Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:54 am
@Crane Shennanigans

After his loss, he'd head back to his tent, changing to a clean set of clothes before heading out to look for Kuni Kaori. He had asked her to tea earlier and wished to see if she would accept the invitation early.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 am
@Daidoji Training Grounds

Kojiro staggered up to the Dragon, distraught and tired. "Only four events, Mirumoto-san. It was all I could do. There were things I could not overcome." The Scorpion hang his head down low. "Hopefully, the Hare will win." Kojiro said as he shifted topics. "The positioning will not change much as I understand it, and if we manage to succeed at the fifth day's events, we may find ourselves in the Iaijutsu tournament on our own merit. Failing that, have you considered who you will champion?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:25 am
@ Athletics Competition, Climbing Competition:

Denbe would sprint to the northwest area, going for what he deemed to be the most climbable tree! As he began to scramble upon it though, one branch began to crack, causing him to decide to shimmy around the tree's trunk instead, or risk falling.

Running straight north, Sayoko would try to hurry, but seemed to have almost the same difficulty, as she almost rended a limb from the tree with her grip! {1 raise, 11 vs TN 10+5, Sayoko gains a banked raise}

Sosuke had gone to the east, looking up at the top of the tree. "Slow and steady wins the race," he said aloud to no one in particular, as he very carefully and gracefully shimmied up the tree, snagged a bell, and made his way back down. {19 vs TN 10}

Susumu had gone southerly, and showed that all his climbing experience in the rigging was paying off finally! He managed to bound up the tree like it was a ladder, grabbing the bell without stopping before practically sliding back down! {2 raises, 29 vs TN 10+10, raises banked}

Next round, go!

CLIMBING EVENT, ROUND 1
Yoritomo Susumu = 1 bells, 2 banked raises
Isawa Sosuke = 1 bells, 0 banked raises
Horiuchi Sayoko = 0 bells, 1 banked raises
Ujina Denbe = 0 bells, 1 banked raises

Quote:
  • Tree 1 = Bell, Sayoko
  • Tree 2 = Bell
  • Tree 3 = Bell
  • Tree 4 = Bell
  • Tree 5 = X, Sosuke
  • Tree 6 = Bell
  • Tree 7 = Bell
  • Tree 8 = Bell
  • Tree 9 = Bell
  • Tree 10 = Bell
  • Tree 11 = X, Susumu
  • Tree 12 = Bell
  • Tree 13 = Bell
  • Tree 14 = Bell
  • Tree 15 = Bell
  • Tree 16 = Bell
  • Tree 17 = Bell, Denbe
  • Tree 18 = Bell
  • Tree 19 = Bell
  • Tree 20 = Bell

Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 6, 2, 9 Total: 25 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:31 am
Taking a breath, Denbe would look upward at the bell atop his tree again, wondering why he had thought he'd be able to be competitive in an athletics competition with his stature and muscles how they were- speed couldn't be everything.

But a little more would have been fantastic.

Trying to hurry it up again, Denbe would take a once over on his first tree. This time, he found the grips he was looking for and just barely managed to do it without breaking pace, until he reached the top and snatched the bell.

[Tree 17]
[1 Raise to climb faster.]
[5k2 Strength/Athletics: 15 vs TN 15]

[Denbe gains 1 bell and 1 banked raise.]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 am
@ Crane Shenanigans:

Zanzen would find no sight of his fellow Crane (either of them), and the other Crab seemed to be vacant too, as most people were getting ready for, or already in their events. The Social Competition would have started already, and people were probably going to be en route to the Mental Competition shortly.

However, at the Crab tent, it did seem someone was present within.

--------------------

@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"The Hare? What makes him more worthy of victory than the other competitors, pray tell?" Sozen would ask, raising both eyebrows curiously. "You know the Scorpion's reputation for subterfuge, and statements that sound almost of conspiracy is not the best way to start a conversation where you're appealing for investigatory aid."

Sozen would smile somewhat, before contemplating Kojiro's other question. "My blades will be available for anyone who finds need of them. Until we know how the other competitions today end, however, I am trying not to consider who 'might win'. I think it's too early to tell."

Sozen would uncross his arms, and make an open-handed gesture with his right to signal openness. "I don't think you wanted to see me simply to engage in small talk, however. Maybe in court, but not here. Why did you want me to investigate that old monk, Kojiro-san? Besides paranoia, what actual, physical evidence do you have? Wazuka will need to know."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:45 am
@ Athletics Competition, Climbing Competition:

Denbe would use his elevated position to try to get to the top of the tree more safely. He would manage to snatch up his first bell, and descend quickly!

Sayoko likewise had better luck this time, as she tore off the offending branch and used the stump as a foothold to make it to the top, getting her first bell as well! {1 raise, 30 vs TN 10+5}

Sosuke would go to the tree to his right, very patiently climbing it, and he had his second bell already! {10 vs TN 10!}

Susumu was already done climbing a tree to HIS right when anyone looked, and was already beginning to scramble up his third, without showing any sign of slowing down, as he was taking the lead! {2 banked raises spent, 1 raise, 16 vs TN 10+5, +1 bell!}

Next round, go!

CLIMBING EVENT, ROUND 2
Yoritomo Susumu = 3 bells, 0 banked raises
Isawa Sosuke = 2 bells, 0 banked raises
Horiuchi Sayoko = 1 bells, 2 banked raises
Ujina Denbe = 1 bells, 2 banked raises

Quote:
  • Tree 1 = X, Sayoko
  • Tree 2 = Bell
  • Tree 3 = Bell
  • Tree 4 = Bell
  • Tree 5 = X
  • Tree 6 = X, Sosuke
  • Tree 7 = Bell
  • Tree 8 = Bell
  • Tree 9 = Bell
  • Tree 10 = Bell
  • Tree 11 = X
  • Tree 12 = X
  • Tree 13 = X, Susumu
  • Tree 14 = Bell
  • Tree 15 = Bell
  • Tree 16 = Bell
  • Tree 17 = X, Denbe
  • Tree 18 = Bell
  • Tree 19 = Bell
  • Tree 20 = Bell

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 4, 3, 8, 2, 6, 9 Total: 42 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:35 am
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro yawned. "It's a simple matter of point allotment, since there are eight slots for the Iaijutsu tournament. The more points that Ujina-san or Doji-san collects, the easier it is to enter the tournament. It's not the best way to enter, but it may have to do.. Kojiro replied grumpily. "And I'm sure I don't have to tell you how good an idea that is, Mirumoto-san. Three highly skilled magistrates in presence and all eyes are on us if even the slightest hint of someone cheating occurs. Do you hold us so lowly, Mirumoto-san? Don't answer. Duty is the most unforgiving tenet of Bushido and we Scorpions know what to expect for our mastery of Chugo."

Kojiro would shake his head. "Nothing really physical, no. I have asked Kitsu-san if she could commune with the spirits regarding Kan, but that's hardly enough evidence. It may be for the best if one of you Dragons gather her findings. If you wish for harder evidence, I shall have to try to provide it for you by morning then."

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier 5k3 (+3 dice to handle explosions)
2 raises called
Results: 19  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Sozen simply shake his head. "I spoke only of reputation. If the matter is that sensitive to you, then pretend it was never brought up." {Etiquette of 4. Really, Sozen? Really?}

Sozen would nod to Kojiro's explanation. "Again, reputation aside, all we have to go on is the accounts of members of the Scorpion Clan. Not saying accusations from them are more or less valid than those of any other, but those with identical agendas might have a skewed view on things. If your Kitsu lead does prove fruitful, then let us know. Without any hard evidence to use to direct our investigation, we'll have to start from scratch."

Sozen would bring up a hand to his face, rubbing one side of it. "I can't believe she just made me use the phrase 'hard evidence'. Blasted girl..."

Sozen would then give a polite waving gesture. "I'll bring it up to Wazuka and Makoto when they finish the Shogi competition. I'd rather not distract them with unnecessary thoughts until then. I'll seek you out tomorrow, Kojiro-san." With a quick, polite bow, he would vacate.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 2, 3, 8 Total: 26 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 am
@Shogi Competition

"I interpret it as rude for two reasons. Firstly you avoided my question without reason. Secondly while you avoided my question you constantly critiqued me and subtly insulted me. I do not mind if you dislike me. You have reason to but I will not stand you being unnecessarily rude even if at some point I did slash you. I still find your use of hidden armour distasteful."

Kagae was getting aggravated with how cryptic this person was being but regardless carried the game on by placing some captured pieces to reinforce his lines.

(Calling one raise to lower my tn. Battle 5k3 vs TN 20. Result: 21 )  
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 5, 2, 7 Total: 29 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 pm
Glancing around as he retrieved his first bell and shimmied down, Denbe knew that this wasn't going as well as he'd hoped. The bells were going quickly, and at this rate he was even falling behind Sosuke, who was making this look like a rather frustrating version of a certain fairy tale.

Seeing the Mantis clearing each bell on his way this direction, the Hare realized that if he could just nab this one more before he got to it, he could maybe slow Susumu down a little, and pull ahead of at least Sayoko.

The Kami seemed to be with him this time, and the Hare scaled his second tree significantly more quickly. Dropping quickly from one branch to the next, he put himself on the ground once more and hustled across to a new tree, already starting to find himself low handholds.

[Tree 16]
[1 Raise to move to tree 18 once done.]
[5k2 Strength/Athletics: 20 vs TN 15]

[Gain 1 bell and 1 banked raise. Move to tree 18.]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:16 pm
[...climbsplosion?: 3]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:08 pm
Crane Shenanigans

Not heading inside, he would speak into the tent with a firm voice."Pardon, but is Kuni-san available?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:23 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro would return Sozen's bow and then head to the Scorpion tent and collect his clean clothes and then proceeded off to see if the Daidoji would let him use their bath to clean off.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 pm
@ Tea Ceremony Competition

"Well, how does a combination of honey and chamonille sound to you, Sayoko-san? A mouthful of sweetness!"  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 1, 10, 1 Total: 22 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:30 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

After cleaning himself and having his dirty clothes dealt with, Kojiro would find a nice, quiet spot to meditate. If he was correct, Kaori was busy with Zanzen and Kojiro would make his apologies tomorrow. He also didn't want to disturb his fellow clanmates as they doubtlessly had to practice for the Shogi competition.

OOC:
Meditation: 3k2 (One die added for explosions; If Allowable)
TN: 20
Results: 26
2 pts of Void Recovered  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games