Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:40 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i m p r e s s s u r p r i s e b e d a z z l e m e - - -
h u f f l e p u f f t a b l e ✖
n o o n e ✖
t h e u s u a l
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

The blonde slid onto the bench, like he did last year, laughing as he halted to a stop on the smooth surface, friction finally doing its job. Second year! Del couldn't believe it had been a year already! Waving at the new first year, the Borson took a seat, resting his head on folded arms as he watched the Sorting.

To think, he had been there just last year! His thoughts wandered off in a little while, as it was apt to do. He wondered about his classmates, his classes, school, life in particular, food and Victor. The upperclassman really was adorable, proven over and over again when he got to see the other boy. Bringing himself out of it, the Hufflepuff brought one leg up on the bench, hugging it close to his body as he continued to watch the Sorting.

The poor dears.

They must be so nervous.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:09 am
User Image
User Image

Lɪɢʜᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛs ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ
Aɴᴅ I’ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀɪᴍɪɴᴀʟ
Aɴᴅ ғʟᴇᴇɪɴɢ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs sᴄᴇɴᴇ
Aɴᴅ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴛʜɪɴᴋᴀʙʟᴇ

Dhylan followed Rose and Nell to the hall, but when he heard the redhead's comment, he decided it would be best for him to sit anywhere else. He didn't know what had happened, nor why he was pinned as a rude person, but it made him feel bad nonetheless. He sat at the other end of the table, a heavy feeling in his stomach. He'd just shaken the depression Eun had left him with, and he didn't want to feel it again. Instead, he crossed his arms on the table, then lay his head on top. There. A nice, calm place to think. He hadn't seen or heard anything in the news, and his father never shared anything with him, so how was he to know what went on in Rose's summer? He'd been trying to be polite, was all, but now he felt he shouldn't even talk. Ugh. He'd have to apologize, obviously, as it was never in his nature to be mean to anyone. His head shook a bit, the teen trying to shake away the bitter thoughts lingering at the edge of his mind. Maybe he just needed someone to distract him. He peeked up, looking around for.... for... "Oh.... right." He dropped his head back down, feeling lonely without Heather and Ari. They weren't there to sit with him anymore, so now he just had to hope for someone to sit in either empty seat beside him and decide to strike up a conversation. Hopefully someone who could buoy his emotions back to where they had been just a handful of minutes ago. He sighed, his shoulders visibly slumping toward the table as Dhyl attempted to find something positive to think about.

I’ᴍ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪɴᴋ ᴏғ ᴅɪsᴀsᴛᴇʀ
Sᴛᴀʀɪɴ’ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs
Sᴏ ʙʀᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴡᴇ’ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ I’ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴛᴏ ғᴀɪʟ
Gᴏɪɴ’ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ
Jᴜᴍᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴀʀ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴄᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ
Wᴇ’ʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:56 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Great Hall (Hufflepuff Table)

"Hufflepuff!"

When Alice heard that she lit up. She was in the same house as her dad and she couldn't be happier about it. Sliding off the stool she skipped to the Hufflepuff table. Taking a seat Alice looked to the sorting as Jasper's name was called. 'Please put him somewhere he'll be happy.' she thought wanting him to be happy during their time here and not miserable. She had seen them together in the halls and knew they'd be together but did that mean all the time?

Watching Jasper go up Alice could tell he was nervous but when the hat called out Hufflepuff she couldn't have been happier. She could tell he was too.

Jasper walked over to the Hufflepuff table thoughts of what the hat had said ringing in his ears. 'It listened to me...' he thought. He could have been in Ravenclaw or even Gryffindor but because he asked it to the hat put him in Hufflepuff with Alice. Before he could even sit down Alice got up and tackled him with a hug. "I knew we'd be together." Alice told him. "Of course Alice." he told her hugging her back before taking a seat with her at their house table.

Holding hands they looked to see where Lexine would be placed but when it came to her the sorting hat placed her in Ravenclaw. "I could have been placed there." Jasper said to himself forgetting that Alice was probably listening to him. "What do you mean Jazz?" Alice asked. "Oh it's just what the hat said to me."

Wearing: School Robes

Wearing: School Robes

With: Each other
OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:03 pm
User Image

Wren heard a familiar voice cheer him from across the room. He spotted her - and what must be Gryffindor table. If there was one person he'd been looking forward to seeing the most, it was the Tigress of the Lions. He broke out his biggest grin yet. He could hardly wait for an excuse to go see her - now he knew how Echo had felt when he followed her into the ice cream shop. There really was something magnetic about Tanya. But as he was wondering whether he'd have an opportunity to wander over in the next couple of hours, he was anchored back to his own table by a greeting from a friendly redhead.

"Thanks Miles." Wren felt fairly sure he could skip out on the surname - Hufflepuffs were family from now on. "Wren Hornby. I can only call myself a mediocre animal trainer at best after today's showing, but I've got time to improve." He stroked his rebellious pet, then met the extended hand with a firm shake. "I'm pretty much at a loss for words. I was expecting something a tenth this size at the biggest - and I thought it'd be plaster. You've no idea how glad I am it's made of stone. Nothing like being surrounded by natural elements." He cocked his head curiously at what he guessed was the start of a joke, eyes flickering to the collar around Miles' neck at the last word. Coming up empty for anything witty to say, he admitted defeat. "You've got me beat. Let's hear it."

User Image

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

PropertyofGaara

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:55 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Hogsmeade Station → Great Hall (Hufflepuff Table)

Chloe walked into the great hall with Newlyn. She scanned the Hufflepuff table for Victor but not seeing him her eyes fell on Dhylan. He seemed rather lonely without Heather and Ariana with him. So being the Hufflepuff she was Chloe decided to go over to him. If Newlyn came with that was fine by her but she was going to talk to him regardless.

Walking up to the table Chloe took a seat next to him. "Hey Dhylan, sure is strange not having Heather or Ari with us isn't it?" she asked him with a small smile. "So it's your last year here and your Quidditch Captain how's it feel?" she asked him curiously. "Speaking of which did you figure out who your vice-captain is?"

Man was she talking to much or what...? Chloe suddenly felt bad for asking so many question to a guy she hardly (more like never) talked too. "Sorry we hardly if ever talk and I'm asking you like twenty questions... guess quizzing my brother all summer for his OWLs gave me a bad habit." she told him honestly.

With: Dhylan, Newlyn

Wearing: School Uniform

Miss GryffindorK
The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:58 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor smiled as he got out of the carriages with Ronna and waved bye to her after they went their separate ways. He did hope she continued quidditch, it seemed a shame not to. He then nodded to himself and went towards the Great Hall, and the Hufflepuff table. It was time for sorting, which brought so many memories to the Frenchman. He wondered slightly how many new Hufflepuffs they would get. One? Two? A ton? It was such a mystery...

That was when Victor spotted Del and his thoughts instantly froze, he was here? Why didn't Victor see him at the station? ...Maybe he was somewhere else? ....Was it possible to arrive somewhere else?
...Would it be awkward if he sat next to him? No, it wouldn't. They were....friends after all. It was perfectly alright to sit next to his crush...erm...friend. Taking a few seconds to gather himself Victor sat next to Del with a smile, "Bo-bonjour Del~" After their non-date date...he had so many odd feelings. But did Del feel the same way?

...Love was complicated.

I feel nervous you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Del? ...Del's here! ....Of course he's here...duh. ////// "
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud third year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

mc2
Greycast

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:36 pm
        User ImageUser Image

To Autumn, this was the start of an unusual year. It would be the first without her brother Chase present, and it would be the first for Autumn to be a prefect. At least it would make her parents proud. The teen sat in her usual spot at the Hufflepuff table, near the middle, but not entirely at the center, and looked towards the first years who were undergoing the typical sorting. How far she had come.

_____________________ _ _ _ _____________________

* * * A S M I L E I S P R I C E L E S S

B U T S O M E T I M E S . . .

A T E A R M I G H T H O L D M O R E M E A N I N G

✿ ✿ ✿

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:46 pm
User Image
User Image

Tʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ

Dhylan looked up as he heard an unfamiliar voice address him. She looked familiar, and it clicked that Remy had picked her as the head of Music Club, and that her brother (or perhaps cousin) was David, the boy Remy'd been teaching. Her name was Chloe, he was near certain of it. "It is really, really strange. It's like we're in the Twilight Zone." He lifted an eyebrow at her next question, then the next. When she immediately apologized, he couldn't help but chuckle. "Never apologize for being curious, Chloe. The wind never apologizes for ruffling tree leaves." That being said, he figured he should answer her questions. "Last year is pretty intense. Captain greatly intensifies the feeling. NEWTs are going to hit me like a Bludger to the head. On the matter of a Vice Captain, yes, I've settled on someone." He gave a small nod, then pulled a sugar quill from his pocket. He had become a bit addicted to the sweet, and liked to munch on them when he was in thought. Since the tall teen had a certain penchant for being in thought, he had been consuming far too many of the sweets. No one seemed to mind about it, though, as he was still working to regain the weight he'd lost the year prior when he'd all but refused to eat. "How 'bout you? How was your summer?" As soon as the words had left his mouth, he felt a mix of nervous and guilty, glancing over at Rose and Nell. Oh well. Chloe didn't seem the type to get upset easily, and if she did, he'd just have to take it like a man.

Gᴏɪɴ’ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ

murruelecreuset

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:11 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall (Hufflepuff Table)

Chloe was hugely relieved that Dhylan didn't mind her asking a bunch of questions. "Good point." she said. She didn't doubt how hard NEWTs would be she needed to start thinking about them this year that was for sure. "I'm sure you'll make it through NEWTs in tacked and it's good to hear you decided on someone must have been a really tough decision." she said realizing she too would have to think of a replacement next year for the music club.

"My summer was great I spent most of it testing my brother. I'm pretty sure you know him, David the Gryffindor Seeker. It's his fifth year so I wanted him to be ready for tests this year. Though I managed to find time to teach my cousin Leo the guitar and I got the two of them to teach me how to play Quidditch." Chloe explained. Come to think about it she did quite a bit. "I had a pretty busy summer didn't I...?" she said with a small laugh.

"I was actually planning on coming to tryouts." Chloe said pausing for a minute. "I know I've never played before but I couldn't help but notice our Quidditch team has less players then the others and thought maybe I could help our house out by give it a try..." she said quietly. She was hardly confident with herself. David and Leonette had said she did quite well for having a fear of flying of course the first couple of times she took a potion to calm herself before trying. For someone who was deathly afraid of heights she sure wanted to do a lot in the air.

With: Dhylan

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:27 pm
User Image
User Image

Tʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ

Dhylan nodded at Chloe, a small grin quirking the corner of his lips. He liked her already. She reminded him of his sister in some ways. "It wasn't too horrible, no, just a lot of thoughts to think out." She spoke of all the things she'd done that summer, giving him a bubble of relief to know he hadn't offended her in any way. "I play guitar too, did you know? I don't think I've ever played it in Music Club though..." He thought for a second, munching at the sugar quill again. When Chloe mentioned she was going to try out, his eyes lit up with excitement. He'd been fretting all summer over the team, but every confirmation of attendance soothed him a bit. "What are you going to try out for, if you don't mind my curiosity?" He gave a lopsided grin, his hair falling over his eyes a bit. His long fingers brushed it out of the way, blue eyes continuing to glow with excitement.

Gᴏɪɴ’ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ

murruelecreuset

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:45 pm
User Image

Chloe didn’t usually talk to people she wondered why she’d never talked to Dhylan in the first place. He was really nice. “No I didn’t. How long have you been playing the guitar it for?” she asked curiously. Chloe had only recently learned how to play it but she found it interesting when other people played the same thing. She could seriously thank Steele for getting her into it man did she miss him being around.

‘He’s curious…’ Chloe thought in shock. That was a surprise to her then again maybe it shouldn’t be he was the captain of the team. “I don’t mind.” She told him shaking her head. “I’m thinking Chaser or Beater because that’s what my coaches I guess you could call them that said I have pretty good aim for someone who’s never tried playing before.” Chloe explained with a smile. “I’m surprised you wouldn’t be talking me out of it.” She added than again he didn’t know what everyone else seemed to.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:24 pm
User Image
User Image

Tʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ

Dhylan thought back to when exactly it was that he'd begun learning the instrument. "A couple years before school is when I first started plucking around with it, but I didn't really get the hang of it and start learning songs until second or third year. I was better at the drums." He nodded, then smiled at her choice ideas for the team. "I know we're about to be in high supply of both. Next year, the team'll be without myself and Ada, thus dropping two Chasers. And according to last year, we don't have reserves for that spot. in two years, we'll need another Beater, assuming everyone that tried out last year returns this one." He nodded, having worked out every detail of the team, including any potential issues and/or possible flaws. When the girl mentioned her surprise at Dhyl not talking her away from the team, he lifted an eyebrow. "Who am I to deny someone of that? You have just as much right as anyone else to try out. Heck, I actively encourage it. I played for years on the team, and I'm glad to welcome new people to learn and play. It would be a tad hypocritical of me to turn people away from the team, then go and ask others to join." He was honestly confused why Chloe thought he'd deny her! He wouldn't deny a bunny if it showed the ability to fly, let alone a student.

Gᴏɪɴ’ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ

murruelecreuset

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:40 pm
User Image

“Drums… I could picture that.” Chloe said happily. “Then I’ll definitely go for chaser then as my number one option.” She said happily. Maybe this really was a way she could help her house out. So Dhylan had a point if anyone was going to give her a chance on the team it was him. “I never thought of that. My brother kind of thought I was completely mad to even think about it.” She told him. “See I kind of have a huge fear of heights so that’s actually why I’ve never played before.” She explained. “Love the sport, hate the height.”

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:53 am
User Image

The Sorting Hat spoke to her lack of self-confidence. Was it so obvious? The hat had to only pause a moment before sorting her into Hufflepuff. Ally was frozen on the stool for a moment. She had been so focused on the other three houses that she hadn’t even considered Hufflepuff. Her parents had both been Gryffindor, from long lines of Gryffindors, so she had wondered if she was destined to keep that going. Or, given the bit of bitterness and anger that her parents death had left in her, she wondered if she would be headed to the table of the serpent. Then, now that she was under the care of her father’s former Auror partner, Leo, she wondered if she would follow him into Gryffindor.

But it was Hufflepuff for her. The hat was lifted from her head and she made her way to the Hufflepuff table slowly, pondering on this surprise. Slowly, a smile curved on her lips and her face lit up. This was great! She didn’t have to follow anyone else’s path. This was her path. Something new and different. By the time she reached the table of her house, she was positively elated.

Sitting down on an empty portion of the bench, she turned and smiled at the others with a small wave. Looking across the way, she saw that Anita was Sorted into Slytherin. But, she knew that since all First Years had classes together, she would get to see her again. The Sorting was still going on, so she turned to watch and see who else would join them in Hufflepuff. But though her eyes were watching the Sorting, her ears were intently listening to the conversation about Quidditch that two of the older students were having. As the older boy talked about encouraging everyone to try out, Ally turned her gaze back to them and felt a surge of courage rise in her chest.

Her voice sounded shockingly eager and self-assured, even to her own ears. But it seemed the excitement of the Sorting was making her bold as she politely interjected into their conversation. ”Excuse me, I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation about the Quidditch try-outs. Are First Years allowed to try out? I have flying experience.”

One of the upsides of growing up with both magical parents and living in a small magical community, she had a lot more freedom than some Muggle-born kids that had to live in the city. Her parents had a little toy broom for her when she was very small that would just hover above the ground a little and would go really slowly. But once she got a bit taller, she was allowed to play a bit with her mother’s Silver Arrow. In fact, she still had that broom packed away with the other things of her parents. She and some of the other kids would fly little races through a nearby meadow or play catch with a makeshift Quaffle. They never had enough kids to play an actual game. Let alone that they didn’t have Bludgers or a Snitch. But Ally had been to many professional games. Her father was a firm fan of Chudley Cannons, despite their repeatedly poor performances.

Ally had never really thought about playing Quidditch herself, but now, now that she was realizing that she didn’t have to follow all the same choices that her parents or even Leo had made, she realized that she really wanted to. Her blue eyes were intent on the older boy that appeared to be the authority on Quidditch in the conversation.

Miss GryffindorK

Voracious Voxy

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:12 pm
User Image
User Image

Tʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ

Dhylan grinned, excited that there would be fresh faces at tryouts this year. "Yea! I can train you to excel and all! Plus, you'll have Ada to help! A-and it'll be fun!" It was obvious to see the excitement in his blue eyes, then a first year asked if she too could try out, and he nodded. "Yes, yes of course! You just have to get a Flying certification from Flying class and show up! Hufflepuff could certainly use all the help we can get!" He looked back at Chloe, the girl saying she was afraid of heights. Hmm.... he'd have to think of something for that. "Don't worry. I've passed the Quaffle to catch someone before, and I'll do it again in a heartbeat. I'm not about to let anyone, my team or another, fall.... unless they've been Bludgeoned enough to knock them out. Then again, If I were hit that bad, I'd expect to fall nicely to the arms of a Healer."

Gᴏɪɴ’ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ

murruelecreuset
Voracious Voxy

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games