Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Religion , What do you believe? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeah,Religion
  Atheist.
  Boeddhist
  christian
  Jewish
  Muslim
  Pagan
  Other
View Results

Violent Posture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm
AmberElric
Violent Posture
I feel religion has had its day.
If you need that security of a high being in your lives then have it your way.
And in reality that IS mostly why they are faithful, through fear of an afterlife. Mainly hell. And I'm talking about christianity here but I could go into all the other...just...strange ones.

While in theory their 'do gooder' attitude sounds great but my word...the amount of people who have died for religion is unbeleivable. While i am greatful for their art, because lets face it, its amazing. I visited the vatican recently and it is so beautiful! That is about the only thing I am pleased with.

The rest is corrupt, hypocritical beyond words,desperate and power hungry.

But thats how I see it.

It's fine that you don't find religion useful but you are stereotyping way too much. There is corruption in many other things in society and people do a lot of things out of fear but that is not good argument to say something is useless. That is how I see it.

That statement itself is useless since it doesnt even relate.
I did not say there wasnt corruption outside of religion ...
And tell me how doing things out of fear is useful because that is how you've worded it?
So I'm slightly baffled by this response.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:13 pm
Violent Posture
AmberElric
Violent Posture
I feel religion has had its day.
If you need that security of a high being in your lives then have it your way.
And in reality that IS mostly why they are faithful, through fear of an afterlife. Mainly hell. And I'm talking about christianity here but I could go into all the other...just...strange ones.

While in theory their 'do gooder' attitude sounds great but my word...the amount of people who have died for religion is unbeleivable. While i am greatful for their art, because lets face it, its amazing. I visited the vatican recently and it is so beautiful! That is about the only thing I am pleased with.

The rest is corrupt, hypocritical beyond words,desperate and power hungry.

But thats how I see it.

It's fine that you don't find religion useful but you are stereotyping way too much. There is corruption in many other things in society and people do a lot of things out of fear but that is not good argument to say something is useless. That is how I see it.

That statement itself is useless since it doesnt even relate.
I did not say there wasnt corruption outside of religion ...
And tell me how doing things out of fear is useful because that is how you've worded it?
So I'm slightly baffled by this response.

Haha It doesn't relate to this? You have to be joking. You just said religion was useless because it can be corrupt and sometimes people follow it just out of fear. So I am sorry that you can't comprehend. But I did plan on explaining further is you insist, which you obviously do.
People follow laws out of fear, government can be corrupt, businesses can be corrupt, etc. Yet these things do have use, obviously. Religion also has use. Without faith sometimes it seems like life would be meaningless to some, it can also help build character(if the person isn't just doing it to get to "paradise"), can help people get out of a troublesome life, and so on. It is seriously not unbelievable that a greater being created everything. I think it is fine to believe that. Sometimes there are things that can't be fully explained about this world we live in.
No need to be baffled or so outraged by a mere post. It obviously pertained to your previous response. I never said that you thought there wasn't corruption out of religion but your statement seems to suggest that anything with a little corruption would be useless. Don't get too offended now, because I really don't care too much if you are religious or not. You just seem to be one of those people that hates religion because it would be judgemental yet you seem to be pretty closeminded yourself. But you will most likely say otherwise.  

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Violent Posture

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:01 am
O.o...
I was just debating with you..
No need to get all well..angry at me.
And if im judgemental then you've just judged the hell out of me right then and there...to be honest I don't even know why you have just made it personal by mentioning stuff about myself..very childish.

But I was asking you clear things up.

Now I'll carry on with the DEBATE and ignore those silly nasty comments.

I see what your saying about businesses being corrupt but still needing them, i just found religion useless bescause that was my own opinion i can understand why some people need that security and i do actually respect that. But in my own opinion i feel its had its day. There are things we just can't explain but every day science brings us closer to the unknown. And I have been one of those people in a very desperate hour who have thought about faith in a last resort. But it didnt happen. But i would of liked that sense of security I'm sure many people get.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:09 pm
Violent Posture
O.o...
I was just debating with you..
No need to get all well..angry at me.
And if im judgemental then you've just judged the hell out of me right then and there...to be honest I don't even know why you have just made it personal by mentioning stuff about myself..very childish.

But I was asking you clear things up.

Now I'll carry on with the DEBATE and ignore those silly nasty comments.

I see what your saying about businesses being corrupt but still needing them, i just found religion useless bescause that was my own opinion i can understand why some people need that security and i do actually respect that. But in my own opinion i feel its had its day. There are things we just can't explain but every day science brings us closer to the unknown. And I have been one of those people in a very desperate hour who have thought about faith in a last resort. But it didnt happen. But i would of liked that sense of security I'm sure many people get.

Are you seriously not aware debates with religion are personal? Bashing religion with false phrases and exagerations are personal? Everything is personal and you are obviously taking things personal. I am debating with you as well and it is funny because you have been trying to pretend you are the one that is "mature" yet you slip in "subtle" insults. Haha Ok and it depends on your definition of judging. However I never said humans shouldn't judge because it is only natural, but there is a limit it can pass and become hateful without rational reasoning. I was really just observing and dissecting what you said and them came to a conclusion.

Hey I really don't care if you lack faith, however that seems to be the only reason that you are anticipating the day it comes to an end. But there are many people that find it useful for many reasons so it can't possibly be that negative or useless. I wouldn't want to burn all the books in the world just because I don't really enjoy reading.

This "debate" is getting too repetitive.  

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Tangerine_Monster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:46 pm
Well, um, the raging debate above me aside... I'm not really religious, so much as I am spiritual. I think there's this one Khalil Gibran quote about that... about how every person's soul walks a different path?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:57 pm
I'm a Christian, and I really hate that there is so much negativity attached to that word because of things "Christians" have done in the past (and still do today)
To me it means that I am loved and completely accepted despite my faults; that I should try to do what is Good, but even when I fail I won't be rejected. And that in turn I am to love everyone the way that God loves me.

cajunvoodoo

Unholy Slayer

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:31 am
User Image

I'm skeptic agnostic leaning towards atheist. It's not so much the belief structure of most religions that get me, actually; it's the people in them. I mean, I have a good Christian friend who is really nice, but for the most part, most people from most religions seem to be extremely violent about it. Closed-mindedness is one thing I just cannot stand, and when I have it blatantly shoved in my face, well, I start to get a bit disillusioned.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:33 am
I'm a Christian, but I'm not sure what to believe in anymore. I mean, our parents lie to us so much, sometimes I wonder why I believe them at all.  

esperanato

Shirtless Ladykiller

8,950 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Pandora Inkheart

5,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:17 pm
I beileive that religeon was created by man to explain things that couldn't be expalined when people first made religeon.

Now, today, things like rainfall and eartquakes have been explained to not the work of people in the sky but of nature.

But really, i also beleive that humans do not deserve what they have. They take advantage of their world, crush it, make it into things it shouldn't be, and alter it to suit their needs, regardless of the needs of other life forms on the planet. To man, everything is enferior.

But of course, that's just my opinion, and there is nothing i can do to change it wether it's true or not, so i'm content to wait out the days until something, however miraculous, changes the world.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 pm
I'm Wiccan.  

ThisPersonDoesntExist

Samiesha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:54 am
I just think that all religions worship the same God and that there's no right or wrong place to pray if you feel you want to. I also believe in reincarnation. I also believe in things like ghosts and ESP, although I don't believe myself to have any 'powers', but I do believe my house has spirits pass through (because I have seen and heard things, but only one person ever died here and it was a natural death).  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:23 pm
I'm Catholic-Christian and I'm damn proud. But I am open to most religions such as: Buddhism, Islam, Wicca, Pagan, etc.

Throughout my life, sometimes I would question the existence of a God. I hadn't seen anything that had changed my life yet. But, I knew with no doubt that God was alive when something miraculous happened to me. A few months ago or so, my grandmother had a stroke. I was so afraid that I was going to lose her, after all the time that she had battled diabetes and heart attacks. But, she recovered. It was progressively, but miraculous at the same time. The doctor even said it was a miracle. If that's not convincing, I don't know what is. However, I will not judge anyone's religion. I do believe in karma, spirits and ESP, and the earth being a power on its own. Atheism and Satanism does tend to bother me though. Atheists I just don't understand. I don't want to sound rude, but how can you not believe that something is bigger than you? Bigger than us? Yes, our world has tragedies, but seeing is only sometimes believing. If God(or whoever you worship)fixed every little mistake me made, we would never learn from them. We would keep having Civil Wars, or there would be countless more World Wars, instead of two. And Satanism. Like I said, I don't want to sound rude, but how can you believe in evil? The world is supposed to have a balance of good and evil, and they keep each other in check. Maybe it's just my Christian instincts, but worshipping the man who opposes God in all ways and creates chaos in this world just doesn't click in my head. And yes, Christian-Catholic is a real religion. And it's the most amazing thing about my life.  

X_The_Curtain_Call_X

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:11 pm
I'm a catholic with buddhist beliefs 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:49 am
I am a nihilist. I do not believe in anything that requires faith.  

Genetic Disorder

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

HeavenlyCharms

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:52 pm
I'm a muslim. I believe in god, after life, hell, heaven and everything that comes with Islam. It's a wonderful religion and I feel proud to say that I'm muslim. I don't understand how people can not believe in god, it just doesn't make sense to me. How can you not believe that there is one god that made this world for us to live in? How can you not believe there is an after-life? For me, it's impossible not to believe in god, I think my religion has made me who I am. I mean, I wear the scarf on my head and I see how people look at me like 'What the hell is on your head?' and I guess it makes me a little uncomfortable but not at all ashamed. (:

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff