Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:58 am
Amy had just gotten done sending Karrie a text. She was still upset with him, but she didn't want to go to sleep without telling him she loved him first. She still loved him, obviously, and wanted him to know that, too.

Amy's text to Karrie
I love you and I hope you sleep well. Good night.

She had just put her phone in her pocket when she heard a knocking at the front desk. The shift was changing right now, so there'd be about 10 minutes with no one behind the desk. So, she stood up from the couch, carefully deposited a sleeping Thistle onto the couch, and walked out into the lobby area. She looked at the woman in concern. She was obviously quite distressed.

"Hello. Can I help you? My name is Amethyst and I'm co-owner of Aqua Springs."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:03 am
Yay! People! Miro hasn't seen people in a while sweatdrop Miro has been doing a lot of walking sweatdrop

:: holding a finger to her lip, she shifts her weight back and forth from one leg to the other, swaying a bit at the action ::
Miro... doesn't know where she is sweatdrop Miro just wanted to look around, but now Miro doesn't know how to get back or where anyone she knows is sad

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:07 am
Amy studied the girl for a quick moment. It was weird that she seemed to be referring to herself in third person, but she was also absolutely adorable! And she felt bad for her. She was lost!

Amy walked a little closer to the girl and gave her a warm smile.

"It's alright. You're at Aqua Springs. It's on the outskirts of town, and three blocks south is GGB. We're usually a water park, but since it's winter, we've changed it into a winter resort. We actually have new features that just opened up. Would you like something warm to drink? Are you hungry?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:14 am
:: her expression becomes more confused when Amethyst explained Aqua Springs' general location. She hadn't been around enough to know what GGB was sweatdrop ::
Something warm would be good 3nodding Miro has been out in the cold a while and Resist Cold can only do so much sweatdrop Miro should have changed sweatdrop

Food is good too surprised Something different than black bread would be nice. 3nodding Miro doesn't know how to make anything else crying

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:17 am
{{Noo! Battery is dying! sad I have to go. We can pick this up later! biggrin }}

Amy nodded and gently guided the girl inside the warm lounge (picture of it on the first page) and then over to the bar.

"Do you like hot chocolate? We can really make just about anything here. Tommy is the bartender. He can get you what you want to drink and eat."

She gestured to Tommy behind the bar. Tommy nodded to Miro and smiled warmly. "Nice to meet you, Miss."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:41 am
(( :: Miro tries to resurrect battery, but the spell fizzles :: gonk crying ))

:: She lets Amethyst direct her where to go, not wanting to end up getting lost in the place and be double lost sweatdrop As they enter the lounge, she looks around wide-eyed with mouth slightly agape ::
surprised Neato. Ooo! Fireplace!

:: with her arms straight out to either side of her, she skips over to the fireplace, letting her arms bounce and swing with each step. When she gets there, she kneels down on the hearth and stares intently at the fire, watching the flames move about behind the protective screen ::
Pretty~ surprised

:: eventually it registers that she was asked a question and she turns back toward the bar, her vision spotted by staring directly at the light of the fire for a while ::
Miro likes chocolate surprised Miro likes chocolate bunches 3nodding

:: she reaches behind her and pulls out a backpack, which looks like an oversized Christmas stocking, from seemingly nowhere. She sets it down beside her on the hearth and rummages through it, pulling out a container ::
Ta-da! You should use this... 4laugh
:: after a moment, she takes notice of the weight and opens it up, finding out it's empty ::
Oopsie sweatdrop I forgot to throw that one away sweatdrop
:: sticks the empty container back into her backpack and rummages around again ::
Ah-ha!
:: pulls out another similar looking container ::
This one! This one has stuffs in it 3nodding

:: she closes up the backpack and tucks it back into the void behind her, then skips back over to the bar, setting the small, reddish-brown container on the counter's surface and opening it up, revealing the dark chocolate creme inside ::
Miro has lots of this. It's best with milk 3nodding

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:32 pm
{{Aww! I wish it would have worked, both for my laptop and for me. A recharged battery would have been great for my energy! lol!}}

Amy's eyes softened and she smiled warmly as she watched Miro skip over to the fireplace. Maybe this was what she needed to boost her spirits. Miro seemed so carefree.

Amy walked over to the fireplace and at next to the hearth with Miro. She looked over at Thistle and saw that she had not stirred once. She was out like a light. Too bad. She would have liked Miro.

Both Tommy and Amy looked at Miro when she talked about using chocolate that she herself had brought. That was new. Was she a baker?

Amy stood up when Miro put the chocolate creme on the counter and went over to look at it. Tommy leaned over to look inside the container and sighed softly when the rich aroma filled his nose.

"Wow... That smells incredible, Miro. You know, if you wouldn't mind, would you want to come over here and show me how to bake something you normally bake with this chocolate? I love learning new things to make."

Amy looked over at Miro. "Are you a baker, Miro?"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:02 am
:: Miro climbs onto one of the taller stools and starts swinging her legs back and forth while she sits there ::
Miro doesn't really know how to bake anything with that, except truffles, but Miro doesn't make truffles. Truffles are gross mad It was suggested to Miro to make truffles to get better at baking, but Miro thinks that's a waste of chocolate 3nodding Instead, she just eats the dark chocolate creme by itself or with milk 3nodding It's tasty 3nodding

:: when she hears Amethyst's question, she shakes her head ::
Miro has low baking skill. Miro mostly does cleric things because Miro's a cleric 3nodding Miro was doing cleric things before she came here and that's why Miro is dressed this way whee

((Feel free to skip ahead without Miro if something else comes up. You can say she just fell asleep or something. Miro doesn't mind 3nodding ))

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

BonnieWeeLassie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:10 pm
A phone call: "BARC is pleased to tell you that your kittens are ready for their pickup. A letter from our vet has been mailed and the bill will follow after pickup. Thank you for choosing BARC to care for your pets."

- - - - - - - -
A shipping box arrives at Aqua Springs. Inside is a letter from B.A.R.C. as well as a package of Kitten Milk Formula cans.
- - - - - - - -
Greeting Ms. Amethyst,

Thank you for trusting BARC with your pets! We feel honored by your trust. Your kittens are in good health but will need to have a follow up visit within the next month. Enclosed are instructions for kitten feeding as well as a package of complementary cans of Kitten Milk Formula.
Please be sure to visit us again. We will be happy to see you.

BonnieWeeLassie

:A one month old kitten (4 weeks) should still be nursing its mother or else being bottle fed. It's very important to feed a kitten a proper milk supplement. The enclosed brand of formula is excellent. It can be purchased from your local veterinarian (BARC), farm supply store, and possibly a pet store. It will need to be diluted as directed on the can. The kitten will need this supplement until it is a full 6-7 weeks old, though I prefer to feed it for a week to two longer than that in addition to regular kitten foods. It will also need to be fed quite often. It will need to start eating soft foods at 5-6 weeks and can be started on dry at 6-7 weeks, if you choose. I highly recommend the truly premium foods. Please try feed them the brand of kitten milk replacer that I mentioned...regular cow's milk can cause major gastrointestinal problems and does not contain sufficient nutrients for a kitten. :  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:28 pm
{{Nope, no need to move forward! I can post as Amy in two different times. smile }}

{{Retroposting:}}

Tommy nodded to Miro and then took the canister of chocolate creme. He pulled out some brownie batter that he had made earlier in the night and poured some of the creme into the batter. Then, he handed it back to Miro with a smile.

"Thank you very much, Miro. If these turn out as good as the creme smells, we might need to employ you as our creme provider."

He looked over at Amy with a smile, who nodded in agreement. "I agree. I can't wait to taste them."

While Tommy went to pour the batter into the cake pan and bake it, Amy turned back to Miro.

"So, Miro, what kind of work did you do as a cleric?"  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm
{{Current time:}}

Jessi received the letter and the package from Bonnie's Adoption and Racing Center. She was a little confused about the word 'racing' being in the title, but she didn't focus too long on that. She quickly got her phone out and texted Amy that the kittens were ready to be picked up and that the care package for them was at AS.

Then, Jessi saw Tommy heading out, having finished his late-night shift, and quickly called him over to the info desk before he left.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:56 pm
After quickly sending Amy another text about all the stuff that had come from BARC, she turned back to Tommy and started to fill him in on what happened yesterday when she went over to Amy's.

"I mean, I know I might be overreacting, but I just got this weird feeling. One minute Amy is looking at Karrie like he's a long-lost treasure, and the next, she's telling me how upset she got with him earlier over a simple phrase he said. Granted, what he said wasn't great, but nothing to get that upset over. I don't know what's going on. Like I said, please don't tell anyone else, but I wanted to talk with you about it because I thought we should keep an eye on her, help her out if she needs something."

Tommy looked a little concerned and nodded. "Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I wonder what's going on. I mean, Amy's never been the most sensible or even-tempered girl, but she usually doesn't switch from hot to cold like that so suddenly. She's a sweet girl."

He sighed and shook his head. "She sounds just like my older sister. She's getting ready to have a baby in about 8 months, and my brother-in-law says she's all over him one minute and the next, she's either ripping his head off or crying. It's weird how women can go through such extremes like that so quickly, no offense."

About a half beat later, Tommy and Jessi looked at each other with huge eyes and Jessi gasped. "Oh my God!..."

They had been talking quietly, but what they hadn't known was that another staff member had been in the lounge stoking the fire. She had been about to come out into the main entrance area when she had heard lowered voices outside. When the voices stopped, the woman processed all that she had heard and then quickly dialed her coworker on the phone she had in her pocket. She wasn't going to believe this! For once, she knew something big that was going on at work that no one else did.  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:25 pm
Daniel finally found himself walking up to the large front entrance of Aqua Springs. he had managed to come directly here, but being on foot meant it took longer than he had anticipated. That and he had paused on a few occasions to be helpful to passersby, or respond to a greeting, or just stop to talk to someone who looked like they needed talking to. All in all it had been a very pleasent experience. However it had also been a distracting one. What kind of time traveller can't keep track of time. I'm gonna have to buy a watch or something.

Giving his attire one last straightening, using the reflection from the glass door, Daniel strode into the front lobby of Aqua Springs. His first impression was that this time he managed to get through the door without finding himself in an alien warzone. His second impression was that he liked the place already, for some reason. It all seemed very clean, which for some unknown reason, he found appealing. Crossing the open space to the front desk, Daniel pulled off his sunglasses as he flashed the receptionist his best smile.

"Afternoon. I heard that there was a staff position available, and I've come to inquire."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:31 pm
Jessi looked up from her desk and smiled at the well-dressed man who addressed her. Tommy had left a few minutes earlier to go home. When she heard that the man was here to inquire about a staff position, she was impressed. Everyone else who had come to ask about the security guard position, which was the only available position right now, had just come in wearing jeans and a sweater. They didn't look bad by any means, but not professional. This man looked like he was taking the job very seriously.

She smiled, stood up, and held out her hand. "Hello. My name is Jessi Fields. I'm the receptionist here at Aqua Springs. You're here to interview for the security guard position?"

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:39 pm
Daniel took Jessie's hand and shook it just once, and only just slightly, before releasing his grip. At the mention of a position for security he just smiles and shurgs a little as he tucks his glass into his breat pocket.

"If that's the position that's available, yes. I must confess that I only looked at the ad long enough to see that there was an opening."

(( Ironic anecdote: In RL, I've spent about 8 years in the private security business. Until recently when I got a better job. ))  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games