Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Third Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keep Calm I am The Doctor

6,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:44 am
User Image
Daemon Sadi
First year Slytherin student

"...Rest in peace..."

Daemon blinked twice in a very short time. Firstly, being told off by a house elf. "Sorry," he appologised to the elf automatically, then blinked again at the, very loud, use of his full name. "Wow..." He whispered, falling silent. Even his mind went almost quiet, but was still muttering mentally about betrayals. He shuffled slightly, "can we go to the libary please?" he begged weakly.

"...Mother..."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Tamara "Goldilocks" RadcliffeUser Image

She was still shaking, and her voice came out in a cracked tone, sounding very weak. "Y...yeah... we.. we can..." She sniffled, tears still streaming from her eyes.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Keep Calm I am The Doctor

6,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:18 pm
User Image
Daemon Sadi
First year Slytherin student

"...Rest in peace..."

Daemon nodded, pushing out and running for the stairs.

"...Mother..."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:37 pm
Tamara "Goldilocks" RadcliffeUser Image

Tamara followed suit, almost entirely forgetting that she was with Lucy.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 pm
User Image Bailey turned the corner and walked halfway down the third floor corridor before she found the perfect place to hang a flyer for her team's Quidditch Try-Outs. After the piece of parchment was in place she turned back, continuing her search for her Quidditch team.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:49 pm
QUIDDITCH TRY-OUTS
HUFFLEPUFF

Quidditch Try-Outs for the Hufflepuff team will be held by the Team Captain on
the Quidditch Pitch from Feb. 5-10. Please read the following requirements.

- Must be a Second Year student or higher
- Must posses a Flying Certificate (Awarded
in the First Year Flying Class)
- Must be an active student
- Must refer here to make sure you know
how to play Quidditch, and to ensure you are up to
date with the current rules and regulations
- Must be available on Thursdays, as this is the day
Hufflefpuffs are scheduled to have the field

All students trying out for the team will be asked to showcase their best flying techniques
[[as well as their ability to roleplay]]. Brooms and equipment will be provided. First years and
students with no intentions of trying out are encouraged to attend for support.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Porcelaine Ivory

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:43 pm
User Image
User Image

I hope I did well on that, Charlotte thought as she stepped out into the hallway. Pulling her shoulder bag on she paused before setting off down the corridor listening distant sound of moving stone. The stairs, she thought walking over to the set of stairs she had taken just earlier that day to find that the steps weren't there. ...Great...

Sighing she looked around the floor. Down the small was the open door of the Charms class, around that corner there were other classroom. However she was sure that at the end of the corridor was a dead end. Turning her head, she noticed the arch way that lead to another hall way. "Right then," she muttered and head off toward the arched hallway. Hoping to find another set of stairs.

___________________*___________________
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
{{}{Springy 10 1/2 inch, Birch wood with a core of Jobberknoll feather}{}}

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:58 pm
User Image

Nott dashed down the hall, thinking he might catch up with Charlotte, but had no luck. It was like she vanished. A few times he thought that he saw her, but really it more seemed to be the castle playing some sort of trick on him. He had been rather proud of his sense of direction and layout so far and really hadn't gotten lost for long, until now. After he was stuck at a door forever that had a picture of fruit on it, until he, in desperation, started feeling it. And realized that the pear wanted to be tickled as he wiggled happily under his hand. Feeling totally daft, he tickled the pear and the door swung open. However that door only led to the kitchen.

Finally he was wandering the halls and corridors until he ran right into someone coming around a corner from another hall. Nott reached out to steady them and himself before he even looked up into her face. "Oh, I should have known that it would be you." He said with mock haughtiness. "Just looking for an excuse to put your hands all over me."

Nott smiled as he stepped back and readjusted his bag on his shoulder."So, do you know where we are or how to get to somewhere that I know where we are?"

Sometimes he didn't know what he would do without Charlotte. Actually, yes he did. He would just spend the next hour or so wondering around and getting distracted from his task and exploring or sneaking where he didn't belong. Charlotte was a task oriented sort of girl, he could count on her to steer him straight.

Garden of Wisteria

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:16 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte closed the door with a sigh, she was certain that the study period was starting soon and she had spent her extra time between classes, examining suits of armors. She had to admit to herself as she walked off and then turned a corned, that the suit had been interesting. However it doesn't hel-

She stumbled back from the impact of bumping into some, as she accepted the aid of the person, she heard a familiar voice speak. Looking up she smiled, "I'm happy to know you greet people in such a fashion. You must get tons of girl's falling for you with those words"

Dusting herself off she looked down to make she was still in order and hadn't dropped anything. Nothing, but the pocket watch, she thought stooping to pick them up. Straightening, she smirked and pulled her shoulder bag up from where it had slipped before she continued, "As for where we are...well, so long as the castle hasn't decide to start moving rooms, we're are on the third floor. I'm pretty sure there are a flight of stairs around here somewhere...I just need to find them..."

"I would ask how your day was," she said looking out for the arch way that would indicate a stair way. "But I share most of the class with you, that and the day just started...So instead I'll ask this, How is Slytherin treating you? I didn't expect it and..."

She trailed off, not quite sure what to say. Oh, that wasn't true, she wasn't sure whether to ask the question. She had heard quite a few things about Slytherin's, but top of the list was they're love of purity. While she knew half her family was pure, the other half was pretty much muggle except for the rare wizards. But he already knows you aren't a pure blood, her reasonable side argued, but some how it didn't calm the small nagging voice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:04 pm
User Image

Nott walked with her. Somehow, in this castle full of people in literally hundreds of rooms and animals and magical plants, he still managed to get the feeling like they were the only two people in the entire castle. This area seemed completely devoid of all other life (he hoped there wasn't a good reason for that) and he finally had a minute alone with Charlotte. Not that he had anything against Alexander, in fact he was starting to really like the other boy. But he had missed this.

Just the way she brought up his Sorting into Slytherin and then trailing off, cut him a little. Is she upset that I am a Slytherin? He doubted it, they had been joking around about it all day. Maybe she is just curious why. I know I was. Am, a little, still.

"Well," he began. "My mother's whole family was in Slytherin. She was the strange one who made Ravenclaw, which is where she met my father. Almost all of his family was in that house as well. So I guess I supposed that it would be Ravenclaw for me." And then wished it wouldn't be and now I'm kicking myself in the a** for that.

"I know that Slytherin has this terrible reputation but really everyone seems nice. Even the people that I thought looked psychotic. One guy that I was talking to, his mother was an auror, so you know he isn't dark. I guess it comes down to what drives you. I guess I sort of have a single-minded focus when I want something." His voice faltered briefly before he continued.

"And I am proud of my pure blood heritage. I mean," he added quickly. "I'm not prejudice AT ALL. And I definitely don't think that I'm better than anyone else. I just...respect the tradition and think it is cool to have such a long line of wizards and witches behind me. I guess that added to the Hat's decision. But, you know, when it was thinking where to put me, it said that I was righteous and the house was changing and would need people like me. So..." he splayed his hands out in a sort of 'there-it-is' gesture.

He hoped that Charlotte wouldn't judge him for his house. He was proud of all of those things and being a part of such a distinguished house. He didn't look down on the other houses as well. Well, that one kid was quickly giving the Gryffindors a bad name in his book, but that was the only one he had a problem with, so he wasn't about to condemn the group so quickly.

"Well what about you? How is Ravenclaw?" He was sure it was perfect for her. She was so intelligent, it would have been a waste of her talents to put her somewhere that she wasn't fully appreciated. He tried to hold in the next comment but it sort of escaped him. "It seems like you and Alexander are getting along well. Getting close. Must be nice to be in the same house."

He glanced at her from his periphery as they walked before looking forward again. He hadn't meant the last part to come out snippy, but it did just a little. He had worried that not being in the same house would make it harder for them to hang out, but that wasn't the whole reason and he was slowly beginning to realize that.

Garden of Wisteria

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:40 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte was so engrossed with Nott's words, that it wasn't in till he had finished his Slytherin semi-rant, that she realized they had passed the archway for the first set of spiral staircases. Sighing she, she resisted the urge to give her forehead a good squat, settling instead for brushing the stray curls back from her face. All of this didn't detracted from what Nott was saying. No just hearing the words made her smile and her reasonable inner voice champion the fact that it was right. In a quiet voice she said,"I'm happy to know that you haven't changed. I was worried for a bit, but I decided that you weren't like the stereotype, so that must mean others of the House must not fall into it..."

She gulped and then let out a sigh of relief as Nott asked about her time in Ravenclaw. While she wasn't sure what was up with the snippy way he end, she decided that it had to be a bit of anger from her earlier questions. Sighing she reflected on last night, before saying, "Well, I have to admit. Having Xander there helped adjusting to the new house rather well, but it was really Xenos who helped the most. He is my upperclassman, he is really sweet and smart. At first I was wondering if I even fit in Ravenclaw, but after meeting him and the others of our year. I've come to feel an almost pride about it...I'm sure you can understand. Slytherin, most come with the same feeling. Anyway, with Xenos and the others, the adjustments has been perfect and the Common Room is beautiful."

She was smiling broadly now, remember the night before. While it had had it awkward and weird moments, she was now able to look back and see them for what they were. As a good beginning and an interesting start to the new year, with her...new family. Though Xenos is too handsome to be a brother... she thought as she spotted the archway that lead, she was sure to a stairway. Heading towards it, she continued, "The whole room is done up with a beautiful blue, and the view from the windows are so romantic. I know I'm going to enjoy it there...so long as my father holds his tongue and his quill. It was his old house, he sent me 5 pages of praise this morning in the mail, along with my new pocket watch. It has a place for pictures on the inside...and yeah. That is it for my House experience."

Charlotte decided that telling him that she had been comtemplating put Xenos picture in there was best left unsaid. He was her best friend here, but she thought it would be awkward to tell a guy about your crushes. Especially Nott, who would teaser her on it or possible tell. I really need some girlfriends, she thought stared down the steps.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:34 pm
User Image

Who is this Xenos guy? It seemed like that was all she was talking about. That and the romantic common room that they would be in together. Nott felt his anger bubbling a little. But every time he looked at Charlotte and saw her smile, he calmed back down. She was different than all of the other girls that he talked to here. When he was around them, he wanted to flirt and joke. But when he was around Charlotte it was more like a verbal battle of wits, amiable of course. And she made him laugh. All of that sounded like a recipe for a good friendship, so he couldn't understand why he was so upset about her becoming close with other guys.

I don't like her like that....Do I? She certainly didn't give him quite the same feelings as the other girls. But he felt very possessive of her. It didn't make sense. Turning his head as they walked he studied her a little closer.

She was a very pretty girl. Obviously. Her looks had been what he had noticed first from across the room. But she had immediately put all of those thoughts of his normal routine of flirting out of his mind. He still wanted to see her often and they had spent the larger majority of her vacation with her aunt together. He had been upset when she left and he pined away for months until he saw her again on the docks. But that was just because she was a great person and a good friend, right?

More and more lately he had felt angry when she seemed to flirt or be interested in other guys. Which was only made worse by the fact that it didn't seem to bother her if he was flirting with other girls. So why didn't he do something about it? He had dated a few girls in his time. Granted it was silly kid's stuff, but he wasn't shy about being forward with girls, obviously. But he was reluctant to ask Charlotte to take things any further. What if she was mad that he assumed too much and didn't want to talk to him anymore?

However, he realized a small silence had settled between them and he rushed to fill it. "I haven't heard from my parents yet, but I did send them an owl. I'm guessing that my father isn't happy. But that is okay, my mother is the head of the family anyway." He said with a slight laugh. And it was true. Euchadessa was more talented, brought in more money, made the decisions and had taken care of raising Nott. All Christian McNair really did was tinker with his baubles and was occasionally a nice guy, when you could pry him away from his inventions.

"It is a shame that we can't take other people into our common rooms. I'd love to show you the Slytherin one. It is enormous with all of this ornate stone work and emerald green silk wall hangings. Fire places big enough to stand ten people in and ceilings so high I think I could stand on the roof of my house, at home, and not be able to touch it."

"So, how do you like the classes so far? Any professors that you hate or subjects that you love? What is your opinion of Yeslana?" Their DADA class was still swimming around in his brain. He didn't know if he loved the guy or was completely terrified of him.

Garden of Wisteria

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:14 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte smirked at the idea of Nott's mother being the head of the family. She had never actually meet Nott's father, but Mrs. McNair seemed the sort of woman who would run things. In their first meeting, Nott had mentioned having to pick up his father or something along those lines. Those the words weren't perfect in her memory, she certainly remembered thinking it was strange. Smirking she needled him by saying, "I am happy to hear that no one at home will mind you're being in Slytherin, but maybe you should avoid going home or else they'll see just how much more arrogant getting into that house has made you."

As she set off down the stairs she tried to remember if these stairs continued all the way down to the ground floor and thus the courtyard as she listened to Nott. She smiled as he described the Slytherin common room, which sound elegant and imposing. Sounds kinda like how you could describe my paternal grandparents...I bet they would have wanted me in Slytherin, the thought nearly wiped her smiled away, but it was saved by Nott's question. "Oh, I love classes so far. Well outside of History of Magic, rather dull that one. I was hoping for more. Anyway, Transfigurations and Potions seem to be the biggest disappointments so far, but then again we just started. While I do enjoy the charms class we just had, plus Flying is rather interesting. I mean the instruction is very well versed in his field and quite...interesting to watching."

She paused as she stopped on a landing and then she continued down the spiral steps, hoping the ground floor was coming up soon. "As for the DADA teacher, Professor Yeslana, well...he is..is..." she stalled trying to think of a good word. Then deciding she couldn't really come up with a good substitute finally said, "He is slightly scary, an excellent teacher and clearly isn't dull...to look at or listen to. He does put a good amount of fear into you."

She paused on the steps for a moment, checking her mental tally to make sure they had gone down three floor. It was the same process she had used to find her way to charm from breakfast. Then she suddenly remember something. Rustling through her bag, she pulled out a rather worn and batter newspaper, handing it over to him, she said, "The Ministry has supposedly found another place where the magically enchant items were found, maybe even the origins. Suppose that old house in the picture, was a wizarding house whose charms and enchantments failed. A muggle family bought it and started selling all the magical goods...or at least that is what they think. No one can remember who bought the house and to make it even worse is that no one can find the supposed current owners. I wanted to tell you at Breakfast this morning, but you didn't arrive and then classes started and I just completely forgot...in till now. I was thinking, do you think...

She turned to looked at Nott, before stepping off the stairs. She didn't want to say anything, but it had sprung up last night from the other newspaper and then this morning with this one. She wondered if Nott had made the connection, I just want him to clarify...to check. By Merlin, I hope that he has made the connection.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:18 pm
(( Wow, guys, how can you write so much? My posts are only three lines long xd ))  

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers