Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:09 pm
User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

Miranda shrugged. "I have no idea why she used a child." She admitted. "As for friends...." She began flipping backwards through the journal, skimming the pages quickly. "There's a couple names that might be worth checking out. Cynthia doesn't write much about the funeral. She doesn't seem to like thinking about it."

She sighed and closed the journal. "No, not really." She admitted sadly. "I was hoping to find out a bit more. Why she did this. What the Dark Ones are, really. How to find them. How to stop them. What she did to make them back off. There's so many unanswered questions." She stared at the arm of the chair, tracing a random design on it as she thought. "Any luck with the search?" She asked without looking up.

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:18 pm
Cybil looked back at her computer screen dismissively. "I do," she said, meaning about the child. But she said no more. Whatever she was thinking, it wasn't something she felt like talking about - mostly because it caused an ugly little p***k of anger every time she thought of it.

Still staring at the screen, she added, "If you could write up the names that look promising, I could search them as well, see what I get. Once I'm done with the husband search...if she did get married, looks like she hid those records really well."

She glanced over her shoulder at Miranda and shrugged. "We wouldn't find it in Cynthia's diary anyway, Miranda," she said - almost kindly. "Whatever we need is in that other one, I bet. The one that Mark is seeing. The one I saw when I tried to look into his future. If it's being focused on so much, it must be important."

"What's important?" asked a sleepy, slurred voice from the bed. Mark blinked dreamy dark eyes up at the two of them.

Cybil looked over at him and smiled. There was a bit more colour in his face, and his hands were losing their shakiness. "Nothing, kid," she said offhandedly all the same. He needed to rest. "Go back to sleep. We'll update you in a bit."

Mark yawned. "...'Kay."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 pm
User Image

"I didn't think we would find it, not really. But there's always that little part of a person that hopes, even in the face of a hopeless situation." Miranda said with a shrug. She opened the journal again, skimming through it for the names she wanted. She pulled a piece of paper closer to her and grabbed a pencil, jotting down the names.

She barely glanced at Mark as he woke up. "Nothing to worry about Mark. We're just trying to sort out details. Don't mind us. Just go back to sleep." She told him absently, still searching the journal. Even to her, it was obvious the boy needed his rest. He was looking better but still not good.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:01 am
[ May I ask what time it is at the moment? ]  

XMiichi

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:48 pm
User Image

((Umm.......Sometime mid-afternoon. As a rough guess, about three o'clock. Because Miranda had a half-day of school then hung out at Cybil's for a little bit.))

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:59 pm
((OOC: Yeah, threeish works for me.))

Cybil turned her attention back to Miranda as Mark closed his eyes again. "Yeah, I know. It's okay. We'll find it eventually. If they're showing it to us again and again and again..." She trailed off, staring in a very focused fashion at the computer screen. "And I'm not even really buying this myself, so I don't know why I'm trying to sell it to you. We'll try, but there's no guarantees."

She leaned back a little, still gazing at the screen. "Any names that sound really promising? At the moment, I have to tell you I'm getting nothing. She might have been married, but...I don't suppose Cynthia mentioned anything about that. No mention of a bereaved husband, no grieving over the children Abigail never got to have? Nothing like that?"

Although she assumed that Miranda would have mentioned it if she'd seen such a thing, it was worth asking.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:13 am
User Image

"I didn't see anything about a husband." Miranda said, leaning back in her chair. "It was odd for that time period, but I think Abigail was still unmarried." She closed the journal, tracing the design on the cover.

"As for other names, I would try Mary Firkins first. And Julia Drows. They were both friends of Cynthia's and were at the funeral, so I'm assuming they knew Abigail. Also, both of them had really young children at the time." She said, handing Cybil the paper with the names on it. There were about five names but those two had looked the most promising.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:54 pm
User Image

→ Ʀ ɛ ɴ ▪ L u o ɴ ɠ ↓
the c o l dXt e e n a g e r

□□□□□□□□□□Hoω мαиу мoяз tιмзs ωιll I hαvε тo tяу...

X X X Ren stared out the door, his eyes bored and hazy. He seemed to be lost at thought. Well, that wasn't exactly the case. His mind was rather blank at the moment. He was just bored, and getting tired of his job. Fast.

X X X He took a quick glance at his watch. He still had approximately two hours on the job. That was, unless he was lucky, and his parents decided that they didn't need him at the register anymore.
Judging the amount of customers today so far, that might be the case.

X X X The phone rang out loudly beside him. Ren hated the noise it made, just as he did the bell above the door. Probably because that involved more talking. The noise would sound, and Ren would heve a deep sigh. He pulled the phone off the device on the wall and placed it to his ear.

... βεfoяε му hopεs cαи tяυlу flу αgαιи?□□□□□□□□□□

XMiichi

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:06 pm
Cybil nodded briefly, then mused, "Or maybe he was already dead. It was wartime. Maybe he was there, and died before she did." She shrugged. "Just a thought. It's possible she was unmarried. Probably more likely, actually...I just...I don't know. It doesn't feel right that she didn't have anyone to share this with."

Of course, 'someone' to share it with might not have been a husband. Could have been a friend or a lover, but Cybil didn't seem to have either of those as a top priority.

"Mary Firkins and Julia Drows," she mused. "Drows...now where..." She put down Miranda's sheet of paper and turned to the box that Mark had hauled out the night before. After flipping through the newer pages and going down to the bottom for the old stuff, she murmured, "Huh."

Turning the page - what appeared to be part of a family tree - towards Miranda, she said, "About here," she pointed at an area a few generations above her own name, "on my family lineage I've got one Cecily Porter, née Drows, mother Julia, father Michael. Don't suppose that's a coincidence. Do you?"

She tilted her head, gazing at the family tree. "I wonder if we each had a separate one of her friends, or if more than one of us attaches to the same ancestor somewhere."

The best way to figure that out, she figured, was to Google Mary Firkins - and possibly Julia and Cynthia as well - and see what came up.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:15 pm
User Image

Miranda peered at the lineage Cybil was showing her. "I guess this is just solidifying our theory that the powers are hereditary." She murmured, scanning over the lineage. "Which brings us to your question of how many powers in each lineage."

Sighing, she leaned back in her chair. "What a tangled web we weave." She murmured half of the famous quote, finding it oddly fitting. Taking another sheet of paper, she began randomly drawing. It was a habit of hers. When she was lost in thought, she often drew things she'd "seen". The picture slowly formed under her unfocused gaze, a boy standing at the till of a bakery, looking bored. It was a vision that had hit her while searching her attic but she'd pushed it aside in favor of other, more important, things.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:20 pm
"I've only got one," said Cybil with a shrug. "That I know of, anyway." Then she looked around. "Mark...like I say, I'm sure there's more to him than what we already know about." With a blink as though she'd just thought of something and then a sigh, she pushed back her blonde hair. "Listen, when he wakes up he's going to be wanting something with sugar in it, and I've got nothing in the house. I'm gonna run down to this bakery we have at the end of the street, okay? It'll take me like ten minutes - do you want anything?"

While speaking, she'd hunted up her bag - a little thing in bold red leather. She had her back to Miranda while the other girl was sketching, and thus missed the picture entirely. "The doughnuts are pretty good. I don't usually get too much, but there's three of us now. It's not a real dinner, I know, but I don't really have much in the house. If we're going to make this a usual thing I'm going to have to start shopping more."

Tucking the purse into the pocket of her equally boldly coloured coat, she asked, "Well? Anything you want?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:59 pm
User Image

Miranda looked up, a shiver running down her spine at the words. "Bakery?" She asked, glancing at her drawing. What where the chances? No, it couldn't be. Shaking her head, she dug in the pocket of her jacket, putting the paper on the desk as she pulled out her wallet. "Yeah. Pick me up a cherry danish if they have any, would you?" She said, handing a bit of money to Cybil. "I could do with something sweet myself. I'll keep an eye on Mark while you're out."

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:28 pm
Cybil flashed Miranda a curious look. "Yeah, bakery," she replied. She was tempted to ask what the matter was, but changed her mind at the last second. Really, all she wanted was just to go get something sweet for Mark and Miranda and possibly herself.

She glanced at the sleeping dark-haired boy and paused consideringly. "I'll figure out what he wants," she muttered. "He usually likes those little tartlets. The strawberry ones." She didn't want to wake him up, because then he would have to wait until she got back to satisfy his sugar craving.

He always had one.

Tucking the money Miranda handed her indifferently into a pocket, she replied, "Sure. Be back in a minute." She strode out the door and headed down the street to the bakery.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:27 pm
User Image

Miranda nodded and returned to her drawing. She had sketch the whole place out and was working on the boy at the counter now. He was still indistinct in her vision, as everyone unknown to her was, but he was clearer than most people.

She paused, staring at the paper. That's how it had started with Cybil and Mark too. Just two indistinct figures she saw over and over again though they got clearer with every vision. "I wonder if he will too....." She murmured to herself, shading in the boy's face to give him a ghostly, vague look.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:21 pm
Cybil went into the bakery a little ill at ease. Maybe she should have waited for Mark to wake up. What if he woke shaky and half-raving like he occasionally did? Would Miranda know how to handle it? No, of course not.

She was about to kick herself and turn around when her rational side kicked in. He hadn't been asleep more than a couple of hours. She was just down the street, and wouldn't be gone for more than fifteen, twenty minutes. Less if she hurried. The place wasn't exactly packed. Miranda knew where she was and knew it was a short trip. And besides, she was already here. It would take nearly as long to turn around and go back without anything as with something.

They'd be fine, and she had to stop feeling like a mother hen who'd left her chicks in another chicken's care for the first time.

Lecturing herself on this topic, she went up to the counter to see what there was and make her selections.

"Hi," she greeted the boy behind the counter, with a quick look his way and an easy grin.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff