Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Gay Marriage. Nay or Yay? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

V2Mew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:25 pm
yay, would you want someone not allowing you to be with someone you love?
LOVE IS BLIND TO GENDER  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:37 pm
jesusgirl115

I agree with you on the point that God has given us freedom of choice. But we know from reading the Bible that gay marriage is not okay with God. At all.
Maybe what the government is doing is for our good? Maybe they are removing the temptation of being homosexual by making it illegal?

Whatever the reason we can except it as God's will and pray that He will work in our leader's lives...

I also think that it is up to you personally to interpret theses passages as they apply to your life. You should be praying and seeking God with your own heart. Ask Him. Just ask. Say 'Lord, I am so confused about this issue. I don't know what to believe. Guide and direct my heart Lord, God. Show me what is right and honoring to you.'

God is here. He is right here with you. Pray. Take the time to pray and listen for God's answer...trust Him. He loves you and would like nothing more then you sitting down and talking to Him. He will show you. Whether it is a small whisper or a drastic change in the government...

Commandment one is broken by so many people across the country, should we start imposing punishments on them for that because it is 'for their own good'? We should know as Christians that no sin is better/worse than the others and that it is not up to us to 'save others'. They have that power for themselves, and we are certainly not convincing them by going totalitarian on their lifestyle.

I can see no reason to give the government (an entity apart from religion) the power to legislate based off religious beliefs. Actually, it is unconstitutional for them to do so.  

MadamoiselleMorganne

BarnOwl6-5

Unbeatable Pirate

9,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:24 pm
MadamoiselleMorganne
jesusgirl115

I agree with you on the point that God has given us freedom of choice. But we know from reading the Bible that gay marriage is not okay with God. At all.
Maybe what the government is doing is for our good? Maybe they are removing the temptation of being homosexual by making it illegal?

Whatever the reason we can except it as God's will and pray that He will work in our leader's lives...

I also think that it is up to you personally to interpret theses passages as they apply to your life. You should be praying and seeking God with your own heart. Ask Him. Just ask. Say 'Lord, I am so confused about this issue. I don't know what to believe. Guide and direct my heart Lord, God. Show me what is right and honoring to you.'

God is here. He is right here with you. Pray. Take the time to pray and listen for God's answer...trust Him. He loves you and would like nothing more then you sitting down and talking to Him. He will show you. Whether it is a small whisper or a drastic change in the government...

Commandment one is broken by so many people across the country, should we start imposing punishments on them for that because it is 'for their own good'? We should know as Christians that no sin is better/worse than the others and that it is not up to us to 'save others'. They have that power for themselves, and we are certainly not convincing them by going totalitarian on their lifestyle.

I can see no reason to give the government (an entity apart from religion) the power to legislate based off religious beliefs. Actually, it is unconstitutional for them to do so.

Thank you! We came to America for religious freedom and this whole "God says that gay marriage is not right and therefor illegal" is a violation of all that we stand for. And besides, you don't decide who you fall in love with. I am an athiest and I hate people telling me all of this God crap.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:26 pm
MadamoiselleMorganne
B-b-b-b-b-but gay marriage will break down the moral fibers of our society! gonk

Then we remember that we left England to figure out our own morals, and allow everyone to be free.

Gay marriage should not even be an issue that the government is looking at. What we need to do is tell the government that we do not want them to recognize any marriage, period. It should not be for the government to decide if people can get married or not. Let's make marriage about a promise being made between three beings: spouse, spouse, creator. I see no room for government in that group; I see no place for government in the personal lives of people. Marriage has become this disgusting game that people play to gain benefits from the government rather than making a genuine promise to love someone for the rest of their life. We can change that, but not by allowing government to divide us with a power it should not have.

And a big amen to that! THANK YOU! mrgreen  

BarnOwl6-5

Unbeatable Pirate

9,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:30 pm
if it is real love. no one can touch love.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:54 pm
BarnOwl6-5
MadamoiselleMorganne
jesusgirl115

Thank you! We came to America for religious freedom and this whole "God says that gay marriage is not right and therefor illegal" is a violation of all that we stand for. And besides, you don't decide who you fall in love with. I am an athiest and I hate people telling me all of this God crap.

I agree with both of you.
In America we all have religious freedom and freedom of choice.

Madamoiselle- What I meant by what I said is that if you are against gay marriage then why are you throwing a fit about it becoming illegal?! I'm just saying that if you think homosexuality is a bad thing then instead of being upset about the government taking it away, and making it into a huge deal about how their 'taking over my life and my freedom and they shouldn't be able to do this and that' think of the positive side...

BarnOwl- I never said that our government was swayed by their religion. I can tell you right now that not everyone who let gay marriage become illegal is a Christian.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MadamoiselleMorganne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:49 am
jesusgirl115

Madamoiselle- What I meant by what I said is that if you are against gay marriage then why are you throwing a fit about it becoming illegal?! I'm just saying that if you think homosexuality is a bad thing then instead of being upset about the government taking it away, and making it into a huge deal about how their 'taking over my life and my freedom and they shouldn't be able to do this and that' think of the positive side...

If anyone asks my personal opinion I am going to say it's a sin, because I believe that. However, this is a state issue, and I do believe that this is a seperation of church and state for a reason. I do not want the federal government to decide that because someone finds a way of life immoral that it should be disallowed. The only reason we have laws about murder and such is because it hurts other citizens, gay marriage does not. I do not want others to dictate my life based on their beliefs, therefore I am not going to try to dictate the lives of others based on my beliefs.

My issue is not that it is illegal. My issue is that the government should recognize no marriage. That would solve all of our problems. If government doesn't recognize marriage then nobody has a reason to argue about the legality. Let the churches decide what they will condone, let the people decide what they want to label their relationships, not the federal government.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:05 am
Everyone has the right to happiness but if a church doesnt want to marry you with another man then I think they should find another church so as to not violate another persons rights.  

Crystalized Cherri

Sparkly Gekko

14,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200

RyuShikyo Yagari

Blessed Giver

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:54 pm
I'm not quite sure to be honest.
Morally speaking I say "love the sinner hate the sin" often though people shoot that own and say it's not possible, when it indeed IS. You don't have to love everything the person does in order to love the person.

I don't support it, nor to do I despise the idea. I'm just "neutral" to its existence. If it is meant to be everything will work out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 pm
I strongly believe that homosexual marriage should be allowed.

The main reason that people don't support gay marriage is because it "goes against the Bible." However, there should be separation between church and state. Politicians should not be allowed to outlaw things, such as gay marriage, based solely on their religious beliefs. Not everybody follows the Bible. Also, strong Christians believe that is is a choice to be homosexual. That's actually wrong. Homosexuality is caused by an unbalance in hormones. Our sexual orientation is decided while we are still in our mother's womb. It is not our choice.
Even if you don't support gay marriage, or don't like gays, you should still be aware that it is not their choice to be gay. If it was a choice, I don't think that there would be any gays, considering how they are treated.

Secondly, homosexuals are people, too, even though some don't treat them as such. They are living, breathing human beings, and they deserve to be treated like everybody else. Sure, homosexuality isn't as common as heterosexuality. However, like heterosexuals, homosexuals should be allowed the right to wed with whom they wish. Think about it. It's morally wrong not to let gays wed. In fact, it's intruding with a right of which our founding fathers dubbed "inalienable." This right is the pursuit of happiness. Everybody should be able to get married, regardless of sexual orientation.

If somebody truly loves the person whom they are about to marry, then they should be able to marry.

reshi xx

Tipsy Capitalist

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:57 pm
Honestly, I don't see why I should have a decision on something that doesn't effect me at all. Being straight, at least to the best of my knowledge anyway (lol), I would be upset if I didn't have the option to marry my bf in the future if I wanted to do so. It has nothing to do with whether or not we believe in a certain religion, it's about the fact that marriage is a legally binding contract that we would mutually be agreeing to sign saying that we want to actually be associated with that person in some way forever. The only part of marriage that has anything to do with religion is the actual ceremony, and that doesn't even have to be done in a church.. or at all, for that matter.
I have never understood the religious argument anyway, considering people of every other religion (or lack there of) have the ability to marry one another but people of the christian religion don't have the option to do so because of what's in their pants. neutral
Moral debates really have no place in government, politics, or the homes/bedrooms of people that you don't know.

That being said, personally, I don't care one way or the other on the matter because it doesn't effect me. I just know that I would be upset if I was the one being discriminated against and treated unfairly. My religious and moral beliefs are not those of everyone else and they shouldn't be forced to abide by them to make me (or anyone else) happy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 pm
Dancehall Hysteria
I support it. Frankly, I think this shouldn't even be up for debate, and that it should have been legalized already. Plus, marriage in this day and age needs to have a contract- you can have a religious ceremony and all that, but you still need to have a contract. The religious arguments are pretty much idiotic (sorry to anyone religious out there, but they don't mean anything to me on this subject.) about this topic.

And completely off-topic, but before Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and all the others came about, homosexuality was something that really wasn't something seen as bad in a lot of places around the world. For example, in ancient Peru, it was totally accepted. More or less in ancient Rome- it's a bit complicated. :/

This! Love is love no matter what your gender. No one should be barred from being committed to someone they love.  

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 pm
Well, personally, I don't see why two people who love each other shouldn't be allowed to marry if they are the same gender.

Love is blind to gender, you dont chose who you fall in love with, it just happens. I think it's wrong for people to make it illegal.

If two people love eachother, they should be allowed to marry.

emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:12 pm
Well, personally, I don't see why two people who love each other shouldn't be allowed to marry if they are the same gender.

Love is blind to gender, you dont chose who you fall in love with, it just happens. I think it's wrong for people to make it illegal.

If two people love eachother, they should be allowed to marry.

emotion_bigheart

M i n i R e d S t a r s

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas