Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonfire: Dragonriders of Pern Rp

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Ierne Weyr
Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:07 am
Then Weyrleader only shook his head at that. "Indeed it does, but things also have a way of working themselves out." He stretched and rose. "Well then, Lady Minoa, shall find you a weyr of your own?" She had asked where she was supposed to stay after all and it was his duty as Weyrleader to help her find a place to her liking.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:25 am
Minoa nodded. "Yes, thank you." Minoa stood and turned to him. "I think I'd just like something close to the infirmary."  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:32 pm
Dragon_Lady_Selene

Kes nodded. "Oh, okay. I guess our dragons do come first. I'll see you later then, I guess." She flashed him a bright smile and watched him leave.

Wreth had her own ideas. Kes, I itch. Please come do something about it.

Kes shook her head. "Sorry, now Wreth itches, I've got to go." Especially since she'd used the last of her oil on the gold the day before. Now she'd have to go to the storeroom and get more.

As she noticed her rider leave Wreth gave a draconic chuckle. Now she's heading for the storeroom as well. The plan is going perfectly. Are you ready for the next part Garinth?

((For this, I'll just combine my two characters.))

Garinth watched his rider's progress towards the storeroom with increasing glee. He'd waited for this for a long time.

I am. As soon as they are inside, Purith's rider will throw the lock. Then we can tell them, can we not?

As he spoke, Purith turned towards her rider and gave Tyreena the signal. As Kes was going out of sight, Tyreena dashed towards one the many side tunnels that would end up in front of the storeroom's door; it was not the most travelled corridor, but she knew the way and would reach her destination before Kes. She knelt on the stone floor just beyod the bend that concealed her from the storeroom door. She heard F'lin's voice from inside.

Garinth, Wreth, Tyreena is ready to lock the door when Kes enters. She says that F'lin is there already; she can hear him muttering.

Garinth thanked the small green, able to appreciate the humorous tone in her last statement. This plan was going well.

F'lin entered the storeroom and began muttering straight off as he searched for the oil that Garinth preferred.

"I could swear I had at least half a barrel still in my weyr," he said in a low voice. "Granted, that's not enough to oil Garinth completely, but he only said he had a little itch. I oiled him just last night!"

He grabbed one of the long-handled brushes used for scrubbing dragon backs as he went; his was nearly spent.

"There it is," he said as he spied a barrel of the earthy smelling oil. He took a whiff and nodded. "That's the stuff. After the past two Turns, I've actually gotten used to the stench. A wonder, that."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:16 am
Kes entered into the storeroom and smiled at the muttering brownrider. "Having trouble F'lin?"

Wreth smirked internaly. She's in! Tell Yours to do it now Purith! We'll tell them what's going on after we get them in.
------------

M'gor nodded and offered his arm to the Healer in order to lead her towards what he hoped would be her new weyr.

((We need to get this finished. We have another small time jump that's about to happen.))  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:26 pm
Minoa took the Weyrleader's arm and followed him to whatever weyr he had in mind. She was not a picky person, satisfied with the simple convenience of close proximity to the infirmary.

((Alrighty. ^.^))  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:27 am
((Here's the jump. We're just going to say that M'gor showed Minoa to a weyr that she liked. As for the incident with F'lin and Kes...we'll just have to hint at how that turned out.))

//TIME JUMP- Seven Months Later...//

Here's what's happened during this time: Gold Wreth has risen. Her catcher was Bronze Voliath. His rider D'ran is now a Wingleader and Kes is Ierne Weyr's new Junior Weyrwoman. There are now eggs on the hatching sands, twenty to be exact.

OOC: Now on to the roleplay!!

She couldn't beleive how much had happened in the last few months. Her Wreth has risen unexpectedly and now she was the Junior Weyrwoman for the weyr. The bronzerider who's dragon had caught hers was D'ran and he seemed to be a good person. She'd heard he'd been promoted from Wingsecond to Wingleader and was happy for him. She herself had only just settled into her responsibilites as the Junior Weyrwoman. It was a lot to take in. On top of all of that, Wreth had eggs on the hatching sands and refused to leave them. Sure she'd let herself, D'ran, and Voliath visit her but it still made her anxious.

She worried about a lot of things lately, she noticed. Currently she was sitting at a table in the Dining Hall by herself while she thought about everything that was going on.

-----

T'gal quietly entered the Dining Hall and sighed when he spotted the Junior Weyrwoman once again sitting by herself. He worried over the young goldrider lately. She had a lot of duties now and it looked like they weighed heavly on her. He wondered where her friends were. He used to see her the most often in the company of either a young greenrider named Tyreena or a brownrider named F'lin. That neither was with her made him worry.

Settling himself in the seat next to Kes, he offered the suprised young woman a smile and a greeting. "Hey there, why are you sitting here by yourself?"

Barith's gentle voice floated through her mind a moment later. Hello, young one. How are you?
----

Kes smiled brightly at the pair. "I'm fine, just resting. Everyone else is busy, I guess, so I don't really have the chance to see them."

Then her smile gentled as she spoke with the blue. After all, it had been a while since she'd gotten the chance to speak with a dragon other than Wreth. Hello Barith, it's been a while. I'm alright, just really tired. Thank you for asking.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:40 am
Minoa wandered into the Dining Hall, stretching absently. She was glad to have some time away from her studies. Flicker protested at the jostling of his perch and disappeared.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:36 pm
((Just to clarify, I'm going to say this is around noon, okay?))

F'lin stepped into the Dining Hall quietly. The past seven months had been full of nonstop activity, the most recent and most talked about one being Wreth's twenty eggs on the Hatching Ground, the result of her mating flight with Voliath. F'lin didn't bother blushing at the thought of that flight; it was one of the things that was just a part of Weyrlife. Still, he had been torn between keeping Garinth grounded during the flight, as opposed to the Weyrleaders' orders. He understood why they didn't want Wreth's brother to fly her, even if Garinth was smaller than the bronzes that typically flew queens, but that still left him uncertain as to his standing with Kes.

Don't fret so, F'lin. Things will work out.

I know that. I'm just worried about how that will happen.

Garinth was silent, and F'lin knew that the brown didn't have an answer. Truth be told, rider was as speechless as dragon. Kes seemed happy enough, and the bronze rider, D'ran, was supposed to be kind and courteous. It was F'lin who wasn't quite as happy as he had been.

F'lin was about to mutter to himself about bad luck and rotten timing and so on when he spotted Kes talking to the Weyrlingmaster, T'gal, at a table nearby. Uncertain, F'lin took a seat near the door to the great cavern and began picking at the bowl of stew that a drudge had placed before him.

---------------

Tyreena had just finished oiling her green Purith when she felt the pangs of hunger in her belly. She belatedly realized that she had neglected to eat a decent breakfast, settling for a single cup of klah and a redfruit. She entered the Dining Hall and filled her nose with the scent of the day's midday meal. Exhaling in pleasure, she caught sight of Kes across the room, speaking with T'gal, a blue rider and the Weyr's Weyrlingmaster. Having been unable to speak with her friend for several days, as she had been occupied with cleaning out her weyr in between caring for Purith and mending her riding straps, Tyreena strode over to the two of them.

"Hey there, Kes," she said cheerfully, taking a seat next to the other girl and nodding to T'gal. "It's been a while, huh? It seems like I haven't seen you in ages. How's Wreth?"

Good day, Kes. I apologize for my 'Reena. She seems to have adopted my habit for talking the ears off any listeners. Purith greeted the goldrider in a familiar tone, on account of her close association with the girl's dragon. The only problem was that Purith hadn't seen much of Wreth the past few months; not since she cutched. But Purith could be lenient with the gold; after all, Wreth had to look after her eggs.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:35 pm
Minoa spotted a tall, wiry dragonrider sitting alone and seeming rather distracted. She hadn't had much time to get to know the dragonriders and that needed to be remedied. Despite her own reserved nature, as the weyr's healer she ought to get to know it's inhabitants. She settled down at the dragonrider's table and got some stew.
"Hello, I'm Minoa the weyr's healer. I haven't been able to get to know many people as I'm studying dragonhealing." She regarded F'lin curiously.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:09 pm
F'lin looked up as the healer, Minoa, settled across from him. He didn't know her very well, as he'd been rather unsocial the past few months, but he decided that he'd better make an effort; besides, the girl needed a friend as much he did. So he smiled amiably, deftly keeping hidden the pain that he felt with Kes so near; it wasn't hard, not after so long to practice.

"Hello, Minoa," he said. "I am F'lin, brown Garinth's rider. It's good to finally meet you; I've seen you scurrying about on errands now and again. How's the training coming?"  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:11 pm
"Good to meet you too, F'lin. The training is going slowly. I wish I could be done with it but I'm doing it for the weyr and not myself," Minoa smiled slightly. "How have you been doing?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:41 pm
Cherished Strawberries
((Just to clarify, I'm going to say this is around noon, okay?))

F'lin stepped into the Dining Hall quietly. The past seven months had been full of nonstop activity, the most recent and most talked about one being Wreth's twenty eggs on the Hatching Ground, the result of her mating flight with Voliath. F'lin didn't bother blushing at the thought of that flight; it was one of the things that was just a part of Weyrlife. Still, he had been torn between keeping Garinth grounded during the flight, as opposed to the Weyrleaders' orders. He understood why they didn't want Wreth's brother to fly her, even if Garinth was smaller than the bronzes that typically flew queens, but that still left him uncertain as to his standing with Kes.

Don't fret so, F'lin. Things will work out.

I know that. I'm just worried about how that will happen.

Garinth was silent, and F'lin knew that the brown didn't have an answer. Truth be told, rider was as speechless as dragon. Kes seemed happy enough, and the bronze rider, D'ran, was supposed to be kind and courteous. It was F'lin who wasn't quite as happy as he had been.

F'lin was about to mutter to himself about bad luck and rotten timing and so on when he spotted Kes talking to the Weyrlingmaster, T'gal, at a table nearby. Uncertain, F'lin took a seat near the door to the great cavern and began picking at the bowl of stew that a drudge had placed before him.

Kes noticed when F'lin entered the Dining Hall and quickly ducked out of the way. She hadn't seen him since Wreth's flight and didn't think he wanted anything to do with her any longer.

T'gal looked at the young goldrider in concern but didn't comment. She'd have to figure this one out for herself. Neither he nor Barith could help her though he felt the blue's desire to do so.

Wreth felt when Garinth was near from her postition on the Hatching Sands and bugled a welcome to the brown. Hello Garinth! It has been a while since we have spoken. How are you? How is Yours?

Quote:
Tyreena had just finished oiling her green Purith when she felt the pangs of hunger in her belly. She belatedly realized that she had neglected to eat a decent breakfast, settling for a single cup of klah and a redfruit. She entered the Dining Hall and filled her nose with the scent of the day's midday meal. Exhaling in pleasure, she caught sight of Kes across the room, speaking with T'gal, a blue rider and the Weyr's Weyrlingmaster. Having been unable to speak with her friend for several days, as she had been occupied with cleaning out her weyr in between caring for Purith and mending her riding straps, Tyreena strode over to the two of them.

"Hey there, Kes," she said cheerfully, taking a seat next to the other girl and nodding to T'gal. "It's been a while, huh? It seems like I haven't seen you in ages. How's Wreth?"

Good day, Kes. I apologize for my 'Reena. She seems to have adopted my habit for talking the ears off any listeners. Purith greeted the goldrider in a familiar tone, on account of her close association with the girl's dragon. The only problem was that Purith hadn't seen much of Wreth the past few months; not since she cutched. But Purith could be lenient with the gold; after all, Wreth had to look after her eggs.

Kes's head shot up when she heard a very familiar voice call her. She smiled in welcome when she saw it was Tyreena. "Hey Tyreena, it's been a while, I agree. I've missed you. Wreth is fine, she's watching her eggs. How have you been? How's Purith?" She tilted her head to the side when said green spoke to her. 'Hello Purith, and good day to you too. I don't mind Tyreena, I'm used to it by now. How have you been?'

Wreth too, greeted her green sister. Hello sister. How are you and Yours?  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:30 pm
Verenna hurried to the messhall. That ocean salt really had gotten to her. But that wasn't the reason for the bounce in her step.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:31 pm
F'lin smiled. He knew how it felt to want to rush forward at full speed when you knew you couldn't if you didn't want to botch the results.

'I'm...better," he said. He had to think about for a half second, because he knew he didn't want to lie outright and say he was fine. She was a healer; she could probably see as well as everyone else how strained he had become since seven months before. "I suppose I'd neglect myself, if not for Garinth. He won't let me forget the simple things."

I most certainly will not. You do forget, easily. You shouldn't brood over the flight. Good afternoon, Wreth. I have missed your company. F'lin is brooding. He can't forget the past, but he won't let it go long enough to look forward and grasp the future. He sometimes forgets to eat. He misses yours.

In the middle of his speech, F'lin heard Garinth's voice fade as he spoke to another dragon, probably Wreth, or maybe Purith, Tyreena's green. No, it would be Wreth, definately.

-----------------

Tyreena was glad that she and Kes were closer now; the girl was fun to tease, and Tyreena loved to do it. Having two very mischeivous dragons helped as well. At the mention of Wreth's clutch, Tyreena grinned impishly, though she rather thought that her friend was a bit sad that F'lin's brown hadn't flown Wreth.

"Purith is fine and dandy," she said. "I suppose she'll rise in a month or so, which is just as well. I haven't any preference among the blue and brown riders, so I'll have her do the choosing. But what about you? That bronze rider, D'ran, and his dragon, are they acceptable?"

She giggled a bit, deciding that she wouldn't ask what she was dying to know: whether Kes liked the rider of the bronze that had flown Wreth enough to be weyrmates with him.

I am well, little one, but 'Reena's already said that. She politely turned her conversation to Wreth. It's a good day today, sister. We are well. 'Reena has just oiled me, so I am warm and sunning. How are you and the Goldrider? Mine says she seems sad.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:18 pm
R'lan strode into the Dining Hall, his black hair still dripping slightly. He spotted Verenna and waved as he strode over.

~~~

Minoa listened closely to F'lin's words. "Have you tried talking to her?" Minoa regarded F'lin with a steady, gentle gaze.  
Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff