Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:55 pm
Siv

Z--

Siv was beginning to startle awake from the Candidatemaster's scolding, more than a little jostled -- to be fair she'd been trying!...But, well, she wasn't the best at making judgement cvalls. However before she was really fully at her senses she was given a solid bite by a dragonet and with the undignified bawk of someone startled, she was awake, looking utterly chastized and wincing at the fact she was, well, sore in areas other than her ankle thanks to the indignant little green combinded with the Candidatemaster and his dragon and she winced.

It wasn't a case of not wanting to be there either -- it was the rise and plummet of adrenaline to the teen's systems -- a good deal had already happened on the sands, and Siv... Was pretty much drained from everything. Even accepting there was still more left was rather hard. She tried, and right now she was, well, now feeling indeed very foolish.

This was as bad as the incident as a little girl back home that she honestly didn't want to think about, and, very slowly, she decided to attempt to edge away from the dragonet for the healer's tent. She was going to be scolded anyhow, maybe it was best to just see to it she wasn't seen for now while she was scolded.

A lot.

she was never living any of this down.

Demon_Pachabel[/quote]
[quote="Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:01 pm
SOUI and WHITE MUSETH

How was it that he wasn't used to it? Wasn't being a rider something Weyrfolks practiced their entire lives? Perhaps Soui was being unkind by assuming this man was just from the Weyr and not elsewhere, but the way her mind was addled it could almost be forgiven. Museth was softly thrumming words of love through their raw connection, and the little teen hummed them back in a warm loop. "Then, it's nice to meet you both and I'll do as you suggest."

Museth was again shifted in Soui's arms, one of her wings opening slightly as though on purpose. The little white wanted the man to take a closer look at her, to admire her on a more subtle level. While the dragonet did not think herself entirely a thing of beauty much like the egos of her sisters and cousins, she did understand she could be considered lovely in her own fashion. Her rider certainly thought so. "Come on, Museth. You're rather small so this shouldn't take too long and I want to make sure you're covered perfectly."

You will do an amazing job, so don't worry and take your time. I will love our moments together just as you already do. It sort of stung how easily Museth dismissed Soui's worries that were laid deep inside her seemingly innocent words. The girl may have relaxed a little since coming to understand she wasn't a mistake, but the drive for perfection brought about by being unable to accept anything other than serious business still weighed on her. It was an aspect of her life that would never vanish. It doesn't need to. I chose you because you are serious, and we will find a way to use that to make you bloom. Museth nuzzled into her rider's neck before turning to look at the man and his green companion. My love, give him my thanks for talking to you. He could feel your unease and wished to help you and I would like to thank him for it.

Soui wondered why Museth just didn't thank him herself, but shrugged it off as the dragon pressed no more on the issue. Either her rider would thank him or the words were going unspoken. "Museth says thank you, for talking to me. To us."

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:03 pm
It was entirely the hardest thing he'd ever done to focus on just one memory for as long as he could without deviating, but it was for baby dragons. It was for all the candidates still out there so no other dragons got upset. So no babies betweened without their partner from fear or upset thanks to the emotions that he could tell were affecting them. Even despite all of that he could feel the brush of Mharlith there, gentle and reassuring, Nim beside him solid and grounding and Shar the fire to his left that always helped him to remember who he was. What he had to do. Even as he focused as hard as he could to radiate peace.

Rizdax's mind couldn't get much more open if someone pried the top of his head clean off and looked inside it, but he certainly wasn't expecting to hear anything in response from the sands. Couldn't fathom what was happening when pain crashed over his mind that reverberated with a keening cry. MY RADISH! Where are you?

Sahrawith? No... not Sahrawith. Not Mharlith.... One eye snapping open Rizdax lunged up from his seat, from safety and solidity, reaching out towards two hearts that belonged to a dragon he couldn't see yet. Couldn't see him but he could HEAR him. "Bossuth..." His jaw cracked and ground as he spoke, the lack of strength in his legs nearly had him toppling but he was able to grab at what Shar was handing him. Robes? Yes... yes he needed those didn't he?

Looking down he felt the robes pulled over his head from Nimueh behind him as the blanket fell to his feet, her hands steadying him so he stayed upright as he reached out towards Shar's hand. The thought that his friend was hurt, that she shouldn't be going back out there any more than he should have gone back out there earlier when he was in worse shape. But he would accept that support and gratitude shown in his un-bandaged eye as he looked at Nimueh and then Shar. Bossuth was shaking where he stood on the sands, nearly pitching over as he called once more, voice smaller and quieter as the little bronze looked desperately for him and Riz could feel every moment of his pain and fear. He'd called him by both names he'd heard himself called, by a name that meant only affection.

Far too slowly he let Shar help get him back onto the sands, legs wobbly from how much blood he'd lost but he refused to fall down here, not when there was someone that needed him as badly as his dragon. He would carry them both off these sands no matter how many times he fell if he had to, and as he broke free of his friend's grasp and support he lurched forward and wrapped himself around his dragon tightly. His dragon. I'm here, I'm always here. I'm so sorry, I'll never leave you alone like that again. Riz didn't know how he was talking to Bossuth so directly when he'd needed to speak out loud for every dragon before him, but the small bronze pushed love that the boy had never known possible into his heart and tucked his head under Riz's chin. He'd not known that was possible either and here it was happening.

I know you won't, I know it all. The voice was soft in his head as Bossuth tucked against his body and wrapped his wings around Riz's body. You were so hurt and brother was so... One hand reached up to run down the little bronze dragon's face soothingly. Don't worry about him now, he's not as important as you. Just the sincerity in his voice had love burst forth from Bossuth's chest once more, a never ending ocean of it that radiated from them both where they both knelt embraced on the sands. For he knew that before he'd been told. Mine

Sinders Path

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Hmm. Perhaps the egg had waited a little too long to stir. Friends on the Other Side rocked, leaning heavily toward one side... and then the other.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:13 pm
Shar waited the approximate half second it took Rizdax to get his new robes on before helping haul him to his feet. She could hear the soft, nervous creel of a dragonet and she just knew it was for Riz, especially after the pained, desperate attempt at saying the dragon's name. It sounded and looked like it hurt but she knew nothing would get between Rizdax and his dragon and she wouldn't let anyone stand in their way.

Leading him through the throngs of Candidates, shoving some aside when they failed to move, Shar hobbled forward with her friend as fast as Rizdax's shaky legs could take them. Finally they reached the front of the crowd again and it was with both surprise and delight that one of the two twin bronzes from earlier stood waiting to greet them, his eyes shining rainbow as they laid upon Rizdax.

She let go of his hand as he pulled away, delight and happiness pushing everything else from her mind. All the pain, the irritation, the exhaustion...all of it was gone as she watched the bronzerider - bronzerider! - collapse onto the sands to pull his new life partner to him. The bronze was small and stocky, a bit crumpled and awkward, but his markings were beautiful and she knew that a dragon with a beautiful heart would Impress the redhead and nothing else.

Her duty done, Shar stepped back again to give Rizdax some space with his dragon, elation giving way to the dull ache in her leg again. She probably should go back to the healer's sands but...nah. She'd stay here and help Riz up if he needed the assistance to stand.

"Congratulations, Riz," she said quietly, her voice full of pride and delight for her friend. "Told you you'd find yours."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:24 pm
Fianth
The golden dragon gave a reassuring croon at Poor Unfortunate Souls. Very gently, very tenderly, she picked up the small baby from out of the egg. It was rare to see a dragon actually lift up a baby in their jaws, but in this case, it was necessary. The poor little one was too shaken up.

Rest a moment, beloved. Let Mama ease your pain. Stay as long as you wish, and know that I am here. She crooned lovingly to the white dragon, nestling the little one close to her.

Such a poor small one. No. Fianth could not, and would not, forget how the Candidates treated her most beloved clutch. Why would they be so cruel to Hers? Was it because Krahsujunth shared her ledge? Was it because she was only the Weyrwoman Second? Whatever Siriath's was teaching the Candidates...well.

There would be words later. She was a forgiving Queen, but this was a line too far.

Her eyes turned red when one of her sister's babies bit one of the Candidates. Once again, more Candidates seemed to forget their place. Inexcusable.

- - -
Eveleth
The gold queen was perched with the best view. She was surrounded by an entourage of bronzes, and a few browns, and was watching the Hatching with a critical and judgmental eye. She was happy to have a hands-off approach.... but she was making notes with Hers. This was Fianth and Rhianth's moment....

And yet, when a little green called out to her. Such boldness was unexpected. Still, it was clear that something was amiss. In a flash the senior gold
bellowed a roar that practically shook the entire caverns. It wouldn't scare or spook the babies, who were accustomed to the noises dragons made--but it would wake up even the most bored, most sleepy, or most restless of Pernese in or around the Hatching Sands.

Show some respect! It was a word dripping with order and expectation in every ear within the Hatching Sands. These babies were Pern's future. If they wanted to wait hours to hatch then they would all stay. If they wanted to take their time and be choosy, then such was their right. This was their moment, and those who had better things to do with their time would be removed. Permanently.

To one brown dragon, the gold added. Siriath! Yours will meet Mine and Thistreth's immediately after the Hatching has finished. This is all quite unacceptable. If the words sounded ominous it was because they were. Someone higher up had had enough.

If Gr'del went from red in the face with unspoken frustration, to suddenly white...well. So be it.

To the little green, the elder gold gave a wash of encouragement. The pickings may be slim but do try to find someone acceptable. Perhaps look over there.

- - -
Baby Mine
When papa Krahsujunth opened up his egg, the little dragon within creeled happily. Eyes whirling a bright purple of love, a little white head slipped out, followed by an even smaller white body. Little dragonet stumbled awkwardly toward Krahsujunth, before faceplanting against the larger dragon's head. His little legs reached out, and he practically hugged himself against Krah's snoot.

Dadddddy. The little white was nothing but soft, squishable, love as he nuzzled as close against rugged blue as he could.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:29 pm

The white Poor Unfortunate Souls was quite suddenly, quite messily sick. All over the hatching sands. Mama... she said, eyes whirling yellow-grey. Oh my head... No, she was not ready to Impress. Not just yet. Urgh.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:32 pm
Kinyegele

The little girl let out another squeak of fear when Eveleth bellowed, looking up at the Senior Queen with a very appropriate amount of awe - and terror. In fact, she was so focused she completely missed the baby that was freed from the pink egg.

At least until she looked down and saw him nestled up against his father. You...are perfect, she thought fondly, a bright thought to illuminate the darkness that settled in with her fear. At least some things were good.

To the white nestled up against Fianth, similarly warm thoughts were offered, hoping perhaps they would be a balm after the fuss and trauma of earlier.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:32 pm
SAHRAWITH

She'd felt something, this time not from the firelizard that lay stuffed to the brim on her. This was something more pure, more wonderful, and the green's eyes whirled purple with love and happiness over news she was sure would lighten the heart and spirits of her beloved. Mine, he has Impressed.

"Who?" R'ose looked up at his dragon, eyes narrowed. He'd been biting as his thumbnail with nerves, all the while unwilling to admit the unease he'd been feeling at not taking a place in the stands to watch. "Wait, don't -" Before R'ose could properly ask his question a bellow echoed from the sands and a painful command hit both rider and dragon. Sahrawith let out a small shriek as her head bowed down almost against her will, the purple gone and replaced with the yellow of fear. "The sharding between was that?!" The redhead had not like that, not at all, and he moved to comfort his lifemate as best he could.

The queen. She is angry, our Weyrwoman's dragon is enraged! The children on the sands show disrespect. Slowly her head came back up, the purple trying to trickle back in. This is not well.

"But what about the candidates, are they okay?" R'ose clearly had priorities. "Is Radish okay? Please tell me he's okay."

Oh, he Impressed.

"Oh thank the - what." Sahrawith looked at R'ose with a laugh, her eyes the merry purple entire.

Indeed. To a lovely bronze, if I might add. We will see him soon, right?

R'ose didn't answer right away, and when Sahrawith prodded him she was pleased to find his face a bright red. "I could barely endure six months with you. How am I going to hold out anther six months because of him?"

Priorities indeed. R'ose had just wanted to get laid.

Hattaki
because

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 pm
Lucius--High Reaches Candidate

Forcing himself out of his own thoughts, forcing himself to focus on the babies and radiate the happiness he felt, because he did feel happy for them and those that they choose. He would stand here for turns if it was needed of him, at least the young man was loyal enough and had enough sense to know what he was supposed to do.

Eveleth's roar had him looking up at the weyrwoman's Gold. Her words made him feel shame for himself and the rest of the candidates that were still on the sands. Chances were that they would be turned out of this program, no matter what, after this display. If that was the case then...they deserved it and he hadn't done anything to stop anyone either. Even if he hadn't known what was going to happen, couldn't know the thoughts of others, he couldn't help but feel like there could have been something he could have done.

Then there was the little white with Fianth who had just gotten sick on the sands. He felt his heart lurch for the little one, a pit forming in his stomach. "Please...please let that one be alright." The words were whispered with a breath.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Rian-chan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:37 pm
Hyseren
The man had taken a step forward, sharp words for the larger bronze twin at the tip of his tongue after the dragonet nipped his smaller sibling again. His words were stayed as his own twin sister stumbled a bit at his sudden movement throwing off her balance. Her sharp his of pain as she recovered drew his focus and he frowned, stepping back. "Sorry, I just can't stand seeing that bronze bully his brother. The poor little one is so timid. I hope he finds someone to bolster his confidence. He deserves that. He seems awfully sweet and considerate from what we've seen so far."

Haelwen
Haelwen nodded in agreement while she shrugged off his apology, staring out at the sands as more dragons found their lifemates and she began to feel a twinge of discouragement. Had she really left her family and their business behind to come to a place where her future was going to become even more stagnant than before? She had agreed to become a candidate, drunk on the thoughts of becoming a rider and exploring the world together, fighting thread or helping lead the Pern into a strong and secure future. She had known not all candidates Impressed and perhaps it had been foolish of her to think it was mostly Weyrborn candidates who ended up being left behind. Surely if a dragon Searched a candidate they already found them worth of candidacy and making a match should be more likely? That was how her brain had broke down the situation and realizing she could have been mistake gave her pause. "What will we do if we aren't chosen?" she whispered quietly.

Hyseren
His hand squeezed his sister's tighter as she finally voiced her concern, her doubt, he knew this was difficult for her. She had always longed for more than life at sea could bring her. "Hey, don't think about that right now. There are still more dragons who haven't hatched yet and we don't know if there are more still hidden. Maybe yours is over there waiting for the final moment, you've been fashionably late a time or two yourself." he smiled and his eyes glimmered with amusement as she scoffed quietly. That was a bit better, hopefully she would remember her own strength and resilience and stave off the discouraging thoughts, at least until the hatching finished.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:37 pm
Nonami - Western Candidate

Amare’s reassurance does help to hearten them, though the younger candidate tries to not let worry settle in. Their big sister believed in them, so surely they could be worthy of High Reaches. But the slinky blue that came up to the pair had their breath catching slightly--a handsome blue, yet the slight lick made their heart stutter--and be still as the little blue turned his gaze onto Amare. Grip broken, the young teenager had to step back so as to not topple over into the sand once more.

But impression had been made, if the rainbow look in his eyes was any indication. It’s a complicated slurry of emotions -- joy for their sister, yet the bubble of complication fixes in their throat, for she was leaving, too. The tears in their sister’s eyes only solidified the feeling, and yet all they could do was shakily nod. Amare was wonderful, and the little blue who had chosen her had picked the best, they were utterly certain. Yet tears gather in their eyes, yet Nonami tries valiantly to blink them away. They should be happy, not crying. Amare had impressed, after all.

“I- I’ll be safe.” They smile, nodding. A tad wet, a tad shaky. But they’d be brave -- for Momma, for Amare. They didn’t want to have their sister worrying over them when there was a fresh baby dragon to take care of. “He chose the best, a- after all.” But the little blue needed Amare’s attention more, and the little teen nodded before stepping away. They’d just hope they could see her once the hatching was over.

Yet Eveleth's bellow made them jump, trying hastily to scrub their face free. No, they had to be strong. Happy thoughts. This day wasn't about them, wasn't about the candidates. They were insignificant -- this was about the dragons, about the hatchlings who needed to find theirs. Tears could come later, for now they had to focus the attention where it ought to be, no matter how they felt.

Mr Cheri

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:42 pm
FISHER

Admittedly Fisher might have wet herself a little as that bellow went out; despite the time she'd spent living in the Weyr she was not used to the sounds dragons made nor their voices in her head in any manner. Roaring and yelling and commanding was all beyond what she was expecting in her half-dozing manner so she probably was one of the intended targets. At least she hadn't actually fallen all the way asleep and gotten bitten like the girl from before, whom Fisher admittedly didn't know nor care to find out more about. 'Girl bit on a** at hatching' would forever be that poor kid's title and that was good enough.

Still she moved a bit until she was closer to Kinye, to see if she was okay. "Hey, that white is from the egg you liked, yeah?" Was it okay to be talking, was it disrespectful now? She wanted to show Kinye some support, and the dragons too in a roundabout way. Did that one vomit??? How even did that happen??

demon_pachabel
hello darkness my old friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Tandry

He had remained quietly in the shadows the enter hatching thus far... Watching the drama and tragedy and heartache as well as the greatest of joys as others found theirs.
He had been so excited and happy to see all the Impressions, though deep deep inside he had hoped to find His. Even though there were some many candidates and not enough dragonets for all. If not this time, then maybe, maybe he would stay until the next hatching...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lelte

Still staying in the back and as far out of the light as possible, she watched. Watched and waited. Looking longingly as Impressions happened all around her, but not eager to get involved in drama or doing something wrong. Perhaps Hers was there on the sands, but more than likely not.. or they would have found her or made themselves known by now, wouldn't they?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faranie

She had seen the dragonets she had been concerned about find theirs, and perhaps it was a good thing. But it still felt like she was being torn apart inside. It was time for her to start making her way out of the grounds, to go to the Hatching Feast. The Impressing was more than like almost over and done, so she could go and not make a spectacle of herself. Her time was more than up. She didn't need to be here any longer.

With a wistful look back at the sands and the dragonets still there looking for theirs and the candidates waiting with hope and fear...

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:45 pm

... Wait.

What was that? A voice, through all of the fog... a voice, a mind. What was it saying?

What will we do if we aren't chosen?

But!

But my dear Haelwen, you are chosen. The dragonet, loathe though she was to leave her mother's side, did try to lift her head to observe the Candidate.

By me, of course. Your Sthenoth. Now... perhaps you'd like to take me to a healer?

For that was indeed where Poor Unfortunate Souls needed to go!

User Image

Rian-chan

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games