Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
History of Magic I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

I don't have to pay attention; I'm a genius

Anthony made his way into the class, probably with the happiest grin on his face that he could muster up. He honestly didn't feel like going to history, probably because he knew almost everything about it already, and today's lesson was no different than any ther school he had been in, boring and uneventful. He hoped today's lesson would surprise him, but to no avail, that did not happen. He really wondered if this history teacher would ever surprise him, but he honestly doubted it to the high degree.

He sat down in a seat and looked around at the conversing adolescents and grinned, knowing that probably all of them lacked the brain capacity he had concealed within him. Nobody actually knew him, or how smart he was. He wondered if any could challenge him, but a particular blonde girl came into sight, Veronica was her name. She was a Ravenclaw and had to have that same mental capacity, or at least close. He hoped she did at least. But he didn't know if pursuing woman at the age of 11 was a great idea after all.

Really? Spell that for me

User ImagexxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:55 am
We're going at it tonight, tonight
There's a party on the rooftop top of the world
Tonight, tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign
I don't know if I'll make it but watch how good I'll fake it
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight

𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke User Image
𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯, 𝔊𝔯𝔶𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔯
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

With a soft wrinkle of her nose, her smile grew wider at the recognition of surprise that had suddenly spurred forth from his features—it only made her want to laugh. She had gotten that bout of reaction before, especially from the older wizards she had come into contact with, and it never got tiring. ”Yup, yup, I have to say it’s gotta be my favorite kind of music—heheh—and I’ve never been able to understand it either, but it always boosts my mood. I didn’t think I’d find anyone in Hogwarts who listens to rap,

“Whose your favorite artist?”

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ History of Magic
---------- with Cameron
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 am

Cameron Rowley
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
If I Was Your Boyfriend..
I'd never let you go.

Cameron smirked. "I didn't think I'd find a girl who listens to rap," he said after she made the comment. Favorite artist? The boy couldn't choose just one rapper. After a moment of thinking, he decided he'd tell her a few of his favorites. "I really like Eminem and Drake," he admitted. Hopefully, Cersei wouldn't judge his taste in music through those artists if she didn't enjoy them.

wearing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:05 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes examining the room as he steps up to the board to write something in large letters before placing the chalk down and standing before the class.

Professor Powell
History Of Hogwarts

"Hello class, and welcome back. Today, we're going to go over the history of Hogwarts."

"Hogwarts was founded in the ninth to tenth century by its founders, Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. They came together to build the school due to increased suspicion of muggles and magic, and wanted to teach students without fear of prosecution. However, not all of them agreed on which students should be accepted into the school. Salazar Slytherin wanted to only admit purebloods, which was at odds with the other founders. He left the school, and never returned.

"Hogwarts was one of the finest institutes for magical learning by the thirteenth century, and together with Durmstrang and Beauxbatons, started the Triwizard Tournament. However, due to injuries and deaths resulting from the tournament, it was disbanded six centuries after it started. There have been many attempts to reinstate it, but none have been successful.

"More recently, the school has been the site for many different incidents in the last century. It was here that Voldemort learned his magic, and here that Harry Potter defeated him in the Battle for Hogwarts. It has also been the site for the most recent attempt for the Triwizard Tournament, and obviously remains a major school for magic today."

He looked about the class. "Now I know that some of you may have questions, so don't hesitate to ask. I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability."

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: Um, yeah, family issues came up. Sorry this post is so late, and sorry I didn't reply to anyone. >_<;
----------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 pm
Draoran Blackstone
First Year Ravenclaw
Halfblood
User Image

Mood: interested
Who am I with?: students

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Drae had walked into class. He now sat with his chin on his book, but he was listening attentively. The Slytherin guy must not have been too committed if he quit so early on, he thought.

Artemis
Friends: Raiden, Caitlin
User Image

((OOC.... ))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:07 pm
Lorelai Brookwater
1st Year Gryffindor
Pureblood without prejudice

User Image

Who am I with?: students (Where am I: class (What am I doing?: asking a question (How do I feel?: interested
What am I thinking?: Triwizard tournament? (Who are my friends?: Anneliese, Dominic, Richard (Who Do I love?: No one

Driftwood wand with a Peacock Feather Core

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lore sat with her arms crossed over the table. She listened with great care, and when the time came for asking questions, she raised her hand.
"Excuse me Sir, can you tell us more about the TriWizard tournament, or is that in a later lesson?"

Oh Have some Heart and Hold it to your chest...
((OOC~~ ))
I spent my time watching
the spaces that had grown between us
And I cut my mind on second best
the scars that come with the greeness

Kai Sparrowheart

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Cameron Rowley
First Year: Gryffindor

User Image
I'd never let you go.

Cameron listened to the lesson carefully. This was where he'd learn what he needed to know about Hogwarts. Voldemort, he repeated in his head. Some students told him about who Voldemort was, but he never got the fully detailed story. The first year didn't know whether he should ask about him, or about Harry Potter. He didn't know anything about the Boy Who Lived.

wearing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 pm
User Image
𝕵ɑɳεℓℓε ץɗε
𝕱iʀsҭ 𝔜εɑʀ
𝕲ʀץ𝔣𝔣iɳɗoʀ

Hyde walked into the class and choose a seat next to a fellow Gryffindor boy, giving him a friendly nod in greeting. She hadn't talked to him at all but she'd seen him around and he looked like a nice kid. Hopefully he didn't mind a stranger sitting by him. She carefully took notes on everything the professor said. She didn't know much about this school so she forced herself to pay extra attention even though this class wasn't particularly interesting to her.

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Cameron Rowley
First Year: Gryffindor

User Image
I'd never let you go.

When Janelle sat next to him, Cameron returned the greeting with a smile. He had sat near her in several classes, and he has seen her around the school and the common room; however, the two haven't spoken one word to each other. At least, not yet.

wearing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:09 pm

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Tobyn Jackson
First Year Gryffindor

╚══════════════╝

Tobyn groaned inwardly when he heard what they to be studying today. He probably should have just ditched today's lesson. This wasn't any new information to him and he assumed most of the other students already knew this as well. Unless they were muggle-born. Well he was here now and there wasn't much he could do besides try to make it through. Placing his head in the palm of his hand he stared forward and tried to pretend to be at least interested in the lesson.

User Image

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:50 am
We're going at it tonight, tonight
There's a party on the rooftop top of the world
Tonight, tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign
I don't know if I'll make it but watch how good I'll fake it
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight

𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke User Image
𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯, 𝔊𝔯𝔶𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔯
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

Skipping to class with a grin on her lips, Cersei plopped herself down in a seat beside Tobyn, she offered him a ginger smile and enthusiastic greeting as she withdrew parchment and quill from her bag and began to copy the days lesson, most of which, she had already known, so the basis of her notes was a composition of cut off words, and fragmented sentences. All the same, though, it really only is for her eyes. At the notion of the Tri-Wizard Tournament, a mischievous smile fluttered to her lips as she listened close to what the professor might say.

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ History of Magic Class
---------- with Tobyn
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 pm
Cause she's just like the weather, can't hold her together

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin First Year
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wearing
Mood: Wary
Thoughts: Here comes the "why Slytherins are so evil" questions.
With: First Years
Friends: Cloe, Eoin, Sparrow, and MinKi

Marina braced herself. She knew all about wizarding history; the Aldreds had not neglected to inform their daughter of the history of her world.To her it was one long tragic tale of government corruption, unchallenged prejudice, and media propaganda. Of course that had eased since Voldemort had been defeated, but she knew that she was seen as the enemy by some of her classmates, either because she was in Slytherin, or because she was a halfblood. She couldn't seem to please anyone. And now the history would be revealed, all the crimes members of her house had committed, every misdeed. She'd received her share of dirty looks, either for being the "poor halfblood" or the "Slytherin snob". And she was fed up with it. She was fed up with being the bad guy, with being blamed for things she didn't do, for prejudices she didn't have. But the worst part, she reflected inwardly, was that she had been sorted into a house with people who held the same views as those who had brought so much pain and misery to her parents. It made her skin crawl. It would have been easier to hate herself, to hate her house, if everyone was like that. But there were good people in Slytherin. She was forced to remember the Slytherins who had fought off that boggart that attacked her, their urge to defend their own. Of MinKi's calming silence, and unprejudiced gaze. Of Michelle's bravery, standing up for a friend being mocked. So a little part of Marina was proud to be in Slytherin, despite what anyone else had to say.

"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical,"

Born from dark water, daughter of the rain and snow

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:47 pm
With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

|||Slytherin|||Pureblood|||First Year|||

User Image User Image
Michelle edged her way into class, late once again. It was something that had become quite a norm for her. She spotted Marina, who happened to be one of the tolerable Slytherins and slid into the seat next to her. "History of Hogwarts?" She whispered to herself. She shook her head, wrinkling her nose. Not something she was at all interested in. She of course knew the basics of Hogwarts, and the rest she didn't care about. It was just a school after all.
User Image
OOC:...

Love interest: No One
When you walk away
Nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives

Picture perfect, that's what it seems
They've got this whole thing figured out,
We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?
Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

GRACIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw|||Half blood|||First Year|||

User Image
Gracie sauntered into class right as the professor began speaking. She simply slipped into a seat next to Tobyn. She hadn't met him before but he was a Gryffindor and that interested her. She had after all wanted to be a Gryffindor. "Hello."

Love interest: Jack

The days are fading
Like they're one in the same
Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:08 am
Cause she's just like the weather, can't hold her together

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin First Year
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wearing
Mood: Neutral
Thoughts: Hm?
With: Michelle
Friends: Cloe, Eoin Sparrow, and MinKi

Marina turned as Michelle sat down next to her, a bit confused about her blond housemate's actions. She had thought Michelle disliked her. Michelle, did, after all seem to dislike most of her housemates the exception perhaps being that older prefect Nott, the tall fifth year who gave off a creepy, dangerous vibe. Well, whatever. She gave the girl a small smile, whispered a hello, and turned her attention back to the professor.

"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical"

Born from dark water, daughter of the rain and snow

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:03 pm
With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

|||Slytherin|||Pureblood|||First Year|||

User Image User Image
Michelle gave Marina a half smile and started doodling on her parchment. It wasn't that she disliked Marina, she just didn't particularly like her either. But she didn't particularly like anyone really besides, Ada. Many of the people intrigued her, but that was different from like. "This is such an exciting lesson don't you think?" She asked Marina sarcastically.
User Image

Love interest: No One
When you walk away
Nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash