Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:01 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Hogsmeade Station -> Great Hall - Ravenclaw Table

"You have a point." Leonette evidently knew that David was surprisingly right about most things. However he wasn’t right about everything which left room for debate. Not that she ever tried to argue with him at least not often anyways. Laughing along at the fact that it was her boyfriend who happened to cause the most trouble it was pretty funny considering he also made Prefect.

Taking a seat at the Ravenclaw table along with David, Leonette was happy to be back in the great hall (even if she wasn’t sitting with her fellow Gryffindors). Looking up at the sorting she listened to the names that were called waiting to hear her sister’s name. Looking to David when he asked her about a first year down the table she glanced down the table before nodded her head. “Yeah I believe so.” She said realizing that the girl was very much like David a member of an all Slytherin family that didn’t get Slytherin. Though, it looked like she wasn’t all that happy about her placement. “Looks like she’s breaking the trend. I have to say she could have been placed worse.” Leonette added as she glanced back to the sorting.

Upon doing so the Gryffindor heard her sister’s name called. Freezing in her seat Leonette prayed Grace would get Ravenclaw. After a brief moment the sorting hat called out the house of the eagle and Leonette clapped proudly for her sister. “Looks like I had nothing to worry about.” She said with a smile as she watched her practically skip over to the table. “And neither did she.”

With: David

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---

mc2

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:25 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

Timothy could understand the apprehensiveness concerning math and honestly hoped that adding magic to the mix would make it more interesting. He nodded at the classes Dylan listed looking forward to most of them as well (even if he was a little iffy about the Advanced Flying). "My older sister took Mythology and said that the professor was really cool and interesting so at least we have that to look forward to." he wrote with a grin.

AlphaApex

Quote:

Smile and grin at the change all around [wearing]
Pick up my guitar and play [Great Hall~Ravenclaw Table]
Just like yesterday [Dylan]
Then I'll get on my knees and pray [Conversing]
We don't get fooled again [ooc]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Iñigo Albion-Alexandré

~~~~~~~~~~~15|Fifth Year|Ravenclaw|Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

The boy took a seat towards where Gypsy was sitting, no real reasoning why he sat there, but it probably had to do with the fact that despite they never really were friends per say, they were still beater partners; so it was someone he knew. And since he had no idea where Lexine was, he really just choose her, because he practically knew no one in his house other than his teammates, which was bad. His friends had all been in different houses. Alice, Jasper were in Hufflepuff. Axel and Valentina were in Gryffindor. Naturally, that meant if Lexine was late, he practically had no one to talk to. "Hey Gypsy," he said to the girl, but she was preoccupied by talking with another girl, which was the reason he didn't say anything more than that. The girl was new; so he figured the girl was probably just doing her prefect duties, whatever they may be. Because of that, he made sure not to really pay much attention to whatever the two were talking about before, focusing his mind on other things. Gypsy would probably jaw him for listening; so it was probably for the better that he didn't.

And by other things, he meant the fact that his sudden realization that he had been dating Lexine for almost a year. In a week's time, they would be dating a year and the fact was crazy in his mind. He noticed how most pre-adulthood relationships on average didn't last anywhere near that long, but truthfully, he didn't know why. He cared for Lexine even more at that moment than he did the previous year. At no point ever did he desire to break that tie between them. But hey, maybe it was because they took it kind of slow and didn't really rush into much. He truly had no idea what it was, but he did know one thing, she definitely made him happy.

His mind practically fixated on his thoughts, he kind of went into a hiatus where he was oblivious to a lot of sound around him. He could hear people speaking, but wasn't really...registering what they were saying. Of course, if someone were to say something close to him, the hiatus would break.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:35 am
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Smart at the Ravenclaw Table with his Housemates
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Same old, same old... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ḋø ÿøυ hαṿε τhε τ ï ṃ ε τø l ï ṡ τ ε ṉ τø ṃε ώ h ï ṉ ε x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αвøυτ ṉ ø τ h ï ṉ ģ αṉḋ ε ṿ ε ɾ ÿ τ h ï ṉ ģ αll ατ øṉсε? x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ï αṃ øṉε øƒ τhøṡε ṃ ε l ø ḋ ɾ α ṃ α τ ï с ƒøølṡ x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          ṉ ε υ ɾ ø τ ï с τø τhε в ø ṉ ε, ṉø ḋ ø υ в τ αвøυτ ïτ x❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott very nearly scowled when the first year addressed him. Drat, he thought, wondering what on Earth had drawn her attention to him. Perhaps she'd sensed his eyes on her for that brief second? The third year lowered his book, eyes narrowing as he looked at her. It was almost like he was appraising her, seeing if he really wanted to bother talking to her. He didn't really have a choice, though; it'd be rather rude to just ignore her. So, he closed his book, setting it down on the table. It occurred to him that she'd called him 'sir,' which was uncommonly weird. He was barely any older than her, after all. Did he look like a sir? He certainly didn't feel like one. "Elliott," he said, both to correct her (because who called a thirteen year old sir?) and answer the question that she hadn't asked, figuring that it was better to get that out of the way. "And Legilimency is... it's a very complex branch of magic. In layman's terms," his nose wrinkled here, because he hated using layman's terms for pretty much anything, "it's learning to read minds. But, it's significantly more complicated than that. Most people who practice it find the misnomer offensive, actually. It's incredibly difficult to understand, and even more so to master." He paused, shrugging lightly. "I wanted to challenge myself, so I thought I'd look into it," the Ravenclaw told her, not really knowing what else to say. The subject was insanely complicated, vast in its intricacies and complexities. He doubted if a first year would be able to grasp the concept on their first night in the castle. If she were smart, perhaps in a few years. If she were very smart, perhaps in only one (this was around when he'd started looking into it, after all). But, most people didn't have the capacity to understand it. They got stuck on the concept of reading minds and couldn't think in the abstract. When it turned out to be nothing like reading a book, they got frustrated and quit. But Elliott was not a quitter, and he was determined to see this through. Which meant he had to study as much as possible, he reasoned.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃x ṡøṃετïṃεṡ ï ģ ï ṿ ε ṃ ÿ ṡ ε l ƒ τhε с ɾ ε ε ρ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ṡøṃετïṃεṡ ṃÿ ṃ ï ṉ ḋ ρ l α ÿ ṡ τ ɾ ï с ќ ṡ øṉ ṃε
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ïτ αll ќ ε ε ρ ṡ α ḋ ḋ ï ṉ ģ υ ρ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ï τ h ï ṉ ќ ï'ṃ с ɾ α с ќ ï ṉ ģ υ ρ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:56 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅰ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅰ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina was pleased to see she wasn't the only First Year to be taking up the crest of the eagle, and was happy to note Grace would be a Housemate now, as was Eira, the white-haired girl whom was so nervous when they were all talking in the boats. Harper was selected to go to Hufflepuff, which seemed a good fit for the amiable girl if the archetypes were to be truly anything to go by.

'But, then,' she thought, 'wasn't it said this evening there's a bit of each of the Houses in all of us, and the Hat merely looks for the dominate traits?' She was also relieved not to be chosen last, like she tended to be in gym class when they figured out sides for football games.

Most of her new Housemates seemed engrossed in their own conversations, and Selina was wary of jumping into a topic she knew nothing of. A couple boys were discussing which classes they were in, classes which she knew were reserved for older students than she. There was a dark-haired boy with a Prefect's badge making time with a beautiful girl with long dark hair in Gryffindor robes, Grace's older sister if she heard their conversation correctly.

Selina found an unoccupied area of table to settle down at, and tried hard to look as poised as she didn't feel, as Hepzibah slid her furry body out of her book bag, and seated herself beside her. Hoping somebody might respond to her, Selina said, "Um, hi. I'm Selina Grey."

(OCC: Open for Interaction)

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:35 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawThird Year13 Years OldSingle

Dylan beamed brightly, glad that Timothy knew that at least one of their teachers would be interesting, at least. Like his friend just pointed out, it gave both of them something to look forward to. "Indeed it does. We'll just have to hope the other classes aren't completely horrible," he said, half-jokingly.

Yukina101

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
What: Conversation!
Where: Ravenclaw table
With:Timothy and others

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:16 pm
Dakota Elijah Vann
Ravenclaw Second Year
Half Blood - New to the Family

Grace Nicola Mitchell
Ravenclaw First Year
Pure Blood ~ Youngest of Three

User ImageUser Image Location: Great Hall - Ravenclaw Table

Grace smiled at the sorting hat's reply. It knew that she wanted this and it wasn't going to argue. That meant one thing, her home was Ravenclaw. She knew her mum would have been proud and that Leo most certainly would be. A part of her wanted to see her sister first but instead of bothering her, Grace practically skipped over to Selina who happened to be with Dakota.

Dakota smiled when his own house was called out for Grace and clapped happily for her. He was glad she got what she wanted. Even he was glad to make the brainy yet creative house. Watching Grace, Dakota heard a voice say hi. Looking over he noticed a girl. "Hello, Selina. I'm Dakota Vann, but you can just call me Kota. Welcome to Ravenclaw." he said in greeting.

Dakota was about to say something before Grace came bounding over. "Kota!" she cried out happily. "Hey wait a go Grace." Dakota said holding up his hand for a high five. Hitting his hand with hers Grace smiled brightly. "Thanks Kota," she said turning her attention to Selina as she took a seat next to her. "I see you met my cousin." she said glancing over at him. "He's a year ahead of us."

Dakota

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Grace

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Each other... Selina
OOC: ---

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:10 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅰ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅰ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

"Thank you, Kota," Selina answered, gratified there was somebody willing to speak to her. As Grace bounded over to the table, and sat beside her, Selina said to her, "Yes, we just met. Its nice you have relatives here."

As the Sorting continued, she added, "I see now why my aunt and grandmother didn't tell me anything about the Sorting ceremony, they didn't want to spoil it for me. I figured for certain there would have been some sort of magic test we needed to take."

(OCC: Open for Interaction)

'murruelecruset"

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:22 pm
User Image
David Sinclair Avery
[Ravenclaw]
Formerly: David Sinclair League
Named Heir of the Avery Family
6th Year Ravenclaw Prefect
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Born: December 25, 2012
Dating Leonette Mitchell

Properly><2028-2029 School Year>

David smiled when Leonette said the girl broke the trend and could have been placed in far worse and he leaned to her and said with a chuckle and a whisper, "Oh, yes, she could have been placed in Hufflepuff or Heaven forbid Gryffindor. Imagine the horror of that. You know how awful those Gryffindors are, right?" He was laughing as he noted Grace walking to the hat to be sorted and he fell silent as he watched Leo pause, he was almost sure his girlfriend was holding her breath in anticipation until the hat announced Ravenclaw.

At the announcement David smiled as Leo watched her sister skip over to the table and apparently took a seat with their cousin Kota and Leo said she had nothing to worry about and neither did Grace. "Are the other houses that dreadful?" David asked. "I mean as I get older I see that really a house is often a poor indicator of a person's personality. Anyways, like I said the hat does tend to consider someone's preference towards a house if they feel strongly enough about it. Granted, a person's strong preference may indicate what traits they value the most or what traits they wish to cultivate in themselves more than others."

He watched as Grace talked to Kota and said, propping his chin up with his elbow on the table, "Should we go congratulate Gracie, then, Leo?"

User Image

murruelecreuset

{OOC}

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:15 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Wearing ✧Where am I~Ravenclaw Table ✧What am I doing~Conversing ✧Who am I with~Elliot, apparently ✧Why~I was curious

Eira blinked as the boy responded with a name in response to her question. Was he making a joke? Because she could clearly read what the cover said, but then she made the realization that he may have just told her his name in response to her calling him "sir." It was the only polite thing she could think of since "Boy Who Apparently Needs Glasses" didn't seem necessary or even nice. "Eira." she replied in kind holding back her very slight anticipation towards learning more about what he was reading with interest. When he finally answered her query she could feel her eyes widening with each word as she hungrily took in his explanation. Mind reading? That seemed more like a muggle parlor trick, and apparently it was compared to this branch of magic. "If it's as complicated and difficult as you say then it probably can't be as simple as 'mind reading' or anything of the sort. In fact the only way someone could know it had anything to do with minds is because 'mens' means mind in Latin, the rest must have some other language roots, possibly archaic English. I wonder how they do it though if people misinterpret it as to call it mind reading. Does it require complete eye contact or just a quick glance? Do you need to do a series of spells or just one large enchantment to keep the power? Is it a ritual or something you merely have to practice?" As Eira continued on with her trail of thinking she lost her usual stutter and her voice became more of a quiet mutter assumed she was merely thinking it than actually saying it aloud. When the first year realized this she pinked quite spectacularly not so used to anyone hearing her inane ramblings and quickly lowered her head back tot he table essentially cutting off all eye contact with the older boy. "S-sorry. I-I don't usually t-talk s-so much." she apologized softly.

Cara MiaKitty

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
When the world's crashing down
When I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:11 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ jєrєmч lσng ♥
                                                          Looking Adorkable at the Ravenclaw Table with her Housemates
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Concerned
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Sheesh, and I thought I was disappointed to get Ravenclaw... ❞

í dσn't wαnnα fαll tσ p í є c є s ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxxxxx
                                                          í just wαnnα sít αnd s t α r є α t ч σ u ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxx
                                                          í dσn't wαnnα t α l k α в σ u t ít ஒ ஒ ஒxxx

spaceGypsy frowned at the girl's answer. It wasn't hard to tell that she was just saying what she thought she was supposed to say. Then again, maybe she just didn't want to cause a scene at the table? That was understandable, she supposed. Though, it reminded her a little bit of Iris, which unnerved the Ravenclaw, mostly because of the bruise the Hufflepuff had been sporting when she'd run into her over the Summer. The quiet response and the obvious discomfort had every single big-sister instinct in Gypsy screaming at her that she needed to take care of the girl. Which, was great, except she didn't have a clue how the ******** to do that. Fingers tapped on the tabletop, expression thoughtful. "It can all be a bit much," she said, for once wishing that perhaps she looked a little less... her-like. She doubted very much if she came across as any sort of nurturing or calming presence. Probably was freaking the girl out more, actually. ********. The metamorphmagus glanced up at the Staff table, then had an idea. She knew that it was sort of looked down upon, but, the kid was uncomfortable, surely tradition and decorum was less important than taking care of an eleven-year-old girl? "Do you want to step outside?" she asked, voice soft. "Get some fresh air? Have a minute to yourself? Or, not entirely, I've gotta go with you. But, mostly by yourself. And if a professor says something, I'll explain. Take the heat if there's an issue. It's no trouble, believe me. I've gotten detention for worse." Actually, she really had only ever gotten in trouble twice, first year and last year, for arguing in class, and walking out of and then skipping class, respectively. But, she was pretty sure that none of the professors would fault her for this. Especially not her Head of House; Professor Amorocho was a pretty chill dude most of the time, far as she could tell. She was sure it'd be fine.

spaceInigo's arrival caught her off-guard, mostly because she had never known him to talk to pretty much anyone except Lexine off of the Pitch. She thought it was sort of weird, actually. It was like he didn't care to bother with having any friends, all he needed was his girlfriend. She knew that she and Jer were practically inseparable, but it wasn't like she didn't talk to anyone else. They had lives outside of each other... it'd be unhealthy not to. She sort of worried about the other Beater for that reason... and the Seeker, as well. But it wasn't her job to meddle in their lives, and as long as it didn't screw up her team, she didn't see any reason to talk to them about it. She didn't need to be offering advice about relationships, anyway. Hers was... well, not unhealthy, but certainly not rock solid. She and Jer fought about as much as they snogged... which was a lot. Still, Gypsy had to wonder at Inigo's timing with the sudden desire to talk to someone other than Lexine. She was sort of busy with the first year, after all, couldn't he see that? She glanced at the fifth year from the corner of her eye. "Hey, Inigo," she said, not elaborating beyond that. If he wanted to talk, he should probably find someone else to talk to. She was busy doing her prefectly duty, and there were plenty of other Ravenclaws.

xxxஒ ஒ ஒ αnd í dσn't wαnt α c σ n v є r s α t í σ n
                                                          xxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ í just wαnnα c r ч í n f r σ n t σf чσu
                                                          xxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ í dσn't wαnnα t α l k α в σ u t í t
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ 'cαusє í'm í n l σ v є wíth ч σ u

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Smart at the Ravenclaw Table with his Housemates
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Same old, same old... ❞

ḋø ÿøυ hαṿε τhε τ ï ṃ ε τø l ï ṡ τ ε ṉ τø ṃε ώ h ï ṉ ε x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αвøυτ ṉ ø τ h ï ṉ ģ αṉḋ ε ṿ ε ɾ ÿ τ h ï ṉ ģ αll ατ øṉсε? x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ï αṃ øṉε øƒ τhøṡε ṃ ε l ø ḋ ɾ α ṃ α τ ï с ƒøølṡ x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          ṉ ε υ ɾ ø τ ï с τø τhε в ø ṉ ε, ṉø ḋ ø υ в τ αвøυτ ïτ x❃ ❃ ❃xxx

spaceElliott had to fight to keep his expression neutral when the girl spoke up, because he was, for what was quite possibly the first time in his life, legitimately impressed with someone in his age group. She was technically in his age group, he figured, being only two years younger than him. And smart; Eira was quite possibly the first person he'd met who he could understand what they were doing in Ravenclaw. Not that he thought everyone should be held up to his standards, but still, there were a few members of his house that made him want to storm up to the Headmaster's office and ask the hat what it'd been thinking. Her, on the other hand... She was clearly clever. Knowledgeable, for starters, since she knew the Latin roots, which, c'mon, how many first years would've known that? But even that wasn't too impressive, just because it was something anyone could learn. Facts, while important, weren't enough. You had to know what to do with them... which she very clearly did. He found himself relaxing, thinking that, for once, he was talking to someone on his level.

spaceWhen she suddenly grew nervous and apologized, he attempted a smile to comfort her. It wasn't a natural expression for him, but at least he didn't look creepy. The third year shrugged. "Neither do I; I'm pretty sure most of the people in our house haven't even heard my voice," he told her. He didn't add that this was because he had absolutely zero interest in talking to most of them; no need to make himself look like a complete arse to the first year. Not when he did actually think he might like her. "But, you're quite right; mind-reading is an absolutely terrible explanation for it. It's just that, most people hear it and that's all they need to know. And, like I said, I don't talk much. But, it's a spell, a very difficult one, that requires intense concentration and a lot of practice. Eye contact is necessary unless you're really, really powerful, I think. I've only been reading up on it recently, so I've not really gotten too deep in it. Mostly I've been reading about the history of it so far," he told her, honestly surprised that he felt so comfortable conversing with her. Typically, the only person he was comfortable around was Ari, at least at school. He obviously had no such trouble with his brother, and was mostly used to Verily at this point. He thought he got along well enough with his brother's employees, as well, thought it was mostly because he didn't talk to them much. Jesse... he guessed he was comfortable around Jesse. They'd lived together for a Summer, after all. But, other than that... he thought this might be the first time he'd not felt like he was acting out of character by speaking to someone for the first time. It was the girl's intellect, obviously; she was clearly smart, and he respected that and was comfortable with it. Maybe she'd turn out to be a challenge, even. Or smarter than him; he didn't doubt it was possible, and to be honest, it might be refreshing to not be the smartest person in a conversation for once. Then again, then she might look at him the way he looked at other people... ouch.

xxx❃ ❃ ❃x ṡøṃετïṃεṡ ï ģ ï ṿ ε ṃ ÿ ṡ ε l ƒ τhε с ɾ ε ε ρ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ṡøṃετïṃεṡ ṃÿ ṃ ï ṉ ḋ ρ l α ÿ ṡ τ ɾ ï с ќ ṡ øṉ ṃε
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ïτ αll ќ ε ε ρ ṡ α ḋ ḋ ï ṉ ģ υ ρ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ï τ h ï ṉ ќ ï'ṃ с ɾ α с ќ ï ṉ ģ υ ρ

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:12 am
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Wearing ✧Where am I~Ravenclaw Table ✧What am I doing~Conversing ✧Who am I with~Elliot, apparently ✧Why~I was curious

Eira was about to apologize again and move to a different part of the table when the boy gave her a smile and told her a random fact in an attempt to comfort her. Or at least, she thought that was the point. Slowly the girl started to relax from her anxious and nervous state and offered Elliot a timid smile in return bringing her gaze back from the decidedly boring table top. Then he began explaining in earnest the background of his book's topic causing her to gain a look of understand even while her mind was going a thousand kilometers a second. "Both a spell and eye contact? No wonder it's so difficult; had it just been the spell it could easily be used in dueling or combat situations but it probably wouldn't be half as effective since it would either require too much energy that shouldn't be expended on the field or it would only give you a glancing glimpse inside the person's mind to see either the next spell they would cast or just the basics of whatever they're planning. With the eye contact you have have them there for an unforeseeable amount of time, either your concentration breaks or either you or the other person breaks the hold. I'm guessing it's not exactly easy for the other person to break free of the spell unless they know what's happening or...or if they somehow block it. Is there another spell to block this? she asked him curiously. Most spells that she knew of had opposites or at the very least could be guarded against by a shield of some sort; lumos had nox, fire had water, etc, etc. So it stood to reason that this could also have an opposite to guard against. Otherwise it wouldn't be half as difficult a subject if people could just learn how to control the spell and how much energy they expel rummaging through people's minds. Eira couldn't read minds but even she knew that other people's brain space might not be as interesting a venture as it seemed. Elliot's might be though. He was very nice to her, even throughout her thinking and he didn't call her any names or otherwise. Well, bad names. Snowflake was slowly growing on her. Maybe he could be her mentor of sorts, to help navigate her through school and such. He may not be much older than her but he has been at Hogwarts far longer than she had, he must have picked up a few interesting anecdotes.

Cara MiaKitty

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
When the world's crashing down
When I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:30 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxlessons in life will be repeated until they are learned.

Fifth Year Prefect | | Fifteen | | Ravenclaw | | Dating Iñigo | | Half-Blood | | Seeker

Lexine walked into the Great Hall rather late having been held up slightly by the crowds of students. Despite her growing slightly, Lexine's height ended up becoming even more of an issue. It seemed that even students younger than her had grown quite a bit. Sighing slightly, she hurried herself into the Hall and over to Ravenclaw table, trying to figure out exactly where Iñigo was. It was times like these that Lexine realised she really didn't have any friends in her own house; she didn't even know if the members of the Quidditch team counted, she rarely talked in Quidditch so...but still, she doubted they'd be offended if she were to sit near them. Finally Lexine picked Iñigo out and walked over to him, taking her seat. She leaned slightly on Iñigo as she looked up at the Sorting Ceremony that continued on at the head of the room. Lexine had never really been all that interested in the Sorting Ceremony, she hadn't even cared for her ow ceremony. It was a nice way to put students into their houses, yeah, everyone got to see the Firsties...but still, Lexine remembered how nervous she had been up there five years ago. [/colro]Five years ago? Bloody hell... Lexine blinked a few times, just realising how long it had been since she first stepped foot into Hogwarts, into the Great Hall. It all seemed as if it only happened yesterday. Looking around the table a little Lexine realise just how many little Eagles Ravenclaw was getting this year. "Quite a few new Ravenclaws this year around..." Lexine murmured, turning her attention back to the Sorting Ceremony. "Doesn't it seem these ceremonies get longer and longer every year?" Lexine asked quietly, scrunching her nose slightly as she leaned her head over onto Iñigo's shoulder.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games