Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mystery Guild of Randomness

Back to Guilds

Life is Random, so are we! 

Tags: Random, Occasional Contests, Games, Role-playing, Questions 

Reply ❖ RP [Role Playing] - Prefer to roleplay? Join, or start your own, here.
You know you can RP when/if... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Substitute Hero

Tipsy Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:23 pm
Ya-haa!

Substitute Hero's list of requirments to being a good roleplayer!

1) Post the score you get when you take the test I link to in my sig. Make sure you use your most commonly used or favorite character. No cheating!

2) Your character uses neither swords nor fire powers, when/if the situation allows it.

3) Your character's name, be it middle, last, or nickname, is not some dark animal, japanese name, or idea (Raven, Takashi, Destiny; respectively).

4) You don't use "parents killed", "grew up on the streets", or other such mary-sueish traits.

There are many more, but in the interest of not offending, I'll just let my rant be for those who want to hear it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:53 am
User Image
Number 25 was my fave... is your character a role model. Let's see: A murderous ringleader, a letcherous shapeshifting thief, or my "robots are taking over the world!" paranoid guy! LOL!
Oh, I got a 17~ I'm:
17-21
"Probably not a Mary-Sue, although a character can go either way at this point. Fanfiction writers should pay attention to ensure that their characters aren't getting too Sue-ish. For an RPG or original fiction character, however, you're probably perfectly fine."
The nameless (yeah, I haven't told anyone his name nor do I have any plans of posting it here, just in case someone from the RP reads this) lecherous shapeshifting theif isn't a Mary Sue!
Keep in mind... I don't do fan-fiction! WHOO! I'm clean! X3

Cactuar Koi

WaterJanders

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:17 pm
Janders thinks:
You can RP when...
When your character is sad in a post, you are too. Etc.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 pm
You know you can rp when you have at least 4 rpg topics in your favourites to allow easy access to each one. (soooo guilty)  

Hawk The Wise

tenihitonoko

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:44 pm
1. You can establish a character by interacting, without the use of non played characters straight off the bat (people you make up in your post just so that you can kill them). You can be big and bad without such pointless displays.

2. People are interested in and actually read your posts, rather than skim over them just to get the idea of where the story is headed.

3. You don't get personally offended by an adverse situation for your character in the RP (and therefore don't do everything in your power to make your character come out on top every time, instead just enjoy the ride)

4. You enjoy putting your characters in embarrassing or compromising situations (Some of the most fun, interesting RPers I've met)

5. Your character is not all about getting with another character to replace and fuel your innate desire for a real relationship. (But doing it for the lulz is A-Ok)

6. You can play an antisocial character without being an antisocial RPer (and then complaining about why no one is interacting with you).  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:55 pm
...If you've given up on playing anti-social characters since nobody interacts with them.
...when you get annoyed that YOU have to start interacting, rather than wait for others to interact with you
...when all your characters have the same name since you can't be bothered to come up with something original every single time  

MAGNUM777

Shameless Citizen

7,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

DlZI

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 am
Hawk The Wise
... when people start calling you by your rp character.

....when people say how sweet you are because of the way your rp character is

...when people ask you what your character is gonna do next

...when someone makes an rp specifically based round one of your characters

...when people request 1 on 1 rps

The first two and last one have happened to me ^_^

All of that has happened to me
:3
Plus i have a fangirl because one of my rp chars. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:18 pm
MarineForceReconSniper
Yes sir! lol xD

NO YOUR NOT BUT THANKS FOR THE STICKY! biggrin

Omg!~ I love your avataaarrr!~ <3  

Joey Berryhooves

XR0ckS_W0rldSX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:03 am
Hai ther!I'm not really that iliterate! But I've never posted here so...Yeah I'm new...
You know your a good RolePlayer when...
You ahve two characters that are related but, are nothing alike.
You can come up with wierd situations that Tie totally random Characters together on the spot.
Or your really good at emprovising and nobody notices!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:41 pm
XR0ckS_W0rldSX

Isn't that what roleplaying is all about? Your character improvising because of what's going on with everyone else?

From the mouth of the one know as Alie Valens:
+ When you're in an rp in which characters can have an enemy and none of the other characters hates yours.  

theStory_Untold

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:23 pm
nefret2011's requirements for a good role player

+ High literacy level
+ Never lurks (as in, have their character do something pointless while waiting for someone else to initiate the action)
+ Can create amazing plotlines, but can also go along with a plotline someone else came up with
+ Doesn't go out of their way to make their character fall in love
+ Can create a villain people genuinely hate
+ Characters and stories are unique and memorable
+ Characters' personality/history on the application are paragraphs long
+ Posts are always at least 4 sentences long
+ Posts include characters thoughts and/or emotions

Yeah, the list is kinda long. Guess I have high expectations.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm
MAGNUM777
...If you've given up on playing anti-social characters since nobody interacts with them.
...when you get annoyed that YOU have to start interacting, rather than wait for others to interact with you
...when all your characters have the same name since you can't be bothered to come up with something original every single time

My anti-social characters are only anti-social because they're busy spying on everyone. ninja

I get very annoyed indeed. Lurking makes for a horrible RP.

I switch between names. Dmytri or Henri for a boy. Anna, Sydelle, or Kadence for a girl. Does that count as the same?  

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

YamiOuji

4,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:32 pm
*Chuckles*
I was bored and read through all the pages here. Sad to say I've been through quite a few of these situations.

-When your teacher thinks you're a really good note taker when you're really replying to a RP.
*Sigh* My poor chemistry teacher, my friend and I would pass the spiral back and forth and simply couldn't stop laughing.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:07 am
theStory_Untold
XR0ckS_W0rldSX

Isn't that what roleplaying is all about? Your character improvising because of what's going on with everyone else?

From the mouth of the one know as Alie Valens:
+ When you're in an rp in which characters can have an enemy and none of the other characters hates yours.

Another one from Alie (who insists on not joining back in until after finals)
+ When you have a character in an rp that's in a few of your other rp's and never get the storylines mixed up.
+ When you have two characters with similar personalities/pasts and still don't mix up their names.  

theStory_Untold

MaydayMars

Golden Capitalist

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:18 am
Oh goodness, it's been so long since I have done any rp-ing. So rusty. XD

You know you can rp when...

- You get a pure adrenaline rush when your character gets into a fight sequence. Sometimes I'm shaking so bad that I can barely type.
-You go to baby name sites to find a perfect name for your character. Just like if it was your child.
-You run into a role player who can't spell for the life of them, and you wish you could edit their posts. BADLY.

❖ RP [Role Playing] - Prefer to roleplay? Join, or start your own, here.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games