Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:07 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 0 banked raises. TN 10
Shosuro Naizen has 1 banked raise. TN 5

Naizen would shake his head. "It is not a matter of rudeness, but you are free to interpret it as such. My experiences are none of your concern." He saw Kagae start to use the newfound room to reposition himself, so he began to move up some pieces to threaten the areas he was letting up on. {1 raise, 33 vs TN 15, Kagae's TN is increased by 5!}  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:12 pm
@Fishing

Kojiro would sigh deeply and turn from Kyumi to wring out his mask before replacing it. If Kyumi got too curious, Kojiro would make sure to keep his body turned to avoid revealing his face to her. "I'll admit it. You've embarrassed Soshi-san greatly. However, if you two should manage to keep your rivalry between yourselves, I see no reason to get involved."

"Actually, I need your help. It's been noticed that one of the contestants here is suffering from some kind of malady that may be spiritual. You, as a Kitsu might be able to determine what this affliction is, so this individual may be helped. I understand if you are reluctant. Wise is the person that does not easily trust a Scorpion's word."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 3, 3, 3, 9, 3 Total: 33 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 pm
"Not much at all," Denbe informed the newest arrival, nodding politely to the young woman and offering the young Lion a nod and friendly smile, "we're only beginning!"

Removing his upper layer of clothing and folding it neatly, Denbe stripped partially for the swim. He might have stripped to his loincloth to swim normally, but in the presence of a young lady, he felt a bit self conscious about it. He doubted Kuni-sama would have so much as batted an eyelash, and the Unicorn seemed more scary than lady-like. He'd seen her after her match with Hida-san.

Stretching and looking into the water nervously, Denbe realized that swimming for fish might be a bit harder than he'd thought it sounded when Kuni-sama had mentioned it to him earlier.

And more dangerous.

"You came to cheer on Isawa-san? Then I suppose I cannot ask you to wish me luck," Denbe laughed, giving the mentioned Yojimbo a congratulatory sort of smile, unsure if she was a clan mate, wife, fiancée, or suitor; until Kojiro came out and used her name. Not sure what to say to express his condolences to the Scorpion, who had looked fairly spooked (for a scorpion) about the whole ordeal, Denbe decided this was the time for him to get going.

[3 Raises for that big fish!]
[7k4 Agility/Swimming: 24 vs TN 15+15]

[Denbe takes 6 damage, +3 on TNs. And my raises! D:]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 pm
Kyumi would somehow manage to refrain from making an unpleasent remark about Maru when she would be distracted by Denbe. While Kyumi would blush slightly at the sight of the bushi undressing, her attendant would not respond.

"Well... Swim well, and I'll only have good things to say about you!" She'd eventually answer in response. As she watched Denbe dive, she'd almost wince. "Is that Mantis... Yoritomo-san...? Is he still on the beach? I think he might be needed soon..."

She'd then turn her attention back to Kojiro.
"Exactly why is it that you, rather than the person inflicted, is coming to me?" Kyumi would given him a curious look before looking back to the water a bit worriedly."I do hope the undercurrent doesn't get him..."  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 3, 6, 9 Total: 25 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:42 pm
Denbe took his running start, and leapt. As he fell, he could only wonder if he had caught his foot on something, or simply not noticed the rock ledge under the water by the spot he was aiming for from all the way at the top.

He hit the water, and for all his effort to turn himself away from the stone obstacle, still smashed his side against it, gasping for air and coming back to the surface to cough and wince.

That had been the part he'd been confident he could gain an advantage on. Great.

Not ready to abandon the contest just yet, Denbe forced himself to swim further out, visibly pained by the rock's sneak attack on his ribs. He just hoped he wasn't bleeding too badly. He had no idea if these waters had those giant bloodthirsty fish or not. Maybe he'd get lucky and the blood would draw a littler one his way for the catch?

[5k2 Stamina/Swimming: 15 vs TN 20+3]  
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 10, 10, 1, 4 Total: 35 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:50 pm
Coughing and holding his side in pain, the Hare bushi stopped and looked around the salt water around him. He just wasn't sure he could swim much further with his side aching. And with the little reddish cloud blocking his sight... he took a breath, and dove under where he might be able to see something, neglecting the first couple smaller fish he spotted and looking for something that might manage to at least compare to the Mantis'.

And as luck would have it... he saw a pretty decent one.

[2 Raises for the big catch!]
[5k2 Perception/Swimming: 32 vs TN 5+10+3]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:51 pm
[HARE VISION!: 12]  
Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 5, 4, 1, 5, 6 Total: 31 (6-60)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 pm
((Rain's corrected me on the rules: Last die is for exploding the last roll.))

Now here was the hard part. Denbe wasn't sure he could nab that big one in his present condition. But he just had to try. If only his side didn't ache so much, or he could run up to the top and just try diving straight on top of the big fish, he'd do fine. Instead, he tried to close in with it, and quickly snatch the scaley guy.

[5k2 Reflexes/Swimmings: 21 vs TN 25+3]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:02 pm
[Haresplosions: 6]  
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 4, 1, 9 Total: 24 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:07 pm
Denbe managed to get his hands on the fish, but no sooner did he pull it in than it's tail gave a good thump to his injured side, and he let it go in a stream of bubbles. Swimming back up, Denbe took a quick breath of air and gave the ocean a smack (not likely to endear you to the water kami, Denbe) before going back under.

[1 Raise]
[5k2 Perception/Swimming: 14 vs TN 5+8+5]

[Denbe is now pursuing a -3 Fishy-kun.]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 6, 6, 10, 1 Total: 28 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 pm
Not nearly as big one this time, but the Hare gave it a go. He just had to get one back to shore and he was alright.

[Void!: +5 to fishy snatching]
[5k2+5 Reflexes/Swimming: 29 vs TN 25+3]

Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 8, 9, 4, 1 Total: 24 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 pm
@Fishing!

"Pfft. You haven't seen Ujina-san in action. I'd bet on him to win this or take second." Kojiro would shrug. "As to why, what if the person doesn't know? For all he knows, he could think he is lost in dream, but yet all the time is under the thrall of the Lady Moon's madness? What if he knows and he's hiding something that could be a danger to us all? Don't take my word for it. Watch your tentmate, Kan. He's...troubled."

Kojiro would turn back to see how the Hare was doing in his fish hunting.

OOC
Courtier w/two raises called to be on the safe side! >< 5K3
Results: 21  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:12 pm
[Exploding Enough Denbe?: 8]  
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 5, 7, 7 Total: 24 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:19 pm
Entirely unawares of how he was helping a Scorpion keep his clan's reputation up this very moment, Denbe emerged to the surface again, and with him in tow... was a rather pathetic specimen of edible fish. It could feed a person at least. Maybe two. If they had smaller appetites.

He could probably have just hoisted it above his head and tread back to the shore, but Denbe didn't want to test the Kami any more today, and he was sick of the salt water burning his side and making his eyes water.

Towing the fish, the Hare tried to turn those kicks of his toward swimming.

When he made it back to shore, Denbe would emerge, struggling to his feet in his soaked pants, with the fish held flopping still under one arm. Panting, the Hare stopped a moment to mask his pain; putting on a straight face, he walked up to the Crab and held his catch out for her.

"I'm sorry I disappoint, Kuni-sama."

And with that the Hare would look to walk out of her sight before he allowed himself to limp, and finally sit down on the cliff-top to dry once more, retrieving his top, and waiting to dry before he put it on again. His hand rested on his bloodied side, slowly staining his white bottoms... but at least the salt water, agonizing as it had been, had slowed the bleeding.

[5k2 Strength/Swimming: 14 vs TN 10+3]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 pm
@ Fishing
"... Did he catch something?" Kyumi would squint down at the action on the beach."I thought I saw him grab something, but maybe not..." Without looking back at the scorpion, she would quietly respond."I'll keep your words in mind... Just know that should this be a ploy to hurt his good name, you will be the one I hold responsible for it."

Kyumi would brighten up some at the sight of Denbe still being... relatively well. She would frown at the sight of his wound. "Ancestors... Ujina-san, was it? That looks painful. Would you like me to take care of that for you?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games