Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:23 am
I still say it sucks that I'm gonna have to do male binding for mi NiGHTS cosplay >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:48 am
K master of flames
Suxs what u girls have 2 go though 2 cosplay some of the characters. But hey at least if u doing a P***Bear cosplay u don't have 2 wear a cup.

Hahaha. XD Oh the things we are forced to do for the sake of cosplay. XD  

B10ndevamp

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:28 pm
Oh I just thought of another one. People who aren't into anime but go to a con because thier friends/family/lover is/are going.

Now I don't mind the people who are open-minded or even indifferent to it, it's the ones who go around LOUDLY complaining about and critizing every little thing. If you hate it so much, then why did you come; better yet why did you spend money to be here?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:24 pm
B10ndevamp
K master of flames
Suxs what u girls have 2 go though 2 cosplay some of the characters. But hey at least if u doing a P***Bear cosplay u don't have 2 wear a cup.

Hahaha. XD Oh the things we are forced to do for the sake of cosplay. XD
Yeah and I say that because I know a ***** that told me he has 2 wear a cup.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:27 pm
Tsuki Nushi
Oh I just thought of another one. People who aren't into anime but go to a con because thier friends/family/lover is/are going.

Now I don't mind the people who are open-minded or even indifferent to it, it's the ones who go around LOUDLY complaining about and critizing every little thing. If you hate it so much, then why did you come; better yet why did you spend money to be here?
Well not only that but there are also some who go just 2 pick up on ppl they saw there. I guy talked 2 me and my friend when we were going 2 buy some energy drinks (during the night) he said stuff like what are u guys dressed 4? and do girls dress up like the cute characters? and how do I register? (I think he was drunk when we spoke 2 him. The next night we saw him with a badge and in line 4 the rave/dance whatever u guys want 2 call it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:23 pm
I hate people who make fun of the cosplayers.
A good example would be my friend's dad, he bothers us about how we cosplay and how retarted/stupid we look. It's very rude, and especially when people worked hard to make their cosplays.

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

B10ndevamp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:22 am
Tsuki Nushi

Oh that annoys me a lot too. Like when people go solely to bad mouth other people. Why would you waste your money to go if you really don't like it? I don't get that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:00 pm
B10ndevamp
Tsuki Nushi

Oh that annoys me a lot too. Like when people go solely to bad mouth other people. Why would you waste your money to go if you really don't like it? I don't get that.
Maybe because there stupid and have nothing better 2 do because they are no lifes  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

B10ndevamp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 pm
K master of flames
B10ndevamp
Tsuki Nushi

Maybe because there stupid and have nothing better 2 do because they are no lifes

I suppose. Personally i find that really stupid and pointless. Save your money for better things that you actually LIKE. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:08 pm
Subject above me is sort of linked to my complaint.

People who go to cons and don't do squat. If you're going to pay $40-$70 to go to a con, you could be a little more productive. Go to a few panels, events, etc.

I can't stand it when I see people sitting along the sides all day. I can understand stopping and resting for a little bit or just for a chat. But at one con, I stared at this group of EGL girls sit around all day. They never moved!

Then there's the people who go to the con, first thing they do is go to the dealers room, buy a s**t ton of stuff, then go to their hotel rooms and hermit the rest of the weekend while they geek over their new stuff. You paid $40+ to rush through a dealers room? ._.

Then there are those who go to a con, do nothing all day, go to hotel rooms, get drunk, then go to the dances. Who wants a hangover at a con??? Even more so, a drunk guy trying to dance with them? And how much creativity do you have to lack to have to get drunk to have fun at a con?

Unrelated to that....

The game rooms D: they smell sooooooooooooooo bad. They smell like burning plastic, metal, cologne and BO. Not to mention, they get hot with all of the dudes filling the room and all of the electronics running.  

Wee Little

kaigin arugai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:04 pm
SakuraRico
When the cosplay contest is done by volunteers and the only pick their friends to win. Not a single other person.

The people that think it's alright to do yaoi/yuri with every person their own gender in the con. Aged Adults are there, and they may not think the same free way we do.

When people's hormones get way out of their control.

The ***** who think are doing the best cosplay ever and in reality are just doing the same thing for like the fifth time.

Those who cosplay just to win.

Those who don't credit the makers of their cosplay.

I could keep going... <.<

well some ppl dont kno who to give credit to, as for me, i got mine from a dealer online, and i dont know the persons real name so i cant credit them  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:09 pm
B10ndevamp
K master of flames
B10ndevamp
Tsuki Nushi

I suppose. Personally i find that really stupid and pointless. Save your money for better things that you actually LIKE. XD

theres ppl like that everywhere, hell i got critisized for liking anime on here, why are you on a technically anime based social site if you dont like anime  

kaigin arugai

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:04 pm
Battle Mistress Beatrix

Then there's the people who go to the con, first thing they do is go to the dealers room, buy a s**t ton of stuff, then go to their hotel rooms and hermit the rest of the weekend while they geek over their new stuff. You paid $40+ to rush through a dealers room? ._.

Oh gods I hate those people too. I was stuck with a bunch of them at AX 08. They got up at like 10 every day and wanted to leave as soon as the dealer hall closed. I missed half of the good events because of these people.

But yeah, the people who come to just hang out, play games, shop, dance, or get drunk, why bother? Why spend like $50 just to do stuff you could do outside the con? I mean these people worked hard to bring you good panels, events, and guests and you insult them by not doing any of them? WTF?

And I've been on staff at a con, we work friggen hard for you guys. Do you know how many sleepless nights, bulls***, and stress we have? And we do it just because we love the con and want you to have a good time.

My department had to try to work around a director who was blatently trying to sabotage us by ignoring us, giving away or budget and equpment, saddling us with the broken equipment and left over volunteers, sticking our sign-up table in the least traveled area of the con, taking our info off the website the day before, and having another department spread mis-information about our events.

So in short, go to the friggen events when you go to a con.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm
kaigin arugai
B10ndevamp
K master of flames
B10ndevamp
Tsuki Nushi

theres ppl like that everywhere, hell i got critisized for liking anime on here, why are you on a technically anime based social site if you dont like anime

As sad as that is, it's true. And i totally agree with you. I think some people are just jerks and enjoy making fun of people to get their sick kicks. All i can say about that is that at least we are having fun.  

B10ndevamp

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces