Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserPrefect

Dhyl watched Terren bounce around excitedly, then gave an attempt at a smile. Soon, the young Hufflepuff was distracted, so the older boy sighed lightly. Of course, Heather knew something was up. She had always been able to read him like an open book. Blue eyes met teal as he looked at her. "Oh... yea. I'm fine. Just... worried about Minn. Nothing new." He glanced away, knowing his lie would probably be detected. Hands ran through his normally perfect hair, mussing it up. Locks of half-straight hair fell in his eyes, shading his view and hopefully, hiding hi guilt. Okay... so it was hard to lie to Heather!

Wearing
Out Of Character:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 pm
User Image

User Image

Miles blinked when he was asked about how he found out he was magical. Thinking back, he recalled the event, and chuckled a bit. "I guess I'm what you'd call a pureblood, meaning I have a magical family. But I didn't know I had magic till I was five. Mum and Da were trying to get me to eat some peas during dinner, and I made them float around the house. It was funny, but they still made me eat them. Until I got to school, I really didn't know that much about magic, only that I could make some things happen and I could learn about it later. Ministry kinda limits lads and lasses to not learn until they're in school, and we can't cast a thing outside of school until we're seventeen." Making a face, he then grinned again. "Nah, no one is really taught magic unless their parents are teaching it to them, and even then, that's rare to happen. I don't even think I know one person that happened with. We're always on the same level as everyone else when we start, just depends on what we're good at after that."

Music makes the people come together
Music mix the bourgeoisie and the rebel.

-----♫♩♬♪♫♪-----
Thinking: Well, no one starts out advanced, right?
OOC: ...
-----♫♩♬♪♫♪----

Amadeli

Sariwa

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Sariwa

Shadowy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:01 pm
User Image
Sariwa Harris

| First year | Hufflepuff | Muggleborn |

Sariwa felt so relived. "Of course she doesn't know magic!" She thought. She did read about underage magic before she came to Hogwarts. All this; the sorting, the school, the people! It all made her so nervous and forgetful. The story about the fireworks and peas made her laugh, though, and she forgot all about her bad feelings. "I was once very angry with my dad. I stormed out in the garden and intended to hide in my favourite climbing tree. But before I could get to it I noticed a bunch of flowers under the tree that hadn't been there before. There were plants I knew, like Wolfsbane and Daisies, but also a bunch of plants I had never seen before. One of the plants tried to bite me when I wanted to look closer at it". She laughed. "It's still growing there today, because we can't go near it without getting bitten!" She smiled at the thought. "You can't believe how confused my dad was! We thought it was some Carnivorous Plant before we finally found out that it was something magical. I can't wait for Herbology lessons to start, so that I might find out what it is!" she rambled on excitedly. A new girl sat down at the table. Sariwa looked at her with caution and decided not to say anything to her. "What if she's mean or don't want to talk to me? I don't want anyone to laugh at me on my first day here..." She looked away from the girl and hoped someone else would talk to her.

Amadeli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:13 pm
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff First Year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nora smiled, having found an instant connection through magical plants. "My mum's an editor for a herbology magazine - I could write home and ask for a few issues if you'd like to look it up." Nora offered, mentally going over the lists of plants her mum had collected over the years. "She's got a greenhouse absolutely stuffed with all sorts of magical plants. Not even my dad feels safe in there." She leaned her elbow on the table and absently tugged on a curl. "I'm looking forward to Transfiguration the most, I think. Are there any teachers we should watch out for?" she asked, directing the last part at Miles.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Diamond Wales

Sariwa

Amadeli

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:12 pm
User Image
User Image

The past is ℊøηℯ. It went by like ∂υsк to ∂αωη.
Isn't that the ωαƴ? Everybody's got their ∂υℯs in life to ℘αƴ.

Hunter looked at the new firsts years and self-consciously started to hide his eye patch with his hair afrade people where starring at him. He licked his lips in a bit of a nerves habit. He rather disliked being in crowds or meeting new people and he was suppose to do both during the sortings.

Siηℊ with me, sing it for the ƴℯαя.
Sing for the ℓαυℊhtℯя and sing for the tℯαя.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:02 pm
User Image
Sariwa Harris

Sariwa was so excited "Would you do that?" she asked her shyly "It would be so awesome!" she imagined herself layng in her bed reading the magazines all night and smiled dreamily to herself. "I'm really waiting for my third year so I can study Magical Creatures. But I guess Transfiguraton will be loads of fun too! Defence Against the Dark Arts sounds a bit dangerous, though." she said nervously. "But I guess they wouldn't have us do anything dangerous, would they?"

Amadeli

Sariwa

Shadowy Lunatic

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 pm
User Image
𝒩𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝑦 𝒪'𝐹𝑒𝓀𝑟𝑒𝓀𝑦
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

First Year ~ Hufflepuff ~ Single ~ Muggleborn

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: Hufflepuffs

Nessa looked up as the last name was sorted by the hat, and she smiled. That meant that everyone she saw at her table were her new housemates.. and also, that they would get to eat, soon! Her tummy gave a loud rumble and she covered it sheepishly, smiling and looking down to her plate. She should really try to introduce herself, or she would just continue to go unnoticed. She did like having friends. Her eyes came up slowly from her plate and she looked around for a friendly face. There were so many of them.. What should she do? She raised a hand in a small wave, smiling a little and speaking to no one in particular - the whole table, if anyone could hear her over the chatter. "Hello..? My name is Nessarose.. It's nice to meet all of you!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:35 am
User Image

User Image

Miles looked up at the staff table, looking for the now-familiar professors he knew. Some of them were obviously teachers for electives, but he frowned, noticing that they had hauled away one of the professors. What was up with that? Shrugging, he looked back at the girls with a smile. "Well, there's the Goldwinds. One's a professor of Herbology, that would be the missus, and the other is the flying instructor. They're both nice enough, though Mr. Professor Goldwind is strict. Umm, I don't remember much about the Astronomy or the History of Magic teacher, since I kind of slept through both classes." He scratched the back of his head ruefully. "Professor da Vinci's cool, he's the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. And the Charms professor, Professor Barrington? She's nice too. The Potions professor is French and she's kind of strict, though she said it was to prevent accidents in class. Umm, I don't see the Transfiguration professor, unless there's a new one though."

Music makes the people come together
Music mix the bourgeoisie and the rebel.

-----♫♩♬♪♫♪-----
Thinking: Now, who's who again?
OOC: ...
-----♫♩♬♪♫♪----

Amadeli

Sariwa

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:09 pm
User Image

Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {In Control}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Inari reentered the great hall just as sorting had finished. A sense of power followed her as she made her way strait to the podium over looking the student body. She looked at each table waiting for them to calm down from the excitement of getting new members. Once the room was silent she began."Welcome to Hogwarts for those of you just joining us, we are glad to have you and your new house will be your home for the next seven years so make sure to enjoy your time here. For those returning, we are happy to have you back. Now the rules are the same as every year don't go in the woods alone and don't die. If you have any questions ask your prefects. Now with out further ado, let's eat!"She said a clap and food appears on all of the tables. Inari returned to her seat and took a long drink.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:53 pm
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff First Year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nora gasped in delight as the steaming feast appeared on the table. She spied several familiar foods that her dad had prepared, like potatoes and savory pies, but she made a beeline for the platter bursting with perfect Cauldron Cakes. She piled at least three onto her plate and bit into another greedily. "Oh my gosh...these are so good!" she said through a mouthful of bliss, the previous conversation forgotten. "We only get these at Christmas at my house - here, Sariwa, try one! You haven't lived until you've had a Cauldron Cake." Without waiting for permission, she passed one of the cakes from her plate over to Sariwa's. Halfway through taking her hand back, she stopped, mortified. "Wow, sorry that was really forward of me!" she babbled, "If you don't want it, or you have allergies or something, feel free not to eat it, I mean, it's not a big problem. Not that you shouldn't eat it, they're really delicious, that is..." She gulped down her mouthful and looked horrified at the thought of offending a possible friend. 'If she's not mad, she's a keeper." she thought, taking a self-conscious swig of pumpkin juice.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Diamond Wales

Sariwa

Amadeli

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:33 pm
User Image
𝒩𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝑦 𝒪'𝐹𝑒𝓀𝑟𝑒𝓀𝑦
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

With: Hufflepuffs

When she received no reply, Nessa decided that it must because her voice was too small. 'Well, no matter,' she thought with a quiet sigh, perking up a bit when the food appeared on the table and everyone began to eat. She decided on a piece of fresh baked potato bread and a bowl of hearty stew, just like mum made. It was nice to have some of the comforts of home around.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious at The Hufflepuff Tablespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Nell and Georgiespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'It's nice to see things so normal...' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide folded the letter up, still blushing, eyes wide. She glanced at Nell out of the corner of her eye, not sure of what to say. As she put the letter in her pocket, she thought. From his words, Ada assumed he intended for them to wait to meet until the first Hogsmeade weekend... but did he actually know when that was? She realized she didn't even know. She'd never actually gone to Hogsmeade before. She'd always stayed at the castle, reading or wandering around. Sitting by the lake or the willow, more often than not. She sighed. "Erm, Nell, you have an owl, right? I might... er... need to borrow him." She needed to write Chris and come up with a more detailed idea of what he wanted to do. She supposed his lack of details might be because he'd thought she'd say no... as if. She snorted at the thought. Even the appearance of food at the table couldn't distract her from the letter now sitting in her pocket. She smiled. She... had a date! Sort of... it was a date, right? Yeah. Had to be. Hopefully, Nell's romanticism would take hold and she'd be oh, so happy to let Ada borrow her owl. She didn't trust the school owls; they were probably nice enough birds, but if they were anything like the school brooms... she shuddered inwardly at the thought.

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

ChickFlickMoment

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Sariwa

Shadowy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 pm
User Image
Sariwa Harris

The Cauldron Cake was put in front of Sariwa. She stared at the thing with a confused look. She wondered what it was and hoped it wasn't about to hop away like those chocolate frogs she had tried to eat at the Hogwarts Express. After being insisted upon she had a taste of the Cake. "It's delicious!" And it was, it tasted like nothing she'd ever had before. "As long it's not pudding, I'll eat it." She said with a mouth full of Cauldron Cake. "I really don't like pudding." She smiled and hoped that this girl wouldn't find her too strange. Everything did feel okay now that she had found someone who wanted to talk to her. She had another look at the dark haired girl. Sariwa thought she had heard her say something earlier, but she had decided, due to her fear of social situations, that it could have been anyone really. She shrugged to herself and started filling her plate with all the food she could manage.

Amadeli
x-Phoenix Phyre-x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:47 pm
User Image
𝒩𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝑦 𝒪'𝐹𝑒𝓀𝑟𝑒𝓀𝑦
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

With: Sariwa

Halfway through her meal, Nessa took another quiet look around the table, noticing a couple of girl who looked like they were first years, as well. Smiling a bit, she decided to scoot closer to one of them who had just finished sampling what was called a Cauldron Cake. At her exclamation of delight, Nessa decided that they might be worth trying - but first, she had to see if she could make any friends. Tapping the girl on the shoulder lightly, she smiled in a friendly way. "Hi there.. My name's Nessarose. What's yours?"

Sariwa

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:59 pm
*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor quietly took his seat after the sorting, not sure what it meant to be in each house, they all looked quite decent though.
He was still in awe of this whole process, though he tried to not let it show on his face.

Yellow and black for the colors? He shuddered a tad, yellow was not his most favorite color as it seemed too...garish for his tastes.

Oh well.

Victor took a glance at the food on the table, some of it he didn't recognize at all and he idly wondered if that was what lower-class people ate.
Taking some soup he glanced at it, "...Is this what the lower class really eat?" As he took a careful sip using a soup spoon he smiled, "Wow! This is some great food! Que c'est délicieux~"

He blinked as he coughed a bit, "...Hm..." He hoped no one heard his excitement, it was quite unbecoming.

This food was really great though.

Mood: Confused
Thoughts: I still can't believe something like this exists!
House: Hufflepuff
Year: One

((OOC: ...while I'm waiting for the acceptance...since I was sorted I hope it was ok to post at the table. ))

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games