Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:43 pm
"Haha, no worries Toyoko-san. It would've been nice if my eye was lost saving all Rokugan, though, I won't deny that. So, Toyoko-san, how has the competition been treating you so far? Are you enjoying it?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:24 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 4:

Her eyes lighting up and not waiting for her tea, she went into her own excited report. "It's going great! I didn't win the Shugenja competition like everyone expected me to, though I haven't won any yet. But I met this Crane named Doji Koan... he's really sweet, deep down. He likes poetry and art and going on walks and is interested about me and my clan and he's just so great! Not a lot of other samurai seem to care for him, but they can't get past the facade he has to make himself seem unyielding. But I can tell its just a cover, he's really caring and sensitive deep down! He cares about the empire and his clan and... and me! He's really honorable and he speaks so eloquently and he listens so much better than most men, who just like to focus on our figures, like that Unicorn man kept doing."

Pausing, she would redden and hold her hands out in front of her defensively. "Ah! I don't mean you would do that, Matsu-san!" She would suddenly laugh somewhat cheerfully, trying to cover up her embarrassment.

"But the Elemental Council made me come to this tournament and sent my brother Sosuke to watch over me. I'm kind of not all that interested in competing, but I was going to because I didn't expect to have anything else to focus on. I mean, I know its my duty and all, but I'm so glad I met Koan-kun! I've never met a Crane before but they really are kinda good looking, and I didn't think one would be interested in me! But Koan-kun, he's just so... he's so interested in me, and he's just so interesting himself!"

Suddenly, a bit redder, Toyoko would correct herself. "Not saying you wouldn't be interesting yourself, Matsu-san! I'm sure you're very interesting! I keep meaning to come visit Kyumi-chan and I'm sure when I do we'll have more time to get to know one another!"

She would nervously press her index fingertips together, looking downward humbly. "But I wouldn't mind... well, getting married. Sosuke had his marriage arranged though they hadn't wed yet before the accident, but I was given the freedom to pick my own husband, and I really want it to be Koan-kun. He treats me so well, and I know it has only been a few days but we've really connected. I haven't brought the matter up to him yet, but I hope he'll say yes, or at least consider it! Do you think he would be happy with a Phoenix shugenja like me? I'm not sure how well you know Koan-kun, but he's really important, being a governer's son and all, so you probably have at least heard about him. A few of the other samurai have been trying to discourage our relationship, like that monk I had tea with in the second round. But its really none of his business, he doesn't know Koan-kun, and he was really insistent that I not spend time with Koan-kun. But I think he's just a grumpy old man and he's just jealous that I'm in love and he's not. What do you think of Koan-kun, Matsu-san? Isn't he so great?"

{Etiquette [Conversation] roll of 6}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:45 am
@Shogi Competition

"Leaving it to the fortunes in strategy is a bit of a paradox Hogai-san but go on roll to the fortunes." Replied Kagae unwilling to disappoint his friend.  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 10 Total: 16 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 am
"Well, truth be told, I care little about the Crane, given my family's history. However, this Koan fellow sounds like a nice guy, and he's making you happy. I see no reason to believe he means you harm. But Toyoko-san, I wouldn't just dismiss Kan-san's advice. From what I gathered from my Ceremony with him, he had a bad time with a relationship once. He only wanted to help you, that is all. While you are free to marry whomever you want, Koan might not have that liberty. What would happen if he were to be married off to another woman? There are many things to consider, Toyoko-san. If it works though, then it will be something to celebrate!"

Seichiro tested the water, and once it was hot enough, he would hold the teakettle a bit towards her. "Would you care for some tea, Toyoko-san?"

[[2k2 untrained Etiquette]]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Rain Yupa rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:38 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

"If the die I roll comes up Earth, then I will lead the charge. If it comes up North or Rice, you shall lead the troops against my defenses." Grinning, he would toss the die into the air, and watch how it landed...

{Result: Rice!}

"Looks like you're on the offensive, Kagae-san! Make it a good battle!" Hogai would respond, taking up his dice and returning it with the rest of the set.  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 2, 2, 10 Total: 18 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:50 pm
@Shogi Competition
"I would hope so" responded Kagae taking the initiative and moving a rook to the front of his lines in hopes of pressuring or confusing from the start.

"Are you much of a gambling man Hogai-san? I understand that warriors on duty do a lot of waiting so it is understandable if you kept things exciting by gambling. Even if the fighting isn't exciting enough."

(Calling two raises banking one raising hogai's tn by 5. 5k3 Battle vs tn15 Result: 17 (Just keeping an extra dice instead of sploding) )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 1 banked raise.
Hida Hogai has 0 banked raises.

Hogai would let out an audible chuckle. "Oh, very much so, Kagae-san. Long, uneventful nights on the wall will lead to such extracurricular activities. For the most part, its storytelling, dice, or drinking, and any wise commander won't permit the third while on duty. How about yourself? If you ever feel like throwing some dice around and making a few bets, don't hesitate to ask. Only... for simple, innocent things though. At least, while we're out of our lands, that is..."

Hogai would begin by positioning his pawns in a more defensive formation to endure any attacks the enemy would make on his territory. {2 raises, 1 to increase Kagae's TN, 1 to bank; 28 vs TN 20}  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 8, 4, 9 Total: 37 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:49 pm
@Shogi Competition

"I'm not a gambling man Hogai-san. Leaving things to the fortunes does not bode well with me even then if I have time to gamble then I have time being useful. A Kaiu with spare time invites misfortune... Or so I have been told."

Kagae begun harrying attacks on the lines of pawns hoping that they will thin down somewhere for a breech through his lines.

(Calling two raises banking one raising hogai's tn by 5. 5k3 Battle vs tn20 Result: 33 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:37 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 2 banked raises.
Hida Hogai has 1 banked raises.

Hogai would try to rally his forces, to ensure that Kagae's men did not overcome their stalward nature! {2 raises, 1 to lower Hogai's TN, 1 to bank} 15 vs TN 25; Kagae gains a free banked raise!}  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 3, 3, 7 Total: 21 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:56 pm
@Shogi competition

A flaw! A chance! A breach in the line! Hopefully Hogai's men would not be ready for the spearhead driven in the gap to keep it open. During the next couple of turns he would attempt to feed pawns and rooks into that gap and capture as many pieces as possible.

(Using the free banked raise to lower my TN to 5, Then calling 2 raises to bank and increase Hogai's TN. Battle 5k3 vs 15. Result: 15 (WOO!) )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:07 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 3 banked raises.

"Hnnnngghh..." Hogai grumbled, looking thoughtful at the board for a minute. Now where did those pieces come from?

Hogai would try to re-fortify his position, trying to eliminate immediate threats to his important pieces! {spending banked raise to lower his TN, then raising once to increase Kagae's TN; 13 vs TN 20, Kagae gains a banked raise!}  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 7, 7 Total: 21 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:12 pm
@Shogi competition

Hogai was too slow to respond to the breech in his defenses and has paid dearly as the stronger units hiding in the pawns struck out causing even further devastation to any remaining pawns and the pieces they were guarding.

(Using the free banked raise to increase Hogai's TN. Then calling 2 raises to bank. Battle 5k3 vs 15. Result: 17 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:10 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 5 banked raises.

Hogai would suddenly be scrambling to be on damage control. A lucky move by a knight captured one of the offending pieces and bought the Hida some time! {1 raise, 27 vs TN 25, Hogai's TN is lowered by 5!}  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 9, 8, 9 Total: 38 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:15 pm
@Shogi Competition

Kagae noticed Hogai's damage control and tried to keep it in check by wheeling forces around and reassembling some formations.

(Calling 2 raises 1 to bank and 1 to raise Hogai's TN. 5k3 Battle vs TN 15. Result: 26 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:16 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 4:

First check: Matsu Seichiro gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

Toyoko would immediately correct Seichiro, trying to eliminate any doubt in the likelihood that her happiness will be everlasting. "Oh, Koan-kun has been given the right to take the hand of whomever he chooses; we have already discussed that matter! Though, just because Kan had a run of bad luck, doesn't mean he should take it out on me..." She would sigh audibly and lower her gaze to the tea, prior to Seichiro even bringing it up.

"If we are supposed to be having a tea ceremony, I suppose it would be a good idea, wouldn't it? What kind of tea are you preparing, anyways?" she would ask intently, leaning forward slightly to peek.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games