Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 7, 4, 2, 1, 5, 7, 3 Total: 29 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:02 am
"A child! That is exciting news," Denbe couldn't help but congratulate, as he listened.

"Ah, you are a lucky man, Bayushi-san; she sounds like a fine woman. Beautiful, spirited, and not begrudging you your duty. Think of what you will have to look forward to returning home to. Give your wife and child reason to be proud!" Denbe said, trying to hearten the Scorpion to the prospect of not being able to return home soon enough.

...when perhaps he should have been consoling him about having to return home too soon?

[5k3-3 Awareness/Investigate: 13 vs TN 35-13(Kojiro's raises)]  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:49 am
@Jade Tournament Ground during the Night

"Many think so!" Kojiro grinned. "I hope the fortunes smile upon you and that you find a match that benefits your family as greatly as my marriage has enhanced mine!"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:23 am
@ Crane Shenanigans:

Kaori would sit there, waiting patiently for the aforementioned tea. "Losing to a Matsu in a martial duel isn't quite so embarrassing as being the first one eliminated in three of the four competitions that you've competed in." She would pause, before adding a "Trust me."

Her gaze would travel downwards towards the table. "Raicho-sama must be furious with me for being such a failure. I'm worried what will become of my future because of all this."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:30 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Jiro would wait patiently, as Hogai continued to look on. Makoto and Benjiro would begin discussing something out of hearing range, and both took turns moving pieces around on a shogi board. Perhaps one of them was giving pointers to the other? The question is, which was which?

Jiro would waggle his finger at Kagae, initiating the conversation. "Just to warn you now, noble Kaiu, that I bested the young Dragon that bested you. I won't hold it against you if you wish to concede already." He would smile broadly, trying to goad Kagae into a false belief that the number of ranks he had in Shogi was at least one. {Courtier [Manipulation] of 26}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:39 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Naizen would gently shake his head, before responding "I was hoping you had good news for me. What of the Dragon you spoke with earlier, about Kan?"

Settling into a more comfortable sitting position, he would then recap his situation. "I lost to the Crab that won the Lore competition. However, he also defeated the Kitsu, so I'm unsure if he's of any concern to us..." Kojiro would be uncertain if this would be a condescending remark, or one of actual uncertainty.

However, this would seem to break Maru out of her meditative state, turning around to face the same inner circle as the other two Scorpion. "That is... acceptable news." she would say to Naizen, holding back a smirk. She would then turn to face Kojiro. "Now, what's this about tea?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:55 am
@Shogi Competition

"That's a nice offer Jiro-san but if a Kaiu backed down to mere intimidation we'd have left the wall a long time ago... Even then I believe I lost to the young dragon who bested me due to how... Distracting she can be.. Wouldn't you agree?" Replied Kagae with a sense of despair.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:09 am
@Crane Shenanigans

He frowned a bit, but accepted the tea when it came, setting the cups down carefully. "Perhaps the Fortunes wish some fate that we cannot see yet. Either way, I think that it is hard to please Raicho-sama, just try your best."

Taking a drink, he looked at her, contemplating Kaori's situation with having to deal with Raicho.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:27 am
@ Tea Ceremony competition:

"I cannot say, Toyoko-san. I have yet to meet him, but I wouldn't say that he is like a Lion in combat. We Lions fight differently from the Crane. Their style is elegant and swift, ours is brute yet effective. But if YOU want to learn Air magic, then go ahead. I wouldn't do it because of him. If he likes you, it's because of who YOU are, and being similar to a Crane shugenja might have been what he was avoiding."  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Plainsfox rolled 7 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 6, 9, 4, 4, 9 Total: 38 (7-70)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:13 am
Rain Yupa
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Naizen would gently shake his head, before responding "I was hoping you had good news for me. What of the Dragon you spoke with earlier, about Kan?"

Settling into a more comfortable sitting position, he would then recap his situation. "I lost to the Crab that won the Lore competition. However, he also defeated the Kitsu, so I'm unsure if he's of any concern to us..." Kojiro would be uncertain if this would be a condescending remark, or one of actual uncertainty.

However, this would seem to break Maru out of her meditative state, turning around to face the same inner circle as the other two Scorpion. "That is... acceptable news." she would say to Naizen, holding back a smirk. She would then turn to face Kojiro. "Now, what's this about tea?"

"As far as Dragons go, I have got them to consider the matter...given Dragons, this may mean they might contemplate it to the end of the world. Hopefully they will undertake it. I even got the Lioness to consider turning her family's abilities on the monk. At this point, I don't think I'd be able to live it down if he is just a harmless monk." Kojiro sighed.

The Scorpion laughed internally as he noticed that Maru seemed fixated on tea. If he was to have a continued relationship with the shugenja, then it may be worth it to talk to Kirano, his unicorn sister-in-law, about obtaining more of the tea that Naizen gave him. Kojiro wondered if Naizen dropped hints on what an admirer should give Maru. Certainly any collection of information on Kojiro that gave information on his wife would include information on the rest of his family.

"Teahouse actually. With others potentially looking into our spiritual dilemma for us, I wondered if we might take the opportunity to take a breather and enjoy cultured entertainment for the evening. I think we may have to attempt a bruteforce win for our clan in the events tomorrow." Kojiro frowned.

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier check (2 additional dice for explodies; +3 due to wound levels)
Raises: 2
Results: 20  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:32 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 4:

First check: Matsu Seichiro gains a Free Raise for his final roll!
Second check: Matsu Seichiro gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

She would smile a bit, her cheeks becoming a bit more flushed. "You really think so? I mean, I don't think Koan-kun likes me just because I'm a shugenja, but still... I bet you're right! You wouldn't be at this competition if you didn't know about these sorts of things, right?"

Her fingertips would rhythmically tap the sides of her cup, as she seemed to be thoughtful about the matter. "Well, I think I'll learn to do better with Air magic, because I think that would make me more well-rounded, and I think Koan-kun would like that. I don't want to have any flaws for him, he only deserves the best! I want to make sure I can make him as happy as possible. Do you have anyone you feel that strongly for, Seichiro-san? I like how Koan-kun smiles at me when I know he's happy for me, and happy because of me."

Suddenly, her eyes lit up. "Seichiro-san, do you know any skills or trades that you might be able to give me pointers on? Like, bonsai or origami! I really don't have any practice doing any artsy things, and I think it would impress Koan-kun if I could do more for him than just cast spells."

{Courtier of 0}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:37 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Jiro would shrug. "I don't think Wazuka-san was that bad. She was just excitable. Weren't you excited when you received your first... schematic?" he would try to explain, taking a shot in the dark.

Jiro would then wave Hogai over. "Hey, Hogai-san! How should we determine turn order?"

Hogai would smile and approach the table, reaching into his Fortune & Winds bag and pulling out a die. "Hello to you too, Jiro-san. When Kagae-san and I played, we rolled one of these to determine who went first."

Jiro smiled. "So THAT'S what you were doing before! Hey, Kagae-san! I like that style. Should we leave it up to fate?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:41 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

Kaori would force a smile, pausing to thank the servant for the tea before lifting it, blowing slightly to cool it off. "That's the thing. I'm no longer confident that my best is good enough to serve my Clan. I've been thinking of signing up for the Kuni Witch Hunters after this is over. Perhaps a noble death in battle will be the best thing I'll accomplish in this lifetime. For a Crab, it is the best end we can hope for."

She would smile a bit more sincerely now. "Don't let my melancholy words weigh down your spirits though. I'm not decided yet. So, why were you so eager to have tea with me, Zanzen-san?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:44 pm
@Shogi Competiton

"I'd rather not Jiro-san leaving things to the fortunes isn't the way I like to do things..." Replied Kagae sheepishly hoping not to disappoint whom he might at this point a potential friend, "If you insist upon it I will but like I said I'd rather not..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Maru would nod at the suggestion. "Good work, Kojiro-san. I think if we were to go to such a place, it would require horses to get there and back to not be delayed for tomorrow's events. If we ask permission, we should be able to get the magistrates to lend us three for the evening. I think such an outing would do much to lift our spirits. Naizen-san?"

Naizen would stare forward at the two, quiet for a few moments before responding. "I think it is a terrible idea. A lax attitude is the last thing we need before the final day to compete."

Maru would lean in close to Kojiro's side, her delicate hand gripping the sleeve of his kimono. "What do you think, Kojiro-san? Should we try harder to convince Naizen-san to join us? Or should it just be... you and I, alone?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:51 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Jiro would nod, as Hogai seemed legitimately disappointed and put the die away. "Then what stipulations do you suggest, Kagae-san? I leave the choice to your expertise."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games