Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:01 pm
Odessa sat in the driver's seat of the pickup truck as it bounced and rolled over the wasteland's barren ground. The vehicle wasn't fancy; it had once been an old yellow Toyota Hilux that had somehow remained after the war. While Odessa herself was an electronics expert, her mother Isabella was a mechanic. She had gotten this old truck up and running so smoothly that it purred like a kitten under the hood. Sitting next to Odessa was a pair of pistols and a very clean and well maintained sniper rifle. Odessa preferred the pistols, but Scarlet had been a very fine shot with the rifle. Few were better in Northwest. Odessa knew Scarlet would be pleased to see her old rifle again.

The bed and body of the truck had been repaired, mainly so no one would need a tetanus shot after cutting themselves on all the old rust holes. They had added a roller cage to the bed of the truck, mainly as in the wasteland this was the most effective means of transportation. She settled against the back seat, resting her arm against the lowered window that made her pale orange hair flutter in the wind.

~~~

After several hours, Odessa drove up and parked alongside the hole that was the entrance to Western's underground. She hopped out and leaned against the truck. She knew they would have been alerted to her coming.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:22 pm
"Hey! A vehicle's here, we believe it's from your faction." Chris called out to the sleeping Scarlet. He'd seen the huge blob on the radar. Devon would be waking up Eva.

She was already sitting up on the edge of the bed, glaring at the wall opposite of her. Devon knocked loud on the door, "Eeevaaa~! Your friend's here~!"
She stepped out past him in silence, then stopped abruptly as he planted a hand firm on her shoulder. She glanced back at the man.
"You might not be willing to risk it, buuut... please keep in touch. I'll no doubt be in the VR a lot soon. We will win this." He said with an odd determination, then handed her the backpack which was slung around his other arm, "Here's some supplies. You'll need 'em in this world."
Eva nodded, accepted the pack, then smiled kindly, "Thank you, for everything. And trust me — I'll be back."
She walked back down the hallway, finding her way to the main entrance. She waited for Scarlet.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:46 pm
I woke with a yawn and found myself slumped over an empty plate. Mmnnm.

Thanks guys! I called back to Chris.

I stood and grabbed my hammer, lazily slinging it over my shoulder as I made my way up to the entrance. I nodded to Eva before climbing smoothly out of the hole and dusting myself off. I looked up and was greted by Odessa, who smiled at me. I nodded and hopped onto the back of the Hilux. I grabbed onto the roller bar and held on, after strapping the lage hammer against the bar so it didn't go sliding around everywhere.

Odessa reached through a window and pulled out the rifle. It was a long, very sleek thing; someone had gone though the effort of decorating it-- or crafting it painstakingly by hand. Feather like designs had been etched into it, and it went from gossamer like feathers at the tip to black feathers at the butt of the handle; Each feather got grayer and darker the farther back it was on the gun.

I smiled upon seeing it, and carefully took it into my hands.

I kept it clean and safe for you, sissy.

Thank you Odessa, thank you.

Odessa, as I fondly looked over the weapon, opened the passenger door for Eva.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:13 pm
Eva followed the girl out, immediately eying the truck. It was something she'd never seen; a true, four wheeled, gas consuming vehicle. She wondered how old it was. As Odessa opened the door for her, she retreated in silence to the truck, setting her bag down on the floor between her feet. Her eyes strayed to the sky, which was blackened by ominous storm clouds ahead of them. She tensed inexplicably, as if by something deeply ingrained in her memory.
She shook off the thought, and instead preoccupied herself by pulling off the bandages on her face. The gashes had stopped bleeding hours ago, now hardened into the beginnings of a permanent scar. Eva examined the X in the side-view mirror, stuffing the bunched up bandage into her pocket. This was her new self, scarred, toughened, and broken as she may be.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:35 pm
Odessa closed the door after Eva and slid over the hood, getting in on the driver's side. She started the vehicle and with a deep purr it came to life; and it started to roll across the wasteland back towards Northwest.

Odessa didn't really like driving in silence-- but the person who normally talk to her was in the bed of the truck, looking over her sniper rifle. She didn't really know what to say to Eva... Scarlet knew her more. Odessa gulped and leaned her arm against the open window as she drove on. She looked up at the dark clouds, and smiled. Dark clouds meant storm. Storm meant... rain. Rain was good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:29 pm
Eva watched the dead landscape roll by, the infinite mass of grey. The only signs of growth were some extremely dried-out weeds, which were not only useless, but also possessed a very dull radioactive glow. And, as she squinted harder, a greater mass of that glow loomed off to the right on the horizon, a crater at its center. It was the site of a bombing, from long ago. She broke the silence with hesitation, "...How long has the world been like this?"  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:38 pm
About 30 years.

That was Odessa's answer. She turned the wheel some, and they veered away from the crater, butting some distance between the truck and it's passengers and the radioactive crater.

The Simulation has existed about 25 years. That's when the remnants of the the world's governments thought it was a good idea to make it instead of attempting to re-build society.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:05 pm
Thirty years. Longer than she'd existed. Even the simulation outdated her. Eva was struck by that revelation, suddenly feeling younger. In this reality, though, she was no better than a child. Scarlet, physically a kid, knew so much more and acted so mature in comparison. She was just an infant, born the moment that Nemesis extracted her from the VR.
"Are all the factions trying to re-build? I mean, if they are, why don't they just join forces?"  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:19 pm
((Tell me if I go too far with this. xp ))

Odessa smiled.

Ah, but they have. Each faction plays a part in rebuilding. West, as you saw, mainly focuses it's resources into overthrowing the VR. East and South do that too. All the factions at least give up a portion of their people to that task. Other focus on other tasks. Southeast and Northeast focuses on farming, for example. Raising livestock and edible vegetation that survived the war. They supply food to the other factions. They are also two of the factions that are HQ'd farther away then the others, so they can afford to do things on the surface.

Odessa nodded in the direction they were going.

Northwest is like Northeast and Southeast. Set far enough away that we can get away with doing surface activities. But we don't quite do farming. Our focus is Restoration. We're trying to repair the damage done by the nuclear bombs that dropped-- such as taking the radioactivity out of the soil.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:22 pm
((Nope, you're fine. razz ))

Eva listened intently, attempting to memorize all the factions' functions. She failed at that task, though. There were too many. "I see..." She let her head relax back into the seat's headrest, "This is way more complicated than I thought..."

(( *Was going to post for other characters, but forgot what she planned to write.* Grrr... damn writer's block. *RAGE!* scream ))  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:37 pm
Yes. Quite complicated. We are attempting to come up with the best society for the post war era. Thus, each faction also has a different type of government. We're judging to see which would be the most effective. I don't really know what the others governments are; but ours is a sort of Greek style democracy. People are chosen to sit on the council by chance for a couple of years, before another drawing is held and a new council is picked.

Meanwhile, outside, I had long since finished making sure that my rifle was in working order. I wanted to do a little target practice-- but shooting in a rumbling, rolling truck was most a sniper's nightmare. I took a good grip on the roller bars and stood, my long crimson hair which had dried into a curtain of long silky deep crimson strand blew in the wind. I looked out over the wasteland and at the dark clouds, and breathed in deep. I smelled something I had never smelt before. Cool, fresh, moist air... healthy air, not dead stale air. It was a treat to taste and smell, and cool on my face and in my lungs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:47 pm
[[ hey can someone bring me up to speed on what's happened so far, please? :3 ]]

CrypticCat

Familiar Informer

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:09 pm
RiskyCricket
[[ hey can someone bring me up to speed on what's happened so far, please? :3 ]]
((Let's see... Raowan killed a Corrupted, Eva went to a bar and Met Scarlet, Eva then left to go home before collapsing. Scarlet found her later and kept an eye on her as paramedics arrived. A cab took the two to Eva's place where they encountered Raowan and he expressed concern about the rising number of corrupted and Eva's sudden seeming illness.

Scarlet and Eva stayed up a little longer talking before heading to bed themselvs. Roawan, left earlier that morning, and met with a caretaker, a robot known as Genesis. Genesis and it's two sisters were patrolling the city for Corrupted.

Eva and Scarlet woke up, and Scarlet went to make some food, but ended up getting hit upside the head by a frying pan. This forced Scarlet into a 12 year old state. This attracted the Caretaker's attention, and drew Genesis to the mansion. This also alerted Scarlet's sister, Odessa, who also was drawn to the mansion. Odessa and Scarlet greeted each other, while Eva had another dizzy attack, and Genesis helped her lie down.

After that Genesis left, while Nemesis decided to pick out Eva as a Corrupted. She took her to the council, where she was tortured, until they finally extracted the microchip in Eva's skull. Raowan as there, and he told Eva to run, which she did. Eva was attacked by a robot on the way out, until she left the chambers and found that she was no longer in the perfect world, instead in a hard wasteland filled with rows and rows of people standing in line with blank faces. The robot followed and Eva dived into one of the rows.

Meanwhile, Nemisis delivered Raowans body in the perfect world, and found Odessa and Scarlet watching over Odessa's body. She attacked both of them, and Odessa fought back, landing a blow on the robot and cracking the robot's back. Scarlet fled into the barren world. Genesis showed up, told Odessa to get to safety, which she did. Odessa then left the perfect world herself.

Scarlet, remembering the barren world, found a very large mallet left by her sister. She picked it up and started heading home, only to find a robot attempting to kill Eva. Scarlet snuck up on it and bashed it over the head, which destroyed it.

Eva and Scarlet recognized each other, and Scarlet offered to take Eva to safety. Eva agreed, and Scarlet helped Eva until they reached the West faction of the resistance. They took them both in, and Eva had her wounds treated and started feeling depressed. Scarlet made some food and brought it to Eva, and Devon, a resistance member, offered to give Eva another microchip. Eva and scarlet then both took some showers and accepted some clean clothes from Devon, and Scarlet offered to take Eva to the Northwest faction. Eva accepted the michrochip and the trip to Northwest, and then they both got to sleep. Eva re-entered the perfect world thanks to the microchip, where she told Raowan that she only sought the truth now, before waking up and returning to the barren world's reality.

Odessa showed up in a pickup truck, and they both climbed in, And odessa has been telling Eva about the factions as Scarlet has been observing the changed to the barren world's reality.

Wooo. Wall o' text.))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 pm
Leiara sat there for what seemed like days, holding her smooth, marble like skin, thinking about anything and almost everything that came to mind. Of course there was the usual, "This world is almost perfect." or "How come each and every person think differently?" themes came to mind. She finally lifted her face, squinting at the now highly risen sun, and pushed her legs forward and arms back to rest on them.

"Better be going now. ." I can't stop thinking about how I always sit there. I should practically initial my name in the grass since no one else seems to go there. I always rehears that in my head. Strange? Not really. Or so, i don't think it is.

She pushed herself up with her frail arms and straightened her back and lifted herself off the ground. Her feet were a little numb for sitting too long, but her stomach urged her feet to deal with the prickly sensation. She turned her back away from the sun, feeling the warmth caress her back and cast a shadow infront of her. Leiara smiled abit, waving to the shadow and then slowly walking towards it with every good intention. But the shadow took steps back just as she stepped forward, Typical. She thought before taking her attention off the shadow and straight towards the bustling city. Her white gown somewhat glowed, like her skin. Some say she's an angel, some say she's a goddess, but to her, she was just as average as the next person. The only difference was that she glowed a little and had bright, yet warm pink hair to match.

CherishTheLostMemories

CrypticCat

Familiar Informer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:00 am
[[ ... I am so confused right now... and JEEZ this RP moves fast, I've never seen so much happen in 11 pages! XD ]]

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff