Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:03 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic: Friday - (10:00am to 10:45am)

David looked over at Xavier and smiled. Shayna might be right he was in a rather awkward situation. “Yeah… quite possible… maybe...” he said still unsure about what they were going on about. ‘Cake… pudding… I don’t get it…’ David gave up it was too much with their luck Gryffindor was going to start the year off with lose of points just because they weren’t paying attention. Like they really needed to end their first week on a bad note…

Just then David watching as Shayna took her camera and snapped some pictures of the scene going on. Then without any warning David got his picture taken. “Hey!” he said playfully with a smile on his face. “Guess I am getting my picture taken.” He added happily. It was a good day when you got your picture taken by your girlfriend.

With: Second years... Shayna

Quidditch Position: Seeker
List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:01 am
User Image
User Image

☀☀☀ The stubbornness I had as a child has been transmitted into perseverance. I can let go but I don't give up. I don't beat myself up about negative things ☁☁☁
☛☛☛ Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate ☚☚☚

Xavier swallowed, slightly inching away from his seat. Following Tobi and Luke's continuous funny chat. He snickered, though tried his hardest to not. Even though he was tad awkward right now, you gotta admit, it was really funny. He cleared his throat later, then checked his bag for a history book. He placed the book down on his desk, his fingers following the sentences he was reading as he rested his chin on hand. Reading, a simple question came up in his mind: 'Why am I so unlucky in the first week of classes?' A sigh came out of the brunette's lips, then heard a flash behind him. He turned around, seeing Shayna taking photos of the little act Luke and Tobi were doing. He saw David smile at him, so he replied with a smile. ' They must have realized that I'm in a not-so-good situation. He shook his head at the thought, just focusing on the book he was reading. Right now, all of his attention was on the book. It might be fine for him to miss the scene that was happening beside him since.....well he wouldn't be noticed. For him, it still might be better to avoid Luke and his gang at all costs. So that at least bad trouble won't appear.

►►► Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness ◄◄◄
☣☣☣ You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life ☢☢☢

Mᴏᴏᴅ : Nervous, and a lil bit Worried
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ: Just read and nothing bad will happen
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Reading
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : History of Magic Class ( 10:00 - 10:45 am )
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Second Years, Professor Powell

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:30 am

User Image
User Image

✿✿✿ Serafina realized that Shayna, her Ravenclaw friend, had sat beside her and David. " Good morning Shayna, David~~ " she greeted, waving at the couple with a smile. " So, did they notice yet? The relationship between you two, I mean, " she whispered, knowing that only the two can hear her. When she expected a reply, she looked at David first, only to see that his attention was elsewhere. Curious, she looked at where his eyes gazed to see three Gryffindors and a Hufflepuff laughing. She never found it quite odd, but it look like in the trio, she's the only one thinking like that. ' What is up with them? ' she heard David ask. Brown eyes looked between the group laughing, and David. Why? What's wrong with that? Little while later, Shayna also noticed that laughing 'peers'. She nodded at her, but the last part of the sentence rang curiosity to the brunette. Xavier needs some help? Why? She looked at the Nicholson, who was reading peacefully. ' Nothings happening. It doesn't look like he was getting bullied , ' she thought, furrowing her brows. Flash! Flash! Hearing the flashes of a camera, Serafina spun around, her hair bouncing to the other side. Looks like Shayna's taking pictures of the scene in front of them, then took a picture of David. The male teased his girlfriend, laughing happily. " Awwww, how cute. " She covered her mouth as soon as she realized that she said that out loud. " Ah! I'm sorry. Oh my God I killed the mood, " she blushed, covering up her face. It was just like the time when David asked Shayna to take their relationship to a whole new level. She shook her head as soon as she calmed down. " Umm, I'm confused about the 'Xavier help' thing. Nothing bad is happening to him right now. Did I miss something? " ✿✿✿

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Curious
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Asking why

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ : Did something happen when I wasn't paying attention?

Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Second Years , Professor Powell

Out Of Cookies:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:57 am
User Image

User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. I'm pretty sure that there are some floating about in your heads, and I have no problem answering them."

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:04 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Gryffindor/Second Year/Single/Pureblood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: The class

User Image

Sitting quietly, Yvette scrawled down a few notes while she listened. When the Professor was finished, she raised her hand quietly. ".. Have there been any other prominent wand makers in Britain? And what is the rarest kind of wand ever produced?" Simple curiosities, but she felt that they deserved an answer.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:02 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic: Friday - (10:00am to 10:45am)

Yet another boring history class… at least they were learning something new this time not that it was any better. David walked in he took a seat in the back so that he could sleep through well… all of it. Wands… wands what did he know about them? Nothing except that they were like specially made and had feelings. At least that was what he was told when he got his wand for first year.

‘Ollivander… they used to make wands…’ David thought. If he was correct his parents would have gotten there wands from the Ollivander family. That was his guess anyways. Yvette’s question made him wonder about something. One of the most powerful wands was known was the elder wand. Not much was understood about the wand or where it was today but it was a fascinating wand none the less.

David decided he might as well ask a question for once in history class and make it look like he was interested. “Um… when did the last Ollivander stop selling wands?” he asked curiously.

With: Second years...

Quidditch Position: Seeker
List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:23 pm
User Image
TwelveRavenclawMuggle~BornSingleWearing
I am With: {HoM Class}
I Feel: {Curious}
I Am: {Asking questions}

Lyre scribbled notes in her notebook, paying close attention. When he said "feel free to ask questions," her hand shot up. Once called upon, she started. "Where did Garrick go? Did he die? Who made my wand? How does someone even make a wand? How does someone remember every wand he ever sold? That's improbable!" Most of the words had spilled out before she could stop them, but once her stream had finished, she closed her mouth with a small click.

{OoC:}

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:30 pm
User Image
Night Yamamoto

"Just how bad were the quality of the wands before the Ollivander family came along?" Night found himself ask. Much to his chagrin, the boy couldn't comprehend just how Britain's wizard ancestors delt with it. Well, mostly because he wasn't alive then and nobody really clarified on how it was with magic back then.

Well all need someone to rely on. That's why I'm here.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:32 pm
User Image

✿ Autumn Henrick ✿

Hufflepuff || Second Year

Autumn furiously took notes on the Ollivander's family, as detailed as possible. But each time Autumn opened her mouth to ask a question, someone else pipped up with the same, if not similar questions, and the girl found herself retreating back to her notes. After several tries, the Hufflepuff gave up and simply sat there, listening to others' questions and the professor's answers.

It's okay to be scared. Just don't let those fears hold back your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:37 am
User Image
User Image

☀☀☀ The stubbornness I had as a child has been transmitted into perseverance. I can let go but I don't give up. I don't beat myself up about negative things ☁☁☁
☛☛☛ Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate ☚☚☚

Xavier started taking down notes, trying to stop yawning. For some reason, he found the topic for today rather....boring. He always found History interesting, but now...Awww man. He tapped his fingers on the desk, the only thing he was curious about the topic is that who made the wands after Ollivander, who made the ones before the Ollivanders came, and how to make wands. That's all. He didn't care for all the other things. He ducked himself on his desk, then secretly ate some chocolate frogs. Maybe that'll relieve his boredom.

►►► Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness ◄◄◄
☣☣☣ You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life ☢☢☢

Mᴏᴏᴅ : Bored
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ: Mmmm Chocolate frogs
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Secrelt Eating
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Second Years, Professor Powell

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Nekomancer1

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:29 am

User Image
Sebastian Harrison
Second Year
Pure Blood

Sebastian can into the class room and took a set next to Xavier. "Sup" he said quietly as he took out his note book. Carefully he listened to the lesson. He tried to stay awake he really did, but wands didn't really capture his attention. He leaned back in his chair looking up at the celling. Finally the teacher finished lecturing. Sebastian had to the urge to ask the teacher why this was even useful to learn.

(OOC~)

"You suppose you are the trouble
But you are the cure
You suppose that you are the lock on the door
But you are the key that opens it
It's too bad that you want to be someone else
You don't see your own face, your own beauty
Yet, no face is more beautiful than yours."

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:20 pm
User Image
☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽

I knew you were trouble when you walked in,
So shame on me now,
Flew me to places I've never been,
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground.

I am Twelve years old, a Second Year Reserver Seeker and a Ravenclaw student. I am a half-blood standing with History of Magic II students on Friday between 10 and 10:45 and wondering Pay attention Shayna!.

User Image

Shayna smiled and nodded."Yes you are getting your picture taken! And they were making Xavier feel awkward."She giggled at the thought of David's friend Xavier needing any help at all.

Next week, Shayna came in happy as always and sat imbetween the two again. She hadn't minded last week when Serafina had said So cute. She had agreed happily. Taking out her notes, she took down all that was said, and listened to many many questions being asked. Wow there were alot.

(O.o.C.)

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Murruelecreuset

IceGrayWolf

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 am

User Image
User Image

✿✿✿ Serafina walked to History Class, curious on what topic they were gonna learn this day. As she walked past a few seats, she noticed that many of them were sleepy, terribly sleepy. As she placed her bag on her seat, she first took out her notebook, then looked at the board. Ollivander? Weren't they the ones that made wands back then? As she listened to their questions, she wrote them all down, one by one.All of the questions had a wide space beneath them, just in case the answer would actually be really long. She saw Shayna, and gave her a wave, smiling at her as brown eyes shiner bright. Whenever she and david are together, it was always interesting. Mhm. ✿✿✿

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Curious
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Writing down notes

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ : Oh well, what scene would happen this time?

Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Second Years , Professor Powell

Out Of Cookies:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:05 pm
User Image
User Image
✰ Single ✰ Second Year ✰ Hufflepuff ✰ Orphan ✰ Pureblood ✰

✰ Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky like shooting stars? ✰

`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*

ᙅᴀιи sat in his seat and began the note taking process. This all seemed interesting, wand making and such. He remembered that he had to steal a lot of wallets to be able to pay for his wand, not to mention his sisters' wands. "How much did wands cost back then, compared to how much they cost now?" was all he could think of for a question. It would work, right?

`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*

✰ I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now ✰

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:08 pm
User Image
User Image
Single Second Year Hufflepuff Halfblood

❝Heart beats fast... Colors and promises... How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?❞

Iяɪs flopped in her seat next to Autumn. She was exhausted, for the girl had spent the night reviewing for this class. She had heard whispers of a popquiz in History of Magic, but she had not heard which year it had been that would be having the quiz, so she had stayed up all night reading the chapter at least three times. Turns out, there was no quiz, only a cruel joke of a fake quiz. Iris collapsed onto her desk, sprawling her arms out and seemingly playing dead.

❝But watching you stand alone? All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow... One step closer...❞

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff