Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Joey sighed and nodded. "Yea..." Absentmindedly, he ran his hand up Aoife's tail. He felt how smooth it was. "Only if, huh..."
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Aoife flushed slightly. "I guess we have to take what is."

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Joey removed his hand and ran it through his hair. "Yea..." He spread his arms out and they floated in the water. He sighed and relaxed.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:53 pm

User Image

Joshua too, drew in a sharp breath. He hadn't expected to find Narcis in a cave of the merfolk. Still, the teen didn't glare as Katalina did. Instead, he turned his attention to the merfolk that filled the cave. His attention was immediately brought to the only one who approached them, Katalina's father. Joshua moved forward a bit when the mermaid brought attention to him. "Hello. My name is Joshua." He wondered for a moment if he should hold out his hand, like he would to a human. Joshua couldn't really call upon any experiences with other sea creatures as most of them didn't have hands. The sirens, who did have hands, the teen had been wary of getting two close to. 'And Katalina I caught by surprise. So, no help there.' Finally, he decided to wait and see what Katalina's father did.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:05 pm

The man nodded to him, but made no other overtures. "Greetings," he said calmly. "I am Marcus, Katalina's father. As I have no doubt you already know." His eyes flicked back to his daughter, and he gestured with one hand towards another, darker tunnel. "I would speak to you, Katalina. Come with me. Narcis, you, as well."

Katalina opened her mouth, perhaps to protest, but Marcus gave her a level look. "Your mother and the rest of the family will attend to your friend. Come along, Sorry."

She looked back and mouthed I'm sorry at Joshua as Marcus took her and Narcis down the tunnel.

Aura had quietly come to Joshua's side while that little drama had been going on. "We have been told you might have questions you wish to ask," she said softly in his ear. "We will do our best to accommodate you, to thank you for bringing my daughter home, however briefly."
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:39 am

Aoife smiled. "But I think if I were human I'd be like you an d Joshua."

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:32 am

User Image

Joshua jumped when he heard Aura speak. He hadn't realized she'd been so close. The teen cast a confused glance after Katalina, Marcus, and Narcis. He decided to ask Aura about it. Somehow, he didn't think Katalina would want to answer his question. And he'd already caused her enough discomfort apparently. "Why did you want her home so bad?" It was the best way Joshua could think to phrase it.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:39 am

Aura's eyes clouded briefly. Then she laughed a little. "You choose your questions very well, boy," she said lightly. "That is difficult to explain without going into a great deal of clan politics, but basically it is this. As the eldest granddaughter of the clan patriarch and the daughter of the future leader, Katalina has certain duties." Aura shrugged. "Certain duties that she did not wish to fulfill. So she left."

She sighed. "A great deal of the clan's inner workings - as well as its relationships with other clans - have been thrown off by her leaving. Having her back, even for a brief visit, might help with that."

Then, with a slight smile, she added, "And although I would never let her father hear me say it, I've been missing my girl."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:26 pm

User Image

Joshua wasn't sure he liked being called "boy" but he supposed that compared to the life spans of others, he really was still just a child. It surprised him to hear that Katalina was from the ruling line. 'Must be a lot of pressure on her.' He could sort of see why the mermaid would have wished to leave the duties behind her and just be free. Well, he had his answer now. It didn't have a lot of details, but he decided to give Katalina her privacy. He wouldn't have appreciated it much if she dove into his own history. Joshua looked around the cavern again, mentally counting the merfolk there. "Is this the average size for a group?" He asked, gesturing around the cave.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:04 pm

((OOC: I'm just going to say in advance that if I call Aura 'Ayra', I'm sorry.))

"No, not at all," replied Aura composedly. "We are a very small clan. Well, the merfolk half, anyway. The Sirens that have joined this clan are all from the same family - that would be mine - and that clan is quite large." She shrugged, gazing around the small group. "We could be larger if we would go back out into the open ocean, as most clans do. But the patriarch refuses to consider it."

A young male who had been watching them narrowly came over. He grinned up at Aura, who smiled back at him. "My son," she said by way of explanation.

The merman turned to examine Joshua carefully. "So you're the one Narcis told us about?" he said, frowning. "How come Sorry would come home for you?"

"Nezik," scolded Aura gently. "Be polite."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:16 pm

User Image

((Reading Eragon/Eldest/Brisinger? If I spelled that last one right....))

"So most live out in the sea? Not in caves like-?" Joshua broke off his question as the young merman came over. He examined Nezik just as carefully as he in turn was. Shrugging, the teen replied. "I had no idea she was avoiding home. I just asked to meet others. She came here of her own choice." He spoke carefully. He wasn't sure what Narcis had said about him. Neither did he know enough about the siren to haphazard a guess.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:24 pm

((OOC: No. I read Eragon once, and refused to read it again. I started Eldest and after fighting the good fight and making it to page 20, I threw in the towel. I'm sorry if you like his books, but I personally hate them with a passion that rivals my loathing for Twilight. Also, one of the details I can't burn out of my mind is that the chick's name was Arya, not Ayra.
Ayra is an RP character I have somewhere else and am currently slightly obsessed with. Also, the y and u keys are right next to each other on the keyboard.))

Nezik, apparently finished with his examination, nodded. "But she still came home for you," he said, sounding a little sad. "She wouldn't do it for us, but she did for you."

Aura looked down, but put a light hand on her son's shoulder. "Nezik, please," she said quietly. "If Katalina has not seen fit to explain her leave-taking to Joshua, it is not your place to do so." Continuing on to Joshua's question without missing a beat, she said, "Yes. Most clans live in the open ocean. We are one of the few that continue to live in caverns."

Although the boy pouted slightly, he did stop talking about his sister's desertion.

Instead, he asked Joshua, "Why did you want to meet other merfolk? Wasn't one enough?"

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:44 am

User Image

((Ah, right, My mind tends to read what it's used to. I saw the combo of A-y-r-a and my mind rearranged it. I'm sorry you hate the books so much. Can I ask why? Or will that get the books thrown at me?))

Privately, Joshua wondered just what had driven Katalina from her home. 'And why she wouldn't go home until I asked. Not that I specifically asked.' He nodded, listening to Aura's answer. He opened his mouth to ask another question when Nezik beat him to it. Joshua raised an eyebrow, looking at the merman strangely. "One being enough?" He spoke as if the answer was obvious and didn't need explaining. But Nezik had asked, so he would answer. "I suppose one would be enough if I was never given the chance to meet others. But no one knows everything and that is what I want: to learn everything. All the secrets of the sea."

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:32 pm

((OOC: It won't get the books thrown at you, but it will get you an incredibly TL;DR rant, so are you sure you want to ask that question?))

Nezik frowned. "But like you just said, no one knows everything," he replied. "Doesn't that include you?" Although he looked to be in his early teens, it was easy to wonder if he was much younger than that. He certainly behaved that way.

Aura shook her head at her son. "Nezik," she said warningly. "Joshua is here to ask us questions about our people, not for you to interrogate him. He is the guest. Let him satisfy his curiosity first."

Nezik sighed, but fell silent in deference to his mother's wishes.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:32 pm

User Image

((Yep. I still want to know what makes you hate them so much. If it's too long of a rant to post here, just pm it to me.))

Joshua sighed, giving Nezik a half-smile. "So? Doesn't mean I can't try. Besides, there's a chance I'll be the first because there's a first for everything. I doubt it, but doesn't stop me from trying." He chuckled, mostly at himself and his big dreams. Joshua looked thoughtful for a moment, then frowned. "Damn. I did have another question ready but it's gone out the window now." He crossed his arms, trying to recall what his question had been. He shrugged and looked at Aura. "He might as well ask another question. I don't mind, since I ask so many of my own."

User Image

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games