Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sariwa

Shadowy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:13 pm
User Image
Sariwa Harris
| First year | Hufflepuff | Muggleborn |

Sariwa was relived that she now was sure that the girl was talking to her. She smiled back at the her. "Hi. I'm Sariwa, but you can call me Riw if you want. Nice to meet someone else with a strange name!" She hesitated, maybe she shouldn't have told someone she just met that she had a strange name. "I mean, a name that's not very usual, you know..." She gave a nervous laughter and smiled. She hoped the girl wouldn't take too much offence.

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:47 pm
User Image
𝒩𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝑦 𝒪'𝐹𝑒𝓀𝑟𝑒𝓀𝑦
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

First Year ~ Hufflepuff ~ Single ~ Muggleborn

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: Sariwa

Laughing a bit, Nessa shook her head and smiled brightly. "No, it's okay.. Most people call me Nessa, and that's not so strange. I guess I was kind of named after Loch Ness, in a way," she said with a light giggle, her eyes shining softly. "Riw? Is that like 'Roo'?" she asked suddenly, tilting her head slightly in question. That really was an odd nickname, or at least an odd spelling.

Sariwa

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Sariwa

Shadowy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:02 am
User Image
Sariwa Harris
| First year | Hufflepuff | Muggleborn |

Sariwa was quiet for a moment. "It's what my dad calls me. I used to call myself 'Riwa when I started talking, not being able to say my full name yet. And then he shortened it a bit more for some reason, so I'm Riw or Riwy to him." She tought about it a bit "It's like River, but without the 'er'." she explained and hoped her strange nickname wasn't too hard for someone outside her family to use. "But Nessa is easy enough." she said and smiled. She hesitated, but decided she wanted to know and asked the girl what she had been wondering. "If I may ask, why are you named after the Loch Ness Monster?" She was so curios she could barely sit still.

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:47 am
*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor looked around the table, eyeing the other occupants, some of them looked...homely, to him at least, while others looked decent enough to be around.

Victor couldn't help judging others by how they looked, it was in his blood.
...At least that's what he told himself.

Noticing two girls having a conversation about names he tilted his head, usually at his estate, and during dinner parties and formal gatherings, people were quiet and could get really boring.
Here though everyone seemed to be excited.

He also needed to talk to someone, or attempt to at least, it was only proper courtesy.

Taking a deep breath and finishing off the last of his soup, he waved to the two ladies talking to each other about names, "Excusez-moi de vous déranger." Victor then paused, that's right, he wasn't at home so he didn't need to speak French, though he was so used to it.

"Hm...I mean...excusez-moi for interrupting your conversation ma belle, but I couldn't help but over hear your...rather interesting names." He then smiled, "As quaint as they sound...sort of mysterious rather, are those common amongst you people?" He then thought for a bit, "I mean no offense of course, mon chéri. I am simply curious."

Mood: Curious
Thoughts: So interesting...
House: Hufflepuff
Year: One

((OOC: ))

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:41 am
User Image
𝒩𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝑦 𝒪'𝐹𝑒𝓀𝑟𝑒𝓀𝑦
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

With: Sariwa, Victor

Her lips twitching slightly, Nessa shrugged softly while she eyed one of those cauldron cakes from earlier. "Well, my Da is Scottish, and he's always been fond of the Loch. He says anything that holds enough mystery to spur legend is a beautiful thing - and that is why he loves women." Her eyes sparkling with a quiet laugh, she decided to pick up one of the cakes and give it a curious nibble. When the French boy came over to join them, she had to take a moment to understand what he was saying. Raising her brows in quiet surprise, she shook her head with a quiet smile. ".. No, our names are special, even for where we live.. That's why they're interesting enough to talk about... Most people don't have names like ours.."

Sariwa

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:38 am
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff First Year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Still munching on her cakes, Nora peered around Sariwa at two of the other new students. Content to simply eat and listen, she noted that one spoke French. 'I wonder how many people here speak other languages...?' she wondered, watching until the girl mentioned legends. Nora inwardly cringed - her weak spot had been mentioned! "Sorry to barge in, but I love legends and myths. Its amazing that you were named after one!" she piped up, wide eyes bright with curiosity, "Did you grow up in Scotland?" She paused, once again embarrassed by her hasty action. "Oh gosh, sorry! I'm Nora. I suppose I'm doing this all backwards, aren't I?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Sariwa

Squeeky Luff

Amadeli

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:30 am
User Image
𝒩𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝑦 𝒪'𝐹𝑒𝓀𝑟𝑒𝓀𝑦
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

With: Sariwa, Victor, Nora

Turning suddenly to see the redhead coming over, Nessa smiled a bit bashfully and shook her head. ".. Nora..? No, I grew up in Wales, near the northern border by the sea... But my father is from Scotland," she added with a nod and small smile. "You like legends? So does my father, he loves them.. What are some of your favourites?"

Amadeli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:03 am
*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor silently nodded, "Ah...Special...I see." He then held a hand out, "My name is Victor Beausoleil....of the Beausoleil family."
He then sighed, "Though...I guess it's not quite as famous and big name now that I discovered...this place." He said gesturing tot he Great Hall.

"Though I'm apparently muggle-born...which sounds so common...alas..." He then thought for a moment, "I hope it's good to be muggle-born..hm."

He then noticed another female join them, this one with bright red hair, "..." Victor then smiled when he heard her name, "Ah~ ma chérie~ Nora is a well-fitting name! honor..yes...you seem it."
Even if he wasn't interested in girls...it was just part of his nature.

He blamed his dad.

"Legends though? That is indeed interesting...I love them~"

Mood: Amused
Thoughts: My curiosity! It knows no bounds!

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Amadeli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:38 pm
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff First Year

Nora's face split into a huge grin, directed at the shy Nessa. "I love all myths - Egyptian, Thai, Ancient Chinese...but Celtic is my favorite. I grew up on the sea, with no one around for miles. Living in that kind of wilderness...I always felt close to the Celtic stories." She took another bite of cake as the boy introduced himself, complete with flowery compliment. "It's short for Eleanora, which seems a bit...starchy for an eleven year old." she replied ruefully, scrunching up her freckled nose. "Do you - any of you-" she added, bringing Sariwa and Nessa, "-have a favorite type of myth? I'm excited to learn which are true in History of Magic!"

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

x-Squeeky Luff-x

x-Sariwa-x
[/spoiler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:21 pm
User Image Touch if you will my ṡτøṃαсh,
Feel how it
тяємвℓєѕ inside ...

... You've got the βÚŤŤĔŔŦĹĨĔŚ all tied up ...

... Don't make me chase you,
Even
ḋøṿεṡ have pride.

ʟɑιɽəɑʟʟ
2nd Year [ x ] Hufflepuff Excited Hufflepuff Table With Nell and others.

`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´

It took a while for Claire to finally come up with a name for the little hamster. She sat at the table, mesmerized by the fluff ball, unable to do anything else but watch its every, cutesy little movement - this ability to completely tune everything and everyone out was a skill of hers that Claire found both incredibly useful and incredibly burdensome. Especially when it came to her classes - she was surprised to pass most of them considering the amount of times she'd spaced out or lost her place and just gave up on trying to catch up with the lesson.

Claire watched as the little hamster scurried around her hands, trying as hard not to laugh despite how much it tickled. A few names came to mind, but none that she felt really 'worked'. It wasn't until the little fur ball ran into Claire's finger and landed on it's furry behind that one name stuck. "... Bopper...!" Claire announced all of the sudden, getting out of her trance-like state to notice that food had appeared on the table. "Nell, I think I'm going to name him Bopper." She told the girl with a bright, beaming smile. The hamster appeared as if it was rubbing its head before finally nestling on her palm and falling asleep.

`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:45 pm
Back to the street where we began
Pickin’ up things we shouldn’t read
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
It looks like the end of history as we know
Yeah we're feeling so good
It’s just the end of the world

User Image
User Image

ρυʀєвℓσσם╰☆╮ Taken by Rose HallUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect User Image

Wearing | Where: Great Hall~Hufflepuff Table | With: Ada, Rose, Claire, and firsties | Thinking: Thank bob! | OOC: First years please follow to this link please! [x]

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell was still waiting to be told about the letter when Ada quietly asked if she could borrow her owl. Her sly grin widened into a brighter one as she began to bounce in place excited for her friend. "Of course! But what did he say? Did he ask you on a date? Please please please tell me you said yes!" she pleaded with her quiet friend. If she didn't there would be serious ramifications in the form of her more than likely telling Michelle. She'd hate to tattle to the Slytherin but sometimes she was the only one who could get through her tight cocoon. But first, her owl! "Her name is Soot, she's the tawny owl and she's generally up on a rafter in the owlery. Just say her name and give her one of these and she's putty in your hands. she pulled a nearly empty packet of ice mice with two still left and handed them to her friend. Nell grinned over at Claire as she eagerly told her the name of her new hamster and giggled at how cute it was. "Bopper sounds like a perfect name for him. I'm glad you love him." the older girl replied honestly. She hadn't really thought of what she would do with the poor babe had the younger girl not like him. After eating dinner and dessert and looking down at her pocket watch she could see it was getting closer to curfew and therefore it was time to lead the first years to the common room. Ok, no need to be nervous. You're just responsible for one of their first views of the castle and their perspective for the rest of their years. No pressure! she thought to herself before mentally punching that thought. She could do this! That said Nell stood and nervously cleared her throat and smiled towards all the new students. "Hello, my name is Nell Ellis and I'm a fifth year prefect. First years please follow me and the other prefects and we'll show you the way to our common room." Ohthankgodtheworstwasover she thought with a silent sigh.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

Cara MiaKitty

Forks Anonymous

Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
just the way that we do
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:48 pm
User Image
𝒩𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝑦 𝒪'𝐹𝑒𝓀𝑟𝑒𝓀𝑦
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

With: First Years

Looking up when one of the older girls stood and introduced herself, Nessa rose up with a quiet smile to get ready to follow her to the common room. After all, she had no idea where it was. Looking to the other girls, she waved at them a bit, inviting them to join her if they like - but she wasn't about to fall behind.

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:09 pm
*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor smiled at Nora as he nodded his head, "My favorite myth has to be about Sirens in Greek mythology." As she continued, he perked up at the mention of History of Magic, "Wait...So this is really real? I'm not dreaming?"

He then grinned, "I hope this year will be très bien." Victor then remembered something, "Ah..but this whole thing is still rather new to me. I was...surprised to discover magic was real."

As the prefect introduced herself, Victor properly put his plate up and took the napkin off his lap, "...Ah...This food is great~ I wish I had learned of this before."
He then got up and patted himself off, just to make sure nothing was on him, "Oh..Umm..Madame Nell? Where are the pets located? Like...my cat."

Victor was quite curious about the welfare of his beloved pet, he wondered if he was pampered...it would probably be quite different than home life for sure.
He sighed and followed the rest to the common rooms.

Mood: Curious
Thoughts: Common rooms? Hm...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:24 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall - Hufflepuff Table

Chloe couldn't have been happier when food arrived. As she ate she wondered if she would make prefect next year. She was working really hard to be kind and helpful to others but somehow she felt as if it would never happen. Instead of selling herself short Chloe kept on the brighter side. When she was finished she looked over at Newlyn. She was a really good friend, so was Charlotte however she hadn't seen her for a long while. Oh well that probably couldn't be helped.

Before thinking of going anywhere Chloe quickly took a piece of parchment and scribbled a message for Sun on it before attaching it to Whiskers her cat. "Can you give Sun this." she asked as the cat gave a soft purr and headed off for the Gryffindor Table.

With: Hufflepuffs... Newlyn

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Whiskers the Cat

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Amadeli

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:29 am
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff First Year

Nora quickly gulped down a few bites of something healthy before wiping her mouth and standing up. 'I probably shouldn't have eaten so much...' she thought, as butterflies returned to her full stomach. She could feel herself going pale with nerves as she unwittingly began gnawing the inside of her cheek. She couldn't wait to see the common rooms! Hopefully Bevin had arrived safely - she had been carted off with the rest of Nora's luggage. Still silent, she trotted after the prefect, as eager as any first year to see their common room.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games