Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
What are your opinions on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:29 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
That was awesome, Pidgezero. Unfortunately, I doubt that people (or the majority of them) will take the time to read it all... - _ - ;

Most pro-lifers from what I've seen tend not to be very intelligent. They ignore science.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:45 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Lieutenant Shotgun
That was awesome, Pidgezero. Unfortunately, I doubt that people (or the majority of them) will take the time to read it all... - _ - ;

Most pro-lifers from what I've seen tend not to be very intelligent. They ignore science.

There are a lot of stupid pro-lifers. There are also a lot of really stupid pro-choicers. It causes problems for both sides.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 am
Zephyrkitty
I am your Mord Sith
Lieutenant Shotgun

There are a lot of stupid pro-lifers. There are also a lot of really stupid pro-choicers. It causes problems for both sides.

Indeed.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:23 pm
Ok I am completely redueing my post because I have been enlightened and have a better way of saying things now. First off I'd like to say that I am a Christian and Kyra I concider you a friend so for you to blantantly attack Christianity like that really hurt. People that scream "abortion is wrong your going to hell" make real Christians look bad. They need to read the bible a little bit more and really study the Gospels. Also I am more Pro-choice than pro-life.

I myself would only get an abortion if I was going to die, the baby would live for a very short period of time in pain and agony, or I was raped. If in 16+ years (I would hope he's still a virgin by then) my son got his GF pregnant I would rather adopt the baby myself than have my grandkid aborted. Same goes for any future daughters getting pregnant. I would not force to keep it or go through with the pregnancy but I would encourage her to let me keep it because I want all my grandbabies but if she doesn't want to go through the pregnancy then its its her choice.

I think women should be informed of all their options before making a choice. Adoption doesn't mean social services and foster care and abuse. You can do a private adoption where you get to know the adoptive parents well and come to trust them. You can also do an open adoption where you can get updates on your child and some cases see it. I even know one girl that got to be her son's nanny on the condition that she not tell him the truth. The father and grandparents might want to keep the baby as well and in that case they should be allowed to.

I do not think it is right to get an abortion because they had unprotected sex and weren't ready for kids. If you don't want kids go to the store, spend ten bucks, and get some condoms. If you are going to be sexually active (not just sex here and there but on a regular basis) and you can you should go on some form of birth control. I understand sex is an essential part of a healthy marriage like relationship (long term, living together, committed) and not every couple wants kids. If BC fails and both the father and mother don't want the baby and neither do any aunts, uncles, or grandparents, and adoption is not an option then get an abortion.

I think abortion should be available for anyone and should be done by a doctor in a doctors office. So ya that's about it. It is your choice...oh and I feel that my son was very much alive at the 10 wk sono so I'm not sure at point life begins, in most cases its before you find out so I'm not going to argue the "murder" aspect.  

whatagirlwants

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:32 am
0obunnny0o
Ozraptor
So yes. What are your true opinions?

I am neutral about this matter, i don't disapprove of it. Here are some reasons I would find appropriate to have a abortion:

1. Birth control fails. It's rare, but it does happen.
2. Rape. Who would want a child, knowing that it was created by a stranger that raped you?
3. Uneducation about sex. Some people are plain uneducated.
4. You are not able to love/support/commit to a baby. Such as a teenage mother, i know some can, but some cant.
5. The condom breaks. Its unlikely, but possible.

Those are all the reasons i can come up with. Please tell me your opinions!

I don’t think it’s good here is why...
1. Birth control fails. It's rare, but it does happen./// if you don’t want a baby don’t have sex

2. Rape. Who would want a child, knowing that it was created by a okay that i think is okay

3. Uneducation about sex. Some people are plain uneducated./// if they don’t know about it they won’t do it.
4. You are not able to love/support/commit to a baby. Such as a teenage/// they should not have done it and they should still have it just put it up for adoption

5. The condom breaks. Its unlikely, but possible.
they should not have had sex unless there married and if they are married why does it madder if they have a baby or not?

so i think its bad to do that just because they were not responsible doesn’t mean that a baby should die../

I'm married and I don't want a baby right now. I already have a handful and everyone tells me he's easy. Not saying I would get an abortion if my IUD failed (not sure it can unless it falls out and my husband can feel it). But your argument is totally flawed. Guess what some people are sexually active and don't want babies and many of them are married I know big shocker. Some people want to enjoy their spouse before having kids. Others only want so many. Oh and before you say stop having sex. Sex is crucial in a healthy marriage. Also another big surprise tons of people have sex out of wedlock and are happy that way. Don't impose your religious beliefs on the world...And yes I'm a Christian but people like you make us look like nut jobs. I didn't wait and I'm glad I didn't because I have my son and he is the world to me. And I don't want to be a baby factory my whole like...not everyone in fact most everyone is not Michelle Duggar.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:34 pm
The Fatal Destiny
As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me.

I don't agree with abortion... there is one where I haven't really decided, but I'll get back to that.

As far as the condom fails, you were raped, incest... why should an innocent child pay the price for your mistake and/or unfortunate incident? It wasn't their fault the condom broke or you were raped or you just flat out chose to be stupid, so they shouldn't have to pay the consequences with their life. I think of it this way: Am I glad my parents were pro-life? Yes. (I was a mistake child, just FYI.)

The instance where I don't quite know how I stand on it is if the mother's and/or baby's life is in danger.

You're the darkest burning star; You're my perfect disease.

What if the woman who was raped is suicidal?  

whatagirlwants

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:58 pm
I am your Mord Sith
I see nothing wrong with it personally. Sure I practice safe sex but if I end up getting pregnant before I wanted to I'm going to have some one falcon punch the s**t out of my stomach so hard that the fetus will sail out of my vag like a torpedo.
Yes, call me a murderer. Call me a monster. I'd rather my unborn child be dead than having to be brought into a world where its not wanted and adoption is out of the question.

What if your not ready but you could be in 9 months? This is really the only pro- choice argument I have a problem with. A lot can happen in 9 months and you change a lot when pregnant. I was not ready at the time I conceived froggy. I wanted an abortion but hubby said no, that even if I don't want and don't want to put it up for adoption he would keep it even if it meant losing me. I'm glad I respected his wish. Which brings me to my next point. Where are the fathers in all this? I think men should have a say in what happens to their children, less of one than the mother but some say. Now if the father wants nothing do with the child and is saying stuff like "get an abortion or I'll leave you" his voice is null and void because he is basically forfeiting his rights as a father. But if the mother doesn't want the child but the father does I think she should give the child a chance at like and let the father keep it. Just because she's not ready doesn't mean he isn't. The pregnancy itself does no harm to your life unless it is at a risk to your health. after you have the baby you can hand it over and move on with your life while the father of your child gets to experience the joys of fatherhood.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:16 pm
froggymama89
I am your Mord Sith
I see nothing wrong with it personally. Sure I practice safe sex but if I end up getting pregnant before I wanted to I'm going to have some one falcon punch the s**t out of my stomach so hard that the fetus will sail out of my vag like a torpedo.
Yes, call me a murderer. Call me a monster. I'd rather my unborn child be dead than having to be brought into a world where its not wanted and adoption is out of the question.

What if your not ready but you could be in 9 months? This is really the only pro- choice argument I have a problem with. A lot can happen in 9 months and you change a lot when pregnant. I was not ready at the time I conceived froggy. I wanted an abortion but hubby said no, that even if I don't want and don't want to put it up for adoption he would keep it even if it meant losing me. I'm glad I respected his wish. Which brings me to my next point. Where are the fathers in all this? I think men should have a say in what happens to their children, less of one than the mother but some say. Now if the father wants nothing do with the child and is saying stuff like "get an abortion or I'll leave you" his voice is null and void because he is basically forfeiting his rights as a father. But if the mother doesn't want the child but the father does I think she should give the child a chance at like and let the father keep it. Just because she's not ready doesn't mean he isn't. The pregnancy itself does no harm to your life unless it is at a risk to your health. after you have the baby you can hand it over and move on with your life while the father of your child gets to experience the joys of fatherhood.

I don't care, its my choice. My man and I have talked about this and we both don't want a kid. So, if I get pregnant, I'm aborting it. I don't want kids, I hate them. As if right now, we both don't have the money to support a child. I'm no where mentally mature enough to tend to a child's needs. I've got to much going for me right now to be ******** everything up by getting pregnant. I don't want to give it up for adoption either because I don't want to put my body through all that over a kid that I have no intention on keeping. Not to mention my whole family will shun me. My opinion on this is very crystal clear and set in stone. There's no chance in hell that it will ever change. So many have tried to change my opinion and everyone of them has failed.  

Matron Mord Sith

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:25 pm
jiarrah
I'm against it 100% in every single case.

You say something really self-contradictory when you write, "I see it as okay if you or the babies life is in danger." Um, the abortion ENDS the baby's life, so I don't see how abortion is a good thing if the baby's life is in danger. Hmm, dying naturally or being torn apart bit by bit? Thanks, I'd take natural and so would any baby.

The child's life is equal to the mother's life. Sometimes all efforts have been exhausted and only one of them can be saved, and in that case nature must take its course. We don't have control over everything. It is NEVER okay to destroy one person to save another person. That makes no sense because we are equal. It's one thing to let someone die in a burning building because you can't save them, but it's another thing to set the fire. We can never play God with someone's life. Aborting a child to save the mother makes no sense. When it comes to that, we can only stand back and let nature take its course and do our best to save BOTH. It makes me really angry when people put the mother's life above the child's life. Don't people realize that every mother started out as an unborn child?? They are equal. The child is not greater than the mother and the mother is not greater than the child. One is an adult and one is a child, but that does not make one more deserving of life than another. And as for me, I'd rather die any kind of death than kill my own baby.

I agree with you in everything else you say, apart from the above. Abortion is murder, pure and simple, the murder of an innocent, brand new life. It destroys the child's body, but even more importantly, it prohibits that new person from entering the world and fulfilling his or her unique purpose in life. It's like murdering a plan of God altogether.

You do realize that if the mother dies so will the baby. In that case it is better to save one of them and not let both die. I had a friend who had 2 abortions both of which were tubal. The baby would've died either way and there was a less than 10% chance of her living if she went through with it. Would you condemn her to death? She finally had a successful pregnancy and now has a beautiful baby girl.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:38 pm
Akarui Mizu
I'm completely against abortion but sometimes it is necessary. if a girl is under 18 or 17 and pregnant, she should consider getting an abortion, teens aren't ready to be parents yet and never can until they learn to take responsibility for what they do or are involved in. however if you are 18 you shouldn't even consider abortion. It is your fault you did what you did so( i hate to sound like a b***h but...) suck it up and take responsibility for what you did. it doesn't matter if you didn't want to get pregnant, you did. People always think" oh I don't need protection. It won't happen to me" YES IT WILL. It happens to everyone. It might be hard but you can get through, even if you need to ask for help from friends and family. But an adult should never consider killing an unborn infant because they don't want it. If you didn't want a baby then you should've used protection
I don't think that adoption can be considered as an option either. Think about it, a woman/ teen gets pregnant with a child and they don't want to keep it, but also don't want to kill it, they'll send it to a foster home or something right? But when that little baby grows up, they'll be thinking their whole lives "i'm not wanted in this wold. After all my mom didn't want me"
That's a scar you'll leave on a child their entire life. They'll be wondering why their birth mother didn't keep them, why they sent them away to live somewhere else.
I know that some do this because they couldn't afford to keep them or because they felt that they weren't ready to care for them, but it still hurts that child no matter what they're told. They will still think they are unwanted and that could damage that child's confidence. It might even make them suicidal. I know kids who are adopted and one of them used to be depressed cuz he never knew his mom and he was suicidal because kids would always tease him about being adopted.
just remember that this is just how i feel about these things. i don't expect anyone to agree with me

OK I have 3 cousins who are adopted and if its done right it does not result that way. If a woman wants to give her child up for adoption she needs to go through an agency and do a private adoption. If you find the parents before you ever give birth and there are tons then the child will not go into foster care and bounce from home to home. Then if the adoptive parents raise their kids with just as much love as they would biological kids they wouldn't feel unloved or unwanted. My cousins don't even care about their birth moms because they know who their real family is. Also an unwanted child is an unwanted child. If the parent keeps the kid then there is a large chance the child is going to know they are unwanted. I was unwanted and I know I was neglected and watched my sister get showered with love. All my physical needs were met but thats all. I would have much rather been adopted by a family that wanted me so much they sought me out.  

whatagirlwants

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:50 pm
to all the people who keep talking about the overrun foster care system...
ITS THE OLDER KIDS THAT THE SYSTEM IS OVERRUN WITH NOT BABIES!
It aggravates me when people say oh not adoption the system is overrun because these people are not looking at the details. Babies get adopted quickly most before they are ever born. Even faster if it's a private adoption and not one done through social services or CPS. Everyone wants babies the list for babies is years long. In some states its over a decade. But there are tons of kids that need homes. I personally think these people need to get over their baby mania and take some of the older kids. Anyways adoption is an alternative to abortion because babies go like hot cakes. /rant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 pm
finalfantasyfreak1O1
I know im probally going to get yelled at but why would u want to murrder a child.
YES!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING A CHILD!!!!!!!
If you dont want to get pregnant dont do it.
The smart thing to do is wait till your married anyway.
Its not like u need to get into bed with somone to tell if u want to spend the rest of your life with them anyway.
Also i understand that you might be uneasy about having some stranger's kid, but it doesent mean u have to kill the innocent baby for it.
Its not their fault.
Im emmbarassed of my mom being 16 and my dad being 25(he left shortlly after i was born and never came back) but i cant change it and now im blamed for her not going to college.
Dont kill a baby because u dont want it give it up for adoption.
Its that simple!

not all married women want kids. And not all mothers want more kids. I would rather abort my 4th child than have more kids than I planned on having and ending up like my parents. Also sex is a healthy part of marriage...actually any relationship like a marriage because I'm assuming your talking about legally married but my husband and I were married spiritually before we ever had a wedding. Also the only people I see arguing against abortion in cases of rape have never been raped. I'll let you in on a little secret. It's traumatic and everything that reminds you of it is retraumatizing so ya 9 months of that kind of stress can kill someone or drive them to suicide. If I was raped I'd abort end of question no way I could live with and no way I could force my husband to support me and watch as this thing some animal created grows inside of me.  

whatagirlwants

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:54 pm
finalfantasyfreak1O1
Rei Uchikino
finalfantasyfreak1O1
I know im probally going to get yelled at but why would u want to murrder a child.
YES!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING A CHILD!!!!!!!
If you dont want to get pregnant dont do it.
The smart thing to do is wait till your married anyway.
Its not like u need to get into bed with somone to tell if u want to spend the rest of your life with them anyway.
Also i understand that you might be uneasy about having some stranger's kid, but it doesent mean u have to kill the innocent baby for it.
Its not their fault.
Im emmbarassed of my mom being 16 and my dad being 25(he left shortlly after i was born and never came back) but i cant change it and now im blamed for her not going to college.
Dont kill a baby because u dont want it give it up for adoption.
Its that simple!

Most clinics won't abort after the first trimester. The embryo doesn't grow that much during those first three months. It doesn't look like a human, and it doesn't even have the intelligence of a human infant. Disposing of an embryo is no different than exterminating larvae. An embryo is not the equivalent of a child, therefore you are not killing a child.

And also, rape victims feel much more than uneasy at the thought of keeping an unwanted child. And no, adoption is not a good alternative, either. Even if the child is a product of rape, you have no bloody idea the guilt women feel for giving up there own flesh and blood. You'd have to be a heartless fool not to feel the tiniest shred of guilt. The fact that you think any of this is so simple shows how little maternal instincts you really have.

And not every woman wants to screw up their body for a kid that they're not even going to keep. If I'm going to ******** up my body having a kid, I'm sure as hell going to keep the little b*****d. Until then, should I ever get pregnant, I'm going abort the little bean shaped leech as many times as I need to.

How could you say if you got pregnant you would kill your own child.
If you could acctually be ok with killing your kid and treatting them like a nusance just shows how little maternal instincs u have.
I would rather know that my child would have a chance to live than kill it when i dont know what kind of person the child could be.
Having a child wont mess up your body either if you have enouph brains to know what a gym is.
No matter what stage of pregnancey your at it still is a human and has a soul.
Also that retarded idea that if a child's mother was a rape victim that its going to be unwanted is not true.
How do u know that everyone wont want the kid.
I would take any kid in a heart beat that has a monster of a mother to think that thier child is unwanted by everyone because they were raped.

you don't have children do you? Yes your body does change. Your boobs become outrageously huge and tender then after you quit nursing (or if you never did) They deflate and move south. Also the skin on your belly takes years if ever to back to normal. I look fatter than I am from extra skin. Also your hips spread during pregnancy and birth. You pack on fat on your butt and thighs expressly for breastfeeding. If you don't breastfeed it is very difficult to get rid of. I workout every chance I get and I have only lost 20 lb in 10 months.And then theirs the fact your v****a stretches, though there is little difference. And most women end up with scars either on their abdomen or v****a and the scar on the v****a is sensitive for quite some time.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:19 pm
Angel9547
I believe that it is that person's decision. Also, if they are christain, and are worried about religious matters, i believe it is in the bible that a child that is not old enough to understand the ways of God, they will be forgiven automatically... or something like that stressed [P.S. im athiest, but i used to be into christianity.]

you are right. I don't remember where exactly but I think one of the deciples asked Jesus about what if a child dies and is not old enough to believe and he says that those who cannot understand or whatever will go to heaven. I also believe those with a child's mind will go to. When I get to heaven one of the first things I'm going to do meet the baby I lost  

whatagirlwants

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:49 pm
I am your Mord Sith
froggymama89
I am your Mord Sith

I don't care, its my choice. My man and I have talked about this and we both don't want a kid. So, if I get pregnant, I'm aborting it. I don't want kids, I hate them. As if right now, we both don't have the money to support a child. I'm no where mentally mature enough to tend to a child's needs. I've got to much going for me right now to be ******** everything up by getting pregnant. I don't want to give it up for adoption either because I don't want to put my body through all that over a kid that I have no intention on keeping. Not to mention my whole family will shun me. My opinion on this is very crystal clear and set in stone. There's no chance in hell that it will ever change. So many have tried to change my opinion and everyone of them has failed.

This is completely valid. My hubby and I are technically not financially able to have a child but we have no choice and i wouldn't change my mind. but I suppose if we knew hubby was going to lose his job a couple of months after froggy was born and didn't know the fulfillment he'd bring we wouldn't have kept him. Not aborted him because my husband only supports abortion in cases of the mother's life at risk and rape. He didn't support it for rape before he met though so I'm working on him.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff