Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:18 pm
Plague has laid me low, but I yet live.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:54 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
I took the initiative and made four 5e characters. More like updated Cade and Hatchet, made a human fighter, and made Ruin a halfling hexblade warlock.

What? He is short and is too easy just to recon it and say he was lying about being a tiefling and has been using Disguise Self to appear as one.

All have been made to level 5(seem like an easy point to adjest from if we go higher or lower) DM approval would be needed for Hatchet and the human, as they are using UA stuff. The other two have been built to my understanding of ADventure League rules(2 books max and standard array).

Pathfinder and 3.5 characters are next up. I need to reread their character creation bits.

I mean, if we are going on power tier:
5e level 3-7 is your 1-10 in 4e
5e level 8-14 is your 11-20 in 4e
5e level 14-20 is your 21-30 in 4e

So we'd probably still just be level 7 or 8 if we converted.
As for UA content, as long as you steer clear of homebrew and certain problem children that were rewritten or reclassified (looking at you tranquility monk) and ones that have a big hatred like Brute, UA isn't that bad.

Several of them made it into books already, and I feel as if there will be another class book coming out soon.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:07 am
The human is a remade Rhaun; Variant Human Battle Master Fighter with a UA Class Feature swap that gives a Superiority Dice and Maneuvers for the cost of the fighter's normal Fighting Style choice. With the Martial feat that gives the same. And an ability to swap maneuvers on a long rest. Lame, I know... but, I would be with 6 S.Dice and 6 Maneuvers at level 3.

The pdf with the UA Features.

Hatchet was the Revised Ranger, Hunter conclave, with Bountiful Luck feat. But, I think I will pull him off the counter. I am not liking something about him, and I can't think of what it is. Possibly make a Celestial tome-lock in his place. I don't know yet...

But, being you brought it up, why is the Brute hated? On paper it seems like a modified Champion to me. Swaping flat additional damage die for better crit chance and a d6 bonus to saves. Hardly seems worthy of the ire I have seen.

Anyway, Pathfinder wise I am working on a Halfling Slayer. A switch hitter type of build to the party some ranging options.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:51 pm
Namely the ability to have a nat 20 death save kick in more often. If you have a paladin nearby you are officially unkillable, rising every turn, wreaking devastation, and going down again. You stack it with some other thinks, like being a half orc or such, and it gets maddening.

calculating things out it does an extra 36 dmg per round and also having more tanking power than any other fighter subclass, with virtually no team support or rp support.

So its a pure combat class that combats better than any other fighter and sucks at anything that isn't fighting.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:22 am
Just saying, being no one besides me and Pupsage voted. I changed my vote to yes for PF2. Not that it matters. That said, I will suggest we revert back to level one, or at least a lower one, for simplicity.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:37 pm
You can say that all you want.

The rest of us probably are suitably waiting for Kowa to propose the vote properly since he has final jurisdiction on what to vote on in case what we vote for is something he won't tolerate running.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:53 pm
Point taken.

I just assumed he was open for anything and was looking to us to suggest something we all would be good at playing. And that his silence meant he didn't disagree with the method used to limit the suggestion.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:55 pm
If we did switch I wouldn't want to start at level 1 again. I feel like Kuori finally came into her own. I'd likely do a bow fighter/ grave cleric, or a bow-lock. 5e ranger sucked though. Very situationally useful class.

I'd also be cool with a same world, different group scenario. Maybe everyone is a Demi or something and we all play X race, but alter our appearances.

Ie an aarakokra mechanically, but rp wise you are a halfling with Roc dna.
Or mechanically a goliath storm sorceror, but mechanically a human with cloud giant dna.
Or a yuanti pureblood wild sorceror who is a half elf with beholder dna.
Tabaxi Monk is a nekogirl
Yuanti warlock is a lamia
Centaur fighter is still a centaur
Lizardfolks ac bonus and canibalism is becaus they are bart slime
Firbolg is actually an arachnae drider thing, strong and invisibility
Minotaur? Naw, she is part ogre
Kenku? Velociraptor
Shifter? Lycan
Changling? Doppleganger
Revenant? Zombie

Okay, I want to plays this now.

Could be a fun campaign.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:34 pm
Psychofish

SCN_ Grey_fox

PupSage

Rain Yupa

Mongooseh

Oh, sorry, I was just letting you guys discuss what you think. If you guys want me to do an official poll I can do that. For now I'm just going to do my best to finish this arc out in 4th. If people were still interested I had one final Arc planned after this one to button everything up. We could use a different system on that one.

Managing life with toddlers has really slowed me down, so I'm sorry I haven't been as active with my adventure as before. To think when I started this I had zero children, now I have two. That's not to say I'm not going to finish this out properly though!

Tomorrow I'm going to move us through the night so If anyone wants to get any further interaction done or roll perception checks for their watches now is the time to do it. For those who don't roll I'll just use passive perception for their turn on watch.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:54 am
I only suggested level 1 because PF2 took the opposite route than 5e. I mean aside from a few features everything is mod-able though different types of feats. It has choices on choices with a side of choices.

On the topic of demi's
-A human Cleric or Sorcerer could have been fused with a genie, eliminating the need of the gift of a deity or bloodline.
-A small Scourge Aasimar light domain Cleric could have been a halfling fused with a Lantern Archon.
-A Changling Druid of the Moon, A poor phasm fused person who lost who he was and sought answers first among nature(I want to play him!)

Technically, if Kow approves, you could run that game. And bounce lore ideas off of each other. I mean look at what Lucus started with Star Wars, before Disney. How many books, comics, etc have evolved from a story of a galaxy far away. The two of you could make it the guild's own world setting.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:08 pm
Kowsauni

Since Ilikan's post is contingent on the result of his check, I will wait for your response before posting.

Psychofish

Can you do me a favor, and roll me a stealth? I want to compare it to my own perception check I rolled to see if I notice you coming up to me silently. I know the DM hates PC vs PC rolls but pretty please for the sake of RNG'd narrative?  
Psychofish rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 am
Not at my pc so I don't know Illikan's stealth bonus right now, but you can take this straight, or at -2 since he's approaching quietly but not actually attempting to sneak up on Revenge.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:23 am
Ilikan's Stealth bonus is +4 so your total would be 13.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:45 am
Kowsauni
Ilikan's Stealth bonus is +4 so your total would be 13.

Which is my perception so I'll notice him coming and feel bad that we must have woken him.

If it was higher, Revenge was going to panic that while on watch he didn't hear the Warden silently approach and rush to go check on Irene.

Remorse vs Panic. That's what I was deciding on.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:14 am
Kowsauni

Psychofish

I'll post after Psychofish, as his post was "he gets up earlier if he hears anything". I am monitoring for his response.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games