ease that he flew ahead of her, folding his wings as he dipped and swooped in a mild show of his strength, stamina and agility. "Oh sweetest sun, I shall show you what I can do." He called out to her with a melodic croon.

T'nor on the other hand had been swept up in his dragons emotions, despite trying not to be and found himself no longer in the weyr but in the Weyrbowl, as if he was being drawn to the golds rider like his bronze was being drawn to the gold. It was like he was an extension of the winged beast, it wasn't a bad thing though.

It would seem he wasn't the only one that was drawn to the Gold's rider and he couldn't help but let out a laugh in humor. It was as if they were the dragons themselves and he found it entertaining how connected everyone truly was.

Uta

TheWishling generated a random number between 1 and 37 ... 28!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 pm
Fianth, Glittering bright Star, I will show you all of who I am just for a chance to catch your lovely self, for you, and for your Blue beloved. Krah mattered to Nessuth just as much as the Gold did, and as she dropped, he just barely dodged out of the way of Krah's claws, shooting up for just a second before tucking his wings and plummeting after her. When his wings snapped open to allow him to follow, muscled legs had to launch him off one peak, little trouble. He'd done stunts like this over and over again. To Krah, he let a reassured mind brush, You hold her hearts, but it is with all that I am that I try to catch tonight. You may take your due, but you will not stop me. This was the mercenary that he used to be, without thought of anything but the end goal. This, THIS was worth all his effort.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nessuth's Stats:
Strength: 12
Speed: 16
Dexterity: 11
Stamina: 14
Wits: 14

R1: 21
R2: 31
R3: 26

TOTAL: 78

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
TheWishling rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:38 pm
[DANGER WILL ROBINSON!]  
BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 45 ... 10!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:40 pm
Bronze Gareth of A'dras

Fianth's words as she plummeted from the clouds caught Gareth's eye, the bronze turning to follow her, a protective urge to catch her, to keep her from crashing against the ground. Her laughter followed after her, infectious just as her joy was to him. Folding his own wings tight against his body, Gareth's bulk allowed him to fall like a stone after her.

Ah, but that bulk that made him fall like a stone was not that great at stopping the fall as quick as the beautiful Fianth was. The peaks were coming in too quick, great wings were hurled out to try and try and catch the wind, to slow the falling down and stop it completely. The effect, however, as that Gareth was too close to the peaks of the mountain. His front claws skidded against the rocks, though his back left leg hit one of the peaks, causing a hiss of pain to slip out of him.

That is...very kind of you. His words came tensely, from the pain he was fighting back in his back leg. He was forcing it to the back of his mind, he would feel it later for sure, but right now Fianth needn't worry herself with any aches of pains her suitors found themselves with. He was stronger then this, smarter then his as well, but he had been so caught up in chasing her. You are quite right, Fianth. While the old ways do have their place, Golds were made to lead, after all, it does not mean some things should not change, especially if it is not causing any problem.

Uta

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Gareth: A very logical bronze who has a strategic mind. A very humble dragon.

About A'dras: Will be at his weyr with his weyrmate.

Gareth
Strength: 15
Speed: 15
Stamina: 15
Wits: 15

Round One: Strg + Spd; 15 + 15 = 30 / 11
Round Two: Strgh + Dex; 15 + 15 = 30/8
Round Three: Dex + Strgh + Stm; 15 + 15 +15 = 45/10

Total 29  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 11!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:42 pm
NPC Gr'm and bronze Praetoth

Through the clouds, Praetoth had shot past where Fianth had truly been. The bronze had thought she was ahead of him, still in the air, but no, she had stayed back, allowing many of her suitors to charge ahead of her. There was a pause, as the bronze hovered for a moment, whirling purple eyes looking around for wherever the queen could have gone, and then, she was falling.

In an instant, or at least as soon as he had noticed her falling, the bronze had tucked his wings alongside his body. He angled himself, falling down after her, eyes focused on only her. The urge to catch her grew stronger, now mingled in with an urgent need to keep harm from her. The mountain and it's peaks were drawing nearer, and a tinge of fear flashed in with the whirling purple.

As soon as Fianth threw her wings out, arresting her descent, Praetoth followed her lead, though he easily felt his wing joints pulled as he did so, but it kept him from crashing into the mountain below. Her words found him and made him pause some, listening to her, she was teasing, she was happy but, he wondered what else was great about him aside from his strength. Gr'm would normally be ready to help the bronze at a time like this but, he was preoccupied himself.

Brawn is my best quality. There was some hesitation as he let his mind reach for her again. I am not as agile as your beloved, nor as smart as many other bronze's, nor am I as charismatic as the young brown.. As he had been wondering this, his speed as dwindled down, his mind working hard to find an answer for the lovely queen. Then, in an instant, he surged forward, confidence boosting through him. I am loyal! I cannot stand for injustices against those who cannot stand up for themselves!

Ah, but perhaps his words or his sudden speed did not please her love. A flash of blue caught his attention from the corner of his eye and Praetoth moved to get out of the way. While the blue did not end up crashing into him, his tail snapped him right on the snout. Red flecked the purple whirl of his eyes and Praetoth snapped at the one tail fork, ichor streaming from the whip-like cut now upon his snout. Admirable that you seek to weed out those who are unworthy of your golden lady. But, if you think I will simply lay down when you attack, you are mistaken. There was a glee hidden within his words, a longing urge to strike, to see the blue's own ichor, more for the urge and competition of a fight with the large blue, then an urge for harming him.

-------------------------------------------

Dark eyes watched Olliah with the other men, Gr'm felt an urge to rip her away, take her in his own arms, but that was easily suppressed, as he knew where it was coming from. Watching as she danced from one man to the next, he felt himself stand straighter then he already was, when she neared him. Her fingers brushed against him, the simple gesture pleasurable and leaving him aching for more, especially she she pulled away, though her words made him turn his head, wondering if he had done something to displease her, especially with that hiss she had let out.

Uta

ShinosBee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Praetoth: The essence of a protector, Praetoth is built like a stone wall. A strong willed bronze who cares about protecting and keeping others safe. He has no time for those who put others in harms way, especially when they make stupid decisions.

About Gr'm: A strong and silent type. Gr'm has been at High Reaches now since Thread returned, but he spent much of his younger time as a mercenary before, and after he impressed Praetoth. Going back to the weyr was strange, but he is slowly getting used to it again.

Praetoth's Stats
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 18
Wits: 15

Round One: Strg+Spd; 20+10=30/7
Round Two: Strgh + Dex; 20 + 12 = 32/28
Round Three: Dex + Strgh + Stam; 12 + 20 + 18=50/11; Out of nowhere the blue swoops in, flying right into your path. For a moment you think you can duck around him, then CRACK! Like a whip his tail snaps out, striking across your snout! -3 to total score.

Total: 46-3=43  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces