Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Sixth Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 pm
You called my name in the dark
Called me back to the start
The condensation is building tension
A stubborn silence is formed
Around our bodies it's warm
The cool wet grasses as summer passes
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Fifth Year - Gryffindor Reserve Beater -
[feeling: wary] [thinking: ...what's up with her?] [with: Ronna] [at: Sixth Floor Corridor]

Toby was a little relieved when her face lightened but rolled his eyes at her response. Wow, what a shocker. They weren't really each other's therapists after all this time? He didn't actually say, that, though, because they were in a dimly lit corridor and he wasn't dying before summer vacation, damn it. But it was beginning to sink in for him that Ronna actually seemed a bit... nervous. Well, maybe not nervous. Uneasy, though. He stiffened, straightened up his posture, and couldn't help but look around, as if to check no one was eavesdropping before his brown eyed gaze returned to her as she sighed in annoyance. "Taking the night off?" he repeated. Ronna Kiss? Take time off from her duties? Had he stumbled into some sort of alternate universe? Maybe it was one where his life actually went the way he wanted it to. That might be nice, for a change.

At the mention of Gypsy and Jer he audibly groaned and looked upward at the ceiling. "Oh god," he muttered. What had they told her? Besides the "Toby is an idiot, " line, which if he heard one more time he was going to scream. Yes, he was not the sharpest tool in the shed. But for that matter, neither were his friends, he accused defensively in his mind. Still, they hadn't gone and started this whole mess. That was all on him. He wanted to protest that the situation was over and done with and they had nothing more to discuss. But that wasn't exactly true. Yeah, he'd given her the straightest answer he felt he could give, but it hadn't necessarily been a good answer, or one that really settled any of the tension between them. He felt like if he tried to apologize anymore, he'd just sound fake. He waited to see what she was actually getting at.

Toby frowned as she rambled and didn't look at him, then finally opened his mouth. "First of all, I don't fancy getting a: berated or glared at or b: decked because you think I think you're a 'horrible scary person'. If you want to deck me, let's get it over with so the suspense can end," he half joked, half intoned miserably. There was no way this conversation ended with them parting as the best of mates, he could see it now. Sort of like a train. Rushing at him. Full speed ahead. No escape. Just sudden, painful death. He continued to rant dramatically in his head until she stopped talking and he realized he was expected to give an answer of some sort. s**t. "So what do you wanna do?" he blurted out. What she seemed to be saying was that they were going to have to solve this a different way other than trying to make sense of each other through talking. Okay... but how? She had better not want to duel him here and now because he was bloody awful at dueling and he didn't want to go to bed tonight covered in bruises.

I'm gonna kick the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust
Fallen empires and raging bush fires
All your words confounded
Secret lives bound and hid
Living backwards in tangled backwoods
You ruined everything right
So good I can’t see the light

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:58 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ 5th Yr Gryffindor ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ Muggle-born, Daughter of Late Officer Brian Kiss of the Kent Police ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ PrefectBeater on Gryffindor Quidditch Team ➳ Vice-Captain of the Reparifors Group Therapy ClubDueling Club Member ➳ ➳

Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand
Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Wearing: Uniform

User Image Ronna made a long sigh as she watched Toby’s reaction to what she said, first acting like the idea of her taking the night off was like she had just told him that the sky was falling and then when she mentioned Gypsy and Jer he simply muttered an ‘Oh god’. That had been more or less she had thought during the whole thing. She glanced away when he finally tried to justify his avoidance of her for her berating or glaring at him or decked. And then joked she should just deck him and get it over with so the suspense would have ended. “If I was going to actually deck you, I would have a long, long time ago,” She said with a half laugh and a roll of her eyes. It was true, while she might want to punch him, she knew if she hadn’t at this point she never would.

She put her hands on her hips and answered her with the question of what she wanted to do. She glanced away for a moment and then back to him, frowning slightly as she realized they were about the same height if she wasn’t a hair taller thanks to her heels and then slipped off her heels and stepped down to the stone floor in only her socks. “There, I’m not quite so scary, probably...” She said. “I figure the best thing to do at this point is make us even. I had the fair opportunity to punch you this summer, and I didn’t take the opportunity. I’ll give you the same. Just… avoid breaking my nose if you do.”

User Image She glanced away again for a second took a deep breath and then turned and placing a hand on Toby’s shoulder quickly pecked him on the lips and moved to take a step back fully ready to be hit by him, after all she had told him to go ahead and do so. Well, Toby might not considering she was a girl and many guys had some idiotic chivalrous attitude on the difference between how it might be justified for a girl to hit a guy but not the other way around, but at least they were even. He completely embarrassed himself over the summer with her on an impulsive action and now Veronica was doing the same. It wasn’t a logical thing, technically, but like she had said logic was obviously not working with the whole problem between them.

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:46 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
[feeling: wary] [thinking: ...what's up with her?] [with: Ronna] [at: Sixth Floor Corridor]

Toby was glad she didn't really take offense to anything he'd said. They'd reached that point of understanding between each other, at least. "That's good to know," he commented lightly, determined to keep the mood that way, and then stared at her, completely taken aback, as she put her hands on her hips as if suddenly coming to a decision. She then proceeded to, for what reason he couldn't imagine, take off her heels so she was slightly shorter than him, rather than equal in height or even a tad taller. She explained it as so that she wouldn't be "quite so scary". Okay... what? His nose crinkled as he tried to piece together what she really meant as she talked about making them even, then... giving him an opportunity to punch her?

She couldn't be seriously thinking she was gonna....

Could she?

His eyes widened to the size of saucers as she placed a hand on his shoulder and pecked him on the lips so fast he was almost afraid he imagined it, before she stepped away. Toby stood still as a statue, frozen. The hair on the back of his neck was prickling. It wasn't entirely a bad feeling. She seemed to be expecting him to take a swing at her. Yeah. Like he was going to hit her. Firstly, even though they'd be at least equal in a fist fight, he wasn't going to punch a girl. Jess would remove his fingers one by one. With a sparkly pink nail file. Also, he wasn't a douche bag. And it wasn't as if he'd minded. It'd been sort of nice. When he finally found his voice, he took a tentative step towards her, hands sort of shaky at his sides. "Ronna, I'm not gonna break your nose," he informed her, and then before he could convince himself otherwise pecked her back on the lips, afraid to even let his lips linger on hers before he pulled back. "Even again?" he asked weakly. He'd probably ruined the whole thing... but he liked kissing her more than he was willing to admit and one impulsive action spurred on another... He'd never been doing the logical thing to begin with, so he saw no reason to stop being an irrational idiot now.

His breath was harsh and erratic as he exhaled nervously and looked at the floor before looking back up at her. His face was scarlet red, and a small voice was screaming in his head about how she was going to seriously hit him now or laugh in his face and walk away, or tell him how creepy he was... Did he actually have a crush on her? He'd said he didn't like her like that... but he'd been trying to just give her an answer she'd like at the time so he'd sort of assumed "I'm actually sort of find you attractive" wasn't an option. He'd been constantly thinking of her all year, mostly worrying about what she thought, about what other people thought, about what he thought... Ronna wasn't like other girls, he thought wildly. How should he have handled any of this? Was she even interested in him? Maybe? Maybe not? She was dedicated and determined and snappish and he was careless and cocky and took everything like some grand joke life was playing on him... Oh, why was he even trying to apply his own strange brand of reason to any of this? "If you don't want me to ever do that again or even talk to you just tell me and I swear I won't," he said desperately, in case she actually was completely disgusted with him and his bullshit. "But that time wasn't... that wasn't because I was riding some adrenaline high or 'living for the moment', I promise."

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:06 am

➳ ➳ PrefectBeater on Gryffindor Quidditch Team ➳ Vice-Captain of the Reparifors Group Therapy ClubDueling Club Member ➳ ➳

Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall

User Image Veronica took a breath of relief when Toby said he wasn't going to break her nose, granted she assumed it was some sexist thing about not hitting girls, but she remembered from a try-out that a broken nose hurt, and she was lucky she was able to hold it straight when it heeled, she didn't know if she would necessarily be as lucky a next time. And if she was going to have to break her nose and it forever be crooked she'd rather it be from something worth talking about and not something stupid. And then realized he actually took a step forward and he returned the quick kiss she had given him back to her before pulling back and asked if they were even again.

She stared for a moment, turning a bright pink and then red and said, "How the bloody Hell are we even? What bollocks, rubbish, nonsensical mathematics did you ever learn? You- you..." She was flustered and end up pointing an accusing finger at him and fell silent and crossed her arms and muttered a few random curses under her breath as she glanced back at him as he stood there bright red and obviously nervous.

Massaging her forehead she listened as he said if he didn't want him to ever do that again or even talk to her just to tell him and he wouldn't and then added that the reasoning wasn't because he was riding some adrenaline high or 'living the moment'. "Yeah not doing that would be a bit awkward for the next two years," She said and then glanced up and turned brighter red and quickly waved a hand, "Talking-I meant not talking would be really awkward and inconvenient... and..."

User ImageShe glanced up and said, "Great. So it wasn't that, this time. I mean, I'm fairly sure you kissed better last time when it was something because of that sort of thing. This summer actually could have been classified as snogging or close to-what happened just now was..." She let out a sigh and raised a brow, "So what exactly was that just now? And better yet where does this leave us, now? I mean... well, I don't know, obviously. I tried the logical and I got to the point of screw logical. Besides, being logical and trying to be rational about the whole thing has kept me from enjoying the prefects bathroom all year, which is way nicer than I thought it was..." She shook her head and stared at the floor and then her hands where she went back to her nervous habit of fiddling with one of the rings on her finger. What Toby said about it not being chocked to either of those two options still left a lot of other reasons why he felt like kissing her back was a good idea, granted this time she had started it.

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:46 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby supposed the reaction could have been worse. He hadn't been pushed into a wall, she hadn't hit him, kicked him, or hexed him and she wasn't even really yelling, either. So he had that going for him, kind of. "I always sucked at Maths," he said, going cross eyed looking at her accusing finger pointed in his direction, glad it was a finger and not a wand. And hey, she was flustered too and blushing too. He waited for her to start up again, confident this conversation was not nearly over. He gaped at her response and then realized what she actually meant. Well... at least she wasn't telling him to never so much as speak to her again?

"Oh, gee, thanks," he replied dryly. "I wasn't aware I should have snogged you with no warning again. I just thought... did you want me to just go 'yeah, guess we're even now' and leave? Because I only realized what your plan was like a second before you actually went through with it, so... if that was the desired response... whoops, missed that cue." He laughed without humor and looked away for a moment. Here came the interrogation, anyways, and he looked torn while he tried to come up with decent answers to her questions. "That was me kissing you back? Because I liked kissing you both times... except this time I liked kissing you becauseitwasyouandnotbecauseyouwerethere," he announced in one low rushed breath of mortification. Somebody avada kedavra him now, please... He'd always imagined that when telling a girl that he would be a lot more suave and charming. Right now all he could hope for was that she could actually make sense of the mess of words he was currently spewing.

"Leave... us?" he echoed uncertainly. "I- you don't really sound like you liked that at all so I don't wanna jump to any stupid conclusions here... And um, yeah, the best bet with the prefects bathroom is probably to just ignore Gypsy and not engage in conversation at all costs... usually works when I want to avoid Jess, just because then she gets peeved and starts ignoring me... But Gypsy's probably dif'rent in that regard- you could always drown her in the baths if she won't shut up, blimey, I'd help at this point," he offered as an end to his ramble. He noticed she was playing with her rings again, and didn't know if that was something she did when she was mad, or when she was nervous. "Sorry," he muttered. "I don't really know either. Whatever you want to do, I guess," he said dully. "If you want to just pretend this never happened and we can just be... quidditch team rivals again, yea? Or we could-," he cut himself short and stared at the floor for the millionth time, studying his shoes. What he'd wanted to say was "or we could just keep kissing each other whenever we want and tell everyone else to go to hell" but he wasn't so sure how well that might be received. Probably not very well. But... she hadn't told him to never kiss her again, either, and she'd said she'd gotten to the point of "screw logical", so he could hope.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall

User Image “Why is it that doesn’t surprise me,” Veronica muttered when Toby said he always sucked at math. “That was always one of my strongest subjects… still is. Guess I can be confident I passed one exam…” She put on a half smile that froze when Toby gave her a dry response to her criticism about him kissing her-not so much the kissing fact she supposed for once but the actual quality of the kissing or thoroughness of the kissing. She supposed there was the fact she had actually kissed Toby back that might have helped the whole situation over the summer-make it more complicated and well was part of the reason the kiss lasted as long as it did.

Her musings were interrupted when he began to answer her interrogation. And the second answer and the rushed end of the response left her staring there in silence as she tried to process what he just said about kissing her because it was her this time and not because she was there. ‘Wait, Gypsy was right?’ Ronna thought blinking and then realized that Gypsy was a lot smarter than Ronna usually gave her credit for, not that Ronna thought Gypsy was stupid by any means but it was annoying to be shown up by Gypsy of all people in making rational well thought out conclusions: then again, she supposed every now and again people were bound to show some outstanding display of one of the prized traits of their house. Gypsy was a Ravenclaw.

She couldn’t even think of an answer as Toby continued and said he didn’t want to jump to any stupid conclusions and that the best bet with the prefects bathroom was to just ignore Gypsy-which probably wouldn’t work and Toby pointed out that as a second thought and then offered to help Ronna drown Gypsy. “Sure, the two of us alone together in a bathroom drowning Gypsy, if that won’t start rumors then I don’t know what will,” She said with a half laugh, unsure what to say so sarcastic answers seemed to be her fall back.

Looking up from her rings when Toby said it was up to her on what they did next and that if this never happened that they could just go back to being quidditch team rivals and then he began to suggest an alternative but quickly cut himself short. “Because pretending things never happened totally worked for us before,” Ronna answered. “And we can’t be quidditch rivals. Crash threatened to pull pranks forever if I didn’t try out next year, which I told him I didn’t have to, he at the beginning of this year was planning more or less that next year you and I would just be the beaters. Hell, tell me if there is anyone better Gryffindor has for the position? We’d be on the same team in the exact same position and on the same level of the team, there would be no rivalry…”

She realized she was rambling sort of ignoring the real presented question what was the second option and the fact Toby was putting it in her hands to make the decision on the matter. Frowning she crossed her arms and thought things over. He was giving her free reign to choose whatever in the situation. And, was Gypsy right and they both liked each other. Well, obviously in some way or another that was true. Toby had said he kissed her this time because it specifically was her and not that she was merely there. And, would Ronna have not come to the idea of kissing Toby in the first place if she hadn’t liked him or at least wanted to kiss him? After all, why did she care if Toby thought her scary or whatever-why did it matter? It didn’t really matter to Ronna what he thought before the summer when he kissed her and she took note of him, but it did when she actually took note of him beyond the quidditch rivalry they sort of had and that was it. “Or we could what?” Ronna said staring at Toby, crossing her arms and biting her lip briefly before trying to hide her nerves a bit better.

User Image“I had thought Gypsy was full of it about your liking me at all like that,” Ronna said glancing towards one of the walls of the corridor. “I mean I’m not exactly that likable. Not like that. I… it isn’t like I don’t have my fair share of insecurities. Especially in this department. And, honestly until this summer I just sort of lumped you and Jess together which I suppose is terrible but…” She started before stopping. “I… You know how annoying it is that you half have some idea and then cut yourself off. I’m way more tempted to drown you in the prefects bathroom over not saying something than something that you think is stupid or embarrassing or I don’t know what.”

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:01 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby wasn't surprised either. When he had gone to muggle school, his best subject had hands down been English. He'd loved science, but math... not so much. Ronna, on the other hand, had probably been some sort of mathematics genius. She probably did math over the summer. He.... well, she knew what he did over the summer. But he'd gotten a half smile so far, so he was counting that as points to Team Toby. She didn't say anything for a little while, and he got really worried until she finally spoke again.

"Well, at least it'd be different rumors," he snorted. "Like... murder conspiracy. And I bet if people thought we were crazy they'd shut up for once," he pointed out. Why hadn't he thought of that before? He could have just pretended to have multiple personalities or something. Definitely would have gotten people off his back. She at long last looked from her rings and he tensed up. "There's always round two," he said more sarcastically than he meant to. "I dunno, maybe some Quidditch prodigy will come sprinting onto the pitch and out fly us all next year. I guess not. And if you were still mad at me, hell yeah there would be rivalry," he commented. "Whether I liked it or not. But I don't really mind competing against you," he told her. "Keeps me from getting too cocky. Until I get a few bones broken," he amended.

She'd crossed her arms and bit her lip and he tried not to stare. "Wait, she told you I-," He bit his own lip, hard, then swore under his breath because it had hurt and looked like he wanted to kick a wall, but the forbidding stones of the nearest wall looked unfriendly to kickers. He was more angry at Gypsy for thinking that this was in any way something she should take it upon herself to fix, but what was he gonna do about it? Jinx her? Jer would murder him. Literally. They'd probably never locate his corpse. "That's not true," he said firmly. "You're likable. Nearly everyone is likable, so long as other people aren't being shallow arses. Yeah, you kind of... piss people off sometimes, but so do I. And just 'cause you're not super girly or whatever bullshit people think makes girls more attractive- that means absolutely nothing. I never even hated you. You just drove me insane once in a while." He hadn't mean to say that much, but he wasn't about to take it back now, and that was the most confident his voice had been this entire time.

He actually laughed at the mention of lumping him and Jess together. "Everyone does it. Jess hates it, so don't ever mention that to her. I'm used to it by now. We were nearly attached by the waist when we were little. It's lucky we're not identical." Obviously, it was clear they were still twins even with the height difference and whatnot... But being fraternal twins sort of made things a bit easier. He blinked, but had relaxed around her some. "Geez. Alright. Okay. I was going to say something like 'or we could just say "screw everyone else" and snog whenever we wanted and not be rational at all' but I didn't really think you'd go for that." He was half joking, half serious. He swallowed hard.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:03 am

Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall

User Image Veronica let out a short laugh when Toby suggested murder conspiracy was a better option for having rumors about them go. That maybe if they thought they were crazy people would shut up. "No, they'd just give us weird looks and everyone would think what we did in our free time besides murder conspiracy. Besides, I don't think I'd be the type of person people could picture as a murderer. Hell, I think it would be hard for most people to buy a rumor I jaywalked." She let out a sigh and raised a brow when Toby suggested a second round of quidditch rivalry. "Honestly as long as I am somewhere on the team, even reserves, I'm happy when it comes to quidditch."

She raised a brow when Toby started with asking what Gypsy had said, but then again he stopped and more or less came to the same conclusion that Ronna had about most things with Gypsy: the Ravenclaw said whatever she wanted whenever she wanted when it suited her. It didn't really matter how much proof or assurance she necessarily had. Then again as Toby went on countering Ronna's argument about her being not likable and went more into details, though maybe not the most flowery or complementary explanation, Gypsy was sort of right about them at least being attracted to each other. "Would it make you feel any better if I told you Gypsy also accused me about being as stupid as you in all this and said part of the whole problem was my fault. Then again, supposedly I'm the smart one and was supposed to figure things out," Ronna said with a roll of her eyes. "But, honestly let's see, what I have going for me according to you, is I kind of piss people off but so do you. I'm not super girly but that apparently means nothing. You never hated me and I just drove you insane once in a while."

She stared at Toby and said sarcastically, "Are you still sure you aren't insane from one of the times I drove you insane. I mean is there a single good thing you have to add to that. Besides, I am girly, I wear heels most of the time anymore and I have been wearing skirts most of the time when I'm wearing casual clothes since like third year. That's girly." Actually, the heels just made her all the more abnormally tall and did skirts really make up for the fact she was argumentative, hardheaded, and probably could punch better than many guys?

She raised a single brow and crossed her arms as Toby went on about how it wasn't a big deal she lumped him with Jess since everyone did it and Ronna muttered, "Just because everyone does, doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. I can control my actions and what I do, so I shouldn't have." At least that was something she could be confident in an adamant stance on.

User ImageThat was when Toby blurted out what he had cut off and was obviously half joking, but the only half joking was what caught her off guard though it annoyed her too. "Why because you actually think I care what people think about my personal life that doesn't effect them?" Veronica scoffed. "Or is it probably the more not be rational at all part? Because I assure you if you say decided to randomly snog me when you were breaking curfew or trying to get out of trouble like this summer, I'd be the first person to make sure you got in trouble for it. Besides, it isn't like I wouldn't put it past you at this point."

She nodded as if her statement was the most reaonable-rational-and logical conclusion that even a five year old could come up with. Okay, the logic of the whole thing was probably off, but to Ronna it sort of made sense, or as much as she was ever going to say on the matter.

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:21 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby snickered. Did she actually consider jaywalking a crime, or even something bad? 99% of the population of bloody London probably jaywalked. It had to be the most socially accepted criminal offense out there. Well, unless you were a cab driver. He then nodded, and said dryly, "Yes, very." He couldn't work up the nerve to be hurt at her not being very impressed with his probably-could-be-seen-as-backhanded compliments.

Yeah, I'm probably still insane, he wanted to say, for still hanging around here like a hopeful puppy. He could beat a hasty escape now with what was left of his dignity, but he supposed he might as well go all out once again. "The point of that was to explain why I didn't think those traits were necessarily bad things," he said flatly, staring her straight in the eyes, which sort of made his stomach lurch uncomfortably. "But if you'd like to take it all as insulting I can't exactly stop you. And heels and skirts don't make someone overly girly or feminine or however you want to put it. My sister wears jeans and sneakers when she's out of school, and she's practically your opposite. Granted, they tend to be in blindingly bright colors... What you wore or acted like or if you made me mad didn't matter to me in terms of liking you, is what I was trying to get at there." he muttered, taking a step backwards as if wondering whether or not she actually just wanted him to go.

"Thanks," he said awkwardly, unsure of how to take her seeming sincerity in regard to that matter. It wasn't really a big deal to him... but for Jess, that was a whole different story. He knew she had issues with people seeing them as one person "Jess-and-Toby", rather than two entirely different individuals. She didn't excitedly inform people that they were twins anymore, but just kind of said it like she was required to, and he wasn't sure how he felt about that. Did she wish he wasn't her twin? She'd always lorded the "fifteen minutes older" thing... Maybe she wished she was older by more.

His thoughts returned to the situation at hand when Ronna scoffed. "No!" he yelped, and then winced because of how young and vulnerable his voice suddenly sounded. He was fifteen, nearly sixteen, not twelve. "I. Like. You. I would not mind snogging you again, not as an excuse or whim, but because we both want to.There. If you don't like me like that at all and want me to leave right now, that's-," he worked at his jaw, trying to get the words that felt sour in his mouth out, before mumbling, "That's fine, okay? But could you just tell me?" Was she avoiding the main point on purpose? It was frustrating, because he still didn't know how she felt- she was much harder to actually read than he'd ever realized before, and now he knew how stupid he'd been. Maybe this was her way of attempting to let him down gently. Well... not gently. More like... carefully punting him across a field, when he could have been drop kicked. At least with the drop kicking you knew the other's persons feelings towards you.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall

User Image "How can I be insulted by something that is all true?" Veronica answered staring back at Toby as he stared her in the eye. She shook her head and said, "Anyways, I just don't see the logical why in all this. But maybe people don't make logical decisions in who they like or not like... I mean I obviously..." She trailed off and then realized it was the exact thing she had just told Toby off for. "I guess I should be attracted to someone who is top of their class and never gotten a detention or something, right?"

She frowned at her own words and listened as he replied to Ronna's answering towards his originally chosen statement not to divulge. There was an indignent 'no' torwards her two questions on why he would assume that she wouldn't go for the 'saying "screw everyone else" and snog whenever' idea.

Her frown changed to a neutral expression as she listened to him clarifying that he did like her and would not mind snogging her just because both of them wanted to and if she didn't like him like that she should just ask him to leave. She had already started thinking of a more typical lengthy answer when he mumbled it was fine but he just wanted her to tell him if that was the case. She blinked for a moment and stepped a step back and before she began answering grabbed her shoes and began to slip each heel on. While on the floor, thankful she could keep staring at the floor and not have to look up as she slipped them back on she said, "I... It wasn't like I minded the actual kiss ever. I just minded being considered someone who happened to be there. I said I had just lumped you and Jess together, but I... if you look at it you aren't not my type. And you are attractive if you consider you as an individual. I mean if I didn't always try to be guarded and logical and make sense of everything my life would be a lot easier. Maybe it is why I'm not attracted to the sort who follow everything by the book exactly like I do... And you are one of the only guys my age who doesn't make me feel freakishly tall-though, maybe that is because you stole all your sister's milk or something growing up considering she is more on the short side and..."

She glanced up and stood, brushing her hair from her face and looking away and muttered, "I... It's a lot easier to just say you don't like someone or hate them than anything else. But..." She glanced back and spat out quickly, "I mean it wasn't like I wouldn't agree to snog you but if say you were breaking some rule in the process, I would just be a lot closer to turn you in. The actual kiss wouldn't be the problem. I only follow set black and white rules-there's a lot you can do still and follow the rules set forth and... I... Um, I guess the liking is mutual then?"

User ImageShe paused turning beet red at this point and then bit her lip for a second and then quickly glanced down and began to fiddle with one of her rings again and didn't say anything else as she stared at the ring she kept twirling around her finger. She wanted the floor to swallow her up at this moment. Granted Toby had flat out said he liked her first so it wasn't nearly as embarrassing admitting the same but it just seemed ridiculous. And, God, it was going to be a big laugh for so many people if-no more so, when-the whole thing of each other liking each other got out. A one time snogging was easy enough to brush off as impulse or momentarily lapse of bad judgement on either's part but actually liking someone took more thought. Actually, all things considered it brought her back to the line of thought: was who you liked or didn't like ever perfectly logical?

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:15 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby almost choked on his own tongue before admitting, "Yeah, I guess so." With that reasoning, he should be attracted to someone more like him, some wild child type with no cares in the world. But... his parents were nothing alike, at least not at first glance. Sure, they were both in the medical profession, but his dad was that jokey doctor everyone loved and his mum was that super cool and collected healer who struck terror into the hearts of any patient who tried to lie to her about their medical records. And yet they fit together. His dad made his mum laugh and remember to relax when she got home from work and his mum made his dad remember when to actually scold his children and not "accidentally" join in with their troublemaking. And she'd never, ever treated his dad like he was a child or didn't know anything just because he was a muggle and she was a witch. His mum said they didn't have secrets from each other, because that was, as she put it, a "great way to ruin any relationship". And they certainly talked a lot like friends for two old married people.

But enough about his parents, who were still pretty boring compared to their children. He carefully watched Ronna's frown shift to a more neutral look and then she seemed to blink a bit and start putting her heels back on. He rubbed the back of his head self consciously as she stared at the floor, then was startled when she began to talk, still not looking at him. She said that it wasn't the kiss she really minded, rather the circumstances, which he'd already known, though she'd always glossed over her feelings on the actual snogging part of the whole mess before. Then she said that he wasn't... not... her type? So... he was her type? Sort of? And... he was attractive as an individual when separated from the twins equation.

He wanted to grin but he was too nervous to risk it, so he just played at his loose tie while she mentioned that this might explain why she was more attracted to guys not like her personality wise... And he didn't make her feel "freakishly tall". He was still only just nearly 5'9", but that was plenty taller than Jess, for instance, who was barely above five feet. "Stole all my sister's milk?" he chuckled. "Yeah. Maybe. She was always the smallest, even when me and her and Uriel were little." At last, she looked up at him as she stood, before looking away again and finishing what she had to say in a mutter. So... she liked him back. There it was. He had his answer.

Toby's guts stopped writhing some and he let his shoulders slouch a bit in relief. His blush had finally started to fade but she was red as a tomato behind the freckles. "Right. That's- that's awesome. I... um... how do you want to do this, then? We could... I guess we could date-," he wasn't sure he'd ever even taken a girl out on a date, and he didn't really know how to start now, kissing was the only thing that seemed to make sense to him... "I mean, it's not as though we suddenly have to be boyfriend and girlfriend just because we feel the same way," he said hurriedly. "Maybe we should just... take things really slowly and see how it goes?" he offered, feeling as though he had to provide some sort of solution. The idea of liking someone and them liking you back and not doing anything about it seemed ridiculous. But just because she liked kissing him and found him attractive didn't mean she wanted him for a boyfriend, or even to date him. "It's not like we have to 'officially' be anything, anyways," he added, then wondered if he'd said the wrong thing there. For all he knew she could want him to make things official immediately. Otherwise she might feel like he only wanted her around so they could snog. It wasn't as if that was all he liked about her. He was shallow, but not that shallow.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:18 am

Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall

User Image Veronica was relieved at least that she had managed to break some of the awkwardness with a joke. After all she was pretty sure height wasn’t entirely based on milk or whatever. For example, people said coffee stunted your growth but she drank it constantly and was taller than most of her peers. Then again her father was fairly tall so that probably contributed to the whole thing. She inherited her father’s freckles and his height apparently, though; she could hope maybe she would just stop growing any time. It was annoying to have to practically buy a whole new set of clothes every year because of a growth spurt. She looked back as Toby began to respond to her answer and stumbled with trying to figure out what the best next move was. “Don’t overtax yourself, now,” Ronna said dryly. “Because I mean like the idea of snogging me or liking me is apparently fine but date, what you guess so if you have to?” She added sarcastically, bristling slightly and then taking a deep breath and massaged her forehead.

“You do realize who you are talking to when you say we don’t have to classify anything?” Ronna pointed out. “I mean if we aren’t officially dating or anything I’ll just categorize us as something like ‘friends with benefits’ or some other equally horrific term. And by the way if someone asks I am totally telling them that. Hell, I can guarantee Gypsy and your sister will follow up on this eventually with me. Tell me how much Hell you are going to get from Jess on that one.”

“Look I’m not going to make you do anything,” Veronica said, “and you're right whatever we call whatever we decide to do shouldn’t matter to others but people will ask and I like to have a definitive answer. So, I’ll just find the worst way of categorizing the whole thing and move on from there. I mean when I went along with the whole ‘I only did it on a whim’ story you said and collaborated, apparently I made you all the more annoyed. I don’t know if I’m the one that should be making relationship decisions. Besides, my Dad was practically forever a bachelor, I live with a lawyer who I am fairly sure likes the fact he is my technical guardian as he can freely do whatever he pleases without worrying about some overnight visitor he doesn’t want since his old guest room is now occupied, and my mother is… all things considered I have heard some really interesting descriptions of her from my Dad’s friends, including my lawyer, which are quite colorful and actually fairly true.”

User Image “You really expect me to be the type to make rational decisions on relationships. Oh, and the last time I actually said I liked someone I threw an apple in his general direction,” Ronna added. “I think that about covers my great decision making in this department. So hey, if I decide I’m going to call whatever we are whatever I feel like unless you have some certain name for it in mind.” She shrugged and then added crossing her arms and looking away and said only partially sarcastic on the matter, “Besides we already crossed to making out in alleyways in public, I’m fairly sure take things really slow not only is kind of unrealistic but also sounds really boring.”

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:39 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby looked this way and that as if waiting for someone to come and remove his foot from his mouth. "I wasn't sure if you wanted to just jump right into- you know what, I'll just take that as a yes." Right. He should have known she'd want them to be officially... something. And it wasn't as if he didn't want to, either. He did. He just didn't want to be the first one to go "well, I guess we're dating now".

"Friends with benefits." Aside from the obvious implications, the sh*t eating grin he was sure would appear on his sister's face as soon as she got wind of it... Toby mentally shuddered at the possible fallout, and tried to rectify the matter as fast as humanly possible. "Fine," he said quickly, "If you want to be something official, let's date. As long as we're not overtaxing ourselves here," he added just as sarcastically. He frowned at the mention of her mother, not sure what to say to that, but he didn't know nearly enough about the whole situation, anyways, so he said nothing and distractedly messed with the cuffs of his sleeves. until the subject was changed. He figured it was probably safe to say that Ronna had no interest in telling him the whole story about her mother, whatever it might be, anytime soon. And he wasn't about to press.

"Guess I'm lucky you don't happen to have any fruit in hand, then," he commented lightly, while wondering who she'd happened to throw fruit at to begin with. Had this been years ago, or recently? Was it someone at Hogwarts? Anyone he knew? But... it wasn't as if he was jealous or anything. Because how pathetic would that be. Right? Right? He tried not to think about any scenario leading up to Ronna telling another boy she liked him and then chucking an apple at him.

"I didn't mean slow like that," he mumbled, to take his mind off things. "I wasn't gonna suggest we regress to hand-holding or awkward side hugs." He'd seen the hesitant side hugging before, and the clearly nervous hand-holding that went on between some new couples and it honestly looked genuinely painful. If they weren't comfortable even making physical contact with someone, why were they together? Of course, generally a month later those same people were shamelessly snogging in a corner...

Good thing we've already reached that point, he thought, only a little wryly.

"I just didn't want to make you feel pressured to be my girlfriend or 'friend with benefits' or whatever if you weren't okay with it," he defended flatly, then seemed to brighten and smiled crookedly. "Anyways, to really make things clear I'm just going to ask you out now. Ready? Right." He cleared his throat. "Veronica Kiss, would you go out with me?" he said as seriously as was humanly possible for him. To Toby, this seemed like the basic thing to do, and he looked like he was struggling not to break out into a full grin. He didn't want her to think he was just joking or making fun of her. He was extremely serious.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall

User Image Veronica raised a brow at Toby’s fairly mortified expression as he looked around and began with that he was unsure she just wanted to jump right into, well she assumed dating or whatever, but he had trailed off and just said he would take it as a yes. She nodded once at his conclusion and glanced away for a moment or two as Toby processed her conclusion just to call the whole thing ‘friends with benefits’ and move on. Granted, she was fully aware it would sound horrible in many ways on both of their parts if that is what she said, but Ronna didn’t care what people thought about who she dated or whatever if she was satisfied or happy. It was Toby who was the one who cared. Honestly, Ronna was fairly sure she’d only get a few raised brows and a ‘seriously?’ but it wasn’t like she’d get that much flack over calling whatever they had as ‘friends with benefits’. Honestly, it was sort of more believable all things considered then them starting dating-or at least from a rumor standpoint.

Ronna chuckled at Toby’s quick response at her wanting something to officially call it and quickly said they should date and matched her sarcasm with ‘as long as we’re not overtaxing ourselves’. “I don’t know how official ‘friends with benefits’ is as a title for anything,” Ronna admitted shaking her head, “It is just an easy way to categorize things in my head if we weren’t dating. You’re the one who’d come off the worse if I used that title, though.”

She half smiled and crossed her arms when Toby said he was lucky she didn’t have fruit and her eyes narrowed into a glare, clearly a bit annoyed about the whole thing. She hadn’t been asking for his input about any of that. Besides that was years ago and she’d like to think she had her temper a little more in check. She was thankful when Toby changed the subject to about how he meant slow and added that he wasn’t going to regress to hand-holding or awkward side hugs. “Sure, I suppose,” She said uncrossing her arms and no longer glaring at Toby. “Though I’m not going to suggest snogging randomly in the corridors or whatever… Well unless it would annoy your sister and especially annoy Gypsy, I mean there isn’t really enough of a rule against the whole thing,” She added. “Isn’t both those examples something you could do with a sibling, or a cousin, or a platonic friend just as easy than someone you are attracted to? If not more so.” She frowned a bit and then added quickly losing her frown, “However, if you do break some rules, it isn’t like you can pull the same stunt you did last summer. It won’t catch me off guard enough, and quite frankly I don’t pick favorites when it comes to obvious rule violations.”

She half shrugged a bit apologetically about the fact she would be more than happy to bust him for rule violations all things considered, but that was just one of those things she just wasn’t going to bend on. Besides as she partially mentioned there were plenty of things that rules did allow if you only went with the more legalistic mind process which is what she tended to take. Her thoughts; however, were interrupted when Toby began to defend his statements about what next and arguing that he didn’t want her to feel pressured to do anything. And then added that to make things clear he was just going to ask her out asked if she was ready and then went with a ridiculously formal ‘Veronica Kiss, would you go out with me?’

User Image Ronna couldn’t help but burst out laughing at the-she guessed it was sort of a proposal of sorts considering how it was worded-and managed quickly while laughing, “Yeah, yeah, sure… Of course…” Catching her breath she said, “Sorry, I shouldn’t laugh but that is just… you’re asking if I want to date you not to marry you. You sound ridiculous wording it like that. I mean, yes to the question, but still…” She was still smiling and added, “And you do realize Mr. Walsh, I’m probably one of the most stubborn people you ever met. Do you honestly think you or anyone else could really make me feel pressured to do anything I didn't want to?”

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:11 am
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby rolled his eyes. "Well yeah." Why did they even have to categorize things, anyways? It seemed like a lot of work. Not that he was complaining if they were dating. He wouldn't exactly mind saying they were boyfriend and girlfriend. "I think it's clear that I have no objections to snogging... anywhere... at any point... ever..." he trailed off, trying not to look terribly smug. Those heels looked dangerous. He didn't want to get stabbed with one. Then he laughed. "Oh sure. Jess and I only make physical contact when we're trying to strangle each other. Alright, not really, but we're not exactly holding hands very often. And the only cousins we really have we never actually see... Anyways." He raised an eyebrow and tried to draw himself up some. "Me? Tobias Philemon Walsh? Break a rule? Whaaaaaaat?"

It wasn't like he had some sort of reputation to keep up with, or anything. Though admittedly he had nothing on that Luke kid and his friends. After all, Toby was only one man, and unless he resorted to blackmail it was kinda hard to convince Jess to join in, especially if she thought she had better things to be doing, like stalking Uriel and his girlfriend or something. Sometimes he worried about her. Honestly. His sister was weird.

He had pretty much expected Ronna to laugh, but he was relieved and glad she had said "of course" all the same, even if it was in between laughs. "It's alright," he waved off her apology. "Come on Ronna, I had to make it official!" he exclaimed between his own snickers. "And I didn't get down on one knee, besides." She was smiling at him, though, even if it was in amusement, and he grinned completely, his whole face lighting up. Everyone said he looked younger when he grinned like that, but he didn't really care. "Nah," he decided. "You're pretty resolute, Miss Kiss."

mc2

((sorry for shortish/cruddy/late post! sweatdrop I've had a crazy end of the week...))

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff