Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 8, 1, 1, 4, 6, 8, 9 Total: 37 (7-70)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:46 pm

@Bugging Toritaka~
Kyumi would color a bit at the jr. magistrate's reference to earlier. Part of her hoped that this wasn't going to turn into one more thing she'd end up having a hard time living down...

Still, she'd do her best to recover from it quickly. "Yes, well... If it helps any, I haven't tried to arrest anyone and... I'm fairly certain I haven't done anything that'll stir up trouble!" Kyumi would flash him a playful grin. The grin would start to change into a somewhat hesitant expression soon after.

"Actually... If you aren't busy or on duty at the moment... Could I have a moment of your time? "

((Rolling etiquette to help cover up embarrassment and to make things go smoother?, 5k3 = 18 ))
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 pm

GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Kaiu Fortress:

"Yes, sir. As you wish, Kagae-sama." The man on the opposite side of the door would read off the letter verbatim, and do his best to transcribe the message Kagae issued as soon as he could.

"Are... you need of assistance, Kagae-sama?" he would ask sincerely, unsure what Kagae's motivations were in this transaction.

--------------------

@ Husk and Shell Inn:

As Zanzen and Kojiro would approach the innkeeper, the heimin would bow his head respectfully. "I am sorry, Kakita-sama. It would be improper for me to snoop into the wants and desires of one of such high and respectable station, and I cannot help you in this endeavor. But your praise greatly honors me, and the farmers of Kuda Mura, though we are unworthy of such kind words."

The innkeeper would turn to Kojiro, once more bowing deeply. "There is a river to the north of the village, perhaps half a mile away. But, I must apologize; your Lady Kitsu did not address me as to her destination, and I am not privy to such personal information."

--------------------

@ Kuda Mura:

Toritaka Tokugawa would let out a small - though perhaps slightly forced - laugh at Kyumi's joke, before nodding. "Of course. I have just ended my shift, and was merely returning home. What can I do for you, Kitsu-san?"

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:00 pm

@The Husk and Shell

The Scorpion would politely acknowledge the peasant before going off to find Shosuro Miyako. It was probably for the best that he couldn't find the Kitsu. Although a water oriented shugenja would probably be able to find whatever it was that Kojiro's ancestor pointed out, the Scorpion didn't want to owe Kyumi anything *just* yet. Instead, I'll ask Shosuro-san to come with me. Maybe I'll get a chance to apologize for being a blithering idiot and get through this day with a little more dignity.

With that thought in mind, Kojiro called into Miya-chan's room. "Good evening, Shosuro-san! I've just found out that there's a river near town and I feel that a walk along the bank may invigorate me. I've not been too attentive today. Would you like to join me?"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:16 am

@Kaiu fortress

Growing with evermore panic Kagae hastened a response to make the servant disappear, "No, no... Everything is fine in here... How are you?"

Kagae suspecting this would send him away retreated back to consuming his supplies.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:39 am

@The Husk and Shell

He frowned slightly in thought. "Of course. Well then, do you know if there is anywhere in town I can get some bamboo rods?"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:58 am

@ Husk and Shell Inn:

"Certainly, sir. Kuda Mura has lots of merchants traveling to and from the Watchtower of the East and Kaiu Shiro to lands east of here. I'm sure you'd be able to find one who, if nothing else, should be able to attain such things for you." The peasant would bow his head again to Zanzen. "Pardon my abruptness, noble samurai, but dusk will be upon us soon, as you will need to hurry before the merchants close up shop for the night."

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm

@ Husk and Shell Inn

"Indeed. Thank you for the hospitality then." Not wasting any more time, he gathered his things and headed out into the town, hoping to find, before nightfall, someone that would be able to sell him bamboo poles.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Zanzen! Give me a Perception/Commerce (to search yourself) or Awareness/Hunting (to track down via asking around) roll vs TN 15 to find such a merchant!

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 8 Total: 15 (2-20)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:40 pm

2k2 Awareness.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:00 pm

@ Kuda Mura:

Kakita Zanzen walked around downvillage Kuda Mura for some time, asking passing peasants for someone who might be capable of delivering such merchandise. Half the answers were from those unable to help him, and the other half were directing him to the former.

Though, one lead finally did pay off, and he came across one heimin merchant who was amidst closing up shop. "Oh! Welcome, wayward traveler! You caught me just in the nick of time! For such an esteemed buyer, I'll stay open as late as you want, though."

By the looks of some of the things in his shop, it seemed to be full of all sorts of unusual wares.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:05 pm

@ Unusual Shop

"Ah, sorry. I just need some bamboo poles. I was invited to the Kaiu household and I realized that I had no gift to present. Do you happen to have any in stock?"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:28 pm

@ Unusual Shop:

"Forgive me for saying, that is an odd request. Be that as it may, Daikoku must be smiling on us both this day. You see, someone traded them to me several weeks ago for something of lesser value. I've been lugging them around all this time, fearing I would never be rid of them! I was just contemplating throwing them out just earlier today."

The middle-aged, bright-eyed man smiled upon saying this, eager to hear more.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Seichiro wasn't really one for social interaction, and honestly, this whole family thing didn't interest him. Knowing he'd risk loosing status, he decided to politely decline the invitation to the Kaiu household. Once he finished his food, he decided to thank the owner of the Husk & Shell, and then stepped outside, stopping the first peasant he could see.

"Excuse me, but I was wondering if you could help me?"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:35 pm

@ Outside Husk and Shell Inn:

The first peasant Seichiro would find would practically drop everything he was carrying as he was approached by the Large-sized bushi. "Y-y-yes! I-I'm s-sorry! P-please d-don't k-kill m-me!" The gentleman, a portly man approaching the elderly age category, was practically quaking with nervousness, and struggled to keep the large sack of grain and the bucket of fish elevated.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-20)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:32 pm

"Calm down, sir. I'm not here to kill you! I just need your help. Could you be so kind as to provide me with the help I need?" He tried to be calm and gentle with the heimin, hoping he won't get freaked out even more.

Untrained Etiquette 2k2
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces