Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 pm
Super Contemplative!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:46 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro would return to the tent to see if anyone was there. If not, he would sit down on the cot and wait for their return. He would rummage through Maru's bag of books to see if a copy of Guwahime's fables was there...although he doubted it. If he could not find that, he would settle for reading the book on Sadane.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:38 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 4:

First check: Matsu Seichiro gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

Toyoko would smile and nod enthusiastically. "That's fine! Did you know Koan-kun's favorite tea is vanilla orange blossom? I never had it before but its really good. I can see myself drinking it from now on, especially if it makes Koan-kun happy. Have you ever tried that kind before? What do you think about it? If more people shared his sensible taste in tea, I think they'd respect him a lot more," she chirped, watching Seichiro pour out the two cups all the while.

Finally taking her cup, she would bow her head to Seichiro and take a light sip. "It's really quite good! Buuut I think I'm going to like Koan-kun's tea more," she confessed, somewhat bluntly.

{Etiquette of 1}  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:49 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 0 banked raises. TN 10
Shosuro Naizen has 1 banked raise. TN 5

"Just because you were runner up in the martial duel, does not mean you have the luxury of pushing other people around. You are out of your element here. If you have legitimate concerns about my ability to make friends, feel free to voice your concerns with a magistrate. I will wait here patiently while you go make a fool of yourself," responded Naizen in a chastising manner.

In the meantime, Naizen would begin to move some pieces up to goad Kagae into moving from defense to offense. {1 raise, 32 vs TN 10, Kagae's TN is increased by 5!}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 pm
@ Athletics Competition, Climbing Competition:

Denbe would show that he was not only a Hare, but a squirrel as well, as he bound up the tree like nobody's business! He would snatch up the bell up top, practically jumping from a lower branch and bounding to a tree in the opposite direction!

Sayoko would proceed to climb the next tree in the same hurried pace, building her momentum but still only grabbing a single bell. {1 raise, 22 vs TN 10+5}

Sosuke would finally have a bit of trouble in the next tree he went to, his kimono getting snagged on a branch. "Well, this is bothersome..." he said as he struggled to get free. {9 vs TN 10}

Susumu was feeling catty, and still hadn't spent any void yet. He would attempt to snag the two bells remaining in a row, leaping from one tree to the next! Saving himself the time of moving to the next trunk, he escaped with two bells in record time! {2 raises, void for free raise, 28 vs TN 10+10, +1 bell!} Unfortunately, this would also mean he had nowhere to go immediately next round...

Next round, go!

CLIMBING EVENT, ROUND 3
Yoritomo Susumu = 5 bells, 0 banked raises
Isawa Sosuke = 2 bells, 1 banked raises
Horiuchi Sayoko = 2 bells, 3 banked raises
Ujina Denbe = 2 bells, 2 banked raises

Quote:
  • Tree 1 = X
  • Tree 2 = X, Sayoko
  • Tree 3 = Bell
  • Tree 4 = Bell
  • Tree 5 = X
  • Tree 6 = X
  • Tree 7 = Bell, Sosuke
  • Tree 8 = Bell
  • Tree 9 = Bell
  • Tree 10 = Bell
  • Tree 11 = X
  • Tree 12 = X
  • Tree 13 = X
  • Tree 14 = X
  • Tree 15 = X, Susumu
  • Tree 16 = X
  • Tree 17 = X
  • Tree 18 = Bell, Denbe
  • Tree 19 = Bell
  • Tree 20 = Bell

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 4, 10, 8 Total: 27 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:08 pm
Perception/Investigation 3k2 w/ one die added to handle explosions
Results: 23  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

"Unless you mean the magistrate, then yes, I am. Who is it?" Kaori would step through the elaborate purple flaps of the fancy unicorn tent, her face paint missing, her hair soaking wet. She had the look of someone who just returned to the bathhouse.

"Oh! Kakita-san, what are you doing here? If you're here to make a bid for Yasuki lands, I'm afraid I have no influence on the matter." Zanzen wouldn't be entirely sure if that was meant as a joke or not. It's always so hard to tell with a Kuni...

--------------------

@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

After a successful meditative session, Kojiro would return to the tent to see his companions had gone missing. No doubt, at the Shogi competition by now. Finding a book to read, he would sit down and get lost in the words contained within.

Some time afterwards, Soshi Maru would enter quietly, though she did not address Kojiro. Pulling out a mat, she would begin getting some candles ready, as if she was preparing for a session of prayer.  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 9, 3, 4 Total: 23 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:22 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro commented quietly "Did you run into the Lioness at the Shogi competition, Maru-san?" The Scorpion feared for the worst and quietly examined his Clanmate's posture to determine if she were merely meditating or cajoling the kami to do a task for her.

OOC:
Spending a void point for a trained Spellcraft roll.
Perception/Spellcraft: 3k2 (One die added to handle explosions.)
Results: 16  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:08 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"Oh!" Maru would say, jumping at Kojiro's question. "Sorry, Kojiro-san. I was trying not to disturb your reading."

From Kojiro's best guess, Maru was not preparing any spells; she didn't even have her scrolls out, and there would be no reason NOT to use one if that was her goal. She seemed to simply be praying. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill, Kojiro.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. Or have you not realized how early into the evening it is? I was about to pray to the Fortunes to curse that witch and her entire family; a fate that's generous, as far as I'm concerned." She would then turn back around to kneel on the mat, her palms pressed together, her head lowered.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:08 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

"I am done with the competitions today... I couldn't lift rocks very well, though that may have come from getting my face bashed in a bit on the horses... I believe that I shall try to avoid that particular beast if I am ever offered one from here." He shivered visibly.

"As such, I was wondering when you would like to join me for tea."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:15 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

Whether or not it would be well received by Zanzen, he actually got a stiffled giggle out of Kaori when he mentioned getting his face bashed in. "I'm sorry, that was an inappropriate reaction. I don't mean to take pleasure in your defeat." {Etiquette of 13}

She would look thoughtful for a moment, looking back at the tent, then back at Zanzen. It was as if she was contemplating her other options for company. "I would actually enjoy that experience; however, I just got back from the bathhouse. I still need to finish cleaning myself, so if you would like to bathe yourself then return, I should be ready by then." She would pause, then emphasize, "It's a Kuni woman thing."  
Plainsfox rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 6, 2, 6, 4, 1 Total: 30 (7-70)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:23 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

"Time really hasn't been my bright spot today... in fact, I don't know what has been this whole tournament." Kojiro admitted. "I was wondering...when you're done, and when Naizen is back, maybe we should head to a tea house and relax? Tomorrow is likely to be extremely vicious, even more so than the Iaijutsu contest. We may do our best with our spirits restored instead of grinding ourselves down hunting after loose ends and the like now?"

OOC
Awareness/Courter roll (5k3+2 additional dice to handle explosions)
Raises: 1
Results: 20 (Injury modifier +3)  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:33 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

There would be no response for some time after the idea was proposed. Eventually, a barely audible "Mm-hmm" would be the only thing he would get out of her, as she was trying to pray. It seemed important to her, as if she believed that if she made enough raises, Bishamon would descend from Tengoku itself and smite the Kitsu. {2 raises, Void/Theology roll of 20}  
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 1, 6, 3 Total: 19 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 pm
The others were all up to pace with him. Except for the one- that Mantis must have had plenty of practice on ship masts. Looking at the two trees left, Denbe decided he had to clear them before the Mantis came his way and forced him to run all the way to the far end just to retrieve bells.

Time to double-time, and hope the Fortunes smiled on him.

Short version: they did not.

[Tree 18]
[Spend 2 free raises, make 1 raise to scale 18 & 19]
[5k2 Strength/Athletics: 13 vs TN 15]

[Gain 0 bells and 1 banked raise.]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:45 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro would shrug and make prayers to various Scorpion ancestors while Maru made her prayers. After a while, Kojiro would quietly ask. "Are you in any way related to Soshi Taisen? He was a shugenja I used to act as a Yojimbo for. You remind me of him." The Bayushi mentally added ...and apparently my grandmother and great grandmother weren't much different from him either.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games