Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:50 pm
{{Really? That's cool. smile You'll be able to add some details that the rest of us likely wouldn't know!}}

Jessi, nodded. "Alright. I will have to ask you a few more questions in this first interview, though, since you were not aware that this was a security guard position, to make sure you would be happy and successful in the position. Is this alright?"

Amy and Kits had decided to let Jessi conduct the initial interviews to help streamline the process so that Amy and Kits only had to conduct more in-depth interviews with serious candidates.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:56 pm
(( Well, not really. At least, not right away. Once Daniel learns about Security with his iron trap of a memory, then we'll see. cool ))

Daniel nods happily.

"Oh, of course. Ask away, and I'll be as straightforward as I can."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:00 pm
{{Well, I also meant if Kits and I have questions about security, too. We know who to ask, then! smile Like... what interview questions to ask. lol.}}

Jessi nodded and smiled. "Excellent. Well, first, I need you to fill out an application form."

She reached into a drawer in her desk and pulled out a clipboard with a general job application form on it. Written on the top it said, 'Security Guard'. She handed it to the man.

"You can go into the lounge to your left, if you wish, to fill it out. Then, we can start the interview in Amy and Kits' small business office. I'll call for someone to come over and take my spot for the next half an hour. Can I ask your name, please, sir?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:02 pm
{{Ah! Googled and found some. smile Questions}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:10 pm
At the mention of an application form, Daniel's smile finally faltered slightly. He took the form from Jessi anyways, but looked at it as if it were an encrypted puzzle.He had become so focused on the piece of paper that he almsot missed Jessi's question.

"What? Oh, you can call me Daniel. I mean, my name is Daniel."

Trying to pull himself together from his stumble, Daniel drew himself up and cleared his throat.

"Um, Jessi? About this application, I said i would be as honest as possible, and there are a few things that make my particular situation...complicated."

He raised a hand to forestall the questioning look that had come over Jessi's face.

"But not to be mistaken, I do wish to work here. It's just that, much of the information that would typically go into one of these forms, would be difficult for me to provide. For reasons that are both lengthy and, as I aforementioned, complicated."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:14 pm
Jessi looked a little wary at this turn of events. "Daniel, I can understand about finding a few questions hard to answer. I do need to know, though, will there be anything about your past that will make it difficult to hold a job here? I am not trying to pry, you do not have to be specific, but I do need to know if you have ever been found guilty of a felony and if you have a security card that we can keep a copy of for tax records."  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:20 pm
Daniel rocked back on his heels a bit, mainly to keep from wincing at her questions. He had suspected that something like this might happen, and had planned for it accordingly. He just had no idea how it would turn out. Letting a breath out slowly, he straightened his jacket.

"Yes, well, I am more than willing to explain what I can, if it would help me attain this position. But perhaps we could find a place to sit down, more out of the way. As I said it, could be a bit lengthy."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:26 pm
Jessi nodded solemnly. "Yes, of course. Just let me get a replacement up here first."

She hoped Daniel's story was nothing too bad. He was very polite and professional. He seemed like a good candidate so far.

She asked over the speakers for someone named Haley to come and fill in at the information desk for about half an hour. About 10 minutes later, the girl arrived and Jessi quickly filled her in on what she had been working on. Then, she led Daniel into the lounge and gestured to one of the leather couches. She sat down after he did.

"Would you like something to drink, Daniel?"

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:38 pm
Daniel waved away Jessi's offer for a drink.

"Oh, I'm fine, Thank you."

Daniel squirmed a bit getting a good spot on the couch. Partly because he was a little nervous, and partly because he still had Batakos rod tucked inside his waistband, under his jacket. Once he managed to get comfortable without pulling Batakos out, Daniel began giving some answers.

"To answer your immediate questions, I'm afraid I have no form of identification. Whatsoever. About two months ago, give or take, I found myself waking up in an ally without a shred of memory."

He mentally added that neither had he had a shred of clothing, but he doubted that such information would've helped his case at the moment.

"Since then, I have been living off the kindness of strangers, now friends, who graciously saw fit to help me. I have regained some of my memory, though not all of it. But recent events have given me reason to believe maybe I was capable of much more than just mooching off the generosity of my friends. And so here I am. And thus ends the non-complicated portions of my story."

Daniel relaxed, glad to have gotten that much out of the way, and waited for Jessi's reaction. As well as whatever question was coming next.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:46 pm
Jessi's eyes slowly widened as Daniel explained his situation to her. She was very thankful they had gone into the lounge to talk about this so that no one else would hear. That was the last thing Daniel needed. She almost felt badly for asking him the questions that led to him having to share his past like that with her. She didn't want to put someone through that, though those were questions she had to ask so that she obeyed the laws.

Jessi finally nodded and sighed softly. "Well, I'm very sorry that all has happened to you, Daniel. I'm sorry you had to share that with a stranger. I'm very appreciative for you being so honest and open. Since you have no prior knowledge of who you were, it would be nearly impossible to do a background check. I do not think that will be a big deal with the hiring process, if Amy and Kits decide to hire you. As far as payment and taxes, we will simply write you checks until you can obtain some proof of identity... err... of your current identity that is. You will need that to be employed for tax purposes or we could be shut down."

Jessi smiled kindly. "Please, forgive me. I am getting ahead of myself here. I see no reason in what you told me as to why we could not continue with this interview. Do you still wish to, Daniel? Do you need a break first?"

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:53 pm
*Kits and Mitri walk into Aqua Springs. Mitri goes off to explore the addition with Smok sitting on his shoulder. Kits walks up to the young woman at the front desk to see what's going on* Hello... Haley, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:54 pm
In his head, Daniel loosed a massive sigh. Outwardly, he just regained some of his smile from earlier.

"Oh, it's quite alright. The sharing I mean. I mean, yes it's an issue that will take time to resolve, but it's not something I'm embarrassed about."

Excepting the fact that I did it to myself. Daniel gave a soft and nervous laugh.

"And I'm fine to continue. Whenever you're ready."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:01 pm
When Daniel's smile returned, Jessi found herself relaxing and her own smile widening.

"Excellent."

She opened the notebook she had brought with her and clicked her pen. It was her interview notebook and she had the list of questions in the front.

"Alright. Daniel, in your understanding, what does the term 'sheriff' mean and what are his or her responsibilities?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:13 pm
Daniel listened to the question, and then his eyes flicked back and forth for a moment as he thought it over. In reality he was mentally pushing away the excess information that was popping up in his head and would only make him sound like a machine. Finally, he thought he had it narrowed sufficiently.

"Well, in this country, a sheriff is the top law enforcement figure in a county, and is typically elected to the position. As to responsibilties I believe, in the present timeframe, a sheriff is more managerial and political than it once was. They over see their staff of deputies and sheriff's officers, and tend to matters that fall outside the jurisdictions of city level law enforcement. I believe."

Daniel cleared his throat as he finished, realizaing that perhaps he should've trimmed the information down just a little bit more.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:18 pm
{{Going over the questions with Kits right now. I'll try my best to tweak general questions right now until we figure out what questions are best. smile Please feel free to take your time in responding if you want!}}

Jessi nodded, jotted down Daniel's answer, and then went to the next question.

"Daniel, how do you think a security guard knows when there is a legitimate threat in the vicinity? How would he or she be able to distinguish the threat from rowdy behavior in a place such as this?"

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games