Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:17 pm
User Image

Joshua was glad when Aura didn't seem to be opinionated. 'At least she doesn't look like she wants to eat me.' He was watching Katalina from the corner of his eye. She seemed to not want her mother to say something. Joshua felt like he was missing the puzzle pieces. Something just was not clicking. He turned to follow Aura, then turned back to Katalina. "Katalina? Are you alright?" He didn't want to cause the mermaid to be uncomfortable. And that's what she seemed to be right now.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 pm
"I'm fine," said Katalina stiffly. "It's just...I haven't been home in a long time, that's all. It feels a little strange to be back under the family wing, even just for a visit." She shrugged, beginning to move forward again. "Come on, Joshua - Mother won't wait for us forever."

Aura had stopped at the other end of the tunnel, the one that led into the main cavern. She was waiting for them, although it was hard to see her face in the flickering light. Something that might be either impatience or amusement seemed to cross it, but she said nothing.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:49 pm
User Image

Joshua nodded. He could only imagine going home, to his own family. It would have been very awkward. He shrugged and swam after Katalina. As he swam, he tried to focus on her mother, but the flickering light made it hard. "What's causing the light?" Joshua figured it would be a safer topic than Katalina's family dynamics.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:10 pm
"Cracks," said Katalina briefly. "Mostly cracks in the rock that we made to let in sunlight. Pebbles are always falling through, which makes them flicker. Also, we've got some of those glowing mosses or lick-ins or whatever you call them growing on the rocks." She gave him a weak attempt at a smile, but at least she'd tried. "I think, anyway. I don't exactly remember."

Just then, they caught up to Aura, who continued moving without questioning why it had taken them so long to follow her.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:15 pm
User Image

"Makes sense." Joshua looked up as he swam, watching for the cracks Katalina said were there. He gave the ones he found a quick examination, not stopping swimming. The teen was starting to feel a little bad that he'd pressed Katalina to allow him to meet others. 'She doesn't look very comfortable here.' Joshua kept one eye on Katalina as they followed Aura. He figured that if it looked like she was becoming too uncomfortable, he would make an excuse to leave.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:37 pm
Aoife's brow creased. "How what?"  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:40 pm
"You're...laying on top of the water...as if it were solid. How do you do that?" Joey's eyebrows raised as he asked her. He gave her a questioning look.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:46 pm
Aoife glanced down at it. She'd figured all sea creatures could. Her back fins flapped once. "I'm not sure. I've always been able to."  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:57 pm
Joey nodded. "I see...well, it is really cool! I can only float in the water, not on it." He chuckled and smiled at her.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Aoife smiled at him. "I don't think you are built for it."  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:24 pm
Joey sighed. "True...I guess I am more physically built for land, though my mind stays with the ocean..." He laughed. "What a confused person I am..."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:32 pm
"Seems we are opposite." Aoife grinned sympathetically.  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:54 pm
Joey laughed. "That we are. So, give me your tail and I'll give you my legs." He said jokingly, laughing.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:08 pm
Aoife laughed. "If only things worked that way." She moved her tail so it slapped the water softly.  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm
Katalina was about to reply when they came through into the cavern. Aura turned back and smiled at them - more at Katalina, but at least she made the effort to include Joshua.

Katalina breathed in sharply as she looked around. The first face she saw would be familiar to Joshua, too.
"Narcis?" she asked. "Why are you here?"

The male Siren grinned at her, looking more at ease - and somewhat kinder - than he had when they'd seen him earlier. "I came to talk to my aunt, if that's all right with you, dear cousin," he replied sardonically. Katalina gave him a narrow glare, but said nothing else.

There were approximately twenty mermaids of both sexes and various ages and sizes hanging around the cavern. One, a rather large, handsome merman who looked about thirty, came forward and took Katalina's arm. "Daughter," he said softly. "It is good to see you."

Katalina flushed, lowering her eyes. "Hello, Father," she murmured. "I've brought a friend of mine here. He wants to learn about the sea." Hastily, she gestured Joshua forward.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games