Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:44 am
Bellforge
Not sure if it's been asked already;

Does the school orientation ORP count as a completed RP (in terms of growth points) or no (considering all students that participated only had a single post in it)?

/edit; Also, do the 5 fully grown minipets have to be different species, or could you literally have 5 fully grown Batlings?

Come talk to us about this one! If you are posting in a large orp and doing at least 800 words overall spread between posts (ie: lets say you posted for the moonlit ball and had quite a few posts!) then we will allow that as a point. The school orientation ORP no so much because it was just 1 post.

Example 2: Lets say in the office ORP you rped with Hellma regarding your detention sentence and was carried off to rp with Breck. Assuming you hit 800 words then yes, that counts as a point!

Re: Minipets: 5 unique minipets XD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:47 am
I wanted to work on a bit of family history for my character. I read Mel's solo and her memories are set in the human world since her mother and family saw humans before.
1.) For most Halloween town residents, it's very rare that children/teenagers would see humans even if their parents would interact with them?
2.) Do adults of Halloween Town leave to the human world other than during Halloween?
3.) Where would we set the homes of characters? Not in the human world, but the world of Halloween? I got the impression Halloween town was a very small world - or is it just like a normal planet? With different places that mirror the human world? Would there be a Halloween Town Ireland or some other 'overseas' continent or is it just one big continent. I wanted to ask since Calder's family lives in a grain mill near the river and wouldn't know if I could keep a sort of Scottish heritage to them.
4.) Since Chuppi has a Spanish accent, that means there are human influences to Halloween town characters? It's perfectly possible for characters to be French, Scottish, etc, or just have accents? Would they know human continents - as in bragging they were infamous in such-and-such a place?

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:13 pm
MoonKitsune
I wanted to work on a bit of family history for my character. I read Mel's solo and her memories are set in the human world since her mother and family saw humans before.
1.) For most Halloween town residents, it's very rare that children/teenagers would see humans even if their parents would interact with them?
Yes ~ Mel passed her solo by me first, and since personal contact wasn't really established + Damn Good Reason, it was allowed. We do try to keep this sort of thing as minimal as possible, but can be reasonable. A little bit. Little tiny bit. <-> This much.
2.) Do adults of Halloween Town leave to the human world other than during Halloween?
Yes ~ Halloween is the major time for it, almost on a religious level. The day-to-day, though, for some (they can pick a job outside scaring) it's more like...think Monsters Inc, they're putting in the hours to make sure Halloween has a steady supply of Fear. Also there are peeps in the workforce whose job may take them to the human world regardless, such as Reapers and Boogeymen.
3.) Where would we set the homes of characters? Not in the human world, but the world of Halloween? I got the impression Halloween town was a very small world - or is it just like a normal planet? With different places that mirror the human world? Would there be a Halloween Town Ireland or some other 'overseas' continent or is it just one big continent. I wanted to ask since Calder's family lives in a grain mill near the river and wouldn't know if I could keep a sort of Scottish heritage to them.
It's expanded like way since NMB4C ~ it's not small at all, though it's all still referred to as Halloween Town. It's pretty sprawling with different regions and plenty of rural areas for the country folk. There's plenty of room for your boy's home, and you can totally make a little Scottish enclave there.
4.) Since Chuppi has a Spanish accent, that means there are human influences to Halloween town characters? It's perfectly possible for characters to be French, Scottish, etc, or just have accents? Would they know human continents - as in bragging they were infamous in such-and-such a place?
Yes there are, some creatures are created directly from human Fear. Lets say no one was afraid of leprechauns, and so there really weren't many hanging around Halloween. And then the human world decides to make a movie where a leprechaun runs around scaring the s**t out of millions of kids and Jennifer Aniston. In Halloween, leprechauns would be popping up like really ugly daisies, and most of them would have a really terrible Irish accent to go with. And students would have heard about how scary there were in places from adult conversations ~ so it's entirely reasonable for a young leprechaun to be all, "Hay man, leprechaun's scare the seeds out of Americans! High five!" Though it likely don't know what Americans really are, or at least where it is in the human world.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:20 pm
I've read some information and previous questions about it, but I'm still foggy on once-a-human students. Even if they retain only scattered, useless memories of their human life - sensations, vague impressions - and are brought to Halloween World shortly after being turned/resurrected, are these characters still frowned on?  

The Red Dame

Friendly Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Loiterer 100
  • Elocutionist 200

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:55 pm
No, not the way you described. It's when a character is actually knowledgeable and/or strongly based in the human world that they get frown-y faces.

Also, there must be a good reason for it. Undead and ghosts have innate reason to have a past connection to the human world (tenuous as it is.) Other creatures: not so much, so we're a bit stricter about them, because they are lacking an obviously Damn Good Reason.

On things like this, there is room for reasoning and compromise ~ but that Damn Good Reason is pretty vital on the questor's part ~  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:02 am
Emergency question!

Well, yeah, i was once mikuton the demon cat. And i got password pinshed (i believed in it! and she changed my username to GAlA SITE Assistant Agent!). I created Leera Krustone and Amuto Kitowaru. This is my new account. I start all over again.
My questions is:

1. I purchased some raffle tickets. But... It got the name mikuton the demon cat. Yes, i already payed for that, but this is my new account! Can you edit it? I purchased ticket number: 8201-8250 and also 259051-259100.

2. I posted my prefs (in my old account). Can you also change it? Its... Suppose to be mine. Or should i just quote it?

3. I posted my minipets owner stuff in the thread, but since im password pinshed, i quoted it, hopefully you will notice it and change it. Is that the right way to do it?

Sorry for the questions. Please answer it! Thank you!  

- h a b i b a t i -

Codebreaking Nerd

6,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:15 am
Chuuko The Ninja
Emergency question!

Well, yeah, i was once mikuton the demon cat. And i got password pinshed (i believed in it! and she changed my username to GAlA SITE Assistant Agent!). I created Leera Krustone and Amuto Kitowaru. This is my new account. I start all over again.
My questions is:

1. I purchased some raffle tickets. But... It got the name mikuton the demon cat. Yes, i already payed for that, but this is my new account! Can you edit it? I purchased ticket number: 8201-8250 and also 259051-259100.

Post this info in the raffle thread for Ith to see.

2. I posted my prefs (in my old account). Can you also change it? Its... Suppose to be mine. Or should i just quote it?

Just quote it.

3. I posted my minipets owner stuff in the thread, but since im password pinshed, i quoted it, hopefully you will notice it and change it. Is that the right way to do it?

Pretty much.

Sorry for the questions. Please answer it! Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:15 pm
Question for my concept's parental-based history. Kinda dumb:
My concept is a Keres, catagorized under as a Reaper etc: does one (or both) of her parents have to also be a Keres, or can I say her mom's a Druid and her dad's a Grim Reaper?

Not a big question, just something I was curious about since there isn't much info to go by in ways of "breeding" yet.  

azumi

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:37 pm
Within a species it's no big ~ though we reserve the right to go "hell-naw" on hybrid aspects if they give a character a bit too much firepower.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:47 pm
Okey poke~  

azumi

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:28 am

[Edit] Thanks for answering you two!

Waiting wasn't/isn't a problem. <3

I was told on September 1st my student was chosen to be worked on by an artist. While I'm still waiting I figure I'd get emblem and stuff out of the way, but now I'm a little confused on the enrollment process and what's art-only and such.

If a quest has already been accepted does the enrollment need to be accepted again? What if we tweaked and reworded the personality?

I see some things are for "art obtained and enrolled" students and other times it's just not mentioned. What's art-only limited? Can I put in my form for the emblem even though I've gotten no word on her enrollment process from anyone?

Who's allowed to post in the "enroll my character" thread? (Is it for people who have never been accepted, already got art, etc?)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:45 am
If you have a question DIRECTLY related to the art/waiting/questions of your SPECIFIC student, please do pm the mule! I will be pming from the mule back a response D: *hug*  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:59 am
S a l l y S h e e p
I was told on September 1st my student was chosen to be worked on by an artist. While I'm still waiting I figure I'd get emblem and stuff out of the way, but now I'm a little confused on the enrollment process and what's art-only and such.

If a quest has already been accepted does the enrollment need to be accepted again? What if we tweaked and reworded the personality?

Personality tweaking is fine, but anything adjusted concerning Fear, natural abilities, and species, you should PM me or zoo. If we weren't the ones to accept your quest, though, we'll likely go over it a second time for the enrollment, just to make sure the previous staffer didn't miss anything vital.

I see some things are for "art obtained and enrolled" students and other times it's just not mentioned. What's art-only limited? Can I put in my form for the emblem even though I've gotten no word on her enrollment process from anyone?

You can post for your emblem, but it likely won't be made until the student art is made. This is because I like to grab colors off the student and re-use them on the pin, to make sure it goes well with them.

Who's allowed to post in the "enroll my character" thread? (Is it for people who have never been accepted, already got art, etc?)
It's for anyone who is about to get a character and needs their quest gone over again, or for the first time. So far we've been able to keep track and make sure that enrollments are finished right before or right after the student art is finished, but if you're worried your char might get lost in the bustle, go ahed and post there to be sure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:24 pm
Another question, sorry :C.

Is the Natural Ability of flight, due to having big enough wings, the only Natural Ability possible for a concept, or is that such a "duh" ability that another one would be possible?

JUST THOUGHT I'D MAKE SURE.  

azumi

OrionDeltaOmega

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:25 pm
I don't know if this question was already asked or answered somewhere else, and if it was I'm sorry, but I was wondering: Are we allowed to create our own monsters from scratch? Or off something we've seen in a video game? Not necessarily something that is found in lore or the like. O8  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games