Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:55 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

----------т н ι r d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

Rider walked onto the pitch with her borrowed broom, a small frown on her face as she did. She knew that the kids in the class would know she wasn't there last year and she was slightly embarrassed to be playing catch up. The Professor asked about the position of Beater and Rider remembered the pain in her back and side. She cautiously raised her hand. "They hit bludgers at you and they really hurt." She frowned again, remember Zephyros hitting several at her.

♪ 'Cause I wanna feel the thunder ♫
♪ I wanna scream ♫
♪ I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:22 pm
My God, are we gonna be like our parents?
Not me, not ever, you can keep deceiving yourself.
It's unavoidable, it just happens.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
Walking out into the dark, into the dark...
Going on a different path led by a beating heart...
All the people of the town lash their eyes to the ground.
Forget matters to the heart; the night is all you have;
You ran into the night from all you had.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰᵗʰᶤʳᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander wasn't very interested in today's class, as the only position he was really interested in was his own preferred spot, seeker, but he wanted to do well in Advanced Flying. He rolled his eyes while staring off into the distance at a Hufflepuff's answer- obviously, they really hurt, they were iron balls- before his own hand shot up. "Beaters tend to be built more muscled , especially when it comes to their arms, and they have to have good balance to stay on their brooms while swinging at a bludger." He wished he was more well suited for the position. Being able to beat the hell out of someone from a distance sounded very soothing.

OOC:
Username

Found yourself a path upon the ground,
You ran into the night, you can't be found.
But this is your heart; can you feel it?
Their blood pumps through your veins.
Summer evening, breeze is blue-
Drawing voices deep from you.
On a different path, led by a beating heart,
What a year and what a night!
What terrifying final sight!
Put out your beating heart.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:53 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

"Yes, as a matter of fact bludgers do hurt." Landon replied with a smile. "You are correct Evander. 5 points for each of you." he added before going on. "A beater's job is in fact to hit bludgers at the opposing team to make it more difficult for them as well as to protect their own teammates from incoming bludgers. There are two beaters on each team and they are known to be the one's most hit by bludgers, whether it's by being aimed at or missing their target." Landon explained.

“Now I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit but don’t worry if that happens I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

With: my third year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch. Use the skills you have if you've already applied for them before. If you don't have them click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills. If you have any questions just let me know.

((Targets AC is 12))

SummerIsles
Rider Wilson

The Forgotten Weasley
Evander Lillantine
Prudence Lowery

The Beast and Harlot
Louis Addario

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:58 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon liked what he saw during the last class. They were a good bunch of students. Today they'd be dealing with the snitch an evasive little ball that was down near impossible to see. Landon knew full well that catching the golden ball was a challenge and a real challenge at that. As he waited for his class to arrive he thought about the position they would be going over.

“Good morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class. “The Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. “Now can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

OOC: ---

SummerIsles
Rider Wilson 1/1

The Forgotten Weasley
Evander Lillantine 1/1
Prudence Lowery 0/1

The Beast and Harlot
Louis Addario 0/1

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:43 pm
User Image

♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

Rider walked onto the practice pitch for Advanced Flying II with a spring in her step. Everything seemed to be going her way this week and she was enjoying it. She smiled at the Professor and listened to him talk about what they were learning today. When asked what the seeker was and why they were important, Rider raised her hand. "The seeker has the most important job on the pitch. It's up to them to catch the snitch, which is worth 150 points. It also ends the game. Although, catching the snitch doesn't immediately guarantee a win... People like me at chaser could score more points then the snitch is worth." She blushed a little at the excessive answer and lowered her hand.

♪ I wanna scream ♫

{...}

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:37 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon was excited for this lesson. Why? Because he was teaching his third years how to play the position he grew up playing. When they came in, he went straight to it a smile beaming on his face. "Hello class today I have two positions we're going to be covering Chaser, and Keeper. Why put the two together, well I figure since they are largely related to one another it's only fitting." he explained.

"Now, who can tell me about either position? Any takers?" Landon asked curiously. You could tell that he was overly enthusiastic about this lecture today. Almost makes you wonder if he played one of the positions they were discussing. Either way Landon was always his happiest teaching the class during this time.

OOC: ---

SummerIsles
Rider Wilson 2/2

The Forgotten Weasley
Evander Lillantine 1/2
Prudence Lowery 0/2

The Beast and Harlot
Louis Addario 0/2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:26 pm
User Image

♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

So far, this class had focused more on the positions in Quidditch, rather than any broom mechanics. And since they'd covered Seekers and Beaters already, Rider figured it would either be her position as Chaser, or the Keeper next. And lo and behold... it was both. When the Professor asked about the positions, Rider's hand bolted up. "The Chaser's job is to score points. Well, some of them at least. A game could be won by the chasers, but they'd have to score fifteen more goals than the other team. Each goal is worth ten points, after all." She looked around at the others, wondering if they had anything to chip in.

♪ I wanna scream ♫

{...}

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:14 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <3rd Year>
Time: 2030-2031
Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Lola arrived to class with her broom in her hand and took a spot near Rider, listening as the lecture began. When Rider offered her explanation, Lola spoke up with a slight blush uncomfortable at correcting one of her classmates and worried about coming off as a know-it-all, "Actually wouldn't it be sixteen more goals? I mean if the other goal caught the snitch... for them to actually win?" She added and then paused and said, "Um... sorry, I..." She trailed off and then added quickly, "But, no Rider is right though about the positions."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
SummerIsles

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:52 pm
New Year 2030 - 2031

*Will be Posted Tomorrow*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:02 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more then last and that he could teach them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "This year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. Now today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

OOC: Please note that if a student does not show up for class 10 points will be deducted from their house. Unless you are absent from the guild or reason is given for missing that class. First time a class is missed will be waved from point deduction.

King Beardly
Devonte Bannister
Layton Bannister

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey

mc2
Lola Ye

amo10690
Adaline Davenport

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell

Maiya Kajuji
Harper Warren

shabatha
Sata Snow

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:37 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅲ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅲ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Her friends must have thought it odd Selina was taking the second and final year of Advanced Flying, especially since it focused upon Quidditch, and she wasn't on a team, and had no interest in doing so. Selina was taking the class primarily so she could get out and fly around on her broomstick; not so much different than the gym class she used to take at her old school. She didn't mind playing the game, just not for her House. She also liked Professor Price.

"The purpose of the Beater is to defend their own players from incoming Bludgers, either by deflecting them away in a direction or by redirecting them toward opposing players," said Selina, when she raised her hand, and was called upon. "What I don't understand is why Bludgers are part of the game at all. They seem to create an unnecessary level of complexity."

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:18 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image

Harper walked to the class, a smile big on her face. She was so excited! She loved flying, like really loved flying. The more she could learn about it the better. She also loved quidditch which they no doubt would be learning about this year too. Her parents had even finally given in and bought her a new broom. Of course that was after weeks and weeks of constant begging...that was beside the point though. Once everyone else had joined them her professor began to talk. When he mentioned the word beater her face brightened. That was something she definitely knew about. After all she'd spent two years playing the position on her quidditch team, even if it was only as reserve. So maybe she wasn't as good at it as she sometimes liked to believe but she loved it and that was all the really mattered in the long. She didn't want to play professionally anyway.

She couldn't help but wrinkle her nose a bit when Selina started talking. Always so logical that one. She loved her for it, but you just didn't question quidditch. It was not how things went in Harper's world. It was like that because it made it more fun! The added complexity was all part of the games experience. Plus without the bludgers she'd be out of the job. After Selina finished speaking Harper piped up. "Well to me Beater is just as much about offense as it is defense. I mean I know when I hit a bludger away during a game I send it towards the opposing team. I've seen Beater win the game but hitting a bludger towards the other seeker. It is very multifaceted."

Quote:

Quote:

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:29 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon listened to Harper and Selina and smiled. "You both are correct, 10 points to both of you." he said before looking to Selina. "That is an excellent question Selina. See Quidditch can go back to a time when a bunch of witches and wizards decided to fly around on brooms and throw a ball around. It was a bit later on that these same individuals decided to up the difficult of the game by adding enchanting rocks to chase after them. Thus the concept for the bludger was created. However because the rocks were easily broken by the bats it amounted to nothing more than flying gravel. Eventually the bludger was created out of leather and then the iron we use today." Landon explained. "This was also before the implementation of the snitch. I hope that answers your question." he added. Truthfully he enjoyed having the Ravenclaw in his class as she posed him with some rather interesting questions.

"As an overview we all know there are two beaters on each team and they are at times known for being hit the most by bludgers, whether it's by being aimed at or missing their target. As you both mentioned a beater's job is to hit bludgers at the opposing team to make it more difficult for them as well as to protect their own teammates from incoming bludgers." Landon said before moving onto the fun part.

“Now I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit but don’t worry if that happens I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch. Use the skills you have if you've already applied for them before. If you don't have them click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills. If you have any questions just let me know.

((Targets AC is 12))

King Beardly
Devonte Bannister
Layton Bannister

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey

mc2
Lola Ye

amo10690
Adaline Davenport

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell

Maiya Kajuji
Harper Warren

shabatha
Sata Snow

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:25 am
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅲ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅲ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Selina donned a helmet and collected a Beater bat before mounting up on her broomstick. She smiled as her broomstick slowly lifted up into the air. Unlike her usual challenges in class, this was a physical one, not an application of intellect or will. There was a reason why she never cared all that much for gym class, and why she always got picked last when choosing up sides in volleyball. Selina was also hoping some student didn't decide to settle some imagined slight by taking a shot at her with a Bludger.

As one of those iron balls flew toward her, Selina took a swing with her bat...

The Bludger slipped past her guard and slammed into her right arm, right below the bicep, and Selina felt it make solid contact with her arm. Had the softening charm not been used, she knew she would have heard a distinct snap as bone yielded to solid iron. Instead of breaking her arm, there would be something of a bruise, and embarrassment rather than a trip to hospital. Knowing others would be watching, she clenched her teeth, allowing only a soft hiss of discomfort slip past her lips, and she hung onto her beater's bat. 'Mustn't break one of my own rules: never let them see you bleed.'

Position: Not really applicable
                                                    AC: 13
                                                    Modifiers: +3 to Spot, +3 to Hit/Deflect Bludgers
                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Mean Swing
                                                    Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:18 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon smiled as Selina gave the position of beater a try. For a first try he wasn't expecting her to hit the target. He would have been surprised if she actually hit the bludger. When the bludger ended up hitting her, he was just glad that he had the charm placed on the ball. "Nice first try Selina, ten points to Ravenclaw for the effort." he told her. "Next time try positioning yourself a little more to the side before swinging." he suggested. He knew that you needed to know when to swing and how far over to be before going for it.

((Targets AC is 12))

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out