Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:52 pm
If he was allowed to punch their swords, he might just win. D;

Edit: Actually... given that the first part of a duel is a challenge and decision on terms, Denbe could potentially convince someone to use a hand-to-hand fight instead of iajutsu.

...I wonder who with low social rolls will make it to the finals... >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:09 am
I don't think it works like that.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:41 am
Page 179
CHALLENGE
...The challenged party has the right to pick the time, place, and nature of the duel by stating a mutual condition to decide the winner. Traditionally the most common result is iaijutsu duel to first blood, to be conducted immediately. If the [challenged] wants other terms, a Contested Social Skill Roll may be used to resolve the matter. Because of the Rights of the Challenged, the challenged character gains two Free Raises on this Contested Social Skill Roll.

It also denotes that if the challenger wins, it defaults to immediate iaijutsu duel to first blood, and that other, unusual conditions set by the challenged may mean loss of some honor if they're particularly inappropriate.

I imagine for the finals of the competition, Challenge would be skipped and we'd go straight to the iaijutsu, but for gaming in general I think it would be hilarious to make a brutish Crab, or some such, who'd challenge people to slugging matches or drinking contests over more minor standoffs/disagreements/boasting matches.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:21 am
Well, given that it IS an Iaijutsu tournament, but yeah, depending on the reasons, you can get away with other duels.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:56 pm
That mainly applies to unplanned challenges. Such as, some samurai spills his tea all over you, and the only recourse is THE SPILLING OF BLOOD.

Iaijutsu is typically used as a method of solving irrecoverable differences when all other methods have failed. The point of it, is that the one with the most clarity of spirit and mind will persevere in the duel, and thus, they were undoubtedly the party more in the right.

If you want to challenge someone to a jiujutsu duel, you punch them in the face and hope they don't have a sword.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:09 am
There's a reason most people don't like Koan... even his fellow Crane.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:20 am
"Isn't he so great?"

Nope.avi  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
To be honest, we really haven't seen much of Koan...or Toyoko for that matter. He could be no worse than Maru from a certain perspective.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Well... Zanzen finds him to be a bit of the 'look down his nose at people' type.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:07 pm
"Well... Zanzen finds him to be a bit of the 'look down his nose at people' type. "

Wait... Isn't that all cranes?

*Runs to his kaiu fort*  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:12 pm
No one's really given Koan a chance, so I'm hoping when Seichiro teas him up, y'all'll be pleasantly surprised. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:22 pm
*Nods* Hrrm.... Wonder if I should do something stupid ><  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:41 pm
*puts stupidity on hold*

Hope Sutiiven does his rolls soon ><  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:17 pm
And with that, Susumu should be going bye-bye.

Leaving me with all 4 PCs and 2 NPCs. How Sosuke even made it past round 1 is beyond me, since he's been doing this all untrained all this time.

I'll be posted Tuesday morning, or possibly late Monday night if I feel up to it. With how I've been feeling the past couple days, I wouldn't count on the latter. Hope it's just the starting symptoms of illness, rather than depression! Either way, I won't let it affect my normally allotted posting schedule for you guys smile

Bedtime for me. Hopefully sleep will remedy whatever it is.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:43 am
In Sosuke's defense... so have I.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games