Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:06 pm
Joey blinked. "Everything...? That sure is...broad..." He looked around. "Very broad..."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:15 pm
Aoife gave a sheepish smile. "I guess, your right." She felt stupid.  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:24 pm
Joey looked around and sighed. "Well, I really haven't seen much of everything, anyways, so I guess you could say that I am ignorant, also." He shrugged and smiled. "Heh, we're just ignorant people!" He laughed.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:33 pm
Aoife joined in his laughter. "I guess more...specifically?..." She asked "I don't understand people's..." She tapped her temple.  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 pm
Joey stared at her, trying to understand. "Thoughts? Feelings?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:42 pm
"Yes. Thoughts." Aoife smiled. "Why people think to automatically not... trust others." She clasped her hands in frint of her as she laid back in the water. "I trust people until they prove I shouldn't."  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:52 pm
Liwa looked down at him amusedly. "That is certainly interesting," she said reflectively. "I will have to tell Radin about this - he will find it immensely amusing, I'm sure."

Shifting and ruffling her feathers slightly to help warm the half-asleep baby, she asked, "Is there anything else you wish to know, Joshua?" It was the first time she'd actually used his name in a comfortable manner, which was interesting. It seemed that despite her claim of being casual, griffins were actually quite formal.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:55 am
User Image

Joshua studied the build of the nest for a moment, thinking. "Do griffin's molt?" He asked curiously, looking up at Liwa. One of the myths was that griffin fletched arrows would fly true, regardless of anything. He was tempted to see if it was true. 'But there's no way I would pluck their feathers. Besides, I doubt I could.' He thought wryly.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

kkoreo6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:04 am
Violet swam into deeper waters away from the shore....
"I can't beleive I was stupid enough to come so closeto shore!"
she said to herself as she swam...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:01 am
Joey looked at the sky. "I don't trust people right off...To me, they must prove to me that I can trust them, so that I won't end up being hurt." He shrugged. "I am just like that because of my past, I guess."  

Drunken_Ninja08

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:55 pm
"Yes, of course," replied Liwa, sounding surprised. "How else would we grow new feathers? We are careful to collect them, of course, so that humans will not find them and...wonder, but we do molt." She shrugged. "They are heavier than normal feathers, of course, but not so that an unobservant person would notice."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:08 pm
User Image

"Umm...." Joshua was hesitant to ask. He wasn't entirely sure how the griffin would react to the question. He didn't think Liwa would react badly, but there was always the chance. "Can I have some of them? If you don't mind, that is." He fiddles with the edge of the nest where he was seated. "I want to test another of the myths." Joshua stayed focused on the nest edge, not looking at Liwa. Somehow, the question felt awkward to him.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:19 pm
"I don't see why not," said Liwa reflectively after a few moments. "We don't use them for anything - they tend to just sit around uselessly until we get enough of them that I have to send Radin to dispose of them somehow." She climbed out of the nest into the dark crevice behind. Although she looked far too big to fit, somehow she managed it.

The two fledglings cheeped encouragingly at her until she glanced out at Joshua again. Curiously, she added, "How many do you need, and what myth is this?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:28 am
User Image

"I'm not sure how many I need. Enough to fletch some arrows. So...." Joshua did some quick mental math, guessing at the size of the feathers. "At least a dozen or so. The myth is the griffin fletched feathers rarely miss their target. Even for an inexperienced bowman." He grinned, chuckling to himself. He certainly fell into that category. He'd tried hunting with a bow before, but failed quite miserably. The teen had resorted to traps. It was the only way he would get meat. Guns were too noisy to use here. All the game would be scared away for miles.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:46 pm
Liwa nodded briefly and vanished back into the crevice for a few moments. When she returned, she was carrying at least thirty feathers of various colours and sizes, which she dropped into Joshua's lap. "Keep them," she said lightly. "We certainly have no use for them. But you will certainly have to come back and tell me if that story is true. I'm quite interested."

Just then, Radin flew up to them. Landing on the edge of the nest, he spoke to his mate for a few minutes in their language of chirps, squeaks and snarls. Then Liwa nodded and Radin flew off.

"Is there anything else you would like to know?" she inquired.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games