Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Teams Posted! (Oct - Dec 2023) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:49 am

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔢𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔯i𝔫 π”“π”²π”―π”’π”Ÿπ”©π”¬π”¬π”‘
𝔉irst π”œear

User Image

He followed alongside the others as he swiped up a form and filled it out hastily, his scribbled scrawl of words barely legible to him, so he could only hope the captain would be able to make out the cursive script. Shrugging his shoulders after a second thought, he didn’t really much care. Pivoting on his heel, he returned back to his place on the field, beside the broom with the notch along the handle, and smiled gingerly as Daisy approached him, those dimples always adoring each cheek.
”Yeaβ€”

β€œEr,”
Dominic cut back, his tongue curled together in his mouth while his brows rose and furrowed together, confusion had struck him. Out of nowhere, an upperclassman had approached, and with a swift curve of voice, had suggested that Daisy try out elsewhere. Normally, Dominic would have been the first to interject, but out of the corner of his eyes, he saw his cousin, Belle, furiously swiping a hand beneath her neck implying less than noble means to keep his mouth shut. So he did just that.

He had heard of the accident, after all, it was the only thing on his mother’s mouth when his uncle Alexander had written them an owl about it. In that instance, she had wanted to haul him off to Durmstrang. Father wouldn’t allow such a thing to happen. His eyes drifted back and forth between Daisy and Jasmine in awkward silence. But then, just like that, the upperclassman girl was off, talking to another girl.

”Blimey, that was weird.” He commented cautiously, gauging Daisy’s reaction all the while.

Quote:

Name: Dominic Montague
Year: First
Position: Beater, or Chaser

╔═══════════════════╗
Quidditch Field with the Slytherin Try outs
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:29 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

”Hey cap’n, while you get started with the rest of the team, I’ll go ahead and get us seekers started, if that’s alright.” Belle announced from across the field, striding over to the gathered group students, a few new fresh faces, and the familiar ones that had brought a smile to her face. Glancing over her shoulder, she beckoned a motion for students to follow her.

”Alright, any potential seekers, form up in a line here beside me and Vanessa, and, we’re ready whenever you are cap’n, release the snitch.” She called eagerly with a cupped hand over her mouth as she eagerly hoisted a leg over her Nimbus Galaxy that Devin had gotten her as a gift. Focusing her attention upon Ronyo, she shot up into the air.

Desires: Between 40-45 to Spot
Troubles: Five Turn to Catch Snitch

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β•β•β•β•β•

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
Daisy BensterΒ 
First Year

Slytherin

*****************Β 

Daisy's eyes flared when she heard the girl speak to her about the keeper position. How dare this girl say that she had as good of a chance as her and she didn't even know her. Daisy turned her head as her dark brown locks flowed passed her shoulder."What gives you any reason to think I won't be better than you. Are you that ignorant that you cant see that there might be someone better than you?"Daisy said as the girl started to turn and walk away. She had already seen Dominic think that she wasn't going to explode, but his look came a little to early.Β 
O.o.C: Β 

*****************Β 
Character Info
Friends: Dominic and Belle

Crush: Dominic, just a little though.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 pm
Jasmine Acacia
Fourth Year Keeper
User Image

β•‘β–Œβ”‚β–ˆβ”‚β•‘β–Œβ•‘β”‚β”‚β–ˆ β–Œβ–ˆ β–Œβ–ˆ β–Œ β•‘β–Œβ”‚β–ˆβ”‚β•‘

As soon as Jasmine finished, she went off to where her broom was and worked on making sure it was in the best possible shape. Her father always said that was a good way to clear his mind, so she figured she'd give it a shot.

"You're a first year. We all sucked as first years. Maybe you'll luck out and I'll injure myself. Or maybe I'll end up just like my sister," Jasmine replied, almost calmly. The thought had crossed her mind. "The odds just don't seem to be in your favor," she added. 'They certainly weren't in mine last year.'

"Grief is not as heavy as guilt,
but it takes more away from you."

User Image

{{Hunger Games Reference! Had to do it! Had to!}}  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:24 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Fifth Year
Quidditch Pitch/ Slytherin Try Outs

Everything seemed to be going well enough until it seemed like a dispute over the position of the keeper came up. It was an argument that should not have started as it had no precedence nor meaning on the events, as they would do as they always had when it came to positions. A persons skill was a large factor but experience carried a large amount of weight as well, and Ronyo understood the tension in the air as Jasmine spoke and almost seemed to be looking to continue the fight.

"Silencio," The spell came from Ronyo right hand wand and washed over the area the two girls stood in, "That will be enough ladies, we will take care of this in the air as a team should. Now mount up and hit the sky," Ronyo turned to Belle and gave a nod, "Thank you Belle, go ahead whenever you're ready," with that Ronyo kicked the trunk and the snitch was set free and took off without a moment's notice.

Ronyo also took to the air and made his way up to the practice rings with the Quaffle in hand. He floated in the sky for a few moments until the rest of the team had joined him and he went over the basics. He understood the first years knew enough about the sport to get started but still it was best to make sure the full rules were covered as this was not ones backyard Quidditch.

"Alright Jasmine if you could take the Keepers spot to start this off as you are a returning member. The rest of you will run the course passing and flying as you see best to try and score. As we have enough people to run without me I will stay out to watch as normally I'm a Beater and have little to do with the Quaffle. After sometime has gone anyone else who wishes to try for the Keeper position may do so, however should you prove to be as stalwart a defender as Jasmine you will fill the spot as a sub," Ronyo took a spin and came around from the goal side of the field, "We are a team, that means we work as one and look to help each other were we can. I will not have us fall into some silly Slytherin stereotype were we are all trying to secretly stab someone in the back or rise through the ranks by double dealing. Wit and cunning are not the only merits of a member of the green and silver house, we also have pride and honor ladies and gentlemen. Let's show the rest of Hogwarts what this house is capable of when we work as a united front."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 pm
User Image
☠ Amanda Davis ☠
Second Year: Slytherin Chaser

Amanda heard some ruckus coming from two girls. When she looked over at them, Jasmine and a first year girl stood arguing about the keeper spot on the team. The second year was about to butt in when Ronyo silenced the girls and stopped them from continuing. When they were ordered into the sky, Amanda mounted her Nimbus 1000 and drifted off into the air. Starting on the opposite end of where all the quaffles are, Amanda made her way towards the bludgeoning balls.

Post 1/5 for Chaser

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 3, 3, 8, 1, 2, 9, 4, 3, 4 Total: 45 (10-100)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:21 pm
My life is so cold
User Image

Pale green misted eyes narrowed in on the field as she noticed the squabble down below, Belle had a second thought to zip right around on her broom and slap sense into both girls on the teamβ€”butβ€”Ronyo’s idea had seemed much more effective, in any case. Gently swaying in the open air on her broom as the wind whistled past her, she watched tentatively as the captain unlatched the quidditch truck and pluck out the golden sphere from its home. In just a flash, it was gone, darting and zipping and spiraling with freedom into the open blue sky around her. And as always, she was the first to thrust forward on her broom and begin the elusive hunt.

Desires: Between 40-45 to Spot
Troubles: Five Turns to Catch Snitch

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β•β•β•β•β•

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 pm
User Image
☠ Amanda Davis ☠
Second Year: Slytherin Chaser

The girl continued to make her way across the pitch, zooming through the air on her Nimbus 1000. Let's see what this broom could do, she wondered, going faster and faster by the moment.

Post 2/5 for Chaser

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

((If Amanda gets chaser again, I'm going to need someone to fill in for the Quidditch games from Sept. 15-30 as I won't have internet often enough to post during games))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Golden Anbu rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 7, 7, 2, 2, 5, 10, 5, 7, 3 Total: 57 (10-100)

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Soemtimes you need to step back.....

Vanessa smiled a bit when not one but two of her teammates said she could borrow theirs. And here she thought none of them had heard her. "Thank you both but I only really need one." she replied. Shortly after that Belle started the seeker tryouts. So the girl was on her broom keeping an eye out for the snitch
....in order to see it all.

User Image

((OOC: sorry I haven't gotten to post again before now I'm trying to work out the last minute details for the games so sorry. >.<))

Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 1, 8, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 2, 8 Total: 58 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:54 pm
My life is so cold
User Image

A smirk laced betwixt her lips as she soared across the open sky, the faintest glimmer of shining gold trailed high and higher up to the clouds. The raging winds left a deafening cry in her ears as she climbed higher in altitude, never once, bothering herself to turn and look down at the petite specks of her house mates left behind. She never tore her eyes away from the slight glimmer of gold, its teasing tail always just barely in her sights as she inched closer and closer to the fruit of her pursuit.

Desires: 40 or less or 70 or greater to catch
Troubles: Five Turns to Catch Snitch

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:05 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔢𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔯i𝔫 π”“π”²π”―π”’π”Ÿπ”©π”¬π”¬π”‘
𝔉irst π”œear

User Image

After the fiasco with the upperclassman, Dominic’s thin lips tightened to a grim line, restricting acidic words to a stagnant pool on his tongue as silence wavered. The captain had appeared to dislodge the trauma, and, after releasing the snitch from the quidditch trunk, he assessed the rest of the students and began proper try outs. Glancing down at Daisy, he knew she was still furious, he could feel it pulsating underneath his skin. But he couldn’t find any word to console her. Instead, he placed a simple hand on her shoulder, emanating a veneer of relaxation before he motioned for her to follow him as he gathered his equipment, slid on his bludger bays and kicked off the ground and took to the skies.

Hoping to be a beater, he decided to wait till last to try his hand at chaser.

╔═══════════════════╗
Quidditch Try Outs with Slytherins
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:40 pm
Jasmine Acacia
Fourth Year Keeper
User Image

As soon as Jasmine finished, she went off to where her broom was and worked on making sure it was in the best possible shape. Her father always said that was a good way to clear his mind, so she figured she'd give it a shot.

Jasmine sighed. Ronyo was right. Her emotions shouldn't get the best of her. However, he was wrong. This wasn't about stereotypes, this was about the hole that the loss of her siblings had poked in her heart. As a triplet, it was devastating to lose them. The girl was convinced it was Zane's fault too. He had taken Erianthe away, why let him take Quidditch away too?

"Sorry Ronyo," she said as the effects of the charm wore off. "I'm still dealing with stuff from last year, but I promise I won't let it get in my way again." The fourth year hoped he would realize what she was talking about.

"Alright prospective beaters! If you can get over my personal issues, let's get started. You wanna try and keep the quaffed from getting through the hoops. Gotta be nimble and alert," she explained as she tried to get a smile on her face. Once she felt they understood, Jasmine flew up to the goals.

"Grief is not as heavy as guilt,
but it takes more away from you."

User Image

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:02 am
OOC:
With our first game coming up quick I have posted the positions on the first page of this thread and will update the roster to match on other threads as well. We may continue to post here to RP out our practice and training times here. This is a good place to try out how the rules work for playing Quidditch, especially for the chasers, beaters, and keepers. Please read or re-read the rules by clicking the link.

Things to keep in mind.

Chasers: You have to have 5 posts between all those who have touched the quaffle in order to roll your dice to score. You may also attempt to take the quaffle from the other team by rolling to correct number on a dice roll while on defense. While the numbers are what go into play please show us your flying skills and fill free to come up with passing plays and formations to work in as well. I will be thinking about some ideas down the line. Who knows if we perform a really awesome play we might get a bonus for it...probably not but you never know I guess.

Beaters: keep an eye out for the other beaters when they choose to try and send the bludger at us. Be ready to post and intercept the bludger coming to a fellow teammate. Also this will be an area where you characters personality may come out. If your an aggressive, angry, or typical Slythein then you may want to try and send the bludger at people more often.

Keeper: Your job is pretty straight forward so I don't have much in line for reminders that you probably don't already know lol.

Seeker: Keep an eye on the score once you have sight of the snitch, we don't want a repeat of the world cup from the 4th movie lol.

Everyone: Remember to post your lives somewhere in your posts during the game, and above all else...have fun.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:09 am
User ImageUser Image
Daisy BensterΒ 
First Year

Slytherin~Chaser

*****************Β 

Daisy walked onto the field with her new Quidditch uniform on. She was excited for practice and was happy she made the team even if it wasn't keeper. She looked around to see if Dominic was already there, but it looked like she was the only one right now.Β 
O.o.C: Β 

*****************Β 
Character Info
Friends: Dominic and Belle

Crush: Dominic, just a little though.

User Image

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games