Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:13 pm
[ renose - HR ]

It was entirely too crowded. While Renose absolutely loved attention and didn't mind being surrounded by people, it was ridiculously hot and they were at a hatching. Large groups of people invited violence, as did small groups of people. People in general brought about dragonets seeking their lifemates, but it also brought the chances of being mauled and the teen was all about not getting hurt today. Having an injury on top of being hot would be icing on a sweet bread he was not interested in dealing with.

So....he shifted away from the gathering a little bit. Not too much to upset Rizdax, since he didn't want the other candidate to feel like he was being abandoned, but enough that he didn't have five or so people up his butt. Hopefully the others didn't think he was abandoning them either, but since when did Renose really care about what others thought fo what he was doing?

Perhaps his choice of movement was for the best, for as soon as he stepped to the side the golden Queen began to hum. It was a sign the eggs would soon crack and the sands would be filled with babies. The sound of cracking was already in the air, and it sent shivers down his spine. Who'd Impress first? Rather exciting to think.

Quote:
that massive group around renose i'm sorry there were so many of you

- ---

[ soui - western ]

The excitement of having someone over to talk to, other than the healers scrambling to get things properly set up, delighted Soui. The man held out a box, which she took with gusto before bowing her head proper. "Thank you for this. If you give me a moment, I will -"

Her words were interrupted by the arrival of Tsuyat and Yudueth, and her joy grew even more. This was to be her first time watching a hatching, and she already had her favorites plus a new friend with her. "Yes, I'm Soui! I'm a healer's apprentice working out of Western Weyr, and it's so nice to meet you!" The box was quickly moved and set where she felt it belonged (a senior healer swept it up to move it elsewhere) and she turned back to the pair of men and their beautiful bronze dragons.

"Are you both prepared to be out in the sun today? We have some ointment you can apply on your skin to help prevent burning, or if you don't want that we have something that you can use for aftercare." The teen smirked a little before releasing a chuckle. "I wouldn't recommend the aftercare, as it smells fairly bad. Use the block proper."

Hattaki
for tsuyat!

stella cinere
for s'del!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:16 pm
A grunt came from the tall, pale young man--an amused sound of surprise that he hadn't meant to let slip. Resourceful, calm, and sarcastic? Go figure. "Do try. But you'd be surprised how easy it is to freeze up when you've got several hundred pounds of clumsy baby barreling towards you." He paused to eye her, or more accurately, the robe that was tossed a bit.

"I don't see any bloodstains." Lauthisen offered simply with a shrug. "They might have gotten lucky." Or they panicked and fell down like an idiot.

meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Unnoticed in the midst of its siblings wiggles, the Solid Pink Egg began to tremble. It quivered. It shook. It wibbled. It wobbled.

... It...

EXPLODED!

Sending shards of egg shell hurtling through the air, a little, lithe, pale Green burbled a happy greeting to the world. ... And then proceeded to race about the sand as if she intended to wear her little claws off.

What were Candidates? She had places to be!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:28 pm
Tarnaria fought down a startled sound as the egg exploded. She watched the green, mesmerized, but remembered what she'd been told - Don't move to attract her. Don't draw her attention unless she wants to give it freely. A dragon finding their rider had to be completely organic on the dragon's part, nothing was supposed to influence the hatchling's choice. It was their choice.

And then her mind wandered to bread, and the bread dragons she'd be making when she got back to High Reaches. Maybe she could fill them with berries and red fruit.... That'd surely taste good!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:28 pm
W'dre of Bronze Dormith

Dormith warbled appreciatively at the little green as she hatched. It looked like she had plenty of energy by all means!

She looks well and healthy. Good. he rumbled to W'dre who had stepped back to keep out of the way, leaning against the strong forelimb of the bronze who temporarily pulled his wing back to give it a break. After all - any candidate in the shade now needed to get out in the open!

There was a little lady who would eventually care about candidates, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:31 pm
Jagmund

A sudden noise made the Candidate almost jump right out of his robes. He looked around wondering where the heck the commotion came from when he spotted the green that had made her entrance into the world. Oh, a green hatching first was good luck, right? And she seemed to be a happy little thing, which boded well for the rest of the clutch, in his opinion. No mauling monsters, he hoped.

Cituvath and Kamila

Look, mine, a green hatched.

Kamila had been watching the goings on from upon her gold. They'd been keeping back, partially because of Cituvath's large size and partially because neither of them were the outgoing sort. Before the activity of the eggs, Kamila had been busy judging the people around, while Cituvath sent a steady stream of her (often bad) opinions about the golds and bronzes lounging about. Her opinion of the clutch's mother was colourful, so Kamila had been forced her to hush in case someone overheard. That would have been awkward, indeed.

From the height, Kamila still had a view of the eggs, though she had to squint in the sun and look hard.

"Oh, you're right. I wonder if she'll Impress to a boy or a girl."

I bet a girl, Cituvath thought, amusement in her mental voice.

"So we're going to play this game, eh? Well, I'm betting a boy."

If I win, extra oilings for 3 days.

Kamila groaned internally. Oiling the large dragon was a lengthy and messy chore. "You're on. But if I win, you have to do what I say for 3 days, without complaint!"  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:31 pm
BastetAmun

Aelyx (Western)

It was nice, having him so near. The beach was all abuzz with excitement, with people moving around in swarms, excited to see the eggs hatch. She was nervous. What if this was akin to the hatching she remembered? Blood, death, fear. Shaking her head, she offered him a smile, kissing him back ever so gently, "Of course I am. I wouldn't forgive myself if I missed something like this. How rare, a hatching like this." And yet....She watched in trepidation, nose twitching as the first egg shattered into a pale, happy little green.

Rune and Rhys (HR)
Rune couldn't help but snort as a happy, small dragonet raced from her shell, watching the delighted little creature with cool gray eyes. Her twin beside her was far more enamored, "Oh look at her, Rune! She's so sweet." That got an audible snort, "You're so sentimental, Rhys."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:56 pm
Huarwar(Western)

His smile couldn't help but grow larger feeling her gently kiss him back. He was certainly glad that both of them were here and not back at Western. Though of course at Western with everyone away, as well as A'ral, they could have sneaked away to be alone with one another.

"It is a bit hot." His eyes glanced up to look at the sun before looking back down at her. "But I don't think I'd mind standing and being left if the hatching was on a beach and we could go into the water to cool off afterwards." The thought made him smile and he began to think about taking Aelyx down to the beach back near home when they had their next rest day off. Just spend their time swimming, lazying about and enjoying one another. For a moment he thought about voicing it to her but decided to make it a surprise instead, to repay her back for all of the kindness she had shown him, as well as for deciding to fall for him.

Into all of his musings came the sound of an egg cracking open. His arm instinctively went around Aelyx as he pulled her closer to him, as well as a bit more behind him. Emerald green eyes watched as the pale green began to run across the sands. Even though the hatchling didn't seem interested in any of the candidates, Huarwar didn't allow his body to untense, he was not going to let his guard down for anything. Not after last time. If this got bloody, he wasn't going to lose someone else that he loved.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:18 pm
Riders
Vosin and Gold Killakeeth- W
Vosin smiled as the gold continued to hum for the young dragons about to enter the world. She enjoyed hatchings very much. The location was as pristine as one could possibly get. Everyone was ready. She hoped the young dragons were ready to find their partners among the hopeful candidates eagerly awaiting their appearance.

“Ah,” the woman exhaled as the first baby dragon made her dramatic appearance. Certainly plenty of energy there!

Thaliawen
For Mari

Hattaki
Etansi

Ly’bur and Brown Hinburath- HR
Ly’bur folded his arms across his chest to wait. This clutch was either super pokey, or their mother had gotten her timing wrong calling everyone out here in such a rush. Clearly they could have moved at a bit more leisurely pace and ensured everything was in order properly. He listened to Hinburath commenting on which candidates gravitated toward who. Faintly he also sense the brown begin his welcoming croon.

A green first, the brown dully reported. My how the rumors would fly!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:20 pm
High Reaches Candidates
Makimton
He brooded quietly as he watched the eggs. His eyes darted from one to the other, trying to catch them wiggling. Makim was starting to get the jitters the longer he waited. The eggs were healthy right?

From somewhere among the eggs, there was a faint crack. He almost discounted he’d heard it, thinking it was a dragon brushing against a tree or something. But no, he felt like it came from in front of him and there was no trees between him the clutch and the ocean. Who would it be then?

A pink egg just simply exploded and an energetic green raced around the sands.

Nalacko
Nalacko wanted to wiggle in excitement as she heard the first crack that heralded the dragon’s appearances. Instead she settled for a quick twitch of her shoulders. If only R’gan could have been here to watch!

“Look at how lively she is!” Nala grinned at the other candidates before turning to watch the green racing around.

Hattaki
Rizdax

houllow
Renose

SilverLutz
Shar

Ruhane Chiisai
Farensil

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:20 pm
Western Candidates
Rinis
(( /I’m late, I’m late for a very important date))

[q uote="Aukai Oceansoul"]L’saen/Solouth

Omurntas
Omurn was content to stand back and simply watch how this went down. It was his first hatching and he still wasn’t quite sure what to expect. Despite what had been explained to him so far. He gave a shrug to Marinel’s question. “I don’t know.” He too had heard the faint noise of a shell breaking open.

“Omurntas,” he nodded quietly to Jarah. Omurn didn’t get a chance to say anything more as one of the eggs exploded. He eyed the green dubiously. It was his first look at a baby dragon. She wasn’t nearly as uncoordinated as he would have thought.

Thaliawen
For Mari

Strawberri Stardust
Jarah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:31 pm
He frowned at her severe tone, feeling suddenly very self conscious. He tugged on his robes and frowned at her. "I am standing straight." He said, pouting a bit. Now he regretted sharing his ointment.

His feelings, though, were pushed to the side when one of the eggs suddenly exploded! He gasped in shock and stared in awe at the excited green running around on the sands. She was beautiful! And so full of energy. He found himself smiling excitedly, his heart skipping a beat.

Then he remembered that his new 'friend' had suggested that he remain calm, and he tried to get a hold of himself.

medigel

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Oh.

Wasn't that interesting? There were some people gathered around for some reason! Solid Pink Green brushed excitedly through the crowd, nuzzling here, and investigating there.

Bright, happy blue eyes gazed upon these seemingly new arrivals, although it was she, and not they, who had only just appeared.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:56 pm
Shaddaling
Aly'on

"Ha! Well he is rather vain so I suppose we might have that in common." P'rell grinned fondly in the direction of his bronze before shifting to where he could see some of the candidates. "No relations of mine here. At least none that I've heard of. My brother is set to inherit the hold eventually so I'd doubt he'd come even if searched. I was allowed to bring status to our family." P'rell grinned again his blue eyes flashing. "I think dad knew I wasn't going to be easy to wed off, but I doubt he expected me to run off and join an acting troupe after graduation."

Zarike

"Shells!" Zarike swore with a startled laugh. He hadn't quite been expecting that but he wasn't disappointed! He bounced up on his toes, taking a wider stance in the sand Incase the little green tore off in his direction. You do this often enough and survive as long as he had and you start to get good at dodging.  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:57 pm
Kinyegele

With Ionan there, it was impossible for the newborn green, who seemed very curious about them all, to make her nervous.

"Oh! Hello little friend!" Kinyegele greeted as it passed her by. How fun!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff