Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Psychopathic Sanity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:05 pm
Lily made her way into the school and settled into a place on the bench.

She looked up and down the table, then pulled her book back out and read. She only had a few more pages left....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:32 pm
"I heard some rumors about Nargles over summer, wasn't sure if you had. Apparently not only do they live in mistletoe, but they've been spotted in a couple holly bushes as well."

"I hadn't heard of that! Thank you so much! This really helps me out a lot, I never would have thought to look into Holly bushes." Venatici was now more excited than ever to get to the school library. He was thinking about going there as soon as the feast was over.

Not wanting to be rude and leave Lucy out of the conversation, he decided to change the topic. Besides, he would have plenty of time to talk to Sybill in the common room. "So, what classes do you both have this year?"

Mistril

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:51 pm
"What're we going to do to start this school year off with a bang, then, eh?"

Sirius looked up at James with a huge grin on his face. "James and I have been thinking non-stop about the start-of-the-year prank! But we knew we had to run our ideas by you, Remus, since you always seem to know the one thing that will get us in trouble." Sirius said, thumping Remus on the thigh. "No one can spot a flaw in the system quite like our Remus, eh?"

"I hope the sorting hat has a good song this year"

Sirius laughed and looked over at Peter, who had spoken quite suddenly. "Oi, Pete! You look all jumpy! Get a handle on yourself, mate, or they won't let you in! But good point. I wonder what old Sorty has in store for us this year. Hopefully something short; I'm starved!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm

Thos mewed nervously as the carriage started, Bella turning to the other occupant of the carriage. She nodded to the young Ravenclaw, responding to her hello, "Ah, hello. My name is Bellatrix Black, and you are?"

Bellatrix had turned towards the young woman, idely brushing her hair behind her ear. Behind the young woman, she saw the lights of the boats on the lake as the carriage took them around the lake, on the path.

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:02 pm
"Ah, hello. My name is Bellatrix Black, and you are?"

"Hestia Jones," she said, inclining her head in greeting and flashing the usual polite smile she wore when introducing herself. "It's a pleasure." She folded her hands in her lap, pausing as she heard a mew.

Oh hell.

A soft cough erupted from her, followed by a loud sneeze. "Oh--erm--do excuse me," she said as she fished through her pockets and pulled out a small vial. she took a long sip, amknig a face and swallowing the blue-green contents. "Mm. Allergy potion. It's got a rather putrid essence," she said sourly.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:18 pm
"Jones? I don't believe I've heard that name before. Though, a pleasure, I'm sure."

Her tone suggested that wasn't a very good thing. She smiled slightly when Hestia sneezed, the young Ravenclaw diving for her allergy potion. Bella stroked Thos lightly, inclining her head out of the window, "We'll be arriving soon, I don't dare say."

It wasn't another couple of minutes before the carriage lurched to a stop, the door swinging open of its own accord. Bellatrix climbed out first, being the closest to the door, one hand holding her robes as she stepped down, the other cradeling her kitten.

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:36 pm
"Jones? I don't believe I've heard that name before. Though, a pleasure, I'm sure."

Oh, yes. It'd be a pleasure for you to take that fuzzball and shove it up your--

"Ah, we've arrived," she murmured in relief as she slid from the carriage after Bellatrix. "Better get to my table before the good seats have been taken." She stuffed away the allergy potion and glanced to Bellatrix, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. "Toodle-loo."

Blimey, am I just a Slytherin magnet this evening or what? she thought to herself as she walked toward the castle briskly.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:24 pm
"So, what classes do you both have this year?"

"Well, I'll be graduating this year, so I'm down to my most necessary classes. Divination's the main one, of course. I'll be doing some independent study for it as well. I also have History of Magic, Potions, and DADA. You both have your OWLS this year, don't you? Good luck on that." Sybill smiled encouragingly at the two 5th years, she was glad she wouldn't have to through OWLS again, but NEWTS, NEWTS weren't going to be fun either.

Sikhe

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:30 pm
Rita glanced nervously out the window of the carriage, anxious for the arrival at Hogwarts. The other students in the carriage chattered aimlessly about irrelevant subjects, which annoyed Rita atfirst, but then gave her an idea for a minor articleshe could write. She pulled out a quill to write it down before she forgot when the carriage came to a halt. Having no time to properly put away her supplies, Rita merely stuck the quill in her hair and raced out of the carriage, eager to begin the new term and distrubute her articles.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:48 pm
Kingsley sighed as the carriage rolled up through the rain, and toward the grand castle perched high above him. If there had ever been a place that had felt more like home, this was it. With a sad, nogstalgic feeling, he removed himself from the carraige, staring up at the magnificant doors for what would be one of the last times. It was, after all, his seventh year at Hogwarts. He had no plans to be a professor (Kingsley had his heart set on an Auror position with the Ministry), and therefore there would be no point in his returning. Funny, really, how different things would be in the future. Not that he knew any of that.

He let out a sigh, tilting his dark head back forward and setting off up the stairs. Kingsley stood tall above many of the others, and with his dark skin and black robes, he was nearly invisible against the surrounded night. Although he was tall and rather strong, Kingsley was a bit clumsier than people often expected. It came as no surprise to him, then, as he stumbled forward on the hem of his robe and managed to knock into several people, including one Hestia Jones.

"Sorry," he muttered in apology, his voice slow, deep, and calming. He was quite embarrassed with himself, though it was difficult to tell. He offered a hand to help her regain balance, as experience had told him he almost always knocked the other person to the ground upon running into them. "You aren't hurt, are you?"

[Would have been longer, but I'm feeling lazy. xD]  

Spiffeh Hats

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:30 pm
"You're in your fifth-year now, aren't you?"

Severus turned his head from the window, glancing at Lucius, noting that he didn't even turn to face him. "Hm. Yes, I am. And you're seventh. Strange, won't it be, to leave Hogwarts? But I'm sure you've got preparations already in mind for after you take your NEWTS..." he trailed off. Lucius probably had quite... interesting plans for after graduation.

The carriage lurched and came to a suddent stop, jarring Severus, when he had again lapsed into thought. Ah, we must be here. "Hogwarts already, hmm?" He smoothed at his robes, making sure he looked presentable. Not that he really cared normally, but in the presence of Lucius, it seemed to matter. He turned towards the door, waiting for Lucius, Crabbe, and Goyle to exit before him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:03 am
Lily blinked as she finished her book.

``Damn, done all ready...`` She looked up and down the table, seeing all the friends being all enthusiastic to see eachother.

It was sad, she'd even give anything for James to be over here bothering her.

She looked down the table at him, and smiled. ...Then frowned. She took it back, as she remembered how truly obnoxious he was. She didn't want him near her...  

Psychopathic Sanity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:40 am
Hestia looked about as she tried to place her location in the new crowd of people that was making its way into the Great Hall. Oh hell. Not again. I think I'm lost in a plave I've been going to for the last...what...five bloody years? she thought to herself, almost laughing at how comedic this had turned out to be. It didn't help she was possibly the shortest girl in her house, let alone the whole fifth year class. Hmm...maybe I can jsut sueeze through and-- "OOF!"

Hestia stumbled forward frantically as someone ran into her and landed right on her face against the wall. She paused for a second to make sure she was still alive until the person--woever he was--helped her stand once again.

"You aren't hurt, are you?"

At least he apologized, she thought, giving him a bit of credit for his help to her. "Oh. Oh, yes, I'm quite fin. Just a bit winded." She grinned up at him, pausing to stare. "Bugger, you're a tall one--I-I mean, I'm sorry I was blocking your way! Short girls like me seem to pop out of holes and get stumbled over, you know."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:09 am
Gilderoy stood patiently, waiting for Alice to respond. Unfortunately for Alice, some of his fan club wasn't as patient.

"Gilderoy, its time to get in a carriage! We already have one saved for you!"

Gilderoy felt himself being tugged toward the aforementioned carriage with haste. "Alas dear lady, we have to part ways now. I shall look for you at the feast. Until then, I bid you aeideu!" When Gilderoy had control of his body again, he found himself seated in a carriage decked out in Hufflepuff colors and mirrors. Although he was pleased with the decor, being dragged here wasn't very fitting for someone of his stature. He sighed whilst ruffling his hair, putting a disappointed look on his face. "Now people, was it really necessary to drag me here?"

A young lad from Ravenclaw nervously stood and answered. " But Mr. Lockhart, sir, we haven't much time before the carriages start moving and we didn’t want you to be late." As if on cue, the carriage moved forward at the end of his statement, causing the boy to fall forward, landing in Gilderoy’s lap. He blushed furiously as he detached himself from Gilderoy. “And .. umm . .also, sir, some of us only have this time to spend with you because of the difference in year and house.”

Gilderoy looked thoughtfully from the boy to the other students in the carriage. “You may be right. I’ll just have to have my coordinator plan more events for non-Hufflepuffs then! Now then, how about you sit down before you tumble again and we can all enjoy this carriage ride together!”

The boy smiled and nodded, sitting back down and basking in the presence of Gilderoy. The carriage ride would be too short for him because in a matter of moments, the carriage was stopping, signaling the arrival at Hogwarts.

Mmm Bop

Mistril

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:09 am
"Well, I'll be graduating this year, so I'm down to my most necessary classes. Divination's the main one, of course. I'll be doing some independent study for it as well. I also have History of Magic, Potions, and DADA. You both have your OWLS this year, don't you? Good luck on that."

"By independent studies do you mean that you will be having private lessons in Divination or are you just going to be researching it on your own? Either way, I'm sure you will improve greatly. And, yes, we do have our OWLS this year. Are they as dreadful as I have heard they are?"

Right after Venatici finished talking, he felt the carriage slow down. He glanced out the window and saw the castle looming in front of them. 'My, that was fast' he thought to himself.

RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff