Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:08 pm
User Image

โ„‚๐•Œโ„โ„๐”ผโ„•๐•‹๐•ƒ๐•
                                                          โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
                                                          Dating Jeremy Long
                                                          Looking Adorkable at the Ravenclaw Table with Jer
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Hungry
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          โ Can we just skip the speech? โž

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Standing at your window screaming เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxx
                                                          Hoping you can hear my voice tonight เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxx
                                                          Screaming 'til my lungs collapse เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxxxxx
                                                          So I can finally know what this is all about เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceGypsy arched a brow at Iris' description of how they'd met, biting her lip to keep from laughing at it. That just didn't sound like the kind of thing that happened in real life. More like in one of Echo's films. Were Iris not so young and Jer not so very taken, she was pretty sure it would've qualified as a... what was the term? She knew there was one... Meet cute! That's exactly what it bloody was, except obviously without the romantic undertones... or, at least on Jer's side. She didn't know, maybe the kid had a crush on him or something. It would certain explain the little grin, and the pride on her face when she showed off the knife. Which probably would've rankled Gypsy normally, except Iris was basically a kid. Zero threat. And it was pretty obvious from Jer's tone as he elaborated on it that he'd taken on the older brother role with her. She winced lightly at his statement about neither of them being at school, not caring for any of the possible implications. She didn't even pretend to understand everything that went on in Jer's life when he was in the seedier parts of town. She wasn't sure she'd want to; she worried enough about him as it was. She did, however, coo appreciatively at him, because honestly it was sort of cute when he got all over-protective, and pressed a small kiss to his cheek.

spaceWhen he asked about Iris' boggart, she wrinkled her nose, shuddering faintly. A pragmatic person (read: Echo) might say (read: had said) that really, she should be thankful for her own boggart, given that it and its level of horrible was the reason she and Jer were in fact a couple and not still glaring at one another from across the room because they (alright, she) were too scared to actually admit their feelings for each other. That pragmatic person, however, would be an idiot, because seriously, she was still having nightmares. "Boggarts are awful," she said, shaking her head and making a faint gagging sound. "I'm not surprised someone ran out of the lesson... Merlin knows I would've run out of my bloody exam if I'd had the legs to do it." Her tone was sympathetic, and understanding; she didn't really figure that Iris would be keen on sharing with someone she didn't know, if it'd really been that bad, but still. It wasn't like she was going to judge the girl for it, which was the point she was trying to get across. Besides, some people had seen some seriously ******** up things, it only made sense that they'd have ******** up boggarts. Gypsy was pretty sure that, were he not a horror nut, Echo's would've almost certainly been a damned vampire, after what'd happened at the festival his first year. And that wasn't half as bad as it could've been; at least he hadn't actually been attacked. Gypsy honestly would've expected her own to have something to do with the body in the basement before she'd have thought... well. Half the reason she'd gotten so freaked out about that was because she'd thought he'd wake up and walk around, right? She shuddered again at the thought, unconsciously tightening her grip on Jer. She'd paled somewhat, her eyes and hair turning a shade darker. She really, really didn't like boggarts.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          xxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ This can't happen again;
                                                          xxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Sorry, but I'm tired of waiting
                                                          xxxxxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ And every single move you make
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ I can breathe again

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:39 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Third Year~Pure Blood

My heart can't possibly break.....

Iris shuddered at the mention of her boggart, but apparently she wasn't the only one who hated the creatures. The metamorphmagus literally darkened at the topic. Iris opened her mouth, closed it, then, with a wince, blurted out "It was me." ....That really did sound awful. She looked away uneasily.

She started to tuck her hair back, but her hand froze halfway as she recalled the same motion being used by the boggart. Her hand clenched into a fist as she dropped it to her knee. "I was all grown up, with a huge wedding ring, an even bigger black eye, a split lip, and a ring of bruises around my wrist," she said quietly. "She said it was inevitable. So I tried to burn her lying face off, swore at her, and left. .....I wasn't the most rational right then," Iris admitted.

She huffed and shook her head as she thought about what had happened next. "Professor Thorne ended up trying to do the 'do you want to talk' thing, but she's sort of got a terminal case of sheltered sympathetic adult going. I might have upset her worldview a tad. Apparently sarcasm and blatant masks go straight over her head," Iris told the teens with a descriptive wave of her hand and a little laugh.

.....When it wasn't even whole to start with*

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:36 am
User Image

User Image User ImageLocation: Great Hall โ€“ Ravenclaw Table

โ€œGood pointโ€ฆโ€ Dakota said realizing it was like every other school heโ€™d been too. However, Hogwarts to him wasnโ€™t like any other school heโ€™d been too. Not in his mind it wasnโ€™t. Looking to the front of the hall Dakota smiled as he listened to the standings. Although Ravenclaw didnโ€™t have a good turnout this year he still had a lot of fun. โ€œLooks like your sister won this year.โ€ He said brightly. Looking to the table he added. โ€œBetter luck next year.โ€

This would be the last time heโ€™d eat this good for a while. Although depressing Dakota didnโ€™t mind the idea of going home for the holidays. โ€œSo you have any plans for the summer?โ€ he asked curiously as he took a chicken wing and started eating it.

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

With: housemates... Dmitri

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

User Image

Arkendrai

A rather curious lad aren't you?
Not to mention quite inventive.
You'll find your home in...
Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:09 pm
User Image
                                                      How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad
                                                      Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
                                                      I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
                                                      Can't understand what I mean?
                                                      Well, you soon will
                                                      I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
                                                      I have a history of taking off my shirt

User Image
                                                      โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

$ล‚โ‘‚ั‚ะฝโ„ฎา‘ั—ฮท โ„™ัโ„ฏแธŸโ„ฏยขั‚ || ฯŸแธฏโœ–ั‚โ™„ ยฅฮตฮฑา‘ || แน”า‘รธสŠโ…พ โ™สŠแธ“โ™ญโ„“รธโ˜บโ…พ

Jer let out a low whistle, tipping his hat back and frowning at Iris's description of her boggart. No wonder she ran off. He didn't exactly run from his boggart, but he wasn't too happy with what it showed about himself either. He had to admit, no one appreciated seeing what they feared up close and personal. "Bleedin' bells, I'da run after summa' li' tha' too. Ain' no one gonna tell me tha' I'd be stuck inna relationship li' tha'. Bu' thing abou' boggarts Dove is tha' no matter wot that 'appen ta be, they're always jus' a glimpse a' wot we're scared of. I always figured this: if yer strong enough no' ta le' i' 'appen, then i' won' 'appen. Ya already know wot ya don' wan' in life, an' ya jus' gotta make sure ya can ge' wot ya do."

Jer shrugged at Iris, knowing that he couldn't exactly blame Thorne for some of the things she did. She was a professor, and like Jer's own adopted mum tended to take her position of head of house very seriously. If she hadn't, she probably wouldn't be working in the castle. "Adults do tha' ya know. Can' faul' 'er fer tryin', even if she can' 'elp as much as she 'opes she can. Mos' adults are li' tha'. Bleedin' bells, me own mum does tha' on occasion, an' I'm sure tha' this year I was called inta 'er office a' leas' 'alf a dozen times ta jus' spend time wif me. Ya jus' gotta realize tha' adults ain' gonna see ya as bein' mature until ya go ou' an' make somethin' o' yerself." He shrugged and decided to heck with it, and plopped his hat down on her head, to then wrap a hand around Gypsy's shoulders. "Ye'll be alrigh', ya jus' gotta make sure tha' ya stand on yer own two fee' is all."

Thoughts: Hrm, what about some simple spells and charms to go with the street magic?
                                                      Taken By: Gypsy Lovette
                                                      OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

It's been one week since you looked at me
                                                      Cocked your head to the side and said "I'm angry"
                                                      Five days since you laughed at me saying
                                                      "Get that together come back and see me"
                                                      Three days since the living room
                                                      I realized it's all my fault, but couldn't tell you
                                                      Yesterday you'd forgiven me
                                                      but it'll still be two days till I say I'm sorry

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:53 pm
User Image

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
                                                          Dating Jeremy Long
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Hungry
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceGypsy frowned at the Hufflepuff when she spoke, suppressing a shudder. Boggarts that took human form were never fun. Any sort of boggart that showed a person meant that whoever it was targeting had something really dark lurking in their subconscious. For it to've been herself? Had to be awful. Gypsy's boggart third year had been a walk in the park compared to her OWL, but she was pretty sure that was an exception. The more the girl spoke, the paler Gypsy grew, expression growing dark. There was only one reason for a girl to be afraid to see herself like that, she thought, eyes narrowing. Wedding ring and a black eye meant spousal abuse, and most girls didn't worry about that sort of thing. Not unless they saw it happening. Her eyes flashed red, jaw tightening. What the hell was Iris' dad like, then?

spaceA small part of her wanted to scream at Jer for his reaction, namely because he hadn't even remotely addressed the issue. If she hadn't known him as well as she did, she'd have worried that it'd gone over his head. But, Jer wasn't an idiot, he'd seen all sorts of awful things happen. He could recognize it for what it was. The rational part of her mind reminded her that, if he wasn't speaking up, he had a very good reason. That reason probably being that they were in the Great Hall, which was not particularly the best place to ask someone if her dad beat her mum. And, really, his advice was sound. Gypsy just hoped that Iris didn't decide her boggart was right, and that ending up like that was inevitable. The metamorphmagus hummed in faint agreement at Jer's assessment of Thorne's attempt at helping. "It's hard to offer advice to someone who's going through something beyond your scope of understanding," Gypsy murmured. "People try, but most of the time, the fact that they put in the effort to try ends up mattering more than whatever they did." She watched Jer drop his hat on the girl's head, lips quirking up in faint amusement, though her eyes were still a fiery red. Iris was lucky she had someone looking out for her. Especially someone like Jer... Gypsy ducked herself down so that she could settle in under his arm, head resting on his shoulder. She got the feeling that a moment like this was not one where she should be getting the warm fuzzies for her boyfriend, but they were there. Oh, well.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

User Image

Diamond Wales

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:11 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

Ravenclaw โ”‚ Second Year โ”‚ 12 Years Old โ”‚ Single โ”‚ Chaser

Dylan figured that even if he had to do a little last minute planning for next year, he didn't want to focus on that right now. The end of the year feast was supposed to be enjoyable, and Dylan wouldn't enjoy it very much if he was stressing himself out because of electives. "So, Timothy, what are you planning to do this summer?" He himself hadn't planned on much, as his life wasn't very eventful. In fact, it was quite boring. But he was only 12, and had little opportunities to make it more exciting at this point in his life.

In a way, he figured he'd miss school, which would sound weird coming from an average student. But going to Hogwarts occupied his time, kept him busy, and gave him something to do. Thankfully he'd only have three months of doing absolutely nothing, but hey, maybe some unexpected things could happen in the summer months. If not, well, it's always good to have some downtime.

Yukina101

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
What: Conversation
Where: End of the year feast
With: Timothy and others

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:24 pm

A squeak escaped Iris when the hat dropped on her head. She ducked under it a bit, letting it shade her eyes as she peeked over at the metamorph. The bright red eyes were certainly a clue about how the other girl felt about her boggart. "It's...it's not like you're thinking. Really," she reassured the other girl. "There aren't fists flying at home, just....well, father is busy, mother is catty, and as Jer knows, she flicked her eyes to the boy, along with a slight shrug, "I've taken to sleeping and bathing at home, and running the streets of London the rest of the time."

Pushing the hat more securely onto her head and tipping the brim up a bit, she sat up straighter. "Like I said. That boggart lied. The day anyone raises a hand to me is the day I leave. I'm no one's victim," Iris stated with conviction. Then she glanced at Jer. "As to the deputy Headmistress...I suppose. I do get the feeling she meant well. She was just so...ickle firstie about it," she said, wrinkling her nose. "I suggested she try getting out sometime, maybe socialize a little to stay in touch a bit better. Merlin knows the poor teachers spend enough time cooped up here!" And Iris really hoped that why so many adults seemed more sheltered than the littlest firsties. She knew they all had to have been kids once themselves, but...most adults were amazingly oblivious.

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:57 pm
User Image
                                                      How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad
                                                      Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
                                                      I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
                                                      Can't understand what I mean?
                                                      Well, you soon will
                                                      I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
                                                      I have a history of taking off my shirt

User Image

$ล‚โ‘‚ั‚ะฝโ„ฎา‘ั—ฮท โ„™ัโ„ฏแธŸโ„ฏยขั‚ || ฯŸแธฏโœ–ั‚โ™„ ยฅฮตฮฑา‘ || แน”า‘รธสŠโ…พ โ™สŠแธ“โ™ญโ„“รธโ˜บโ…พ

Jer's jaw tightened a bit and his hand itched to go to the knife he knew was in his pocket. He resisted though, and instead gave Iris a considering look. She didn't realize, did she? It took a lot more than fists flying to do real damage to someone. Half the kids at the orphanage he spent a good chunk of his life at had problems that were caused not by physical means, but by careless words and negligence. Kenny was in that boat, but not to the same degree. He did have a loving parent, just not two like he was supposedly adopted into. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. He really didn't want to have this talk, but it did need to be said. "Dove, jus' because yer no' bein' 'it doesn' mean tha' i' ain' abuse. Bein' ignored does th' same thing. Same as someone decidin' ta make ya feel bad jus' by talkin' ta ya. Same thing, it's jus' a' a emotional level, an' prolly mental. A lo' o' kids back in th' orphanage ended up there after bein' taken outta 'omes li' tha'."

Jer however nodded at Iris's statement that she was leaving the moment someone struck her, though he honestly wished that he could just take her home and let Frida mother her. The older woman would love doing that, especially since she had it in her head that she had to be a mother to everyone. Which was funny considering that she was a pureblood, and according to Luke, related to some psycho that hated kids. Maybe she missed the psycho gene? Though he chuckled a bit at the comment about ickle firsties and being treated as such. "Aw, bu' who would tormen' them if they weren' around students all th' time? I'll 'ave ya know tha' I know of a' leas' one guy tha' made i' 'is job ta prank everyone in th' school a' leas' once, includin' th' teachers. Pretty sure tha' when 'e lef', th' teachers 'ad a 'oliday." He might have seemed to be ignoring the glaring part about Iris andher familial issues, but he honestly didn't know how to convince her that she was probably in a bad place. Besides, she was right about the fact that she didn't spend a lot of time there. Mostly treated it like he treated the Slytherin dorms.

Thoughts: Hrm, what about some simple spells and charms to go with the street magic?
                                                      Taken By: Gypsy Lovette
                                                      OOC:

[x]

It's been one week since you looked at me
                                                      Cocked your head to the side and said "I'm angry"
                                                      Five days since you laughed at me saying
                                                      "Get that together come back and see me"
                                                      Three days since the living room
                                                      I realized it's all my fault, but couldn't tell you
                                                      Yesterday you'd forgiven me
                                                      but it'll still be two days till I say I'm sorry

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:29 am
User Image

Dating Jeremy Long
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Hungry
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceGypsy frowned at Iris; she supposed that her reaction to the girl's words had been pretty obvious, of course. The fact that the Hufflepuff was trying to cover it up, though, rankled her more than a little. She relaxed somewhat when Iris said that she wasn't home much, thinking that even if she was right and telling the truth, and the abuse wasn't physical, at least the girl wasn't around to see it. Not that the streets of London were a particularly safe place for a thirteen year old girl to wander, but if she had Jer looking after her, she'd be alright. Still, she snorted. "Yeah, well, if you need a better place to sleep and shower..." she said, trailing off. The invitation was obvious, though she doubted highly if Iris would take her up on it. If she did, though, it wasn't like they didn't have plenty of room. She listened faintly to Jer, carefully watching Iris for some sort of reaction. She didn't know much about abuse, beyond that it happened. She'd only recognized the boggart for what it was because it was glaringly obvious. Honestly, she was sort of sheltered. Her biggest complaint was her grandparents and their nitpicking and purist leanings. Her grandfather could be a bit verbally abusive with her dad, but her mum never let him get away with it, and he'd never dared to try it on either her or Echo. Gypsy was pretty sure it was because they were all aware that Piper Lovette would probably not hesitate to commit murder if someone did something to her kids.

spaceThe fact that Iris would apparently leave if things did get physical was somewhat comforting, though Gypsy had to wonder if her plan after that was to just live on the streets. Jer wouldn't let that happen, though. He'd figure something out, she was sure. And she had just told Iris that she could crash at her place, though not in so many words. Getting the girl there might prove to be an issue, but given that she was old enough to Apparate, all it took was her knowing that she needed to be somewhere to get Iris. She didn't know how her parents would react to a semi-permanent new resident, but she knew them well enough to know that they'd at least let the girl stay with them until she could figure something else out. If not let her move in completely. Which, honestly, Gypsy wasn't entirely sure on that, Thackery pretty much let Piper run the place and Piper was a generous person. Money might be a little tight, but it wasn't like they spent much of that anyway, side from their positively horrendous electricity bill.

spaceShe managed a faintly amused chuckle over the Deputy Headmistress, and Jer's mention of Luke. She arched a brow faintly at him. "You know, first year, I was bound and determined to get the same sort of send-off from them. Pretty sure that's buggered all to hell, seeing as they made me prefect, huh?" Suddenly something occurred to her, and she frowned. "Least I probably don't have to worry about being Head Girl, though. Ronna's got that in the bag, surely to God, right?" she asked, shuddering faintly at the idea of being saddled with that particular responsibility. Oh, no, she was soooo not going to actually be in charge of all the damn prefects. Helping the younger kids, sure, she liked that. But she was not about to be the one to make sure the other prefects were doing their jobs. Hell no. Quidditch Captain was enough of a pain in the arse, to say nothing of her NEWTs, ugh. She was not adding "Responsibility for all prefects, including David League" to the list of crap she had to deal with her last year at school.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:16 am

Iris...looked away. Part of her knew Jeremy was right. That time she'd blacked out and come to getting her gym pass...she knew eleven year olds didn't get those without parental approval. There was a good chance she'd had some sort of accidental magic burst then. Happy eleven year olds didn't have accidental magic bursts like that. Normal eleven year olds didn't run away because the thought of staying home made them feel ill. Normal twelve year olds didn't dread the end of the school year and having to go home. Normal thirteen year olds didn't have boggarts that looked like abused wives. But...the rest of Iris ignored this, shushed it and tried to hide it away. Iris shrugged. "I've never wanted for anything, not really. And if patterns hold, I won't be seeing them much at all this summer, or any other. So...it doesn't really matter one way or another," Iris justified. "Though I appreciate the offer, Gypsy."

She shrugged at the mention of a prankster, she didn't keep up with much of that. Though...she'd probably spooked a person or two with her parkour the past year. Could that be considered pranking? Eh, probably not unless it was deliberate. Iris chuckled at the though of a the brightly-colored girl as Head Girl. "Oh Circe. Someone would act up, and you'd storm up to them, bright red hair and eyes, and ask them what. they thought. they were DOING. ....and they'd wet themselves!" Iris said with a giggle. She tilted her head. "Red is your angry color, right?" she confirmed.

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:30 pm
There's a black bird in the cage of my ribs,
I can hear his song all night long.
And when he sings, the air, it shatters...
Like a thousand shards of glass.
And I will open my body!
But I know he will not fly free!
Sorrow, she comes a courtin',
With her pale hands held in mine.
And I will lay there by her side...

User Image
ฮฑ ะธ ั‚ ฤฑ g รธ ะธ e
ยข ฮฑ ลก ลก ฤฑ รธ ฯ e ฤฑ ฮฑ
ล‚ ฤฑ ล‚ ล‚ ฮฑ ะธ ั‚ ฤฑ ะธ e

ัฮฑฮฝeะธยขล‚ฮฑฯ‰ โ”‚ fฤฑัลกั‚ ั‡eฮฑั โ”‚ ฯฯ…ัeะฒล‚รธรธฤ‘ โ”‚ ลกeยขรธะธฤ‘ ะฒรธัะธ

What the Hat had told Anti had made her- for an instant- straighten up with pride at finally having her intellect recognized by someone, anyone, even if it was an article of clothing that happened to be able to speak. What it had announced to the entire hall right after that had made her want to curl up into a ball and die. Ravenclaw. Not Slytherin. Ravenclaw. She sat there for longer than she should have, face as white as snow, wondering it were a sick a joke and everyone was about to start laughing at her. No one laughed, so she had to take off the hat and hand it back to the professor, before tottering weakly over to the Ravenclaw table, every inch of her burning with shame. She could feel her older brother's gaze drilling holes in her spine. It made sense, then, that her first urgent thought was Vander is going to murder me, and then Father and Mother will dig me up to murder me again. She was a Lillantine. This was not supposed to happen. Even Vio, the blood traitor, the 'weak link' raised by inferiors, was a Slytherin now. What did that make her? Cy would probably end up in Slytherin, and they'd all thought him a squib. Vander had always called their younger brother a freak of nature, a defect, some anomaly that wasn't right because his magic had showed up so late. What did that make her? She was an embarrassment now. Of course, it could have been worse, like Hufflepuff or Gryffindor, but still. Ravenclaw was barely acceptable. People would think she was some sort of... dissenter or rebel. A black sheep. Her lower lip trembled, but she was not about to cry in front of a bunch of lessers. She stared at the knots in the wood of the table instead, and refused to look up to acknowledge anyone else.

OOC:
Username

All night long and we will walk.
Through this garden of serpent trees!
And I will yet dream through this night...
Filled with falling stars.
There's a bright bird in the seat of my skull,
And when he sings, he brings the dawn to me.
When he sings, the air, it shimmers!
Like a thousand tongues of fire!
And I will draw him close and I pray he will not fly away.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:06 pm
User Image

c ฯ… r r e n ั‚ l y
                                                          โ™ฅ jั”rั”mั‡ lฯƒng โ™ฅ
                                                          Looking Adorkable at the Ravenclaw Table with her Housemates
                                                          xxxา“eelฮนngxxx
                                                          Concerned
                                                          xxxั‚ะฝฮนnฤธฮนngxxx
                                                          โ Sheesh, and I thought I was disappointed to get Ravenclaw... โž

รญ dฯƒn't wฮฑnnฮฑ fฮฑll tฯƒ p รญ ั” c ั” s เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxxxxx
                                                          รญ just wฮฑnnฮฑ sรญt ฮฑnd s t ฮฑ r ั” ฮฑ t ั‡ ฯƒ u เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxx
                                                          รญ dฯƒn't wฮฑnnฮฑ t ฮฑ l k ฮฑ ะฒ ฯƒ u t รญt เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxx

spaceGypsy had, of course, been watching the Sorting, like a dutiful prefect. In reality, there just wasn't much else to do, if she were honest, and she did still want to get a good look at this year's batch of first years. She watched with disinterested eyes, doing the obligatory cheering whenever someone made it into her own house, but overall she was really just waiting for it to hurry up and be over, like always. It struck her that this was absolutely the last sorting she was ever going to sit through, which felt really weird to think about. All in all, she was barely paying attention, at least until one of the new Ravenclaws caught her eye. She noticed the look on the girl's face when she was sorted, the wooden way she'd walked to their table. It wasn't difficult to see that she wasn't too happy about the hat's decision to place her in Ravenclaw, Gypsy thought with a small frown. The pink-haired prefect sighed, figuring that it was sort of her job to check on the girl, and poked Jer, gesturing with a tilt of her head to let him know where she was going.

spaceThe Ravenclaw stood then and moved down the table a ways, sitting across from the child, trying to look as non-intrusive as possible, which admittedly wasn't very much, what with the obnoxiously-colored hair. "Hey, there," she said, trying to see if there was absolutely anything she could discern about the girl. Unfortunately, Sherlock Holmes she was not, so the brilliant conclusion she came away with was that, no, Miss Antigone Lillantine did not want to be in Ravenclaw. The metamorphmagus thought the name sounded somewhat familiar, and figured that it was probably one of those old, pureblood families, like hers... though probably not a Ravenclaw one. Slytherin? That would certainly explain why she was upset, Gypsy thought, and then she was silently congratulating herself for coming up with a plausible theory. Still, it didn't exactly help her figure out what the hell she was supposed to do in this situation. "I'm Gypsy Lovette, seventh year prefect. You alright?" She inwardly slapped herself for that, obviously the girl wasn't alright, she looked like she was about to burst into tears, for crying out loud! She uttered a frustrated little 'hm' at herself, then tried again. "... Need to talk about something? Feeling overwhelmed? First night in the castle can be like that," she ventured, thinking that was as close as she could reasonably come to outright asking if the girl didn't want to be at that table. Even if it was obvious, no need to shout it for anyone and everyone to hear, right? Ugh, Xavier owed her big time for handling this, because she could already tell it was going to be a pain. She just hoped she didn't manage to royally screw it up. Though, with her track record... hmph, maybe she should've pointed the Head Boy in Antigone's direction after all.

xxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ ฮฑnd รญ dฯƒn't wฮฑnt ฮฑ c ฯƒ n v ั” r s ฮฑ t รญ ฯƒ n
                                                          xxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ รญ just wฮฑnnฮฑ c r ั‡ รญ n f r ฯƒ n t ฯƒf ั‡ฯƒu
                                                          xxxxxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ รญ dฯƒn't wฮฑnnฮฑ t ฮฑ l k ฮฑ ะฒ ฯƒ u t รญ t
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ 'cฮฑusั” รญ'm รญ n l ฯƒ v ั” wรญth ั‡ ฯƒ u

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:19 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

โœงWearing โœงRavenclaw Table โœงNothing โœงNo one โœงI was placed here

๏ผฅ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ’๏ฝ allowed a slight relieved grin once the hat was taken off her head and she trotted along to the table of blue and bronze. She noticed her originally all black robes take on the crest and colors of her new house and vowed that when the time was right to look up such an enchantment. The newly sorted student took the seat that was closest which just happened to be at the very end of the table. She spotted two of her acquaintances(?) at the other table of bright red and gold and was happy they were in the house of their choice. Both of them rather suited Gryffindor from all that she had read about it and she was sure they would flourish with time. A little ways away she saw a girl who had been sorted before her looking forlorn and wondered if this hadn't been the house she wanted. Since she didn't know the girl very well, or at all actually, so she didn't move from her spot and silently wished she had brought her book bag with her to reread her textbooks. She supposed she could just review the little she had memorized for classes in the morning.

Quote:

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
When the world's crashing down
When I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:33 pm
There's a black bird in the cage of my ribs,
I can hear his song all night long.
And when he sings, the air, it shatters...
Like a thousand shards of glass.
And I will open my body!
But I know he will not fly free!
Sorrow, she comes a courtin',
With her pale hands held in mine.
And I will lay there by her side...

User Image
ฮฑ ะธ ั‚ ฤฑ g รธ ะธ e
ยข ฮฑ ลก ลก ฤฑ รธ ฯ e ฤฑ ฮฑ
ล‚ ฤฑ ล‚ ล‚ ฮฑ ะธ ั‚ ฤฑ ะธ e

ัฮฑฮฝeะธยขล‚ฮฑฯ‰ โ”‚ fฤฑัลกั‚ ั‡eฮฑั โ”‚ ฯฯ…ัeะฒล‚รธรธฤ‘ โ”‚ ลกeยขรธะธฤ‘ ะฒรธัะธ

Anti did her best to shrink into herself as she realized someone, someone older and bigger, was sitting down across from her. She sneaked a glance up and did a double take at the brightly colored hair and makeup, as well as the jewelry and the way the uniform was worn on the older girl. She had to be at least a sixth year, if not a seventh year and basically an adult. And Anti did not have the best track record with making a good impression on adults. She was about to be scolded or reprimanded, wasn't she? For misbehaving- well, not really misbehaving but sulking rather than watching the Sorting. Of course she must have already broken some sort of rule. She'd probably lose points for her house on her very first night, not that it mattered. No one was going to like her, anyways, not when she so clearly did not want to be here. They'd think her a snob or a freak, or both.

The girl's greeting was casual enough, and it was followed up by her name, Gypsy, which would have sent Anti's mother into a fit of hysterical laughter and made her father scowl over... something. Probably about how ridiculous it sounded, but it wasn't as though Antigone could talk. Her brothers made fun of her name all the time. The last name Lovette was most certainly pureblooded, but Anti had her doubts as to whether this girl was. She wasn't surprised. This was Ravenclaw, which prided the mind over everything else, including blood and heritage. Was she alright? No, she wanted to scream, I am not alright. I've just spat on my surname and I'll never live this down. I am going to be 'the Ravenclaw Lillantine' until the day I die. Anti was very good at not saying what she wanted to, though, so she said what she thought the older girl wanted to hear. "Yes, I'm... I'm fine, thank you," she managed to say in a small, mostly tremble-free tone. After all, she seriously doubted Gypsy wanted to be over here, counseling a first year. What seventh year would? "It's just a little overwhelming, being here, is all." Her voice was barely above a whisper, but she was afraid she'd sound like she was about to start bawling her eyes out if she went any louder. She really didn't need everyone staring at her right now.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

All night long and we will walk.
Through this garden of serpent trees!
And I will yet dream through this night...
Filled with falling stars.
There's a bright bird in the seat of my skull,
And when he sings, he brings the dawn to me.
When he sings, the air, it shimmers!
Like a thousand tongues of fire!
And I will draw him close and I pray he will not fly away.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:48 pm
User Image

User Image

Fษชส€sแด› Yแด‡แด€ส€ |โ… | Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก |โ… | Hแด€สŸา“-BสŸแดแดแด…

Text.

"Thank you," Selina said quietly to the Sorting Hat, as she waited for the teacher to lift it from her head, and took to heart what she was told. Sensing a bit of magic taking place, Selina glanced down and saw her tie taking on the House colours for Ravenclaw, and the eagle crest materializing upon her robes. 'Well, if that isn't confirmation, then nothing else is,' she thought.

Selina wasn't sure whether to be relieved or not that the Hat found a place for her in Ravenclaw. While she knew Mother Grey and Aunt Livinia would be pleased she made it into the same House as they, now she would have to prove to her new Housemates and her predecessors she belonged among their number.

The young red-tressed witch drew a deep breath as she rose to her feet, and made her way to one of the tables towards the middle of the room, where the other students wore blue and silver crests upon their robes. 'Congratulations,' she thought, 'you made it into the House you figured you would. Now the real test begins.' As she approached the table she started looking for friendly faces.

OOC:
                                                    User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games