Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2061-62 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm
Woke up feelin' like I just might run for President
Even if there ain't no precedent, switchin' up the messaging
I'm about to add a little estrogen
Buy my whip by myself, pay my rent by myself
Only exes that I care about are in my ******** chromosomes

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Grყffιᥒdor Sıxth YᥱᥲrExρᥱrιmᥱᥒtᥱrEᥣιzᥲ

ꕤ✦❀Ella still couldn't believe Eion and Yukon had actually left the Dragon to her as captain and editor-in-chief. Honestly, when she'd applied as an editor she'd just hoped the person they actually chose wasn't a complete ******** up but now she was the one who had to not actually ******** up. It was weird being the first one to walk into the club room (with a key!) and be the one to tidy stuff up before everyone else got there. It was nice however to be able to get a head start on fighting with the typewriters, she was starting to think it was the magic of the castle that made some of them this twitchy. But before all that, she went to the main table to organize all the forms necessary and at the bottom of it placed a plate of sweets Cella had nearly thrown at her from cooking club. If blondies didn't work on these people nothing would.

Sugar, spice, and I'm nice
Show me what you're made of
Crazy, sexy, cool, baby
With or without makeup
Got nothing to prove (Got nothing to prove)
But I'ma show you how I do

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:29 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor made her way to the first meeting for the Daily Dragon, holding her camera with one hand while the strap around her neck helped to support it. Although this was technically the second club she had joined thus far, it would be the first one where she could actually participate. Unfortunately for her, she had to wait until next year to duel. Walking into the classroom, Taylor immediately noticed the only other person in the room, who appeared to be several years older than her and looked familiar. “Hi, my name’s Taylor. Are you the club captain?” she asked before looking over the forms and choosing the one titled Photographer.

Name: Taylor Olson
                                              Year: First
                                              House: Gryffindor
                                              Any experience: The private school I attended taught us basics of photography, and I’ve played around with my camera a lot.
                                              Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I am interested in learning to take different type of photos of not only people, but also events.
                                              Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes
                                              This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Daily Dragon Room
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Taylor and the Captain
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Daily Dragon Club
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is gonna be cool!

Daphne was stoked about the opening of the school newspaper. Apparently they had an option for photography and she just happened to have her favorite camera. Dressing in a sparkly top and a fluffy skirt, Daph grabbed her camera and hurried to the meeting. Once there, she spotted an older girl, plus one she was pretty sure was in her year. She looked around, spotting the applications (jeez, did all the clubs have them?) and hurried over to sort through them. There was one for photography! Cool! Grabbing her sparkly pen, Daphne filled it out, then turned to see what was going on. The other girl, Taylor, introduced herself and asked the older girl if she was he captain. That answer would probably be beneficial for them all to know.

Name: Daphne Greensborough
                                                    House: Slytherin
                                                    Any experience: I've helped my dad take his photos for the news before!
                                                    Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I'd love to be a pro when I get older, so any experience helps!
                                                    Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: I have a camera, but I've never developed my own pictures
                                                    This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: absolutely!

{{OoC: feel free to interact!}}
I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍɪss ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛ! I'ᴍ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴇᴇᴛ!
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ᴜᴘ ᴀs I ɢᴏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴄʀᴜɪsɪɴɢ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ, ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ɢʀᴏᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Iᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ
I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ, I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? News Room
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Echo, boring people
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Daily Dragon Meeting
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? These people are gross. Hopefully the captain's cool

Milan had looked at the bulletin board for ideas for clubs, of course, he conferred with his sisters as well, finding a few he'd end up trying out. One that had his interest was the News Club, the Daily Dragon. Sure, it had a super lame name, but hey, he probably couldn't change that. Unless he eventually took charge. Which would be cool. Echo had decided to join him, though as a different role. He had debated between cartoonist and writer. Sure, he had some art skill, but not enough to come up with a comic each week. Besides, comics were childish, and he was practically a teenager. No way would he be caught doing that. So writer it was. "Echo, this is either going to be really good, or absolutely tragic. I, for one, can't wait to see if it'll be a disaster. Hopefully they team us up and we don't get stuck with anyone... icky." He let out a laugh, adjusting his outfit before stepping into the room. So far, there was an older girl, and a couple other first years. Gross. Was it just the first years? Wasn't this supposed to be a place to mingle? It wouldn't be any fun if it was just other first years, one of whom was confirmed to be gross. Joy. Stepping over, he grabbed two of the writer forms, then handed one over to his sister. Once both were filled out, he placed them in the pile, then went to stand beside his sister.

Name: Milan A. Wellbelove
                                                              House: Ravenclaw
                                                              Any experience: I run a fashion blog, I assume that works. It's a lot of writing and self-editing. It's called nine2five Iconic Wear. Follow it on insta.
                                                              Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: It seems like a good way to expand horizons, as well as to get my name out there.
                                                              Do you have a preferred section?: News or Gossip. I can uncover either.
                                                              Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: I'm not involved with any, but I can get info on just about any
                                                              Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes, but it won't need editing.
                                                              This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Of course. I work well under pressure.

~~~~~~~~

Name: Echo Angharad Wellbelove
                                                              Year: 1st
                                                              Any experience: Contributing to Milan's blog, nine2five Iconic Wear
                                                              Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I am a talented writer and thought to offer my talents to the school. Also I figured the newspaper would be a good place to stay informed
                                                              Do you have a preferred section?: Fashion if there is one. News is preferred otherwise. Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Art, LARP, Quidditch
                                                              Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: yes
                                                              This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: of course

{{Posting Echo's app on behalf of Adda, who is currently on absence. Posted with her permission!}}
addaellis

I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sᴛᴏʀʏ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴏғғ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇsᴛ
Mʏ ʟɪғᴇ ɢᴇᴛs ᴋɪɴᴅᴀ ʙᴏʀɪɴɢ, ɴᴇᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏɴғᴇss
'Tɪʟ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sʟᴇᴇᴠᴇs ᴀʀᴇ sᴛᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I'ᴠᴇ sᴀɪᴅ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ʙʏ ɪᴛ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I sᴡᴇᴀʀ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪɴᴋ, ɴᴏ
I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪɴᴋ sᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ
Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴇᴀʀs, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪɴᴄᴇʀᴇ
Sᴏ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ʟɪᴇ. Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ɪғ ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄs ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴊᴜᴍᴘ ɪɴ ʟɪɴᴇ
I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀᴡᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:53 pm
Woke up feelin' like I just might run for President
Even if there ain't no precedent, switchin' up the messaging
I'm about to add a little estrogen
Buy my whip by myself, pay my rent by myself
Only exes that I care about are in my ******** chromosomes

Grყffιᥒdor Sᥱvᥱᥒth YᥱᥲrDᥲιᥣყ Drᥲgoᥒ Edιtor ιᥒ ChιᥱfVιᥴᥱ Cᥲρtᥲιᥒ of Ordᥱr of thᥱ Stιᥴk

ꕤ✦❀Ella had bittersweet feelings about opening the school newspaper this year. It would be her last year as editor meaning she would have to hand it off when she's graduated but also because she's still got one year left of (near) complete control. She hadn't thought of who she'd like to bequeath it to just yet but she still had an entire year to think on it. Instead of focusing on that she went about her now familiar ritual; opening up curtains to let in more natural light, spread out some cookies and tarts she'd gotten from Cella and the rest of her cooking club, placed all the related forms for people to grab, and got to work on these damnable typewriters. Over the years she'd figured out that it was the first few meetings back that the things were at their worst having been left to their own devices (ha) over the summer which was why it was one of the first things she tried to right. She'd gotten pretty good at it too, minus the times number 18 attempting to slice her middle finger open. But she figured that was more out of pettiness than actual lack of skill.

"Typi
Sugar, spice, and I'm nice
Show me what you're made of
Crazy, sexy, cool, baby
With or without makeup
Got nothing to prove (Got nothing to prove)
But I'ma show you how I do

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:29 am
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Twelve Years Old - Second Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Member of the Daily Dragon, Art Club, and Dueling Club

Taylor walked into the Daily Dragon with her camera hanging around her neck. She enjoyed taking photos for her colleagues articles, but she did not enjoy the few times she was partnered up with Echo. The two had bickered nonstop and insults were thrown back and forth the entire time. However, Taylor wouldn’t complain about it to Elaina because frankly, that was unprofessional and in the industry, she knew she’d have to work with people she didn’t like. Hopefully none of them would have as bad to work with as the Wellbeloves, but there were plenty of rude, snobby, condescending babies out there. She could think of a couple of other words to describe Echo by, but decided to stop herself before she got worked up. Happy thoughts only – at least for the first meeting of the year. Stupid Echo for writing news articles. Photographers were always partnered up with people who wrote articles. Taylor felt even worse for Daphne – not only when she was partnered with a Wellbelove, but also because she had to share her room with three of them. Taylor thought her head might have exploded if she was in Daphne’s position.

Name: Taylor Olson
                                              Year: Second
                                              House: Gryffindor
                                              Any experience: The private school I attended taught us basics of photography, and I’ve played around with my camera a lot. Additionally, I was a photographer for the Daily Dragon last year and I work on a lot of photography projects for the Art club.
                                              Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I am interested in learning to take different type of photos of not only people, but also events, places, and things.
                                              Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes
                                              This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:47 am
User Image
                                                If I die before I w a k e
                                                At least in h e a v e n I can skate

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Eleven Years Old - First Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                ╚════════════════════════════════╝

If Syd was doing anything on a Friday evening, it was typically skateboarding. Unfortunately for him, the grounds were not exactly wonderful for skateboards, and he had already been threatened to have his skateboard confiscated for gliding through the halls. So not cool. It wasn’t his fault the castle didn’t have a skate park. This Friday night, and every other Friday night for the remainder of the school year however, he would be attending the Daily Dragon meetings. He had heard that there was a comic strip portion of the Daily Dragon and was excited to apply. He hoped that he’d get chosen as the artist. However, if they needed the comic strip to be longer than three panels, he may require assistance in creating the storyline first.

Name: Syd Barrett
                                                Any experience: I like doodling and creating comic strips. I’m not great with creating storylines though
                                                Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I can be useful for the comic strip section and creating them is a past time that I already enjoy
                                                Please produce an example of your work Here you go

'Cause right now on e a r t h I can't do jack
                                                Without the man up on my b a c k

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:14 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

second year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon writer || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

It had been a quiet summer, filled with stupid, incompetent nannies. Echo Angharad of course, had spent the time studying her classwork, prereading her textbooks for the next year and writing study guides, and keeping up with fashion trends. She and Milan had come up with an idea and today she was pitching it to Editor-in-Chief Elaina. Who...would hopefully understand the intelligence of the proposal.

Echo quickly filled out a form as she waited for Milan to arrive. She noticed Taylor Olson already there. It seemed their mothers’ Wellbelove-Olson rivalry was doomed to continue: Echo and Taylor had many arguments last year. Echo maintained it was because Taylor insisted on taking pictures that couldn’t perfectly capture a story. They had to work together entirely far too often in Echo’s opinion, and on occasion unkind words and even outright insults were exchanged (Echo blamed Taylor entirely. There was something ridiculously infuriating about the disruptive Gryffindor.) ”Good evening, Taylor. I look forward to working with you again this year.” Echo Angharad greeted with barely-concealed disdain when their eyes met.She chuckled. ”Oho, who am I kidding. But with luck, we finally have an idea that should minimize our interactions. You’re very welcome.”

At that moment, she spotted Milan enter and stood up to hand him a form and went to present their idea. She set the forms by their piles and approached Ella.

”Ella. Fashion at Hogwarts needs a makeover. Milan and I propose a recurring column, approximately 500 words. where we can share the latest trends and developments in both wizarding and muggle fashion, as well as how to afford and create these looks at cost.” she said, pulling out a sheet of parchment with a full column proposal. There were a few sample columns she’d written up, using clippings from the summer trends to show her ideas. Echo was confident in the pieces: she had done her research thoroughly as usual, Milan had put the outfits together, written and edited them, and they had checked with Harlynn and Yaretzi about the taste, content, focus, and analysis.

She flaunted her outfit. ”For example: simple, but stylish. Shirt, sweater, belt skirt-- but paired with a stylish scarf and some minor outfit, it becomes an outfit. Obviously, Milan or I are the best people to write this column. He has been doing photography and we have co-written before. Plus, we can coordinate our usual news responsibilities more effectively working together.”

She smiled confidently at the Editor in Chief, handing over the proposal and samples in a clear folder. ”The full proposal is here, along with a few samples. I’m sure you’ll be pleased.”

Name: Echo Angharad Wellbelove
Year: 2nd
Any experience: 1 year here at the Daily Dragon, Contributing to Milan's blog (nine2five Iconic Wear)
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: Writing for the newspaper has been a good way to stay informed and keep others informed.
Do you have a preferred section?: Fashion column [proposed]. News.
Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Art, LARP, Quidditch
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: of course

setting Daily Dragon staff meeting, September 2054 || with Daily Dragon staff
appearance 4’9”, slim || wearing light brown sweater-skirt outfit
status prepared

Cinabun Gryffie

kiska166

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
You sit upon your throne of filth
Condemning what you haven't built
So hate me cause you're standing still
Watching while I shoot to kill
I live this
I breathe this
You crave it
✩★
~"Reincarnate" by Motionless in White

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:16 pm
User Image

I need another story, something to get off my chest
My life gets kinda boring, need something that I can confess
'Til all my sleeves are stained red, from all the truth that I've said
Come by it honestly I swear. Thought you saw me wink, no, I've been on the brink, so
Tell me what you want to hear, something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere, so I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Milan was set to meet Echo Angharad at the Daily Dragon for it's opening meeting. He and Echo had worked on a long plan to (hopefully) introduce these bland, tasteless students to fashion via the newspaper. Sure, only a handful of people actually read the thing, but hey, usually they were the ones who'd need the advice. And of course, word would spread. The kids had already started to learn how the rumor mill at the school worked (perfect for using it to their advantage, duh). Once he arrived at the clubroom, he spotted his sister talking to whats-her-name Olson. Taylor or something. He walked in, chin held high to highlight his posture and strut, as their mom had taught them.

"Even if it doesn't work, who wouldn't want to minimize interactions with -" he paused, gesturing vaguely at Taylor, before continuing his thought, "-that."] He sent a sneer over to the Gryffindor, then promptly turned on heel to walk to the club's Captain alongside Echo. Echo got the words started, and Milan added his thoughts as well. "That way even the.... less blessed students can look stylish and chic. It's an epidemic in this school."

It was then that Echo showcased her own outfit, and Milan nodded along, murmuring agreements with his sister. "I've been running a fashion blog for literal years anyway. Besides, even if people just put a smidgeon of effort into their attire, it would drastically improve this place. We already have dreary halls with mismatched paintings. No need for students to look all frumpy. And as Echo said, we're already excellent partners in working together, with me behind the lens and her behind the words. We'd be absolutely showstopping." Echo handed over their official proposal, and Milan rest a hand on his hip. If Ella didn't see the need for this, it would be simply tragic.

Name: Milan Wellbelove
                                                                  Any experience: I was here last year, plus experience running my own blog pages from home.
                                                                  Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: It's fascinating the things one can learn from the press.
                                                                  Do you have a preferred section?: Gossip is always fun, but I would like our fashion column approved.
                                                                  Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: None, but I can join one if it's required?
                                                                  Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes, of course
                                                                  This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: I thrive under pressure.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Daily Dragon Club
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Echo, Ella, others
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Propositions
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? We better get approved
                                                                  —————————————————————————

{{Wearing x}}
addaellis

kiska166

Yukina101

Mʏ Gᴏᴅ, ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴡ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ғᴀʀ, ɪᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
Wʜᴏ's ᴅʀɪᴠɪɴɢ sʜɪɴʏ ʙɪɢ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄᴀʀs? Aɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ I sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡs
Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴏʟᴠᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ sɪᴛᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ʀɪsᴇs
Jᴜsᴛ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ɪᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀɴ ᴀʟʙᴜᴍ. Sᴇɴᴅ ɪᴛ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏʟᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ғʟᴏᴡ, ɴᴏ, sᴏ
Tᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ. Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴇᴀʀs
Sɪᴄᴋ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪɴᴄᴇʀᴇ, sᴏ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀᴡᴀʏ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? The Newsroom
xxx❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Taylor, Ella, Half the Wellbeloves, Someone I don't know
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Gearing Up!
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? The air in here seems super tense

Daphne walked to the Daily Dragon room, new camera in hand. When she'd told her parents about the news club, they'd gone all out to get her new treats. One of those was a little wooden camera necklace that opened up to contain a micro-SD card containing lots of family photos. They didn't really know how the no-technology around magic thing worked, but by golly they had the spirit. Daphne figured she was pretty proud to have a family who'd do that for her. Walking in, she noticed only a few people were there, but unfortunately two/fourths of the awful Wellbeloves were present. Hopefully they didn't have any younger siblings that would be joining. She did also spot Taylor, who did photography as well, so she walked over beside the Gryffindor and offered a bright grin. "G'mornin Taylor! Are you excited to take so many pictures again this year?"

Name: Daphne Greensborough
                                                    Any experience: Working with my dad, who's also a news photographer, plus one year in club learning
                                                    Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I love taking pictures, and would like to go pro when I'm older, so this is fantastic experience.
                                                    Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes to both!
                                                    This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Absolutely!

{{Wearing x}}
kiska166

I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍɪss ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛ! I'ᴍ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴇᴇᴛ!
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ᴜᴘ ᴀs I ɢᴏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴄʀᴜɪsɪɴɢ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ, ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ɢʀᴏᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Iᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ
I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ, I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:28 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

Art Club resource || Daily Dragon writer || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

Since her unfortunate haircut, Echo Angharad had done her best to keep her head held high. She stayed even more aloof than usual and continued working on her fashion column and other articles, redoubling her art projects, double checking her schoolwork and studying ahead. She didn’t need anyone but her quadruplets. She didn't need anyone but her sisters and brother. She didn't need anyone else.

But unfortunately, she was still assigned to new articles with Taylor. In addition to their usual news article—this week they had been greenlit to cover the LARP club finale session–they had been asked to put together a double spread on the Quidditch finals. Two articles and a spread might have been a lot for a normal second year, but Echo had her time managed to a neat tee.

Still, it meant a little extra work and this Saturday, Echo had been waiting in the Daily Dragon room since 8:00, studying between working on designing the spread. She had a desk with cut-out pieces dedicated to thinking through the design of the double spread. Unfortunately, none of them were quite perfect.

Frustrated, Echo left the design table and went back to her herbology flashcards. She’d come up with something before Taylor showed up. Hopefully the Gryffindor had actually gotten good photos.

setting Daily Dragon Room, May 2055 || with Awaiting Taylor Olson
appearance 4’9”, slim || wearing blue vest and skirt, immaculately ironed
status Bah!

I live this
I breathe this
You crave it
✩★

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:42 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson

Ever since the tragedy that struck the Winchester Estate in December, Taylor hadn’t spoken as much with her mum. The Winchester family had hosted a party, where a fire had broken out and had brought many to their deaths, including both of her grandparents on her mum’s side. It was only a couple of nights prior to New Year’s Eve, which put a damper on the rest of her holidays to the say least. Taylor’s holidays ended with a funeral, followed by her return to school. She wrote letters back and forth with her family through the late winter and spring, but she could tell her mother wasn’t thinking straight. Even after all this time, it seemed she must have been very busy and stressed out, dealing with all the ‘legal stuff’ that came with this sort of thing.

Although she was still upset by her grandparents’ deaths, and couldn’t believe that she wouldn’t be visiting them this summer, Taylor was not looking forward to going home for another holiday. However, one thing she still looked forward to less than that was working with Echo, who she had been partnered up with yet again for the Daily Dragon. The girls had agreed to meet up bright and early at 9:00 to work on their articles. With five minutes left until she was deemed late, the Gryffindor walked into the Daily Dragon room, which was not bustling yet (but it was still early). Carrying a folder that contained her photos, Taylor approached the table where Echo sat and placed her package on it. “How long have you been here?” Taylor asked upon noticing all of the different study materials sprawled across the desk in front of her partner.

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:36 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

Echo Angharad looked up to find Taylor finally there. ”Since 8,” she replied breezily, tucking her herbology flashcards away and setting her study materials breezily away. No need to let anyone know how much she actually studied to maintain her straight-O grades.

She gave Taylor a look up and down. A bright yellow blazer jacket over a fiery satin shirt, paired with a high waisted flared pants. Matching gold jewelry and gold and navy nail polish. And that lip gloss–the same one Echo herself was obsessed with lately, it looked like? Echo nodded in approval, but remarked with her usual criticality. ”I adore your pants. That shirt seems a little…long with that blazer though. Did you do your nails yourself?”

It wasn’t an outfit Echo herself would put together, but she didn’t deny Taylor looked good. If anything, she almost felt a little underdressed with her simple long-sleeved dress and high-waisted vest. At least she wouldn’t be subjected to ugly clothing for this working meeting.

”Are those the photos?” Echo asked, holding her hand for the photos. She handed over a sheet of parchment with one of her articles written in neat print. ”Let’s start with the Order of the Stick finale session so we have more time to work on the Quidditch spread later. Read this over. It should be ready to be typed and printed.”

setting Daily Dragon Room, May 2055 || with Taylor Olson
status Not terrible, Olson. Now if you could always keep this up....

I live this
I breathe this
You crave it
✩★

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:50 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson

Taylor raised an eyebrow at Echo’s response. “Came early to study?” she asked, slipping into the seat next to her partner. It would be easier to work together if they were on the same side rather than sitting across from each other and having all of the images appear upside down to one person. “I forgot the sleeves on this blazer were short and I already left the common room by the time I noticed,” she confessed, pushing the sleeves of her shirt up a bit to try and hide the difference in length. Admittedly, the comment about her rookie mistake made Taylor feel a tad self-conscious, but not enough for her to take the jacket off. “Yeah, I figured out a new way to draw on French tips. I think they turned out pretty nice, don’t you?” she asked, sticking out her right hand to show her nails more closely. Although the girls weren’t friends, and they disagreed on just about anything, clothing and style was one topic that they tended to get along about. Taylor wouldn’t necessarily wear the outfit that Echo had on, but she did like her choice of vest – it tied the look together and made it much less boring.

“Yep,” she answered quickly, sliding the folder that contained her photos over to Echo. She had already placed them on the table, so she wasn’t about to pick them back up and hand them over to the Slytherin. She could pick them up herself. Besides, there was a smaller chance of crumpling this way, and if they crumpled prior to Echo taking a look at them, she’d just blame Taylor for the lack of carefulness. The Gryffindor took the sheet of parchment that Echo handed her stared at it while she explained that it was the article for the Order of the Stick. “Why didn’t you type if up to begin with? Isn’t it easier that way?” she asked before she began to read it.

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:02 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

“Working on the Quidditch spread,” Echo replied, waxing a hand at her attempts. It was only a partial lie.

Taylor admitted she had forgotten the blazer sleeves were short–rookie mistake really–which prompted a click of Echo’s tongue and a “Don’t you check your appearance in the mirror before leaving?” She examined the hand offered. “They are nice. Oh? You simply must show me after this.” Echo doubted the new technique was anything groundbreaking, but it never hurt to learn. Plus if nothing else it would be an opportunity to critique Taylor’s form.

“It’s easier to edit with writing. And I roughly know the space it’ll take compared to my handwriting,” Echo replied, picking up the folder of photos and handling them with delicate fingers. She was secretly looking forward to photos of the Order of the Stick club– with all the action and colorful costumes there would certainly be some excellent photos– or at least interesting ones.

There were a few standard photos of the whole group in action, a few of the quieter members sitting on the side playing as shopkeepers – Echo grimmaced at one of her with her nose in a sketchbook, looking up every do often– that was a definite no.

“Do you have any of just Pietro and Ella? I focused on them particularly because they were the founders. Or even with just graduating seventh years?”

She set a few aside with dynamic action shots– foam weapons clashing, hair and costumes spinning. She liked them, but her article had highlighted the club as a narrative and storytelling experience more than a on the combat and excitement. Ugh. Why did the nicest shots have to be these?

“What even is this?” Echo exclaimed, chuckling as she scrutinized one picture. This was what frustrated Echo so very much– Taylor could do some excellent work, and then sometimes she presented rubbish like this. “Is this just Galen changing different colors? Goodness dear, what is he even looking at?”

She picked up the stack of ones she liked. "These are the best. Let's pick a few and write captions."

setting Daily Dragon Room, May 2055 || with Taylor Olson
status Not terrible, Olson. Now if you could always keep this up....

I live this
I breathe this
You crave it
✩★

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]