Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Legend of the Five Rings - Time for War Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:33 pm
Rain Yupa
I have you at 123. 36 for traits, 44 for class skills, 8 for emphases, 33 for other skills, 10 for advantages, -8 for disadvantages.

Ummm....Rain? I have 5 rings at 3, of which only one was free.
Unless, of course, you're still trying to tell me that I get the Suzume family bonus without being a Suzume.

Depending on your answer, I'm either 2 over or 2 under. x.e  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:22 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Rain Yupa
I have you at 123. 36 for traits, 44 for class skills, 8 for emphases, 33 for other skills, 10 for advantages, -8 for disadvantages.

Ummm....Rain? I have 5 rings at 3, of which only one was free.
Unless, of course, you're still trying to tell me that I get the Suzume family bonus without being a Suzume.

Depending on your answer, I'm either 2 over or 2 under. x.e

Rain Yupa
Page 79. "There are two types of ronin characters: clan ronin and true ronin. Clan ronin were once members of a Great Clan or Minor Clan, but either left or were cast out. They are created as if you were making a character from that clan, complete with a family benefit."

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:53 pm
Since I'm assuming Rain means I get the Family bonus, I've spent the 2 points that I had extra.

x.e Now to give Shou a voice and a story.

Still pondering whether to roll for Heritage or not...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:42 pm
STEP 2

Okay, everyone has turned in sheets. Now for a little exercise in NPC creation.

I'm going to give you all a list of questions. Each of you has to answer three of them. You may only answer one at a time until all seven have been answered, then you can answer your second, and so on for your third. No question can be answered more than once (effectively eliminating it from the list).

You will be listing three people that you know, NPC-wise. When I use the term "samurai", I mean a Great Clan samurai by default. Ronin or Minor Clansmen will be specifically asked for in the list. The profession of the NPC does not matter unless the question specifically asks for it - if it does, assume that it is for a Great Clan samurai.

You are not being asked to make a character sheet for that person - instead, give me a brief description of who they are, and how they are significant to your character. You may only post a relation to you, not to any other PCs. If you want to come up with a brief mechanical description too, feel free (i.e., "Heavy Weapons more than 5" or "Has the Missing Limb disadvantage," et cetra).

Without further ado:

Quote:
  • Describe a samurai that you're in love with.
  • Describe a samurai who's in love with you.
  • Describe a samurai who's a trusted friend.
  • Describe a samurai with a fairly low-cost Dark Secret.
  • Describe a courtier that you're on good terms with.
  • Describe a bushi that you're indebted to.
  • Describe a shugenja who you've stolen from.
  • Describe a monk who you've angered.
  • Describe a ronin you've crossed paths with many times.
  • Describe a very famous samurai.

• Describe a very infamous samurai.
  • Describe a samurai who frightens you.
  • Describe a samurai who's very frightened of you.
  • Describe an imperial who you get on the nerves of.
  • Describe a bushi who's tainted.
  • Describe a courtier who has an addiction.
  • Describe a shugenja who's very sick.
  • Describe a monk who's very unstable.
  • Describe a ronin who's very honorable.
  • Describe a peasant who's more than he seems.

• Describe a samurai who's "too" lucky.
  • Describe a minor clan samurai with lots of scars.
  • Describe an imperial who's in over his/her head.
  • Describe a bushi who wields an unusual weapon.
  • Describe a courtier who has an unusual mannerism.
  • Describe a shugenja who has an unusual spell.
  • Describe a monk who has an unusual item.
  • Describe a ronin who has an unusual companion.
  • Describe a samurai who you are sure will betray you all.
  • Describe a samurai who's a relative of yours that you haven't seen in ages.

• Describe a samurai who's a master of something.
  • Describe a samurai with a Different School.
  • Describe a samurai with an advantage not typical to his Clan.
  • Describe a samurai with a disadvantage not typical to his Clan.
  • Describe a minor clan samurai who's never known conflict.
  • Describe a samurai just out of his gempukku.
  • Describe a samurai one day before retirement.
  • Describe a bushi with nothing to live for.
  • Describe a courtier with nothing to gain.
  • Describe a shugenja with nothing to say.

• Describe a monk with nothing to lose.
  • Describe a ronin with nothing.
  • Describe a yojimbo that has lost his/her charge.
  • Describe a samurai who thinks he's/she's in command.
  • Describe an imperial who knows more than he/she lets on.
  • Describe a samurai that always seems happy. Always.
  • Describe a samurai who's very bloodthirsty.
  • Describe a samurai who won't talk of his/her past.
  • Describe a samurai who shares a favorite hobby with you.
  • Describe a samurai who has a very humble background.

Kuni Tsuneo
  • Otomo Otsune (Otomo Courtier, Courtier, Deceit, Cruel, Allies, Allies, Allies, Allies, Allies)
  • Asahina Heizo (Asahina Shugenja, Storytelling, Etiquette, Poison, Deceit, Tea Ceremony, Lore: Kolat, Inheritance: Jade Statue, Crafty, Allies, Servant: Personal Attendant, Higher Purpose)
  • Hida Yugoro, (Hiruma Scout/Hida Bushi, Heavy Weapons, Stealth, Lore: Shadowlands, Large, Quick, Deathseeker, Lost Love)

Matsu Harumoro
  • Ikoma Minato (Ikoma Omoidasu, Storytelling, Lore: Heraldry, Lore: Bushido, Courtier, Know the School: Lion, Allies, Wary, Bland, Driven, Small)
  • Soshi Yukino (Shosuro Actor, Acting, Storytelling, War Fans, Sleight of Hand, Bad Fortune, Blackmail, Ambidextrous, Combat Reflexes, Ascetic, Epilepsy
  • Hotetsu (Militant Shugena, Spellcraft, Theology, Meditation, Hunting, Courtier, Jealousy, Driven, Missing Eye, Higher Purpose, Gaijin Gear: Spellbook, Absolute Direction)

Shou
  • Moshi Rie (Moshi Shugenja, Craft: Fishing, Spellcraft, Etiquette, Instruction, Theology, Hunting, Dangerous Beauty, Blessing of Water, Fukurokujin's Blessing, Meddler, Fascination: Fishing)
  • Ikoma Gesshin (Ikoma Omoidasu/Ikoma Herald, Kenjutsu, Deceit, Cruel, Insensitive, Brash, Hotei's Blessing)
  • Kakita Naomi (Kakita Duelist, Acting, Calligraphy, Iaijutsu, Deceit, Tea Ceremony, Storytelling, Dangerous Beauty, Benten's Blessing, Read Lips, Voice, Bad Reputation, Compulsion: Shou, Phobia: Rejection, Brash)

Moto Rais
  • Mirumoto Nobusuke (Mirumoto Bushi, Iaijutsu, Artisan: Tattooing, Artisan: Painting, Storytelling, Commerce, Way of the Land: Moto Lands, Strength of the Earth, Inheritance: Tattooing set, Wealthy, Greedy, Forsaken, Sworn Enemy, Nemesis)
  • Yasuki Tamiko (Yasuki Courtier, Heavy Weapons, Underworld, Commerce, Courtier, Permanent Wound, Compulsion: Opium, Weakness: Willpower, Strength of the Earthx3)
  • Moto Shikuge (Moto Bushi, Kenjutsu, Etiquette, Meditation, Battle, Bishamon's Blessing, Death Trance, Overconfident, Shadowlands Taint, True Love)

Bayushi Juri
  • Utaku Dayu (Ide Emissary, Courtier, Etiquette, Deceit, Iaijutsu, Stealth, Crafty, Benten's Blessing, Social Position, Lechery OR True Love?)
  • Yogo Mai (Soshi Shugenja, Deceit, Etiquette, Tea Ceremony, Artisan: Magic, Dangerous Beauty, Perceived Honor, Benten's Blessing, Obligation, True Love)
  • Yotsu Taro (Ronin Yojimbo, Defense, Etiquette, Kenjutsu, Lore: Bushido, Balance, Higher Purpose, Irreproachable, Dark Fate)

Tsuruchi Hana
  • Isawa Nanase (Isawa Shugenja, Divination, Battle, Lore: History, Meditation, Lore: Astronomy, Ishiken-Do, Forbidden Knowledge, Bad Health, Dark Fate)
  • Mukuro (?, Peasant Weapons, Etiquette, ?, ?, ?, ?, Dark Secret, Great Destiny, ?)
  • Yoritomo Tako (Yoritomo Courtier, Peasant Weapons, Sleight of Hand, Iaijutsu, Courtier, Deceit, Crafty, Great Potential: Sleight of Hand, Combat Reflexes, Precise Memory, Daredevil, Jealousy, Unlucky x3)

Utaku Ayano
  • Utaku Takito (Utaku Infantry, Animal Handling, Stealth, Unlucky, Dark Secret, Coward)
  • Suzume Mase (Suzume Bushi, Animal Handling, Craft: Ropework, Hunting, Divination, Dangerous Beauty, Way of the Land: Sparrow Lands, Voice, Bitter Betrothal, Obligation) DEAD
  • Moto Tami (Usagi Bushi, Athletics, Horsemanship, Kenjutsu, Spellcraft (Maho), Investigation, Daredevil, Dangerous Beauty, +Glory, Allies, Bad Fortune, Compulsion: Take Risks, Overconfident

Asako Ginjou
  • Asako Yurika (Asako Courtier, Courtier, Lore: Heraldry, Lore: History, Underworld, Stealth, Servant: Spy, Inheritance: Gi, Forbidden Knowledge: Ninja Lore, Dark Secret, Fascination: Ancestry, Meddler)
  • Tonbo Miroku (Ronin Warrior, Kenjutsu, Defense, Spellcraft, Divination, Heart of Vengeance: Lion, Quick Healer, Balance, Dark Fate
  • Daidoji Shun'ichi (Daidoji Yojimbo, Chain Weapons, Etiquette, Perform: Kata, Iaijutsu, Combat Reflexes, Perceived Honor, Hotei's Blessing, Haunted, Obligation, Bitter Betrothal

Mirumoto Genjo
  • Otomo Toju (Otomo Courtier, Battle, Artisan: Bonsai, Etiquette, NO COURTIER, Know the School: Crane, Tactician, Great Potential: Battle, Small, Coward, Soft-Hearted, Fascination: Bonsai)
  • Hida Makiko (Hida Bushi, Heavy Weapons, Lore: Heraldry, Lore: Shadowlands, Instruction, Strength of the Earth MAX, Missing Eye, True Love)
  • Utaku Umiko (Utaku Bushi, Battle, Horsemanship, Kenjutsu, Iaijutsu, Courtier, Social Position, Sacred Weapon, Wealthy, Allies, Bad Fortune, Dark Fate, Spoiled, Overconfident

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:10 pm
Question 1: Describe a samurai who's very frightened of you.

During her childhood, Ayamo frequently lived among the Utaku steeds, and would often spend cold nights sleeping beside them, or nearby on piles of hay. There was nowhere more comforting than beside her trusted Hira. Even the warmth of a man seemed cold in comparison. It was one night when she was two years past her gempukku that she was sleeping at the feet of Hira.

One of the young groomsmen walked in, Utaku Takito. He was a tall, broad shouldered boy even then, only 17 years old. He had spent many years looking after the great steeds, and he respected them, just as much as he found the women of the clan intimidating when riding them. Not knowing that Ayamo lay in one of the stalls, he began to speak of his troubles to one of the horses. He loved one of the Battle Maidens, but knew that she was destined to marry someone from a more important path.

Time passed by, and the next day Ayamo approached him. Speaking as if she knew of his troubles. As if her steed had spoken to about it. Not knowing his place to speak on the matter, he froze, and ever since he has been fearful of her.

Little does Ayamo know that she was the girl he was professing his love for. Ah, young love, huh.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:24 pm
Quote:
Describe a courtier you are on good terms with.

Ikoma Minato has been described as a plain, runty, slip of a Lion, but she pays no mind to this. Many people are more willing to talk to what they see as a little brown-haired girl than a fierce, intimidating Matsu.

Minato does her best to gain a full understanding of her charges, so that she may insure that her tales may properly display the full majesty of their subject. Harumoro has been very helpful in this regard. His training in the Soshi school allows him to observe people in situations that Minato might not have been privy to before.

The bard is careful not to ask for too many favors this way and is mostly satisfied in knowing if her charges are truly honorable or not. Minato was burned badly when it was revealed that one of her charges was really a fool, a rake, and an imbecile. She will not embarrass herself or her school again. Her honor is meaningless next to the Ikoma School. For Harumoro's part, he has yet to ask for any favors back from his wife's cousin.

Mechanically, Minato has the following traits: Small, Bland, Driven (glorify honorable samurai through her stories)  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:40 pm
Question (1): Describe a samurai that you're in love with.
Juri is a.... less than faithful wife, and has fallen in love with a lovely Samurai of her age from the Unicorn clan. Utaku Dayu. He's not one of the esteemed Bezerkers of his family school, and instead is a well mannered and well cultured Ide Emissary. They met during a short respite in her husband's hometown, and they... hit it off fairly quickly. Since then, they've snuck together several times, and her heart belongs to him rather than her husband, and she believes he shares the feelings.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 pm
Question 1: Describe a Shugenja who's very sick.

Isawa Nanase is old, which is not an uncommon event for an Isawa of the Ishiken-do. But even the masters of void can reach a limit, or simply run out of luck. For Nanase it could very well be both. Or neither. Nobody really knows. What they do know is that she has fallen deathly ill, and neither kami nor medicine has helped her. Most of her colleagues would say "It is fate", but for a certain Mantis to whom that very woman's Grand Prophecy of fate defined an entire life (for good or for ill), well... it was a fate that Mantis was not yet willing to accept.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:51 pm
Question 1 :: Describe a samurai who shares a favorite hobby with you.

After Shou left to journey on as a Ronin, he traveled to many lands. One such land was that of the Mantis.
Though Shou had no money to actually travel to the islands, he was able to make the acquaintance of of the Mantis samurai.

That Mantis was a shugenja by the name of Moshi Rie. She was a beautiful woman that was waiting for a boat to take her back to the islands. While waiting, she asked Shou if he had ever fished before. He mentioned that he had only had the chance to fish at rivers and lakes, never the ocean, but still loved the battle between self and fish.

Rie told Shou that her wish was for someone to do what she has no time to do anymore. To fish for the love of fishing. She told him about how she was particularly in tune with the call of the waves and how fishing helped her keep in harmony with the water kami.

Just before leaving on the boat, she paused to mention that the kami appear to like Shou. She told him to never fear the kami, because they will help those who follow the path of good.

Shou thanked her for her words, but wondered the meaning of them.
Later that day, he went fishing.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 am
#1 Describe an imperial who you get on the nerves of.

During the winter courts a woman by the name of Otomo Otsune had sent a request for an extensive report on the amount of cultist incursions through out the empire encountered by Kuni Tsuneo. Tsuneo's superiors received the request and handed it down to Tsuneo who about a day later returned a letter to be sent back. This is what it said,

Quote:
" To Otomo Otsune,

No.

Yours sincerely,
Kuni Tsuneo."

Ever since Otsune has had a small personal vendetta to make Tsuneo's life troublesome. Which is a problem when you consider he rarely spends time in one place and what he calls trouble is usually shadowland filth. Stopping him from doing his job would be aiding enemies of the empire and he doesn't seem to particularly want to climb the social ladder. Otsune is furious that she has trouble affecting Tsuneo's life and that he can make hers harder by refusing to submit reports.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:53 am
Shou has a knack for getting himself in trouble. That's part of the reason he left his clan and family.
This held true even as he was journeying across the land.

Question 2 :: Describe a samurai who's very bloodthirsty.

On one such course of adventure, Shou was traveling along, minding his own business, trying to find a place to stay for the night. He happened to glance over to the side and witnessed a samurai slicing every eta they passed to pieces.

Shou stood on the road, wondering what to do. A Ronin attacking a samurai, even one like this one, was going to get him killed. Something told him that he didn't want to deal with this person anyways.

Unfortunately for Shou, this samurai had other plans. The man, dressed in fine robes tainted with the smell of blood mixed with perfume, went over to the young Ronin. The man was huge in size and stature, standing a good foot over Shou's head.

"You there! What are you doing here?" His voice was wary and a bit hostile. Shou introduced himself to the man and told him that he was trying to find a place to sleep and that he had just come across this little village.

The man introduced himself as Ikoma Gesshin, a Lion courtier that said he was doing some public relations work in the village. He advised Shou not to enter, as the village was still in an uproar and wouldn't take kindly to strangers.

Shou thanked the Ikoma man for his advice and watched the mysterious man's figure disappear into the horizon.
The Ronin kept walking and didn't look back. The last thing he needed was to become the enemy of a courtier.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:18 pm
xX_Terei_Xx

Actually, we need to wait for Psychofish before round 2. ninja  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:27 pm
Rain Yupa
Actually, we need to wait for Psychofish before round 2. ninja

And then there was one  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:45 pm
Don't worry, I sent him a message.

Though, maybe I should just let all of you go ahead and finish your other 2 NPCs? I'm leaving for a few days in less than an hour, so I can potentially have them ready for when I get back?

Originally, I hadn't planned on 50 questions, only 30, so I think there's enough to go around.

Yeah, I retract my original command - though I'd rather not have (thanks a lot, Psychofish): You all can post the rest of your NPCs now, if you'd like.

HOWEVER, I will give you an extra: If anyone's enjoying this, they can create more than the 3, BUT only once everyone has entered 3 NPCs.

Time for dinner!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:28 pm
Question 2:

Describe a samurai just out of her gempukku.
Yogo Mai, is related to Juri by blood, since her father is Juri’s Uncle. Juri’s younger cousin just recently finished her gempukku from the Soshi Senuja school. Quite the gifted illusionist, Mai’s father has actually declined several offers for the young lady’s hand. He would prefer that she perfect her art before becoming burdened with marriage, especially with the curse of the Yogo family running through their veins. Unfortunately, she’s already found love in the hands of an Imperial by the name of Miya Koto, who has yet to finish his gempukku. Due to the curse on her bloodline, she’s destined to eventually betray this poor young man, but such is the consequences of young love.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff