Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:48 pm

((OOC: Heh heh heh. You'll be sorry.))

Nezik hastily jumped on the invitation before Aura could silence him. "So is Sorry going to stay? Do you know? Did she tell you?" he asked eagerly. He sounded very young, and rather pathetic in his eagerness. He didn't even give Joshua a chance to respond before continuing, "What does 'out the window' mean? What's a window?"

Aura's eyes softened a little, but she still shook her head at her impetuous son. "Nezik," she said gently. "Just because he has been kind enough to let you ask questions doesn't mean you need to inundate him with them. Let him answer a few at a time."
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm

User Image

((Probably, but if I didn't ask, then I'd be even sorrier cause I'd be going around forever wondering. And unanswered questions drive me insane.))

Joshua blinked at the tirade of questions launched at him. Idly, he wondered if he ever seemed like that to others. Few had ever returned his question sprees quite like this. Still, he did his best to answer. "I have no idea how long she plans to stay. I hadn't even know she was coming home until we entered the cave."

He chuckled at the next pair of questions, realizing he'd used a human phrase that Nezik wouldn't know about. Unconsciously, Joshua's hands shaped out a window as he spoke. "A window is a hole in the side of a human dwelling. It lets in light and fresh air. 'Out the window' is a phrase meaning that something is gone. Irretrievable. Lost. It's usually used when referring to thoughts."

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:24 pm

((OOC: Still think so? whee ))

Nezik puzzled over this for a few minutes, then nodded. "Okay. But wh--" His question was cut off by an angry shout from one of the tunnels - not the one Katalina had gone down, but a different one. The boy glanced over his shoulder down that tunnel and frowned. "Mom?" he inquired.

Aura shrugged. "I don't know, darling. I'll go check in a moment," she said reassuringly.

Nezik nodded and turned back to Joshua. "What are human dwellings?" he asked. "Do they live in caves like we do, or on the land, or what?" Then he blinked. "Do things that go out the window come back?"

Aura smiled faintly. "If you happen to think of any questions while my son is interrogating you, Joshua, feel free to ask him. I need to go see what that was." She left them.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:01 pm

User Image

((Not really. Wasn't too bad as I was expecting something even longer the way you were talking. Curiosity satisfied. ^_^))

Joshua glanced at the tunnel in curiosity before nodding to Aura as she left. He turned his attention to Nezik. His hands moved again as he spoke, creating shapes in the air. "Humans live in houses. That's what they call them. They take other materials like stone and stuff and shape it to how they want. Usually four walls and a top. Inside can be split into several sections depending on the design."

Joshua grinned at the young merman. "Things don't usually come back in the window. Thought-wise, it's not called coming back in the window when the thought is found. Physically? Things are usually brought back in the door if thrown out the window."

He paused, realizing that Nezik probably wouldn't know what a door was either. "A door is like the entrance to a cave, but humans put a blocker on it. The block can be moved away to enter or exit."

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:32 pm

Madness_Delivers
Aoife smiled. "But I think if I were human I'd be like you an d Joshua."

Joey thought for a second. "Huh, really? Interesting logic you have there...its probably true, as long as we had no knowledge of our pasts in the water or on land."
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:48 pm

((OOC: Great. 8D
Also. Argh. Writer's block from hell. HELL, I tell you.))

Nezik frowned. "A block? That seems like it would be awfully heavy," he said uncertainly. "Do they have to push it around all the time? What if someone forgets to push it back?"

Several more shouts came from the tunnel that Aura had gone down. Marcus reappeared from the first tunnel, although Narcis and Katalina remained conspicuously absent. Eyes narrowed, he went down the second tunnel, and Nezik grinned. "Someone's gonna get in trouble," he said.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Aoife gave a smirk. "I was thinking about, the wanting of something you don't understand."
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Joey nodded. "Indeed. As some people say, 'be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.'" Joey looked at her, checking to see if she understood.

Drunken_Ninja08

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Aoife nodded. "I think I understand."
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:31 am

User Image

Joshua shook his head. "They make it out of light materials. It constantly needs to be moved but it keeps the unwanted from coming in. Most humans have the ingrained habit of closing the door behind them." He glanced at Marcus as he reappeared. His eyes slid past the merman to the tunnel behind, waiting. But Katalina didn't appear as well. With the absence of the mermaid, he turned slightly to look at the tunnel both Aura and Marcus had gone down. "I wonder what's going on?" Joshua murmured to himself.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Nezik shrugged. "Sometimes somebody gets out of line," he said briefly. "The patriarch is getting old. Some of the younger ones think they can get away with things. Then Father has to discipline them."

He said it with the air of someone imparting a thoroughly uninteresting fact, simply because it has been asked for. Returning back to the question of doors - which he found much cooler - he asked, "Who would be unwanted? Why would you need to keep others of your kind out?"
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:34 am

User Image

Joshua gave the tunnel a last glance before returning to Nezik's question. "A lot of humans prefer to have a space to call their own. Someplace where no one else can come unless they say so. So, they build doors to keep out other people. Besides, not all humans are nice, so doors help keep out the humans who would hurt others." He thought for a moment, trying to see how he could explain this properly.

"Alright." Joshua decided to try an example from Nezik's own home. "Is there someone here that you wish, at times, for them to just stay away for a little while?" He wasn't sure if there was someone like that for the merman, so he carried on. "Well, that's what a lot of humans feel. So doors keep them away until you want them to come."

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm

The merman nodded in something resembling comprehension. "Like a rogue, you mean," he said enthusiastically as he finally got it. "They use the...doors to keep out the rogues."

Then Nezik became thoughtful after Joshua asked his question. "No," he said uncertainly, after a long pause. He'd really had to think. Was there anyone he wanted out of his life, if even for a little while? "I don't think I know anyone like that." His young face grew suddenly sorrowful. "But Sorry does."

Realizing, perhaps, that he'd said too much, he asked, "Do you have anything you want to ask?"
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:16 am

User Image

Joshua nodded enthusiastically as Nezik understood. "That's it!" He was glad the merman had gotten what he'd been trying to say. When Katalina was mentioned, he glanced to the tunnel she'd disappeared down. In his mind, Joshua warred with himself. To ask about his friend or not. Finally, his nicer side won out so his mind turned to other thoughts. He let his gaze drift around the cave, unfocused, as his mind wandered through all the legends and stories he'd ever heard. Hitting upon a thought, Joshua's eyes lost their unfocused look. "Do the merfolk ever hang around with hippocampi?" He wasn't sure if he'd worded the question right. In some of the myths, the merfolk were shown to be friends with a strange creature called the hippocampus, half-horse and half-fish.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Nezik frowned for a few minutes. Then his eyes brightened. "Oh! Oh, well, sometimes. But not very much. It's like dolphins or whales - we'll swim with them sometimes because we like animals, but most of us can't communicate with them. Some can, but they're exceptions, not the rule. We prefer to spend time with creatures that we can understand," he explained. "I guess humans would be the same way. Don't you like to spend more time with other people, or humanoids - things that can understand what you say?"
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games