Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:09 pm
"Hm?"

All other things aside, Denbe would not let manners get away from him; besides, he was more in pain than he was actually injured, thanks to the saltwater, and how wide, but mostly shallow, a wound it was. The Hare stood, and bowed. Slowly.

"Ujina Denbe, yes. I believe I overheard Bayushi-san say you are of the Kitsu. It is a pleasure."

Straightening, the Hare looked at his side, and for a moment, he scowled a bit.

"For that performance, I might deserve it." However, he had more of the contest ahead of him. And it stung like an oni. He coughed and looked away. "...but I think I would appreciate that, if it is not any trouble on you. Yes."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:19 pm
@Fishing

"He caught something more than me! That's for sure." Kojiro shrugs. "I understand fully."

Kojiro would then sit down and try to get dry. "Hah. I definitely don't deserve anything then. I may as well have been a fish myself."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Agent Sinistra rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 9, 2, 9, 4 Total: 32 (6-60)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm
@ Fishing

"That I am. My name is Kitsu Kyumi. Nice to meet you." Kyumi would return the bow before approaching her new patient.

"Forgive me if this ends up stinging some. It shouldn't be worse than how things already are for you, but... You have been warned." With that, she would gingerly touch the area around around his wound and began softly chanting her spell.

((Casting Path to Inner Peace; 4k3 = 17 vs TN 15; 9 healed. Last 2 are for explosion; if no explosion, first die is amount healed ))  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 pm
@ Athletics Competition, Fishing Expedition:

Sosuke's Outing:

• Diving: TN 20
  • Swimming Out: TN 25
  • Fish Spotting: TN 10
  • Fish Wrangling: TN 15
  • Fish Capturing: TN 5

As soon as Denbe came up on shore, Sosuke would sigh in relief. "Thank goodness. I keep expecting them to never come back." He would give a glance to Sayoko, who seemed in no hurry to jump in. He would sigh, and undo his obi, letting his robes fall, leaving him in only the trousers he wore underneath (because not bringing them to an athletics competition would be dumb!). Anyone who took a good look at him, however, would note the large scars on his torso, that looked like burns from long ago.

Without a word, he would clap his hands together and dive! He lands a little less than gracefully, considering the height, but seemed to take it in stride and started swimming without hesitation! {18 vs TN 20, 2 damage, still Healthy!}

He would swim as far as he could, as long as his lungs would hold out, because everyone knows all the good fish are as far from shore as you can get! Right? {23 vs TN 25, -1 to quality of fish found!}

Out in the distance, he would scour the sea beneath him, before finding an appropriate school of fish that seemed to suit his needs. One seemed to glitter down below, and he waited for the right moment to make his move! {11 vs TN 10, fish found!}

Gasping for air, his head would disappear beneath the surface, as he had to rely on his keen samurai training to catch a fish with his bare hands. Was that even possible? They moved so fast...

After a good half a minute, Sosuke suddenly surfaced, a bright, shiny-scaled fish held skyward with one hand! {21 vs TN 15, fish caught!}

He paddled to shore with his feet, careful to make sure the fish stayed above the ocean's surface so it didn't escape. He would scramble to shore, a small salmon in his grasp! {9 vs TN 5, Sosuke safely returns!}

It's no Bull Trout like what Susumu scrounged up, but it was still larger than Denbe's minnow!

ROLLY POLLY FISH HEADS SCOREBOARD
Yoritomo Susumu +1 fish! -1 Scorpion!
Isawa Sosuke -1 fish!
Ujina Denbe -3 fish!
Bayushi Kojiro -∞ fish!

Horiuchi Sayoko  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm
@ Fishing

Kyumi would watch Sosuke's dive almost eagerly, almost certain that he would be the one to show everyone how it was done.

While the dive wasn't bad, she found herself staring with confusion when she saw how long he stayed under. "Ancestors! What does he think he's doing? This isn't the best place to try deep sea fishing!"

Still, she'd stay relatively quiet compared to the other when he came out of the water."At least he got a nice one..."

If Sosuke returned to the cliff top, he'd find that while Kyumi was pleased that he had made it back with a good size fish, she was a little disappointed that her prediction hadn't been true.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:50 pm
@ Fishing:

With one samurai left, Kyumi would probably find another interaction she did not expect...

Horiuchi Sayoko would walk up to her, reaching behind her and drawing a tanto.

"..."

She glared at Kyumi, unwavering, before presenting the tanto to her, hilt first. "If any of these dishonorable men leer at me, give them this for me. As the fortunes are my witness, I waive you of responsibility of your actions, and claim it for my own."

She would then move to the cliff's edge, disrobing, her upper body wrapped up as to not reveal any skin. Then she would prepare for her own turn...  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:00 pm
@Fishing!

Kojiro stared at a cloud while Sayoko gave her dagger to Kyumi. He didn't trust his voice to make any comment at the moment....and it was probably for the best.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:08 pm
@ Fishing

Kyumi would blink with surprise, but would still accept the tanto when it was offered.

"Of course." She'd answer gravely before turning to the men on the cliff. "You heard her! Turn around and no peeking!"

After that, Kyumi would, with Omi's help, form a sort of barrier between Sayoko and the others. Kyumi hoped that this would at least give the other woman a bit more privacy.  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Sayoko's Outing:

• Diving: TN 15
  • Swimming Out: TN 20
  • Fish Spotting: TN 25
  • Fish Wrangling: TN 5
  • Fish Capturing: TN 10

Horiuchi Sayoko would stand at the cliff's edge, staring off to the horizon for a bit. It wasn't quite sunset, but it would be soon.

Turning backwards, she would hold her hands out to her sides, and fall backwards off the edge, plummeting to the sea below. {1 raise, 23 vs TN 15+5, quality+1}

She would disappear beneath the surface of the water, staying out of sight as she swam somewhat gracefully beneath the waves, ensuring she created as little disturbance as possible. {22 vs TN 20, she is unicornfish!}

She would do her best to try to find a fish without having to surface for air. Alas, her lungs weren't quite that strong, and she settled for the first fish she could find before surfacing. {Void spent on free raise, 17 vs TN 25, quality-1}

She would come across a school of nearby fish, which weren't as impressive as they could be, but her dextrous hands managed to grab one on her way up that was a bit larger than the rest of the group it swam with! {1 raise, 13 vs TN 5+5, quality+1}

She would surface finally out in the distance, throwing her head back as she gasped for air, her long hair throwing droplets of water all around her. She would bring the fish to her mouth, pinning it with her teeth as she began the arduous journey back to shore! {26 vs TN 10}

She would get close enough to the beachfront where she began to walk out of the water, her head appearing through the breaking waves as she made her way towards the magistrate, her body wraps clinging tightly to her frame, fish thrashing in her jaw. A salmon as well, but much bigger than Sosuke's!

ROLLY POLLY FISH HEADS SCOREBOARD
Yoritomo Susumu +1 fish! -1 Scorpion!
Horiuchi Sayoko +1 fish!
Isawa Sosuke -1 fish!
Ujina Denbe -3 fish!
Bayushi Kojiro -∞ fish!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 pm
@Fishing!

"It looks like my time in this competition is over. Kojiro commented as he saw Sayoko rise from the waves. "Good luck to the rest of you and again, it is good to meet you, Kitsu-san."

Kojiro would get up, gather his things and wait for his formal dismissal by Raicho.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:02 pm
"For a scrape, even a big one, I don't see how it can-"

But he was interrupted as she touched it, and determinedly showed no signs of pain. It really wasn't too much worse than before she'd been touching it. And he just had to let her concentrate. On chanting. It couldn't take too much longer. Right?

The Hare sighed when she finished, and bowed to her once more- this time deeply.

"Thank you Kitsu-san," the short bushi said, "I am in your debt."

He had a bit more trouble not reacting when the Unicorn spoke. Denbe would not have felt right gawking, regardless, and the threats really sealed the deal. He had trouble seeing the Lion girl stabbing anyone, even if he'd only just met her. But he had no doubt Sayoko would stab them all if she came back up to find out they'd been looking.

"Of course," the Hare obliged, and turned neatly around, waiting patiently and occasionally scratching at the faint scar on his shoulder while he waited to dry- right up until Kojiro went to leave. He walked up to his acquaintance, and stopped the man like he would have liked to have done for the Dragon earlier on as well- clasping his wrist, he bowed his head.

"It has been an honor competing against you today, Bayushi-san. Fortunes watch over you."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:34 pm
@ Fishing

Kyumi would be surprisingly silent for most of Sayoko's swim. Whether this was out of respect for her fellow samurai-ko or simply because she couldn't find anything obvious to complain about.

"She's good..." She'd murmur before grabbing anything else that Sayoko had left behind on the cliff and running off to deliver them and the tanto back to their rightful owner.

Once that business had been dealt with, Kyumi would quickly wish Sosuke luck before hurriedly heading off to her own event.  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:55 pm

After looking at the various fish that had been caught, it was a tough call between Sayoko's and Susumu's. Hers was big for a salmon, but Susumu's still topped off the scales by a few pounds. Sosuke had scrambled to get his kimono back, and Sayoko was actually pleasantly surprised at Kyumi's forthrightness about returning all of her things in a quick manner. She wouldn't verbally thank her, but nod/slightly bow in appreciation.

"Yoritomo Susumu's fish was the biggest, and thus, he wins this competition as well. Bayushi Kojiro, it seems you have aspirations to become a fish. While admirable, it is not what was asked of you. You are relieved of further competition for today." Raicho would toss the three smaller fish back into the ocean's water, allowing them a further attempt at life. She had what she had come for.

BAYUSHI KOJIRO HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

Raicho would send the victors and Kojiro ahead, while keeping Susumu behind to speak with him.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:29 pm
@ Athletics Competition:

As Raicho would lead Denbe and the others back to the compound, she would instead veer southward, toward a forest. Being the beginning of spring, some of them were JUST starting to grow their leaves and blossoms back, but most still looked like twisted beings that had been withered b the winter.

"By now, it should be obvious that Susumu has chosen the Climbing Competition next. This is one that I have already set up days prior, assuming that Shosuro has stayed out of these woods. You see, up ahead is a glade that is surrounded by a circle of trees. Atop each tree, I have had a bell secured via ribbon. Like the races before, this one will be highly competitive, as you will be racing against one another to bring me the most bells."

Soon, she would break through to the glade she had mentioned, a rough estimate of 20 trees all with objects tied to the very tops of them. "Once I give the command, you will all scramble to get as many bells as you can. You are not limited to certain trees, so you may attempt to grab a bell before an opponent has the opportunity. To the victor goes the spoils."

She would sit down, legs criss-crossed, in the center of the glade, as she let the four of you stew over it for a bit.

Quote:
Climbing Competition. There are 20 trees lined up in a circle, each with a bell on top. To climb a tree, get the bell, and get down safely is Athletics/Strength (Climbing) vs TN 10. This will be done in rounds. You may raise to do this task more quickly. Raising successfully will allow you to bank a number of Free Raises equal to the number of Raises declared. You may spend them in the following options:
  • One free raise can be spent to gain +5 to your next roll.
  • Three free or regular raises can be spent to gain an edge in speed, and you may climb two adjacent trees in a turn.
  • One free or regular raise may be spent to reach a nonadjacent tree, at most one two trees away away (5 reaching 3 or 7).
  • Two free or regular raises may be spent to reach any nonadjacent tree.

The competition is over once all bells have been snagged. When competing for the same tree, the highest roll wins, and the lower rolling samurai get nothing for the turn. The result of a tie, whomever has the most banked raises will determine the victor.

On a failed roll, you lose your turn if your roll misses the TN by 5 or less; however, you gain a banked raise, for ending your turn in the tree. If you miss the TN by more than 5, you fall and take damage equal to the amount you failed by, suffering wound penalties if applicable, as well as losing your turn.

"Go."

CLIMBING EVENT, ROUND 0
Yoritomo Susumu = 0 bells, 0 banked raises
Isawa Sosuke = 0 bells, 0 banked raises
Horiuchi Sayoko = 0 bells, 0 banked raises
Ujina Denbe = 0 bells, 0 banked raises

Quote:
  • Tree 1 = Bell
  • Tree 2 = Bell
  • Tree 3 = Bell
  • Tree 4 = Bell
  • Tree 5 = Bell
  • Tree 6 = Bell
  • Tree 7 = Bell
  • Tree 8 = Bell
  • Tree 9 = Bell
  • Tree 10 = Bell
  • Tree 11 = Bell
  • Tree 12 = Bell
  • Tree 13 = Bell
  • Tree 14 = Bell
  • Tree 15 = Bell
  • Tree 16 = Bell
  • Tree 17 = Bell
  • Tree 18 = Bell
  • Tree 19 = Bell
  • Tree 20 = Bell

--------------------

@ Daidoji Training Grounds:

As Kojiro would arrive on his own, Mirumoto Sozen would be waiting for him patiently, arms crossed across his chest.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 5, 8, 5 Total: 26 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:56 pm
Listening quietly, Denbe nodded, looking up at the trees and trying to think this over. Picking a tree after seeing where the others went might be useful, but it'd mean waiting to watch them, which he couldn't do. He'd have to think on his feet. Crouching and reaching to the earth, Denbe took a small wad and rubbed the dirt across his hands. He didn't know if it would do for grip like sand, but it least it would take a small edge off the friction of climbing. Who knew, after enough trees, his hands not hurting might be an advantage.

And there was the signal.

So Denbe rushed the nearest tree to him. If anyone else wanted the same one, well, they'd already seen who was the fastest in a sprint.

Aiming to try and get a slow edge on the competition, Denbe urged himself just slightly faster than was comfortable in the climb; a fall would be the worst thing for him. But he couldn't dally.

The Hare hurried too much though, losing his grip here and there. Looked like his early advantage was a bust.

[Tree 17]
[1 Raise to climb faster.]
[5k2 Strength/Athletics: 13 vs TN 15]

[Gains 0 bells and 1 banked raise.]

[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games