Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:52 pm
@ Athletics Competition, Climbing Competition:

Denbe would see the progress Susumu was making, and if he wanted to have a chance of coming in second, he would need to make a similar gambit. However, in his hurrying, he chose a weaker branch to put his weight upon, and when it snapped, he was lucky to grab ahold of a sturdier branch before he fell. It WAS a good plan, but almost all of them are.

Sosuke managed to untangle himself and get the bell from his tree with no further opposition! He would carefully navigate his way to the ground, avoiding the deathbranch from before. {11 vs TN 10}

Sayoko was already atop her third tree, bell in hand, and as the others watched, she masterfully pulled herself up the fourth tree with no difficulty, snagging that bell as well. {0 raises, spending all 3 free raises, +1 bell}

Susumu looked back and forth between the remaining trees, and decided to go try to scalp Sosuke's cluster, since he had struggled all this time. The Isawa would look on mournfully as Susumu practically jumped halfway up the tree. How did he keep doing that?! {2 raises, move to tree 10}

Next round, go!

CLIMBING EVENT, ROUND 4
Yoritomo Susumu = 6 bells, 0 banked raises
Isawa Sosuke = 3 bells, 1 banked raise
Horiuchi Sayoko = 4 bells, 0 banked raises
Ujina Denbe = 2 bells, 1 banked raise

Quote:
  • Tree 1 = X
  • Tree 2 = X
  • Tree 3 = X
  • Tree 4 = X, Sayoko
  • Tree 5 = X
  • Tree 6 = X
  • Tree 7 = X, Sosuke
  • Tree 8 = Bell
  • Tree 9 = Bell
  • Tree 10 = X, Susumu
  • Tree 11 = X
  • Tree 12 = X
  • Tree 13 = X
  • Tree 14 = X
  • Tree 15 = X
  • Tree 16 = X
  • Tree 17 = X
  • Tree 18 = Bell, Denbe
  • Tree 19 = Bell
  • Tree 20 = Bell

Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 3, 7, 8 Total: 26 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:57 pm
This wasn't working out. Resisting the urge to spit curses at himself under his breath Denbe went to his last resort- like the Phoenix he carefully, rather than quickly, climbed the tree, making sure he'd get at least one more bell. Judging by how the others were clustering up, Denbe had more bells to himself here than they did there.

It was a shame he couldn't get all of them, but he could at least guarantee one or two more while they fought over the rest.

[Tree 18]
[5k2 Strength/Athletics: 15 vs TN 10]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:06 pm

Denbe would be very careful now, realizing that his eyes were bigger than his climbing skills, and salvaged this current tree's climb, snagging his third bell.

Sayoko would dart to the tree beside Denbe's cluster, quickly pulling herself up the branches before he could get to it! {2 raises, 24 vs TN 10+10, Running to Tree 19}

Sosuke climb the next tree with his routine maneuver, having no difficulties this round as he snagged his fourth bell! {16 vs TN 10}

Susumu would hurry up the next tree, knowing he would not be able to stop Sosuke from one bell, he grabbed the other, scrambling down as quick as he could! {2 raises, 25 vs TN 10+10, raises banked!}

Next round, go!

CLIMBING EVENT, ROUND 5
Yoritomo Susumu = 7 bells, 2 banked raises
Isawa Sosuke = 4 bells, 1 banked raise
Horiuchi Sayoko = 5 bells, 0 banked raises
Ujina Denbe = 3 bells, 1 banked raise

Quote:
  • Tree 1 = X
  • Tree 2 = X
  • Tree 3 = X
  • Tree 4 = X
  • Tree 5 = X
  • Tree 6 = X
  • Tree 7 = X
  • Tree 8 = X, Sosuke
  • Tree 9 = X, Susumu
  • Tree 10 = X
  • Tree 11 = X
  • Tree 12 = X
  • Tree 13 = X
  • Tree 14 = X
  • Tree 15 = X
  • Tree 16 = X
  • Tree 17 = X
  • Tree 18 = X, Denbe
  • Tree 19 = X, Sayoko
  • Tree 20 = Bell

Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 10, 2, 6, 3 Total: 31 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 pm
One left- it was a free for all for this last bell, and Sayoko was practically on it. Denbe wasn't sure who had how many bells right now, but he knew that he had to get the last one if at all possible, and judging by the dead race over here and how well Susumu and Sayoko were doing...

He should have known better than to think the caution plan would last.

In a last ditch gambit, Denbe leaped down from his tree, instead of sliding down, and sprinted over toward the last tree, flinging himself against it's lower branches. Now or never.

[Tree 18]
[Calling 1 raise to move to tree 20, 1 raise to bank. Using free raise for +5.]
[5k2+5 Strength/Athletics: 38 vs TN 20]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 4, 9 Total: 16 (3-30)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:43 pm
[Denbexplosion: 13]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:45 pm
UNLUCKY

DO EET AGAIN! scream  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 6, 3, 2 Total: 16 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[5k2+5 Strength/Athletics: 14 vs TN 20]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Denbe would hurry as fast as his little Hare legs could take him! If he climbed at the right angle, up the right branches, using their elacity to bound him upwards, maybe, JUST maybe, he'd beat the crazy rigging monkey or the psycho up that tree! He soared upwards like the wind itself was carrying him! The bell was within his grasp!

CRACK!

What was thaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHWHUMP!

Denbe takes 6 falling damage, and is Nicked!

Sosuke would simply wait patiently with the Magistrate. There would be no way he could make it there in time.

Susumu and Sayoko both scrambled up the tree, not even pausing when Denbe fell from it. Susumu spent his banked raises to get there quickly, and Sayoko was right there! Which of these two would get to the bell first? It would come down to the wire!

Susumu = 23 vs TN 10
Sayoko = 27 vs TN 10

The Unicorn would not give it up without a fight, nearly throwing the desperate Susumu out of the tree to secure her prize. They would both descend the tree, bells wrapped securely around their arms.

Sayoko would walk straight to the magistrate, though Susumu would stop and look over his shoulder at Denbe, laid out on the ground. "You okay"?

CLIMBING EVENT, ROUND 6
Yoritomo Susumu = 7 bells, 0 banked raises
Isawa Sosuke = 4 bells, 1 banked raise
Horiuchi Sayoko = 6 bells, 0 banked raises
Ujina Denbe = 3 bells, 1 banked raise

Quote:
  • Tree 1 = X
  • Tree 2 = X
  • Tree 3 = X
  • Tree 4 = X
  • Tree 5 = X
  • Tree 6 = X
  • Tree 7 = X
  • Tree 8 = X, Sosuke
  • Tree 9 = X
  • Tree 10 = X
  • Tree 11 = X
  • Tree 12 = X
  • Tree 13 = X
  • Tree 14 = X
  • Tree 15 = X
  • Tree 16 = X
  • Tree 17 = X
  • Tree 18 = X
  • Tree 19 = X
  • Tree 20 = X, Sayoko, Susumu, Denbe

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 9 Total: 14 (2-20)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:35 am
@ Tea Ceremony Competition:

"It is a fine decision, I think. I'm just a sweet tooth, I admit. I've yet to experiment with other herbs, but I've been drinking this tea since I was little. So, Sayoko-san, would it be too much to ask if you could tell me about Shugenja and what is it they do? They intrigue me."

[2k2 untrained Etiquette]  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:03 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 4:

First check: Matsu Seichiro gains a Free Raise for his final roll!
Second check: Matsu Seichiro gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

"Let's see..." Toyoko would trail off, tapping her index finger against her lips as her brown eyes looked off to the side.

"I think it's different for me than other shugenja. I got the knack from both my parents, but Sosuke can't influence the kami at all. It's just... second nature for me, you know? Well, except for the air kami, they don't like me very much. No one's been able to figure out why. Phoenix shugenja are also a bit different than other shugenja, because we constantly study and invent new, more peaceful uses for our magic, and teach them to the other Clans; we try to keep our offensive magic at a minimum."

She paused, and looked up to Seichiro. "I should ask my Family to see if I can learn some Air magic anyways. The shugenja of Koan-kun's Clan emphasize the use of Air, and I think he would be more impressed with me if I could cast some. Do you think it would impress him if I tried to be more like an Asahina?"

She would wait for his response, before her train of thought pressed onward. "What do you think Koan-kun is like when he's at court? I bet he's so eloquent with his words, but unyielding, like a Lion in battle. What kind of stuff do you think he talks about? I wonder what kind of contributions he's made. I bet he's done a lot for his Clan! I hope he would do a lot for me too..." She would blush a bit, but tried to hide it behind her tea cup.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:22 pm
@Athletics Competition, Climbing Competition:

After the four samurai would return to Raicho, she would take stock of everyone's bells. She would give an almost apologetic look to Denbe. "You almost had it there, Denbe. The Fortunes were not kind to you, however. If ambition was everything, this entire competition would be yours." She would give no formal discharge to the Hare to leave, but she would take Susumu to the side to discuss the next event.

UJINA DENBE HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

--------------------

There would only be two events left, and three samurai remaining. The last two would take place within the Compound, but unseen by the rest of you.

The next event seemed to include the three samurai wandering nearly aimlessly through the compound. They seemed to be in search of something, but it was not clear what. Perhaps a scavenger hunt?

Soon, however, an exhausted Isawa Sosuke would return without the group, returning to his tent for a chance to rest.

Some more time would pass, and a very angry Sayoko would march from another section of the compound, back to her tent without saying a word from anyone. Yoritomo Susumu would walk back with Raicho, apparently the winner of this latest competition!

Kakita Zanzen - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Athletics Competition. 2 points of Honor for showing kindness to one beneath your station.
Bayushi Kojiro - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Athletics Competition.
Ujina Denbe - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Athletics Competition. 2 points of Honor for showing kindness to one beneath your station.
Yoritomo Hisashi - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Athletics Competition.

Also: Since it is no mystery at this point, I can reward them now. Anyone who competed in this competition gains 1 experience point which, like the one from the previous day, can be spent in any fashion of your choosing, if you decide not to bank it. Your expenditure will take effect starting the following morning. Please inform the GM of any expenditures.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 pm
The Hare sat up slowly, rubbing his head, and looked to the bells in his hand.

Only three.

"Yes... I'm fine," he'd rise and present his bells to Raicho, head downcast, but without hesitation all the same. He looked up at the Crab as she spoke, taken a bit by surprise by the almost-kind words. She was usually rather harsh... but, as he saw it, exceptionally fair. The Hare looked less spirited by this than set to determination all over again.

"Thank you, Kuni-sama."

And with a bow to her, and a second with wishes of luck to the remaining three competitors, Denbe headed back to his tent to clear his head and clean up a bit before night. It was getting late, but he was sure the final competition of the day wasn't over yet. He'd give himself until that let out to get ready. After failing that, he felt the need to do something productive with his evening.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 4, 9, 6 Total: 26 (6-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:11 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

He would nod. "Take as much time as you require. I did say after the competitions, and some still proceed. Would you rather we drink here or at the Crane Tents?" He would smile in return. Once answered, he would bow and take his leave to go bathe himself.

Awareness/Etiquette: 4k2

And a 7.  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 1, 6, 4, 2 Total: 18 (5-50)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:20 am
@Shogi Competition

"I think you have genuinely and intentionally misunderstood me."

Mostly in anger and because he might aswell try it at this point Kagae launched an all out counter offensive on the scorpions lines.

(Consuming void to lower tn. Calling two raises banking one and raising Naizen's TN. 5k3 Vs. TN20. Result: 15 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 3, 2, 7 Total: 20 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:24 am
@Shogi competition

Kagae begun contemplating why Naizen was doing so well and would study the board to look for any signs of cheating. Trusting a scorpion not to do so would be silly.

(5k3 battle/perception or any other rolls if needed. 16 rolled.)  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games