Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:09 pm
@Fishing!

As Kojiro realized his best chance to win slipped through his fingers, he just couldn't take it anymore. He began to swim to shore and mournfully crawled up the beach. He would bow deeply to Raicho-sama and simply state "I forfeit."  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 6, 7, 1, 6 Total: 22 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:12 pm
@Shogi Competition

Kagae would assess his current situation, he still had most of his pawns left and some of his power pieces mostly now guarding his king. He decided to spread his pawns in a scattered formation spreading themselves out so that in most cases if one was taken a pawn would avenge its brothers death.

"You're proving to be my most... Formidable opponent yet... The first was annoying... The second shugenja with no experience in strategy or this game... Hogai-san who has about the same amount of experience in strategy as I do... How have your opponents been?"

(Calling 1 raise to lower my TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 20 Result: )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:18 pm
@ Fishing!

A minute or so after the group had already arrived at the cliff-side came Kyumi running after them quickly and almost excitedly. Which was... more than a little odd as she hadn't been actively watching the earlier events.

"Did we miss much?" She'd ask to no one in particular before going right to the edge to see exactly what was going on in the water below.

"Aww... It looks like we missed the first dive..." Kyumi would then lean closer over the edge as far as she could without risking falling in. She would watch as Kojiro struggled in the water below and wondered out loud, perhaps a bit louder than she had meant to, "He did dive, right? He wasn't just pushed in? ...I'm not sure that counts as swimming."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm
@ Athletics Competition, Fishing Expedition:

Susumu's Outing:

• Diving: TN 25
  • Swimming Out: TN 20
  • Fish Spotting: TN 10
  • Fish Wrangling: TN 5
  • Fish Capturing: TN 15

Taking off his vest and bandana, Susumu would stretch his muscles, eagerly overlooking the ocean from the clifftop. "Hisashi-san, watch me catch the biggest fish!" he announced into the air, as he dove headfirst into the frigid waters below. {20 vs TN 25, 5 wounds, Susumu is still Healthy!}

Gasping for air once he surfaced, Susumu would begin to swim outward, beyond the floundering Scorpion as he tried to get as much distance as he could! {15 vs TN 20; quality reduced by 1!}

Man, it was easier to cope with this water when you're on a ship! Susumu settled for a closer spot than he had intended, as he looked for a suitable fish, raising twice for superfish! {42 vs TN 10+10, quality increased by +2!}

Spotting a sizable one, he would suddenly dive, attempting to get his grubby Mantis hands on it! Soon, he surfaced with a large fish in a bear hug, thicker than a man's arm! He squeezed it until the fight slipped right out of it, grinning as he kept getting dunked by its thrashing! {18 vs TN 5! Fish subdued!}

He would kick with his legs, raising once to grab Kojiro's wrist as he was trying to drown himself as he swam himself, the scorpion, and the fish up to shore, in what would be record time if such things were kept back then! {28 vs TN 15+5!}

Susumu would present a +1 fish to Raicho, as well as a waterlogged landlubber!

ROLLY POLLY FISH HEADS SCOREBOARD
Yoritomo Susumu +1 fish! -1 Scorpion!
Bayushi Kojiro -∞ fish!

Horiuchi Sayoko
Isawa Sosuke
Ujina Denbe

--------------------

There's also a pretty Kitsu girl who apparently showed up, standing upon the cliff and watching as bushi throw themselves off of it like lemmings!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Shosuro Naizen gains a free banked raise!

Kaiu Kagae has 0 banked raises. TN 15
Shosuro Naizen has 5 banked raises. TN 10

Naizen would scoff from beneath the cloth covering the lower half of his face. He chose this time not to make eye contact with Kagae. "You are your own worst enemy. That is the cause of your impending defeat." Naizen would then begin to attack Kagae's front lines, using much the same pieces that he had used on the Scorpion and on Hogai earlier. {1 raise, 23 vs TN 15, Naizen banks a raise!}  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 3, 3, 1, 4 Total: 19 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:34 pm
@Shogi Competition

"I didn't ask you that."

At this point it was all damage control on Kagae's part he tried to get a stalemate going until he could think of something to do.

(No raises 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 15 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:36 pm
@ Fishing!

Kyumi would make a tsking sound. "Just watch. Now that he's boasted about it, he'll only get a minnow! Or right after he comes to shore, all the big fish will come out." She'd watch Susumu's dive with interest. She wasn't all that impressed, and was even less so when she saw him have some trouble swimming out.

"Ancestors... I thought the Mantis Clan was supposed to be able to actually swim!" Kyumi would almost roll her eyes at that, though she'd become quiet when she saw that the Mantis man had succeeded both in bringing a fish and helping the Scorpion back to land.

She'd grumble, "That one probably got caught because it was too sick to fight him off. I bet Isawa-san will bring in the best one. "

((And while I haven't mentioned her, Omi is indeed in the background if a certain Scorpion decides to pester her. XD))  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 3, 6, 7, 9 Total: 25 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:39 pm
@Athletics Competition, Fishing Expedition:

Kojiro would thank Susumu and after talking to and bowing to Raicho-sama, Kojiro would trudge back up towards the cliff. They'll NEVER let me live this down. So much for "I can swim".

As he neared the top of the cliff, he would see a woman in a bright kimono with a more plainly dressed attendant. No time like the present. I needed to speak with her anyways.

"Hello!" Kojiro cried out brightly to the woman. "You must be Kitsu-san. I am Bayushi Kojiro. I'm sorry that I could not put on a finer show for you." Kojiro bowed appropriately.

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette (4k3)
Results: 22  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:44 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Shosuro Naizen has 6 banked raises. TN 10

The difference in this scenario is that Naizen had a front line to absorb Kagae's attack, and Kagae had already lost his. Naizen would waste little time, as he moved to pin the king between generals, where the best they could do was sacrifice themselves. {1 raise, and spending 6 banked raises to put Kagae in check; 20 vs TN 15, and Naizen lowers his TN by 5!}

Kagae, TN 25 roll or be put in check!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm
@ Fishing:

Kitsu Kyumi gains a free raise on all social rolls vs Bayushi Kojiro after his performance! This lasts until the end of the event!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 7, 9, 6, 10 Total: 40 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:46 pm
@Shogi competition

"Still haven't answered my question..."

Kagae tried to hide his king behind another piece in hopes of not ending the game here.

(5k3 goooo! Result: 34)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:51 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Shosuro Naizen has 0 banked raises. TN 5

"Your failure to see the answer is but one of many flaws," he would say cryptically, studying the mixed battlefield.

Naizen apparently got greedy, as Kagae managed to blindside his advancing 'party', taking out a bishop and a knight alike. Not enough to cripple him, but it left Kagae's rear flank still a little TOO strong for the Shosuro's tastes.

This time, he would move cautiously up, consolidating his lost offensive. {1 raise, 30 vs TN 15, 1 banked raise!}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 10, 5, 2 Total: 22 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:55 pm
@Shogi Competition

Kagae noticing the chance tried to ease the pressure off himself and give himself room to move.

"It is not a flaw... The point being I did not play against them... You did and I am asking your opinion of them... If you wish to be rude could you please have proper reason to do so..."

(Calling 1 raise to lower Kagae's TN. 5k3 vs TN 20 Result: 24 )  
Mongooseh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:56 pm
(Splodey save me!)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 4, 6, 2, 10, 10 Total: 44 (7-70)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:58 pm
@ Fishing

"Hm?" Kyumi blinked in surprise. She clearly hadn't expected someone to interrupt her "event commentary". "Yes, I'm Kitsu Kyumi... Is there something you want?"

She regarded Kojiro with some wariness. Kenichi had warned her that the other Scorpions might try to retaliate after what had happened with Maru; she had kept (or at least tried to) Omi with her whenever she could for that reason. Yet, one approached her openly now...

"If this has anything to do with Soshi-san, you are better off returning to the beach."

Still, he was being polite enough... For now. She'd try to be just as polite as he was.

((Rolling etiquette to stay polite and not be too mean to Kojiro. 5k3 = 19 ))  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games